Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2012 SN CUP Official Thread - 14, 15 April 2012

Posted by sand2bass2 
Re: 2012 SN CUP Official Thread - 14, 15 April 2012
April 20, 2012 07:54PM
Players packs were valued and added to individual payouts at $25. That consisted of a rampage and a team shirt. Did Legacy not donate these disc? Do 66 t-shirts not run about $5 apiece?
April 21, 2012 09:43AM
T-shirts were $6.50. Nice three color. While it is common practice to included players packs in payout results it is not common for actual entry fee $ to be replaced with artificially inflated (400%) player packs.
The names on the itemized payouts on page 8 that have $250 actually received $125. $25 from players pack and $100 from the trophy are added. Adding the trophy price to payouts is a really smart way ( shady) to cook the books and fool us poor dumb discgolfers into thinking more money was paid out. But in Tony' defense, I think he went deep into the red on his fund raisers so he probably had to recoup his money. So in the end the Cup was the charity tournament for the fund raisers.
Anonymous User
April 21, 2012 12:39PM
I love it! Tony charged them $600 for a trophy they don't even get to keep!

At least Tony is carrying along the SN Cup tradition of comedy at its finest.
April 21, 2012 03:36PM
Had a great time Tony, I hope you are someone else will have the heart to run this event or any event for that matter in the future because as I see a lot on this forum a td will get slaughtered for any detail to the event that isn't up to their standards. Maybe the people who are talking about the discrepancy in payouts and anything else will run it next year and we'll see how they can run it equal or better than u did. Sorry if I offend anyone but I'm sure Tony is offended by the way people are questioning his figures so now it's even.
April 21, 2012 10:21PM
You all make me laugh so hard!!!

What in ya'lls mind makes you think that ANY TD has to explain any part of the payout to you?? We (TD's) don't owe you any kind of explanations. If you don't like the way it was done, then don't come back. It's that easy. Noone is forcing you to come. We don't owe ya'll anything extra. TD's should all be compensated for the time and effort we put into our events, and most definately shouldn't have to answer to the idiots on this forum, and I am NOT going to!

If you sponsored this event or helped with its production in any way, then I would be glad to answer your questions. But if you didn't, then don't even waste your time typing your stupid, insulting questions on this thread because they will not be dignified with a response from me. So screw off haters!!!

And whoever DD is, you don't really think all those rampages were donated for free do you?? If you do, I feel sorry for you! Keep jumping to those conclusions peeps. It's quite comical....

Head and Destroyer, thank you so much for the nice comments. I am thrilled that ya'll liked the course and had a good time. Look forward to seeing ya'll down the road...
April 22, 2012 03:54PM
Thank you for your response Mr. Bass. I now know I made the correct decision about sponsoring the SN Cup this year. FYI every player in SN sponsored this event because the SN BoD voted to sponsor for us.

April 22, 2012 05:48PM
I kinda feel bad for the two teams who sent in the "humble" request for $50 sponsorship.
April 22, 2012 09:11PM
Tony,
I have talked to a lot of people on here, facebook, and in person. Everyone I have spoken with agrees you should be compensated of your efforts. Everyone, that i have spoken with, thinks you should receive 15 - 20% of the event intake. The only problem is you have decided to take the butthead route instead of saying "this is what I did". You see Tony, everyone knows how much effort you put into making this a great experience, but now you want to tinkle in people's faces and that bro is the wrong street to travel. Good Luck with your stance! I am done with this conversation. Good luck with your future Large Mouth Production!

April 23, 2012 08:28AM
That's a pretty guilty sounding response Tony. Everyone was wondering why you weren't at Smack Down. Sometimes I take the week off if I break $1000 on the weekend. In response to Destroyer's comment that he would like to see someone run the tournament as well as Tony, it was ran as well first 2 years with the same number of teams, same entry fees but double the payout. Disc golf is not my job. The money it generates for me is inconsequential but I have been plying tournaments for 20 years and I always do the math and when I see someone that appears to be pulling a fast one I voice my opinion. The past is over. These kind of comments are for the future. I hate to see people making the same mistakes over and over, misplacing trust in the same places. T Ds dont have to publish their accounting for tournaments, but golfers still want to know where their money goes. Misleading $ results and name calling (i.e. idiots) does nothing to exonerate your reputation.
April 23, 2012 08:56AM
It is a shame to let all the hard work and the fantastic job you did with this tourney be over shadowed by these accusations when transparent accounting could shut us up. I would support a T D that makes poor financial decisions rather than a T D that I suspect of dishonesty. I think T Ds should be paid. S N board should perhaps consider a T D pay schedule. The only money in disc golf is selling disc. That's how you make money without people complaining. When golfers don't see 85-90% of their money in payout the T D responsible gets a negative reputation.
April 23, 2012 09:02AM
What tarnishes my reputation are posters like ya'll. Good thing I have the resolve to not let it bother me.

And I have not been to the Smackdown in like 3 years. So once again, keep jumping to those conclusions DD because I am still laughing.

I actually would have liked to come but had to work, like most Saturdays these days. Sorry I wasn't there to kick your butt!! On the course that is. LOL!

Tony Bass
April 23, 2012 09:18AM
DD, all of your questions could easily have been answered had ya'll sent in the $50 sponsorship that was requested. I have no problem sharing finances with my sponsors. 6 teams in the field did sponsor and 5 did not. Still not sure why any of you would choose to not sponsor and have your team name represented on the shirts, but that was ya'lls decision so live with it.

Whenever all the haters are finished posting negative comments here, I will post some more info about where the money was spent. From where I am sitting there was a lot of money added to this tourney, but ya'll are too blind to see it I guess.

I will give you a little hint bout some of it though. Remember all those volunteers that made this event what it was. Remember how I said they ALL got a shirt and a disc and we did drawings to reward them for their efforts. I guess you "jumped to the conclusion" that all that was paid for out of my pocket????? Or was "donated for free"??? WRONG AGAIN!!!

Tony Bass
April 23, 2012 10:18AM
My conclusions were questions. Your reputation as a T D was already tarnished before this tourney. That's why we didn't't send extra money.
April 23, 2012 10:21AM
Extra money for info and preferential treatment. Kind of similar to the definition of extortion.
April 23, 2012 10:28AM
What do u think of all this Hofmann?
April 23, 2012 10:45AM
That was supposed to be "Hogman"
April 23, 2012 11:04AM
Calling us haters and idiots are the only hateful comments I have seen. People often resort to personal attacks when they have no logical argument.
April 23, 2012 03:07PM
Your Jedi mind games won't work this time young Skywalker.....
April 23, 2012 07:16PM
Release my friends Janna or suffer the consequences.
April 23, 2012 08:14PM
DD,
There is a simple solution for all of the players at this years cup,
Ask one of the 6 teams that did pay the $50 sponsor fee to show you a copy of the detailed financial report that they received from the TD.
It's better than being extorted or belittled by a TD that doesn't owe the players anything.
April 26, 2012 07:29AM
SuperSheaps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DD,
> There is a simple solution for all of the players
> at this years cup,
> Ask one of the 6 teams that did pay the $50
> sponsor fee to show you a copy of the detailed
> financial report that they received from the TD.
>
> It's better than being extorted or belittled by a
> TD that doesn't owe the players anything.

I agree with you on how to get the report, but I disagree that a TD doe$ not owe the players anything!

This is considered a SNDG series championship so I think a report should be shared with everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2012 07:56AM by Tax Man.
April 26, 2012 11:54AM
This is NOT a championship! Lets get that straight now!

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
April 26, 2012 01:50PM
Thanks Hog!! You read my mind.

As for the comparisons of this year's CUP to the previous 2 years, Hogman had some outside help as far as sponsors goes. Other people and clubs sponsored, ran events to help raise money for the event which I imagine helped a lot. I asked for help on this forum for months and NOT ONE club or person stepped up with sponsorship (other than those 6 gracious teams who included $50 with their entry and Mr. JimO) to help out this year.

This year was a one-man effort so of course there wasn't nearly as much money as in the past, b/c one man can only do so much. If some of you were so concerned with the payout maybe you should have stepped up and helped me??? The 3 fundraisers I did in Columbia leading up to the tourney drew hardly anyone and flopped, so where were you all at then??? M.I.A.!!! Ya'll don't want to do anything to help the tourney be better, just try and bring the person down that did work his butt off to make it good for everyone. Any wonder why I am defensive???

TB
Anonymous User
April 26, 2012 02:33PM
Tony, no one said it wasn't a top notch grade A event. Our concerns are with your shady payout. Your lack of sponsors are due to your reputation. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers the canned good ONLY Icebowl. Your payout doesn't add up, not even close with the money payed in. Most TDs make a little money and pay for out of pocket expenses, no one says this is wrong, just don't be dishonest about it.

People might be more open to sponsoring your tournaments when you post TD reports that add up. Good luck getting future sponsors now with this.

Should change it to "Large Pockets Productions".
April 26, 2012 02:46PM
SandBass2 wrote:
I asked for help on this forum for months and NOT ONE club or person stepped up with sponsorship (other than those 6 gracious teams who included $50 with their entry and Mr. JimO) to help out this year.

: (

I did........ not part of the team, but for the store??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Anonymous User
April 26, 2012 02:58PM
$1,950 was payed out with $3,500+ payed in, that includes the SN's $200 sponsorship, the 6 teams $50 sponsorship. That's over $1,500 not accounted for not counting your fundraiser tournaments $ or any other sponsorships.

Do you see why people are questioning it Tony?
April 26, 2012 03:13PM
I have had about enough of this thread.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2012 03:14PM by ransomjones.
Anonymous User
April 26, 2012 08:52PM
Strangely I can't get enough. But I'm not necessarily talking about this thread badda bing!

I remember the first fundraiser in Columbia...the quote still haunts me to this day..."no one gives a @#$%& about those late SN fees!"

What had I gotten myself into? Was it safe to be playing in a group with someone who believed that? I could barely concentrate the rest of the day. Thank goodness I only had to beat one other player that day or I was a goner.

Another quote was even better..."everyone knows I'm good for those fees anyway."

I think I was lucky to get out of there alive I tell you! But I lived to warn NO Team to stay at home!
April 26, 2012 10:41PM
Bluff don't put things in quotations that you know not to be true. Those were not my words. And the SN got their fees, just like I said they would, late or not. It was never an issue in the past, still is not and never will be. But again, thank you for coming up and supporting the event. It was appreciated!!

Teresa, I am sorry I forgot to list you as a sponsor. Ya'll did in fact step to the plate and it is greatly appreciated. I guess I was refferring to SN city clubs in general and it slipped my mind. A thousand apologies for that mis-hap. Key Chains Bike & Disc Shop Rocks!!!

TB
April 27, 2012 05:41AM
Hogman, Tony, my bad calling it a championship. I $uppo$e its a good thing it was not. But any

Dillion, wow are those numbers accurate?? 1500 missing/not accounted for.......YIKES

Tony, even though I had nothing to do with the event this has got me curious. Why won't you just post the numbers for the event? $eem$ like the easiest way to answer all the questions.

best of luck.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013