Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Marsh Madness 2012 - Shepard State Park - 10 march 2012

Posted by Shane.Hughes 
Marsh Madness 2012 - Shepard State Park - 10 march 2012
January 02, 2012 07:13PM
The Mississippi Coast Disc Golf Addicts proudly presents -

Marsh Madness 2012

Schedule and Format:

Saturday, March 10th at Shepard State Park in Gautier MS. Registration opens at 7:00 AM. A brief players meeting will follow the conclusion of registration at 9:00am and the first round will tee off at 9:30 AM.

All divisions will play the established tee locations, except for novices and juniors. They will play a mixture of the established tees and shorter "Red" tees on certain holes. Red tees will be clearly marked.

Tee time for the second round will be 1 hour after the last score card is turned. An awards ceremony will follow the second round once the final scores have been tallied. All CTP prizes, awards, merchandise and cash won by players will be presented at the awards ceremony.

Entry Fees

Pro Divisions:
Pro Open - $35
Pro Women - $35
Pro Masters - $35
Pro Masters Women - $35
Pro Grandmasters - $35
Pro Senior Grandmasters - $35

Amateur Divisions:
Advanced - $27
Advanced Masters - $27
Am Men - $27
Am Women - $27
Novice - $20
Junior - $20

Payouts and Extras

33% of all divisions will be paid.
There will be CPTS, Long Drive Contest, and a Ring of Fire.

Vegas style Ace Pot, $1 thru $5. Throw-off (if necessary) will be held while the scores are being tallied after the second round.

*Vegas Style means that you can put in $1-$5 into the ace pot. If an ace is hit during the tournament they take the money (multiple aces split it). If no ace is hit then you have a throw off as usual but you get to throw as many times as dollars you put in. Don't forget to write on the envelope how many dollars you put in.

The first 90 players that sign up will receive a Hot Stamped Disc (Nuke ESP, Sure Grip Surge, Avenger ESP, Predator, or Omega Super Soft Putter)

Directions and Contact Information

Shepard State Park:
Take the Gautier Ext (Exit 61) off I-10. Go south on Gautier Vancleave Road till you reach Hwy 90. Turn left on Hwy 90 and travel to next red light and take a right on Ladnier Road. Follow all the way down till you see sign for Shepard State Park and take a left on Graveline Road. Fllow down and about a mile or so down you will see the Entrance to Shepard State Park on the left. Follow in through gate and Disc Golf Course Hole 1 is located on 2nd road on the Left.

There will be a $3 dollar charge upon arrival per car to get in the Park.

Contact

Tournament director

Shane Hughes (228) 447-5902 or MCDGA@yahoo.com

President of MCDGA
10 Strong and growing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 06:27PM by John K.
Re: Marsh Madness 2012 - Shepard State Park
January 11, 2012 05:54PM
Shane,
Great job in getting the ball rolling in Gautier area. I hope to be in town this weekend so mayvbe we can squeeze in a round. Looking forward to many great tournaments in the future.
January 11, 2012 06:02PM
Awesome, I will try to make this one for sure. If you have a flyer for this let me know and I will post it at Buccaneer and try to get some of those guy to come and play.
January 12, 2012 06:27AM
Who do we make the check out to, and what's the address?
January 12, 2012 09:21AM
Hope all that can make it to this will, the city has taken over the park it will be nice to show the park what DISC GOLF can do for the city and thier park. SKY SOUTH will be there and hope you will to.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
January 13, 2012 08:01AM
I will have the Flyer made by next week. I am still in the process of designing the Logo for the tournament. The Pre registration info will be out as well by the end of next week.

@Eric - I will def get you or Cullen a flyer ASAP for Bucc. I will try to make it out one of these Sundays to play the course.
January 13, 2012 09:21PM
Pre-registration can be sent to the following address:
Shane Hughes
5805 Toche Rd
Ocean Springs, MS 39564
January 24, 2012 07:47PM
Shane.Hughes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will have the Flyer made by next week. I am
> still in the process of designing the Logo for the
> tournament. The Pre registration info will be out
> as well by the end of next week.
>
> @Eric - I will def get you or Cullen a flyer ASAP
> for Bucc. I will try to make it out one of these
> Sundays to play the course.

Shane, I will be at tourny this weekend. Bring me a flyer and I will post at Bucc. for you.
Bring a few, I might be able to post at Pearl River CC.
January 31, 2012 04:12AM
We went by Paul B and Ash Lake on Sunday. Both courses looked great.
February 08, 2012 06:56PM

Here is the Logo for the Tournament that will be on all the Discs.

All players will be able to choose there choice of Disc at signup. Discs to choose from will be ESP Nuke, ESP Buzz, Z Flick, or Soft Challenger.

Also my company will be sponsoring the Event so we will also have Gas Cards to pass out to players at registration while supplies last.

Also Subway will be Catering the Event so players can place their Orders in the Morning and I will have all orders ready after Rd1. You can get any Regular Footlong on the menu for $6.

Looking Forward to a great turnout!
February 08, 2012 08:09PM
Nice Shane I am going to try and make this!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
February 09, 2012 04:09AM
Thanks Keith and looking forward to seeing you.
February 13, 2012 04:50AM

Official Flyer for event.
February 16, 2012 04:52AM
Sponsors List

Kangaroo Express [www.thepantry.com]
Government Street Grocery Bar and Grill [www.facebook.com]
Preferred Performance
KWISKY'S DUGOUT [kwitzkysdugout.com]
Artrageous Designs
Keith Hughes Boxing and Fitness

I will fill in as they come
February 16, 2012 05:47AM
Shane i hate i'm gonna miss this but i am scheduled to work this weekend... i hope you have a great turnout at a really nice course.. call me in the late afternoon some day when you get time... i would really like to work with you to do something at I.G. Levy park somewhere down the calander... It is a great course that should be shown some love by the disc golf community.. my number is 251-377-8551.... Best of luck with your tournament, i know the stress you are currently under... It will be good to have a strong Mississippi Gulf Coast disc golf group again.. call me..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 16, 2012 06:53PM
Thanks J.C. I actually have a Tournament in July "The Firecracker Classic" That we will be having at I.G. Levy. We are going to turn our attention to that course and try to give it a little TLC and see if we can get it back to its glory days. I will give you a call asap and we can work on something.
February 16, 2012 07:01PM
Shane, call anytime i can be of service... 251-377-8551... if i don't answer please leave a message... i look forward to hearing from ya, and hope to see you and your mississippi crew at the baker high school tourney on saturday, march 31st... if ya know your gonna make it let me know so i can get everyone pre-registered....

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 17, 2012 04:41AM
We will have a meeting this Sunday then I will let you know. I am almost 99% positive we are all coming though.
February 17, 2012 05:58PM
GREAT... Again good luck with your tourney and i hope you have a hugh turn out for it....

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 17, 2012 06:28PM
Cullen I received your preregistration.
February 18, 2012 04:31PM
cool. looking forward to it. played with Moe yesterday and threw from the "Pro" tees. Looking good out there.
February 18, 2012 10:37PM
Thanks man! We have been working hard. Moe has been great on helping give some great ideas on them. The Pro Tees we are adding will be a nice change to go with the original boxes and should offer a interesting 2nd round. We are playing at Bucc tomorrow morning if you want to join. We will all be there at 9am.
February 20, 2012 01:28AM
Had a blast playing with you all today, thanks for all those nice autographs on my Core. Looking foward to playing in a not so windy course lol
February 21, 2012 10:22AM
Eric,

Wimpy Ace!.......wait, that was WINDY ACE! We'll have to do it again soon. Let us know when you are over this way, as well.

BTW - If you come across my dyed leopard, I lost it on one of the last few holes. I think on the hole through the high grass. Forgot to pick it up! it's got my email :bradballen@gmail.com.
February 21, 2012 09:05PM
Guyute Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eric,
>
> Wimpy Ace!.......wait, that was WINDY ACE! We'll
> have to do it again soon. Let us know when you are
> over this way, as well.
>
> BTW - If you come across my dyed leopard, I lost
> it on one of the last few holes. I think on the
> hole through the high grass. Forgot to pick it up!
> it's got my email :bradballen@gmail.com.

Haha, I will try to make it over there from time to time, maybe when they start giving me more then one day off a week lol. I'll keep an eye for your Leopard what color is it and whats the dye?
February 22, 2012 08:19PM
SPONSORS LIST (update) Please visit our sponsors and give them your business, when in town!

Kangaroo Express (www.thepantry.com)
Government Street Grocery Bar and Grill (Facebook)
Preferred Performance
Kwitsky's Dugout (Facebook)
Artrageous Designs (Facebook)
Keith Hughes Boxing and Fitness (Facebook)
Browse Myrtle's House (Facebook)
Ft. Bayou Wine and Spirits (fortbayouwines.com)
Sekul's Art Gallery (Facebook)
Tom's Extreme Pizzaria (tomsextremepizzaria.com)
SmokeScreen ECigarettes & Supplies (smokescreenllc.com)
Sky South Disc Golf (skysouth.com)
Cork n' Bottle Liquor and Wine
The Shed Barbeque and Blues Joint (thetshedbbq.com)
Basket Bully (Facebook)
Waveland DGA
February 22, 2012 09:21PM
Whats the Adv field looking like for this one, I just need to know who ill be whoopin up on.
February 23, 2012 07:18PM
Add to the sponsor's list:

Chester Harvey Reality (chesterharvey.com)
Prescript Fit Medical Nutrition Therapy (drdiet.com)
February 29, 2012 05:22PM
Is this still on?

Some folks were playing Shepard today and noticed the flyer was removed. Then they were told by park officials that the tournament was not going to happen cause the park was not secured (reserved & paid for) by anyone for that day.

Is that true?

If so, that bites. This is the nearest course to me & I was really looking forward to an easy to attend tournament.

More info please.
February 29, 2012 05:34PM
It is still going on. It was not handled properly by the Park Ranger. He had never had to handle a Tournament but everything has been worked out. It's on for sure!

Shane Hughes (228) 447-5902 or MCDGA@yahoo.com

President of MCDGA
10 Strong and growing!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 05:38PM by Shane.Hughes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013