Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
In keeping with the Pot of Gold tradition, we raised a little $ for charity. We added $1,000 to the pro divisions and after that there was just enough left over to donate the new trees we planted at Lafreniere Park on Hole 6.
Re: 2012 Pot of Gold New Orleans & Metairie Saturday March 17
March 19, 2012 08:06AM
Wow, what a tournament! 48 holes of disc golf, T-shirts for all AMs, free food and lots of prizes all for $32? Excellent!!!!!!!! Good job, Mikey and friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy Norman
March 19, 2012 09:20AM
Thank you guys for hosting a great tournament. All of the JUDGES really enjoyed it. I even managed to not DFL, so that's a great reason to celebrate and an even better excuse to come back!!

Here's a little shout out to my City Park round 2 brothers who participated in Pot Of Gold's Next Best Dance Crew.

TURN UP THE MUSIC

Josh "The Saintuation" Price - DFL Extraordinaire

Public Relations for JUDGES

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2012 09:30AM by ThePuttisher.
March 19, 2012 09:24AM
Great job Mike & NOTeam, a FULL day of disc golf with the best people AND a fun night in the French Quarter, followed by even more disc golf sunday morning... I had a BLAST and ya'll put on one heckofva event... THANK YOU VERY MUCH...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
HB1
March 19, 2012 10:26AM
A big thanks to everyone that put time, effort, and money into this event. It was INCREDIBLE!!

A big thanks to all the guys in my groups Saturday, you made the day much better.

And a special big, BIG THANKS to Mikey. Well done sir, well done!
Dex
March 19, 2012 10:38AM
Had a Blast!!!!!

even forgot to collect my bet money after city park

Food was, as always fantastic, that Big Brown family has got it going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Dex
March 19, 2012 10:41AM
Well let me chime in too. Great job Mikey, Big Brown (eye), and NO Team. My favorite event each year, and it didn't hurt that I played well also. You guys always remember the details.The courses were in great shape and I enjoyed the changes. I appologize for the small turnout from the hub city but we'll do better at recruiting next year. If we could only have known abouit the free beer in advance, we could have filled a charter bus. Sorry I missed hanging out with Shark and some of the Open and Advanced players but thats the logistics of planning for over 200 people.

I finish by quoting the inventor of this great game Mr. Ed Headrick "The Most Fun Wins". Obviously NO Tean subscribes to this belief.
Until Next Time,
Disc Daddy Dale
March 19, 2012 02:08PM
We had a great time, will definitely be back and hope to drag along more peeps from the FL Panhandle!!! Well organized event! Very generous payouts considering the women's field has a low number of players- it is very much appreciated! Look forward to coming back to NOLA!!!! Extend a warm thanks to all who volunteered!!!
March 19, 2012 07:05PM
Do you have any plastic with the pog stamp on them left to sell??? Interested in getting a few if you got what I'm looking for
well what are you looking for? it's kinda slim pickens. Got some Glow Nukes($16) and Crystal Buzzzs($18) and a few lighter Destroyers(Glitter $16, Star$15), a few DX Rocs($8), a couple KC Rocs($10). Maybe one or two of the other models.
March 19, 2012 08:55PM
The Pot of Gold continues to set the standard.

The temp holes at City Park were quintessential New Orleans beauty.

Great job Mike and NOTeam. Sorry to see you get in a wreck, but at least your deductible for 2012 is covered now - LOL.
March 19, 2012 09:30PM
I enjoyed the Pot Of Gold, well run tournament. Would have enjoyed it even more if us "Amateur" Advanced Masters had played City Park from regular tees ( played City Park Sunday casual from regular tees ). Seeing that everyone that had to play City Park 1st round had to play PRO tees was a bit overwhelming ( Grandmasters, Senior Grandmasters ( to include women), etc.). Some of the temp holes were brutal on us short arms as well as some of the regular holes played from the longer tees. This did not take away from me having a great time overall and enjoying the company and catching up with some friends ( Raymond Elledge & Marvin Mcvay just to name a few ). Kernan, I did get to see you move that park bench and create that new Kernan Rule for City Park, so that was worth the price of admission ( seriously I hope it wasn't too bad on the car buddy ).

Overall I had a great time, enjoyed the french quarter Saturday night. thought the courses were great overall and enjoyed my stay in New Orleans.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
March 19, 2012 10:10PM
What's the weight on the destroyers both glitter and star buzz an kc roc
March 20, 2012 12:03AM
[www.sndg.org]

Results are on the site, any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org

JOhn k
Peckston the destroyers are all between 166-169. I have one KC Roc left it is 180.
March 20, 2012 10:44AM
Mikey, very well ran tourny! Had a blast playing with Bernie Sawyer, akeem, and ricky martin the first round, and jamie and casey the second. Wish i couldeve played a lil better the first round but had a blast! Will be back next year even though im not a fan of the baskets! Jambalaya was off the chain!
March 20, 2012 10:51AM
Peckston i have a couple Pog stamps available as well.

the crystal buzzes are all 173-178g
Glow sidewinder 170g
yellow Star Beast 172g
2 Glow Bosses 172g, 175g
orange metal flake destroyer 175g
2 champion vulcans 171g, 175g

let me know if you are interested in anything, i'll be in Mobile this weekend
March 20, 2012 10:53AM
Awesome tourney! Good job Mike and NOTeam!
I'm glad the Intermediate division had the chance to play City Park this year. I had a blast! Congrats to Keith O. for wiping the floor with all of us. Move up!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Would anyone like to provide some feedback on the level of pedestrian interference at Lafreniere Park?

We were hoping that the new layout would reduce it compared to last year.

Still haven't found Kyle Parker to send him his USDGC Roc...anyone know him?
March 20, 2012 07:20PM
Lot's of kids playing on the hill right beside one of the baskets ( not sure of hole # ) but my group had to yell at them ( a couple of them were hanging on the basket itself ) when we were playing it and we also yelled at them again when another group ( I believe pros ) were on that particular hole. Another hole we had a gentleman with a soccer ball in the fairway and he was unable to hear us due to Ipod and earbuds. Another hole three young kids crossed caution tape as we were attempting to putt on another hole ( again I am not sure of any hole #'s ), we has to ask them to stop while we putted out. There was a lot of non disc golf traffic in the park that interfered with many of the holes, but I assume that is something that will happen on such a nice weekend.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
March 20, 2012 09:17PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Still haven't found Kyle Parker to send him his
> USDGC Roc...anyone know him?

I don't know him but I will offer him some serious $$$ for that sweet disc. :)
March 20, 2012 10:44PM
Same here. It would look good on the wall. Let's make a trade. What do you throw Kernan?
March 21, 2012 06:45AM
If anybody goes swimming near hole 1 at Lafreniere, I lost an orange Gold Line Vision in the water.
I also lost a red Gold Line Havoc behind temp hole 21 at City Park. I sent it into the water about where the hanging limbs are touching the water. I don't expect to get that one back :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2012 06:46AM by jtolbert.
March 21, 2012 08:50AM
The amount of pedestrian traffic was much reduced compared with last year. However, I think it would be a wise decision to have a tournament volunteer to run traffic control on baskets/tee boxes near the pavilion (can't remember the hole #, but it was the second hole on a hill).
March 21, 2012 09:22AM
yes Hole 2 had way too many children on that hill next to the waterfall, it did affect my game cause i was afraid to hit them.
March 21, 2012 09:33AM
Lost a KC Pro Eagle on hole 1 at city park, left side of the water towards hole 2, if anyone is going swimming

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
March 21, 2012 10:16AM
Well I'm back at work and thinking about the GREAT weekend we had joining you guys for the POG!!

WHat a Hoot!! Thanks first off to Steve and Connie Swiler and sons!! - whose tradition of hospitality makes our trek possible - Allen and myself thank you guys!

To Kernan - Well Played Man!!
To NO Krew - you guys ROC!!

To City Park - got ya last year - thanks for beating me down with a smile on my face!!
To Laf - SSDD Baby - where's your wind?????

TO the Krew that joined Allen, Matt O and I at Pat O's Saturday Night - Great Pics and Great Times!! Look us up on courses near you!!! WHat a great time to party with that Krew!! All smiles and intelligent conversation!! ; )

To Brooks Newell - thanks for running down Bakewell on the scoresheet - DESPITE HIS BOLD-FACED DENIAL - you BEAT HIM sir!!

Peace, Love and ACES to All!! The POG is definitely one I will always try to make!!
Next year will be #7!!!!! Griff
March 21, 2012 12:29PM
Kyle Parker - 205 Seminole St. Mobile, AL 36606

Kernan, thanks again for the destroyer and the ride!
Great tourney NO team!
Ha ha Outlaw that was funny. We are pretty sure Kyle Parker lives in Mississippi though! Maybe Slidell?
And ya better put that destroyer on your wall and don't throw it! That was the only green & gold one to be had.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013