Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2012 Pot of Gold New Orleans & Metairie Saturday March 17

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: 2012 Pot of Gold New Orleans & Metairie Saturday March 17
March 21, 2012 11:36PM
Mike & volunteers, what a stellar job on the tourney! The courses ROCKED! Jen and I LOVED playing from the long tees and being on the same course as the pro men. I hope more TD's follow your example. As a pro woman I expect to play long tees and play with the other pro division but I find I often have to request it in order for it to happen. Thanks for all your hard work. Jen & I are going to make the POG our annual escape! I'm SO happy we went!
Lizz Acosta-Pearson
PDGA 12217
WDGA 87
March 22, 2012 12:59AM
had a good time even though i didnt play bluff did a great job and was amazed on how smooth it went for the amount of people!

March 22, 2012 12:06PM
Bluff, I was fortunate enough to win a pink flake destroyer so the green one will definately be on the wall!! Think I might test the pink one this weekend at the Mobile Championships...... Anybody from N.O. going to come see if they can take down the local Mobilians??????
I wish I could but I am stuck working on Saturdays for a while. Hopefully someone from NO will deliver Mobile a beatdown.
March 22, 2012 01:57PM
Good luck with that one. Is Mattie claiming to be from New Orleans or Mobile this week?
March 22, 2012 03:43PM
Lost a la state stamped clear yellow boss at city park on hole 13 I think. Throw over corner of lake. Never turned over.

Terry Zeringue
How about some more feedback from the players, this time on the subject of the extra six holes at City Park? I never did hear how the players fared on many of those holes. Would they be a good addition to future events at City Park?
March 22, 2012 09:04PM
I loved the 6 extra holes. They were great. The one across the water (#22) was a lot of fun to play and also fun to watch others play.
March 22, 2012 09:12PM
the 6 for the pro course was fun........so much fun I am thinking of changing my name to "nickle". It would be so much easier when taking score.....

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 22, 2012 10:14PM
the temp 6 were all great golf holes. each fairway had different options from tee box to basket, which i like to see personally. i think hole 20 needed a mando tree on the right side of the fairway. it was too easy to drive across the water onto the hole 21 fairway, and that made us throw shots into the group ahead...

-cal
March 23, 2012 06:33AM
The extra 6 AM holes were great!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 23, 2012 07:05AM
At Laf, there will ALWAYS be people traffic all over that park and course, but but I thought the setup was the best so far at eliminating the pedestrians in the way. A few holes still have more problems, but can't expect all holes to be perfect. One opinion though, kids love to play on hills and baskets are currently on top or on the side of every mound, and I believe those were he most problematic holes. Maybe use only two of the mounds? I don't know if it'll help a lot, just an idea.

City Park, love the temp holes, mixture of long and short, high and low ceilings, water and road. Just make sure all water shots arent on right side of fairway so it's an righty hyzer away from water, but I really enjoyed to type of holes they were.

As. For as the tournament. GREAT. Had a blast. Haven't played a tournament since last summer in fort Walton and this was the perfect tournament to get back into it. There was a few problems I saw, but will not say it on the forum as these problems aren't big enough to have a negative sound on a fantastic tournament. Lunch was GREAT, the volunteers N.O. has is outstanding. I know Bluff is the mastermind, but these volunteers are what brings this tournament to the greastest heights. I liked the two pools having two awards, normally I wouldn't, but I also never been to one that had it, and it worked out great. I got to see many friends I haven't seen in a while, and got out of N.O. at a good time even after playing 48 holes, having over a hour lunch, and goofing around after tournament.

Since I dont play disc golf much at all anymore, my goal was to come in top 50% in adv, and I easily did that. First two holes of tournament I had a 4 and circle 5, last two holes of tournament I had a circle 5 and a 4, so I could have done better, but am still happy. The people in my group were great to play a round with, thank y'all.

Once again, thank you Mike and a big thank you to all the volunteers.

Terry Zeringue
March 23, 2012 09:47AM
One thing to think about is setting up 21 holes or i8 at laff and either 2- 18 at city or one 18 and a nine . Great event but 24 holes is a lot of holes. Food was great as it is always. This event has become a great event to come to, it will only grow. Thanks again for letting sky south set up.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
March 23, 2012 11:17AM
I played terrible but had a GREAT time.Congrats to the winners, especially ZACH AND MR. MCVEAY. I took a beat down i won't soon forget.WTG!!! N.O. TEAM

BMB
March 23, 2012 11:33AM
Pro Hole 20 was epic. I had a good layup drive and wish I could've 3ed that beast, but my upshot drive was way too safe.
Pro 22 was pretty interesting, my upshot drive just got under some branches and landed on the sidewalk OB close to the basket for an easy circle 4.
I thought all the added holes were nice and would love to see them added to the mix @ City Park.

Remember : You gotta throw in N.O. - cause the grass is fo show, ya know?

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
March 23, 2012 01:04PM
LOL, the grass was like a shag carpet. 24 holes for made for a LLOONNGG day ( I believe it was close to 4 hours for the first round ). 2nd round went much quicker even with 24 holes ( but I believe that was because we played the regular Tees at Laf. Park. Playing the regular, shorter, tees made for a much quicker round and much more enjoyable. I still think only the pro divisions should have been playing the longer Pro Tees at City Park.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
Yeah, it was definitely a long day. We kinda aim to squeeze a two day tournament into one day. If we went with only 18 holes per round almost every group would have 6 players...maybe that would be better though?
March 23, 2012 09:14PM
mikey maybe just have some div. go 18 novice, ams, gr. masters, etc, etc.
Dex
March 23, 2012 10:28PM
Put Blue tees out for the newer divisions

and Grand Master s should play the long tees

Dex
March 24, 2012 09:15PM
I enjoyed the 24 at city park, was sad to see the round end, was wanting more which tell me that it is a great park

Terry Zeringue
Dex
March 26, 2012 07:13AM
I have to agree with you Zinger

City Park is awesome, and so is Laf. I enjoy seeing all the people at the park

Great Job NOTeam!!!

Dex
HB1
March 26, 2012 03:11PM
I thought the setup was perfect, but would have preferred a 47 hole tournament (that 48th hole cost me a first place finish, lol).

Seriously though, everything was great IMO. Not too much pedestrian traffic, a very challenging but fair layout, and good food, drink, and company. Plus 48 holes for only $32. That's only .67 cents per hole. Not many tourney's that can give you that good of a deal!
The Vibram Open says that Logan Weiss and Matt Orum have a week left to register for the VO.

I haven't been able to talk with either one of them, the VO says they left messages for them. If any of you knows how to contact Logan or Matt please tell them there is a short deadline to register for the VO. I thought maybe they were going to extend the deadline to 30 days but I haven't gotten a definite answer on that yet either. So pass along the message if you would, I'd hate for them to miss the VO because I forgot to hand them their letters at the awards.
March 28, 2012 07:56AM
The extra holes at City Park were AWESOME! As a matter of fact, I liked them much better than many of the regular 18 holes. Maybe you could keep the extra holes and get rid of #11, 18 and the one by the baseball field. It's not because I didn't do well on those holes. I made a double circle 6 on hole 1 and I still think it's a good one. I just think the extra holes were better.
March 28, 2012 10:37AM
Are there any POG crystal buzzz's left for purchase? If so please contact me at thejoshuap2121@gmail.com. Don't care about price.

Josh "The Saintuation" Price - DFL Extraordinaire

Public Relations for JUDGES
Joe has some Buzzzzzes left.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013