Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Southside Throw Down at the Boge - 11 march 2012

Posted by southside 
Southside Throw Down at the Boge - 11 march 2012
February 06, 2012 05:38PM
As usual, we'll be charging $22 for all divisions. SNDG qualifier, two rounds. Sign up 7am - 9am. Players meeting 9am - 9:20am. Tee off at 9:35am. Come on out and play the course. Camp out, have fun and play some golf. We had 64 players last time. Come get your points. See ya there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 06:25PM by John K.
Re: Southside Throw Down at the Boge
February 06, 2012 06:27PM
date?

BMB
February 06, 2012 07:08PM
B hole, it's either the 3rd or 10 th. Not positive. I will check with Bo and mike. This is another smackdown Fundraiser . We have never ran a tourny at chicksabouge. I know we can draw a big crowd out there so spread the word.

Phillip/ Southside
Anonymous User
February 06, 2012 07:34PM
I would do it on the 3rd so we can watch Tony pop another vein. What's wrong with Sundays man?
February 06, 2012 08:10PM
the 3rd and I will come also!

February 06, 2012 08:31PM
Date March 10 th hope you make it.
February 06, 2012 09:08PM
Sorry guys can't do the 10th.....Maybe next time.

February 06, 2012 10:21PM
How is this going to be a SN qualifier? There is a SN tourney in Gautier that day.
Anonymous User
February 07, 2012 06:29AM
SN Rules are made to be broken?
February 07, 2012 06:48AM
The date is still being discussed via pm's. Up through the smackdowns date of 21 March there aren't any Saturdays available that doesn't have an SN tournament either in Mobile or within 150 miles of Mobile. 14 March is available one week prior to the Smackdown but that is also the weekend of the SN Cup in Hattiesburg. If Saturday is desired the dates with the furthest tournaments away are 3 March, Tony's tournament (Columbia, MS - 123 miles away) or Mike's tournament (New Orleans - 143 miles away). In either case they would need Tony or Mikes permission since it falls within the 150 radius of 1-day event. As has been suggested above I would recommend a Sunday date........only the weekend of the COM, 24 March, has a 2-day tournament.

JOhn k
February 07, 2012 07:32AM
There is actually a rule that there can't be more than one SN tourney on the same day!?????

BOOM! pdga# 41853
February 07, 2012 07:58AM
Within 150 miles of each other, yes. If they are farther than 150 miles then no problem, otherwise permission is needed from the TD.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
February 07, 2012 08:11AM
the way it looks to me you only have the 17th of march. city park in new orleans is 148 miles missed it by 2 miles but Lafreniere Park is 156 miles. Propst Park columbus ms you have by a long shot at 219 miles. or you could go with the 14th of april.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 08:19AM by ransomjones.
February 07, 2012 03:47PM
Bo, how hard was it for you to check the schedule? We will not be intruding on any of those tournaments. We may look at a Sunday date. I'm sure there will be a decision made soon.

Mike Martin
February 07, 2012 06:51PM
Tournament is going to be held on Sunday, March 11th. Sorry I looked at the schedule and I didn't realize the other tournaments were anywhere near us. Never been to either one of them and don't know where they are. This is a southern nationals qualifier. Please list it on the schedule. Hope I didn't inconvenience anyone. Don't take this the wrong way, the 150 mile rule may have made since when gas was $1.50 a gallon. But now gas is $3.45. You're not going to miss out on anybody coming to your tournament because nobody travels when you don't have incentive for people to travel with extras like cash or stuff to win. All you're going to get is your local crowd for these type tournaments. And now because of your 150 mile rule, southern nationals is missing out on money you could have for your championships. Hope you all come out Sunday and play golf.
February 07, 2012 06:59PM
What a jerk

BMB
February 07, 2012 07:36PM
It's been added to the SN schedule....thanks!!

JOhn k
February 08, 2012 03:20AM
southside Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Don't take this
> the wrong way, the 150 mile rule may have made
> since when gas was $1.50 a gallon. But now gas is
> $3.45. You're not going to miss out on anybody
> coming to your tournament because nobody travels
> when you don't have incentive for people to travel
> with extras like cash or stuff to win. All you're
> going to get is your local crowd for these type
> tournaments.

Really..... I guess all the people who drove from Baton Rouge and Hburg to the Winter Bowl did it for all the added payouts. Or the times I went to FWB was because I knew I was coming home with huge amount a winnings. Yep that must have been the reason......

Sorry I'm just having trouble not taking that the wrong way
February 08, 2012 05:14AM
Eric this is not the winter bowl. It's a small Fundraiser . We will probably not get alot of out of towners anyway. He is also right about traveling. It's harder now days to travel to a different tourny every weekend. Plus there are more tourny being thrown now than it used to be. Sorry if we made the road warriors upset. He said don't take it the wrong way. Geez !

Phillip/ southside
February 08, 2012 07:13AM
The problem as I see it with having a tournament on the same day as another tournament that is within reasonable dirving distance to another tournament isn't the number of people wo travel coming to your tournament it's that the people in your area not traveling to the other tournament. This doesn't apply to every disc gofl location, however, if you take a plae like Hattiesburg (for example) we have about 30 disc golfers on average so to make the tournament a bigger tournament we depend on people to travel to our area. But for a place like Mobile or Memphis that has over 100 discgolfers then it doesn't affect you as much.

If you want a perfect example you can simply go back to the sn cup fundraiser Tony just had and see that his attendance suffered greatly because there was another tournament on that day for locals in Mobile to choose to go to. I know that the tourmanent in Mobile that day most likely didn't bring many if any people in from other areas but it did keep some from traveling.
February 08, 2012 07:48AM
One thing to think about now days is when using a 18 hole course it will fill up most likely , Jackson and Mobile have hold tournaments on the same day and both get great turn outs. Be sure to check the year before results so you do not take some one date who has not posted it yet. It happen even to me when Kernan took my last Saturday in June date , Jackson move up a week so we would not be on the same weekend.. Please check the past results from the year before it will keep from a lot of hard feeling. Sundays might be the way to go in the future.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
Anonymous User
February 08, 2012 10:31AM
That's funny Jim, we didn't hear a peep from you when Shane took the Pot of Gold's date.

And I offered to work with you but apparently you prefer whining LoL
February 08, 2012 06:03PM
Ok guys I get all your concerns about the 150 mile rule. If we could, let's just talk about our up coming tournament on this thread. Southside works hard to put on quality southern nationals events. Hope you all come out and play. Everybody love the Boge. Will be doing skittles, raffles, and lots of fun.
February 08, 2012 06:16PM
See you in Hattiesburg Kerndog. Mike Kernan you must be off today to post while working at the US post office. Yell southside if you need anything. Please support Southside great group of DISC GOLFERS.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
Anonymous User
February 08, 2012 06:30PM
What, I'm not allowed to take a day off Jimmy O? I'm sorry I promise I will work a couple days next week boss.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Southside thread...

February 08, 2012 08:24PM
SOUTHSIDE ROCKS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So does Mobile!
February 09, 2012 01:20PM
We need to have a meeting Southside before anything gets posted here. Mite cut down on the confusion. I didn't even know we was doing another tournament before the Smackdown. And why chickasabouge? Its to far from our houses, they charge a dollar EVERYtime u come in the gate. Cottege hill is centrally located for all southside members. And my birthday is that weekend. So if we do it March 11 yall all have to buy me a present. And Bo if ur gonna post please let us all know who is doing the posting. Sign ur name.

BIG NASTI
ROLL TIDE MIKE KENNON, ROLL TIDE.
February 09, 2012 07:34PM
Chad, don't get your BIG NASTY panties in bunch!! Southside and Boge sounds like a match made in heaven!!!

War Eagle!!
February 12, 2012 08:39PM
Phone calls have been made, private messages have been sent, and Chad's BIG NASTY panties were pulled out of a bunch. Believe me Southside is all one the same page now. I guess I'm the only one that saw that Tony's tournament was non sanctioned and we could of had our tournament on that day. So before the forum police go policing every post that someone makes, check the facts boys. Tournament will be held on the 11th. This is the weekend of daylight savings so it should make for a nice day of disc golf. This will be a quality event. As we always try to put our best foot forward when throwing a tournament for Southern Nationals players. Help us make this the best SmackDown ever.
February 14, 2012 04:41AM
Really a Tournament the Day after the one I have had scheduled for 3 months now....? There is not enough Disc Golfers that have the time or can afford at that matter to travel and play 2 days in a row in the same area. This is a bit silly. I have been playing tournaments for almost a year now and cant remember ever seeing a tournament on a Sunday following any tournament in the same area. You might as well hold the Tournament on March 10th, its the same thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013