Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012

Posted by Joey Ingle 
2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
February 29, 2012 10:48PM
Saturday, March 24, 2012

Aggieland Disc Golf Course in Hamilton, AL

Two Rounds of 18 Holes (SN Qualifier)

Trophy and Prize Only Tournament

$30 Entry Fee All Divisions

Players Meeting: 9:30 am

Free T-shirts (size first come first serve)

Everyone will have a chance to win a Innova DisCatcher Traveler Basket

$5 Lunch

$25 Hole Sponsorships available

Tournament Directors:
Matt McCracken (205) 495-3450
Patrick Fleming (205) 495-5171
Coby Wigington (205) 495-5892
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 04, 2012 05:19PM
Bumping this back to page 1.
March 06, 2012 09:24AM
me and my fiance will be there
March 07, 2012 08:47AM
They moved just about every basket back 30 feet and made them par 4. just wondering how the tournament will play them. Im not the best by far and i shot 14 down yesterday. I had a couple bad drives that were nowhere near the old pins and still had a VERY easy birdie bc of the par 4. I would estimate the distance on some from 300-400. In my mind thats not a par 4. Just wanting a heads up for the tournament
March 07, 2012 09:15AM
a lot of courses make the signs say par 4 so newer players do not get discouraged
March 07, 2012 09:31AM
ive thrown the course since the day it was put in. The park and rec guy said he was in the process of moving every basket and making them par 4. All the locals are playing it as par four now. Just wanted a heads up before the day of the tournament. they still have the old placements if thats an option on moving back for the tournament. OR leave them and keep it a par 3. BUT from what ive been told they are planning on having it a par 4 for whatever reason. The signs are still the same. They are gonna get new signs and will have par four on them. In my opinion its like going to lake lowdnes and making it a par four. Go see for yourself. I wish i was joking.
March 07, 2012 09:39AM
Since I am helping with this tournament and hosting one in May I will check with the local officials, I have not been to Hamilton to check out the new pin positions. Could be they made them "A" and "B" positions for local play??

Joey
March 07, 2012 10:03AM
Thats all im asking. Just want the heads up before the morning of. Thanks!
March 09, 2012 08:29PM
Plan on making this one be playing open great cause!!!!!! Playing all par three correct
March 11, 2012 10:20AM
Par : the # of Drives an avg player in Your Field would take to get within TWO close range THROWS!
Heard about this the other day. What an idiot. Tell the guy to get on this forum so he can get educated. There was nothing wrong with this course before and was easily in my top 10 favorite but you get some short arm Rec player over the Rec club who shoots over par so he gets the bright idea to move the baskets back 30 feet and call it a par 4 course. I've never in my life heard of a par 4 disc golf course, this isn't ball golf.

Tell him to come over to Tupelo and play Tombigbee2 and Trace Gold and he can learn the definition of par! #superlame
March 11, 2012 08:13PM
Some of the locals want to keep it par 3, and some locals want it changed to par 4. In my opinion it needs to stay par 3 with "A" and "B" pin positions. Rotate the baskets every month or every other month. It's a great course if they leave the par alone.
I to think the local authorities need to go play more courses, listen to the players who do play in tournaments, get some input from the designer of the course, get some professional disc golf input and consider building a smaller "fun course" for the novice/rec/beginner player to better suit their game or even build a third set of tee pads.
Maybe some pro disc golfers will play this course and give their opinion to the local authorities before they spend money on new signage.

Joey
March 11, 2012 09:11PM
No such thing as par 4 in that park regardless of where the baskets get moved.
March 12, 2012 08:37AM
I agree. They only want it par four bc it makes there score look better. I had several holes where I would have a horrible drive and still be under the basket after my second shot for an easy birdie. I have played it three times in current location and have yet to not birdie or eagle 13-18. Good round the other day and shot 14 down. Bad round the next day and still shot 6 down. From now on Im playing them as par 3. You have to come see for yourself but he literally moved the baskets maybe 30-50 feet back and maybe over to the side. He got defensive the other day and said he did it because he wanted to and it makes you have to work to get it there. I calmly said no, it means I can throw a driver instead of a putter on some holes now. As you can tell im slightly frustrated with it but, you can not tell this guy anything. He has been playing for one year and only on this course but in his mind he knows everything. I actually heard him say he wanted to put a new course in somewhere else and have par 6 and 8's. i imagine the distance on them will be 400 feet. My favorite is hole 13. Barely flick a driver around a corner downhill and you will be right under the basket for eagle.
March 12, 2012 09:30AM
he can design the course and mark it off as what ever par he wants....it is the TD's oppinion that matters at the tourney.....most of wall doxey is all par 4s according to the Tee signs
March 12, 2012 10:09AM
Dustin is right. The jungle, the easier of the two courses at wall doxey has multiple par 4's and 5's. It only matters who shoots the lowest amount of throws in the end.
March 12, 2012 12:29PM
I played there since they've been moved now and it's no where near a par four I shot 4 down playing all as par threes it's a little more difficult but it's a lot better in my opinion. If you are a decent player like Dillion Cody r or Robby or anyone that's plays alot like myself its def a par 3 course still
Actually it does matter, he moved the baskets from perfectly good locations to make it "harder" to get there so it will affect the scoring spread. If he moved the baskets enough to "just out of reach" and make it an easy lay up birdie (3) then it will be boring. Wall Doxey signs do have par 4/5 on some but that's Rec par, that course has been there for a while and no one is telling everyone to play them as anything besides 3 like this guy is. Not to mention he's wasting the cities money on new tee signs and crappy new basket positions when that money could of been used for concreting pro tees or improving this great course.

Tell him to get on the SN forum, we can make a par 4 course thread just for him in honor of his lack of course design.
March 12, 2012 07:00PM
You can reach most of the baskets in three shots easy if you want par 4 go play trace gold that's a par 4 and 5 course
March 13, 2012 09:40AM
It's up to the "Course Pro" as to what par is set and then the TD to follow or Blow off!
March 13, 2012 10:37PM
Listen carefully because this will not happen often. But I agree with Dillon on this one.

Holes set up in distance and technical value to be good par 3's for the most part become mundane holes is moved "only" 30-50 feet longer and call par 4's. For instance, we have all played short holes under 200 feet that for some reason play as difficult as a hole 100 feet longer. But that same hole moved back with only the distance being a factor becomes a poor par 4.

Now take some of the same holes at Hamilton in the 280-330 range, all par 3's that take quality shots to score a deuce and add 30-80 feet in distance but no other factors and they become fairway shots and then layups to score easy birdies. Yes we all play the same holes and the same distance but you are not rewarded the same if the holes were all par 3's. Besides all holes should not be birdie holes, a well earned par is important also on anyone's scorecard.

Another hole I will give for an example is I believe #17 Spring Creek Wall Doxey, I for one have never and likely will not ever make a deuce on this hole but a par goes along way in helping my scorecard because I know that it is likely that a 3 will be the best ANYONE does on that hole. You make that a par four and I for one change the way I play it. Oh I will par it nearly every time because I will play safer to make par, but as it plays now I have to cut off more to make a three possible or at least easier.

Now before I or anyone else goes too extreme on this, I think its only fair to hold back judgement on what has been done to Aggie and it may be an improvement. But based on what I have read so far it appears to not be the case. I have played this course only twice but was much impressed with the original layout. I hope to make it and if we play par 4's or 3's so be it.
March 14, 2012 07:08AM
The way i look at it.....as long as he is helping grow the sport...let him do it how he wants.
The way I see it is... He's wasting money on unneeded stuff that could be put to good use to help the course and he's trying to water down the game to help improve his score, wouldn't really call that growing the sport, just his ego.
March 14, 2012 08:12AM
He is not helping. Every local there complains about him. A kid was throwing the other day and a park and rec guy was by the basket and give him the go ahead to throw. Well, when the guy threw a flick shot to the left his shot hit a tree and went across to the right and hit a woman that was watching. The rec guy went to the park and rec guy that everybody is complaining about and told him what happened. He then got in his car and drove down to the course and told the boy he was gonna get him suspended from ever playing Hamilton again. He actually went to the mayor and told him and got the boy a warning. Im sorry but thats taking it too far. It was an accident!!! On my final note, be carceful out there while throwing. Every basket has been moved closer to other teepads and so on. My drive on 15 went staright across the pro pad for 16. A guy almost got hit putting on 14 bc of a guys shot on 17. He is wanting to move the basket on 10 literally 10 feet from 12s teepad.
March 14, 2012 01:28PM
The kid branding was talking about was branding, and that was the eighth person he has hit with a disc. Branding quit throwing at people.
March 14, 2012 02:38PM
Haha I have only hit one person. And yall give me the go ahead and then said I cant believe he threw that. I could throw that shot again 100 times and wouldnt curve around that tree and hit her. Im blaming it on you. You gonna make the hamilton tournament?
Tell this guy to get on this forum so he can get blasted by Bluff.
jcb
March 14, 2012 10:25PM
There were already some issues with some of the tee locations. Some of them you would be getting thrown at by people on the hole before.. I can't imagine it now. Wish he would have asked for a little input from people who have some course design experience. That is such a great piece of property and although the I have enjoyed playing there I feel it could have been used much better. Throwing all around that walking trail is just unsafe and everytime I have been there are plenty of people walking.
March 14, 2012 10:45PM
I will be traveling to Hamilton this week and will discuss all concerns with the local authorities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 10:45PM by Joey Ingle.
March 15, 2012 08:49PM
There is several of us going to play Sunday at 12 if anyone wants to join us might do some dubs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013