Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

29th Annual Spring Fling It - April 14th

Posted by jcb 
Re: 29th Annual Spring Fling It - April 14th
April 11, 2012 07:42AM
Is there an address that can be typed into a GPS??
jcb
April 11, 2012 08:20AM
Coordinates for gps for Veterans Park: 34.812321, -87.629562
jcb
April 11, 2012 08:23AM
Dillon I am only answering questions that are being asked. You can keep the comments to yourself.
April 11, 2012 11:26AM
I guess I wasted my time at mcfarland yesterday practicing longs,oh well....it was good exercise though!

Roll Tide Roll!!!
April 11, 2012 01:33PM
Ohhhh he said that!
jcb
April 11, 2012 10:02PM
Sorry Deano I guess you must have not checked on here before you came down Tuesday cause I posted only Open will play longs at mcfarland around 8:00 Tuesday morning.
April 12, 2012 07:15AM
ya, i was already on the road when you posted that....

Roll Tide Roll!!!
April 12, 2012 08:14AM
DILLon PICKLE Tee Info is for pace of Play! Butt... that is expected from an infant in the Sport of DG...After 2 or 3 Decades of Golf, You MIGHT Get a clue!!!
April 12, 2012 08:59AM
Have to work saturday :(
April 12, 2012 09:27AM
Hate tours this one but gonna have to wish everyone good luck
April 12, 2012 04:25PM
both courses look amazing, thanks to james and jack and others for all the hard work.

Supposed to be perfect weather saturday, with a high of 81..

be there!

-will
April 12, 2012 04:37PM
when you coming down Barry?
jcb
April 13, 2012 08:01AM
I will be around at Veterans this afternoon if anyone wants to catch up with me to preregister. Should be there after lunch time.
jcb
April 13, 2012 08:03AM
Should have baskets on the temp holes by this afternoon for anyone wanting to practice them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2012 08:08AM by jcb.
jcb
April 13, 2012 08:10AM
will2003 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> both courses look amazing, thanks to james and
> jack and others for all the hard work.
>
> Supposed to be perfect weather saturday, with a
> high of 81..
>
> be there!

Have to also say that Drew Sockwell was a big part in all the hard work.
April 13, 2012 05:04PM
Hope to be out there in a little while...after the car gets home...and will be out there tomorrow to help!
jcb
April 13, 2012 09:17PM
After today there will be at least $250 added cash. I have a couple of really nice ctp prizes and lots of chum for ring of fire too.
April 14, 2012 07:25PM
I heard through the grapevine that Tyler Harbin won Open; Dean Tannock won Grandmaster; Chad Sweet won Advanced over his brother, Brad (who had an ace on #16 at Veterans and WAS in the ace pot): Adam Looney won Intermediate; Kevin Boatwright won Advanced Grandmaster and Kathy Johnson won Am Women. Not sure who won the other divisions.
Don't remember who it was, but there was an ace at McFarland Park, but the player was NOT in the ace pot.
I believe there were 76 players, which would be six more than last year's one-day event.
The weather was great and the courses were immaculate. Veterans had six new temporary holes.
Great work by James Burton, Jack White, Beth Corey and everyone else who helped out. I had to work :-(

rWc3523
April 14, 2012 08:17PM
Great tourney that you guys put on. It was my first time at these two courses and I was very impressed. Look forward to coming back at the next event.

Oh and just for future reference about discs sticking in the sides of the basket.

Summary of Rules Changes

Definitions of the basket and its components have been added to the Glossary so that we no longer have to use the phrase "entrapment section".

The definition of holing out has been tightened up a bit. A putt that sticks in the side of the tray, or hangs outside the tray from one of the nubs, no longer counts.

The hole has been completed once the disc has come to rest, not when the disc is removed.

[www.pdga.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 08:18PM by Goose41.
April 14, 2012 08:37PM
Did someone violate the rules or something? Or is that just the PDGA Fact of the Day?
April 15, 2012 08:34AM
This happened in my group. Majority ruled it good at the time, but we brought it to the TD and it was ruled good by him. Not a real big deal since we weren't in contention or anything. I just wanted to let people know in case it happened in the future. Just trying to inform people that may not know is all.
jcb
April 15, 2012 08:41PM
Well that is funny goose41 cause I was the td and have no clue as to what you are talking about. No one mentioned any issue like this to me.
April 15, 2012 09:11PM
Ok then I apologize. I was from out of town and assumed that the gentleman that handled registration and the players meeting was the TD.
jcb
April 16, 2012 08:02AM
That was me who did registration and the players meeting and I was the td I promise you this issue was never mentioned to me what so ever. Ya'll may have meant to bring it up but I assure you I was never aware.
jcb
April 16, 2012 08:22AM
I would like to say thanks to everyone who came out to play. Hope ya'll had a good time.I would also like to thank the following sponsors for there support for disc golf and this event: Kathy Johnson, Larry Lawson, Drew Sockwell, Bramlett Law Firm, Rick Roberson, Florence Park and Rec, Kyle Boatwright, Maxx Optical, Tilley hats, Leading Edge Disc Golf, James Burton, Jack White, Bill McCarty, and Sharri Boatwright. Also to Sky South for supplying me with prizes once again.Thanks to Beth Corey for helping with registration and scorecards, to my wife Lisa for doing whatever I needed her to, and Chris Suggs for running the ring of fire. Thanks to Bill McCarty for some awesome plaques.
Can't say enough thanks to Jack White and Drew Sockwell for helping me with everything they done. The courses looked awesome mostly because of these guys and they made my job a lot easier. Thanks to anyone else that may have helped that I forgot to mention.
Will have the results done soon. About to start working on them.

James Burton
DJ
April 16, 2012 11:20AM
And thanks to James for running the tourney.
April 16, 2012 04:58PM
[www.sndg.org]

Results are on the site....I added $10 for those that got plaques in the payout/prizes. Any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org. Thanks to James Burton for getting the results in so quickly. It is appreciated!!

JOhn k
April 16, 2012 08:50PM
Thanks to everybody involved with the event, i dont think i have ever seen 2 courses look as good as ours did for any event.. and this was only a 1 day tourney..

To those who complain about the baskets: They are not perfect, but we all play on the same baskets.....

-will
April 18, 2012 08:13AM
Oh Well!!! Bust Mutts to put on a Nice Show...and this is ALL the Chatter...that not right!!!
April 20, 2012 12:52PM
Jack, I agree, but it's probably because most of the people who attended the tournament don't come here.

I hated I could not play. The courses looked better than they have in a long, long time. You and James and whoever else helped out did a great job.

rWc3523
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

cox3 , DJ , RTG
Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013