Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BAKER HIGH SCHOOL DISC GOLF CLUB FUND RAISING TOURNAMENT MARCH 31st, 2012

Posted by "JC" jose cuervo 
BAKER HIGH SCHOOL DISC GOLF CLUB FUND RAISING TOURNAMENT MARCH 31st, 2012
October 06, 2011 03:28PM
That is right, the first actual tournament to be held at Baker High School... There will be a couple temp holes added to give us eleven baskets total. We will play 2 rounds of 22 holes.. With a few modifications to the course, not moving any baskets just adding a few "twists" along the way, this will not play like the Baker everyone already knows.. This event will be limited in the number of players we can fit on the course to a maximum of 5 players per card for a total of 55 competitors.. We are still working out some of the details so more , much more, info will be coming shortly..
We are hoping this to be a Southern National Qualifier just waiting on an offical confirmation on this request.. Player Placks will be sweet and payouts will be the top third of each division.. There will be a 3 person minimum per a division..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2011 07:05AM by John K.
Re: BAKER HIGH SCHOOL DISC GOLF CLUB FUND RAISING TOURNAMENT MARCH 31st, 2112
October 06, 2011 08:40PM
I'll need to be cryogenically frozen to make this one. Or can anybody find Doc Brown for me?

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
October 07, 2011 05:31AM
Opps... 2012(iguess i'm just a little ahead of my time)

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
October 07, 2011 09:48AM
Something like that, lol.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: BAKER HIGH SCHOOL DISC GOLF CLUB FUND RAISING TOURNAMENT MARCH 31st, 2012
October 10, 2011 07:08AM
It's been added to the SN schedule page....good luck with the tournament!!

JOhn k
October 10, 2011 02:44PM
John thanks for fixing my 100 year "type-O".....
So the event is on and WE ," The JUSTICE LEAGUE", have plans for a great and fun event that should challenge all players that attend.
I want to thank M.A.D.G.A. for their cooperation in the planning of this event and for supporting disc golf in the public schools in our area..
We will be getting out more info about this in the near future..
We want to offer everyone the opportunity to support this effort through sponsorships of the event..
T-shirt sponsorships are $100 each and will come with a list of goodies to be announced later..
Hole sponsorships are $30 each and sence there will only be 11 holes they will be going quick..
Well that is all for now so go ahead and mark your calanders now because you will not want to miss this one!!!!

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
January 23, 2012 05:26PM
HELLO AGAIN, this tournament will soon be shaping up to to a "REAL FUN" event with a total of 12 baskets for 2 rounds of 24 holes per round... We have secured several sponsors already and will start beating the bushes for more sponsors very soon.. The course will be a very challenging one that will change slightly between the first and second round, therefore we WILL NOT be offering a junior or novice division for this event as a result of the changes that will be put in place to the existing course.. Does the phrase "STROKE AND DISTANCE" from the tee box both you ???? If so, you may want to seriously work on your game skills to prepare for this limited event... We will assure that the players Packs are well worth more than the entry fee of $25 per player for all divisions available...If you would like to be a T-shirt sponsor for $100 or a Tee Box sponsor for $30 please let us know as soon as possible... This event is to raise funds to support disc golf in "CURRENTLY" the only public high school in the Mobile area with a disc golf couse.. We are hoping this will also help to jump start more "baskets" in the school system in a effort to grow the sport even more... As you know there will be more, much more info to follow as time draws closer to this event.. We are trying to workout how to pre-registar for the tournament and will let you know as soon as the details are complete..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
January 26, 2012 08:33AM
We'll be adding 3 temp holes to the existing course that will have some challenges that aren't currently available with the current layout.

As for the existing holes, there are a few twists to some of the holes to increase the challenge but still keep it fair. We will only have 60 spots for the tournament, so be ready to sign up!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
January 26, 2012 10:16PM
The Baker High School DGC Bag-Tags have been ordered!!!!!!! As they come in we'll be trying to see how many local area shops will take them as a discount card for purchases... Currently we have 4 T-shirt sponsors, so there is only room for 4 more, and already have 5 hole sponsors commited... Soon, very soon, we open the pre-registaration and will post more details about activities for the day...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
January 26, 2012 11:19PM
I am from memphis area. Where is Baker High School. Might make a road trip.
January 27, 2012 12:08AM
Baker High School is about 0.75 mile west of the Mobile airport, on Airport Blvd... Come on down....

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
January 27, 2012 08:12PM
Well, more good news, our 5th T-shirt sponsor has just come on board and has asked to also give a little something extra in the players pack to promote their business.... Also we will start the pre-registaration on Febuary 8th, the details on how this will be done are soon to follow...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 01, 2012 06:41PM
The Baker High School DGC bag-tags should be in my hands this friday.. Only 80 were ordered, so this limited edition first run bag-tag will not be "fancy" but still kinda cool to have one.. We are working on having "score keepers" for each card for both rounds to make your day just a little easier too.. Pre-registration begins Sunday (2/8/12) and this is how it will work.. To keep as much money in the event as possible for the club we WILL NOT be using pay-pal or any other type system.. The following members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE will be collecting your entry information and fee ($25) at various courses and events in the area..
Justin Tolbert
Joe Jacobson
Keith Robinson
"Bama" Jim Horechny
Trey Duke
JC Cannon

We accept cash or a check made out to Baker High School please be sure to let us know your shirt size, and the division you'll be playing in.. If you would like to mail a check or money order made out to Baker High School to me that will work just as good.. Please note we must have all mailed entries received prior to saturday march 10th 2012, in order to get your proper shirt size made by BirdieMonster.com.. My address is:

JC Cannon
9600 Jeff Hamilton Rd. Lot#15
Mobile, AL 36695

If this tournament sells out quickly (and i hope it does) we will start a waiting list..
If you plan on mailing in your entry fee be sure to include your division and shirt size with you check or money order.. Also please post on here, message me on facebook, that you are registaring via the mail so i can be on the lookout for your entry.. I will keep an updated list of the entries received on this thread and on facebook...
We hope to help get more disc golf clubs/teams and more "baskets" in more schools in south Alabama (and Florida & Mississippi) and this is a good starting point, so your support is very important..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 01, 2012 08:44PM
I am hoping to get to a course or two this weekend as I will be off. Also have some Mardi Gras balls to attend this season so that may limit my playing at least during Mardi Gras. This is for a GREAT cause and it could jumpstart more Schools in Mobile and hopefully the surrounding area to put in courses on campus. This is how we grow the sport and the bigger the turnout the better as this can possibly show the School board that DG is good as it will give students one more thing to do after school that is constructive.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
February 07, 2012 03:12AM
Here is the latest information:
$100 - T-shirt sponsors:
Dr.Harold Veits
Key Chains Bike & Disc
Momma's Mojo
Whataburger
Palmer's Airport Hyundai
The Justice League
..(only 2 spots left on the shirt, so if your interested let me know)
$30 - Hole Sponsors:
Winston Grey, Attorney
Mr. Brian Bakewell
R&R Automotive
SkySouth.com - 2 holes
Regions Bank - 2 holes
...(there is still plenty for room for more sponsorships available here, so let me know if you would like a Tee sign for you or your business)
The 80 bag-tags are in and look real nice, I am attacting the lanyards to them as i have time... I spoke with Mr Zeb Cambell at Innova about placing the order for the players pack discs and extras for the AM payouts (Pro payout will be cash) and other prizes..
Wal-Mart, Lowe's,& Home Depot are making donations to the event with respect to supplies we will be needing to "TIGHTEN UP" the course and add a few new twists..
We would like to say a big THANK YOU to these businesses and individuals for stepping up and helping to make this event happen for the kids at Baker High School..

Those of you who have organized or helped organize a tournament know it takes a good bit of work to make it happen and I would like to thank my partners who are stepping up for this event.. These are also the people you can contact and give your entry fee to when you see them:

Justin Tolbert
Keith Robinson
"BAMA" Jim Horechny
Joe Jacobson
Trey "The KID" Duke
JC Cannon
(me)
We look forward to seeing you soon but as you can understand i will be fairly busy so i may not be at the courses as much as i would like for the next few weeks..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 03:41AM by "JC" jose cuervo.
February 07, 2012 08:01AM
Sponsorship for this wonderful event is looking good. Saw the Bag Tags and they look good. Now we just need to max this trny out and make the Baker High School Disc Golf Club some funds. The money that this trny makes will assist the Baker Disc Golf Club with Club Shirts, Discs, etc....

This is a great cause ( getting youth into the sport ) so come on and play this one people.

February 08, 2012 01:36AM
Today is the opening of pre-registaration... We are hoping for a great turnout and with only 60 spots available don't wait to late and possibly miss out... Only $25 entry fee with a players pack that will be well worth more than the entry.. This is made possible by a FANTASTIC group of sponsors that will grow as we get closer to the tournament...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 09, 2012 03:31PM
LIST OF DIVISIONS, REGISTERED PLAYERS & T-shirt size
AM. MEN :

Will Payne - 2XLg
Justin Dyess - Lg

PRO. OPEN
?Joe Jacobson? - XLg

I will be adding to this list as entries come in...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 09, 2012 08:28PM
IM gonna try to make this one JC. Remember u can put two sponsors per hole if need be. We get our shirts a week before the tournaments, so if u can, squeeze all the sponsors u can on there. Not sure if southside is gonna make it but i will spread the word for ya. Good luck with all this, hope u have a good turn out.

Chad BIG NASTI Andrews.
ROLL TIDE
February 09, 2012 08:52PM
AM. MEN :
Will Payne - 2XLg
Justin Dyess - Lg
Joey Downey - S
Chris Downey - L

PRO. OPEN
Joe Jacobson - XLg

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 11, 2012 01:56AM
AM. MEN :
Will Payne - 2XLg
Justin Dyess - Lg
Joey Downey - S
Chris Downey - L
Jeremy Muniz - XLg (LG + M)

ADV. Masters
Joe Jacobson - XLg
GRAND Masters
Randy Reynolds -XLg

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 12, 2012 06:13AM
We want to THANK our latest hole sponsorAnimal E.R. the place to go for after hours veterinary care for those members of your family that love you unconditionally.

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 15, 2012 12:59PM
AM. MEN :
Will Payne - 2XLg
Justin Dyess - Lg
Joey Downey - S
Chris Downey - L
JC Rohe - L
Jay Bryant - XLg

ADV. Masters
Joe Jacobson - XLg
GRAND Masters
Randy Reynolds -XLg
We also picked a few more sponsors the last couple of days:
SAFETY SOURCE - hole sponsor
Texas Road House - hole sponsor (maybe T-shirt sponsor)

Posters were put out at several courses yesterday (2/14/12)... several players have noted on facebook that they are attending, i just have to contact them for their entry fees and shirt sizes...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 16, 2012 05:37AM
AM. MEN :

Will Payne - 2XLg
Justin Dyess - Lg
Joey Downey - S
Chris Downey - L
JC Rohe - L
Jay Bryant - XLg
Joseph Sikes - XLg

ADV. Masters
Joe Jacobson - XLg
Keith Robinsom - 8XLg
GRAND Masters
Randy Reynolds -XLg
Don't be left out..... Pre-register soon...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 16, 2012 07:02AM
Very Funny with 8XL. I know you think I am BIG ( and to some extent I am bigger than the average person ) but I am NOT that BIG. LMAO

February 16, 2012 08:10AM
8X-Fluffy

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2012 05:53PM
AM. MEN :

Will Payne - 2XLg
Justin Dyess - Lg
Joey Downey - S
Chris Downey - L
JC Rohe - L
Jay Bryant - XLg
Joseph Sikes - XLg

Advanced
Aaron Sims - XLg

ADV. Masters
Joe Jacobson - XLg
Keith Robinsom - 8XLg
GRAND Masters
Randy Reynolds -XLg

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 19, 2012 04:03PM

AM. MEN :
Will Payne - 2XLg
Justin Dyess - Lg
Joey Downey - S
Chris Downey - L
JC Rohe - L
Jay Bryant - XLg
Joseph Sikes - XLg
Bill Wofford - Xlg

Advanced
Aaron Sims - XLg

ADV. Masters
Joe Jacobson - XLg
Keith Robinsom - 8XLg
GRAND Masters
Randy Reynolds -XLg

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 19, 2012 11:35PM
J.C. my name is Mike Bennett. I would like to play in the tournament. My shirt size is XXL. I will be playing in ADV. MASTERS. If any one is coming over to play in the tourny at Shepards on March 10th, I can give them my entry fee then.
February 22, 2012 06:15PM
AM. MEN :

Will Payne - 2XLg
Justin Dyess - Lg
Joey Downey - S
Chris Downey - L
JC Rohe - L
Jay Bryant - XLg
Joseph Sikes - XLg
Bill Wofford - XLg
Jeremy Rester - Lg

Advanced
Aaron Sims - XLg

ADV. Masters
Joe Jacobson - XLg
Keith Robinsom - 8XLg
GRAND Masters
Randy Reynolds -XLg

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013