Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012

Posted by Joey Ingle 
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 01:49PM
The only thing (in my oppinion) is saying that you was not going to come back there was wrong....what was wrong with the layout in your eyes? par 4 or par 3, you still would have had the same amount of strokes...



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 01:49PM by dustin morris.
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 01:55PM
And if there was complaining bout booneville i know who so ok
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 02:19PM
And dustin i said if its for a good cause i wouldnt be playing there they had a great course why change to all par4 but thats just like new albanys course there is some things i like about it some things i dont
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 02:23PM
....par doesn't matter... i shot a 48 and a 69.....if par is the only reason you dislike this course then that is not a reason in my oppinion....
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 02:26PM
I didnt say that was the reason but in my opinion that im not suppose to give is why not have left some of the baskets in short and part in long have par3 and par4 mixed
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 02:29PM
But im in the wrong here so im not sayin nuthin more on the topic of this course
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 02:31PM
well when you play trace gold, lake lowndes gold, or uah platnum....please argue this same point because hamilton is not the only one that has all their baskets moved back or all in close positions.
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:05PM
Cause those courses have REAL 4 shot holes not gimmicks. Do you really think hole 4 is a true test of a par 4, its a gimmick. A u-turn hole you can throw putter, putter. I do not give a crap about what is par 4 or 3 what I do care is WHY did every hole have to be changed, I have heard it made it harder but no one shot under par from the old pro pads in any of the last three tournaments, not just last year. We call them par 4's so ams dont get discouraged. What was wrong with the old layout and play am pads could they not learn there or did you throw in an extra stoke so they could practice 60-80 ft layups? Trace Gold was set up with a pro setup in mind, it was not just add a little length, a lot of thought went into the design. Different pads and pins, some completely different fairways. Like I said a lot of thought went into Trace and it was not the brainchild of one or two individuals. The Hamilton course is NOT even close to what was done at Trace or Lake Lowdes.

As far as jumping on Lone Wolf his opinion is his and he is entitled to it, you do not have to agree. I do not agree with him all the time and I know I am not right all the time, yet I am still entitled to voice it in a reasonable manner, but some seem to think they are the law on SNDG and heaven help is you do not think the same way. Last I read this is a forum and not the Church of Scientology.
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:12PM
that u turn is an impossible 2...i think it is legit par 4....i chained out for 3 and was still happy with my score on that hole because the others on my card was getting like 5's and 6's . I think a lot of people need to travel more and realize that there is more than just duece or die courses....the old hamilton is just wat everyone in mississippi is used to....
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:13PM
All I would ask is take a look at this weekends scorecards hole by hole. It does not take a genius to realize which holes are really average holes. I mean if everyone is getting pretty much the same score then it proves the hole has no merit. A hole that yields 3's 90% of the time with only a scattering or 2's and a few 4's and you have a boring hole I dont care what par you call it or how long you make it or how many mandos you add. I just hope some of these new course designers stay away from Pickwick, Veterans, Wall Doxey, and other favorites. You want to make it different put in alternate pins that vary shots, you want it longer put in alternate pro pads.
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:16PM
Give me the money too and i will be glad to travel and play anywhere lol
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:16PM
Ricco Suavez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I would ask is take a look at this weekends
> scorecards hole by hole. It does not take a genius
> to realize which holes are really average holes. I
> mean if everyone is getting pretty much the same
> score then it proves the hole has no merit. A hole
> that yields 3's 90% of the time with only a
> scattering or 2's and a few 4's and you have a
> boring hole I dont care what par you call it or
> how long you make it or how many mandos you add. I
> just hope some of these new course designers stay
> away from Pickwick, Veterans, Wall Doxey, and
> other favorites. You want to make it different put
> in alternate pins that vary shots
, you want it
> longer put in alternate pro pads.


Thats what they did....
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:18PM
michael-lonewolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Give me the money too and i will be glad to travel
> and play anywhere lol


it only costs $20 more to go to huntsville or even further....only difference is gas
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:19PM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that u turn is an impossible 2...i think it is
> legit par 4....i chained out for 3 and was still
> happy with my score on that hole because the
> others on my card was getting like 5's and 6's .
> I think a lot of people need to travel more and
> realize that there is more than just duece or die
> courses....the old hamilton is just wat everyone
> in mississippi is used to....

You made my point for me right there Dustin. It is a near impossible 2. So you took a 2 out of the equation. Now from the pros it may play very difficult but when we played a practice round the other day from the ams, you could of jump putted your tee shot into position and then a putter to no more than an easy Roc to a pin for a mundane 3. It is a gimmick shot and while the old position would of yielded some 2's it alos would of brought the woods behind the road into play trying to make that 90 degree turn. Number 5 is easier from the new position than the old also, now you just have to hyzer a driver or mid over the brush while in the short "easy" position you had to work through brush on both sides.

As far as Deuce or Die courses I looked up your scores at this course last year 52 and 59. Seems like more dies and not enough deuces.



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 04:31PM by Ricco Suavez.
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:25PM
Dustin wrote "thats what they did"

Only to the extent most moves were 30-50 feet longer, the only holes that actually varied a shaped shot was 2,4,5,6, and 8. The others are only a little longer. I can understand the young guys that want to show their arms, I was young once although I did not even know what disc golf was, but courses like this do not help the sport if you force less skilled players and newer players to play courses that demoralize them. That is the reason alternate pads are great on any course. I gave a detailed version of the holes earlier and I stand by my opinion I think I was fair and accurate.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 04:26PM by Ricco Suavez.
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:26PM
ricco.....you know as much as i do....if you jump putt on a down hill slope it could roll...slide scoot...anything....it takes a well placed up shot....and then a well placed up shot over a pond ob....thats where the par 4 comes in....if you hit the 200 ft up shot...good eagle
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:39PM
All I know Dustin is I do not overhaul my cars motor just because it needs new plugs. This course was a good layout and not that easy form the pro pads. It also was fair from the ams for lesser skilled players. If you think 4 is a great par four than your opinion and mine of a good hole and a gimmick hole will continue to differ. All I will say is courses that are too easy and yield mostly birdies are boring, if another course yields mostly 3's it is the same. There is some stuff on this course that could booger you, but you have to admit the last 8 holes are nothing special at all.
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:52PM
Y bother Dustin, don't argue with them. If they didn't come out to support, really doesn't matter about the par cuz you didn't even play. And if you don't like something your oppinion is good to share but reading over alot of this some of you isn't making any since. " I threw a putter on 4 and then another putter up hill then putted again for par if it's a three well then you need a par 4 there so you can birdie duh
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:52PM
Im sorry to anyone that i offended let me redo this so i get it right and not misunderstood not the whole layout is bad the only holes i think they should have left alone and left par3 would be #2 #4 #6 #8and #10 other than that they are decent holes i appoligize if anyone thought i was saying the whole layout
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 04:59PM
Y leave them holes alone cuz there short and easy lol
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 05:01PM
Perry the reason ricco didnt come out to support was because his knee has been killing him just like yesterday he quit in the middle of the round cause of it
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 05:02PM
I am not going to discuss with you because First you are the main one wanting par 4's all anyone has to do is read thru the older posts, you are all for par 4's next tournament. You say par dont mean anything yet you constantly refer to how much you shoot under at this course. I am beginning to believe you are the man behind the "new and improved" course at Hamilton. And finally as far as supporting your course no I do not, but if you are referring to the Cancer society or Diabetes or Lung charities you dont know jack. I give monthly to all of those fine institutes. And if you have a real problem with me I know who you are and my name is Richard Flake 662-672-0444. I am so sorry my opinion does not jive with all the "great" golfers in north Mississippi and Alabama.
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 05:04PM
See if the opinion someone gives dont suit some they shoot down the opinion and i am keeping mine
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 05:12PM
Par don't matter your score is what matters
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 05:15PM
If you'll look at my score last year I did shoot under on that course I'm not even from Hamilton I play it maybe twice a year but a good golfer knows par don't matter the object is I have the lowest score
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 05:27PM
From the ams, you had your chance to jump up with the big boys last week. No prizes just competition, could of dropped back down, what stopped you. As far as par I love Tombigbee 2 basically same scores shot on both courses, I cannot compare Hamiltons current layout to Tombigbee 2 in degrees of difficulty or shot value. You and Dustin just do not understand that a few feet make a difference like yall attach to this new layout. The last 8-9 holes are same old same old. I make 3's on them 90-95% of the time. Throw a heavy wind in and yea u may get me, but i play the wind pretty well.
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 05:29PM
......
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 05:30PM
I shot 5 down there and only been playing for 4 months I know who you are mr. Flake and not knocking you at all but it doesn't matter about par at all. If
You play just as we did sat and you throw hole number four I got it there second round in three shots that putr a birdie If it was a par three then it's par either way your score is what's effected not the par everyone is playing the same holes with the same par 72 just as we all did and because I shot 11 under is because I got there in fewer shots then someone that shot 5 under that's all I'm saying don't knock the par thing cuz it doesn't matter
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 05:51PM
I wasn't there and have not played the new layout, so my comments have nothing to do with this course, only the discussion at hand

but while it is true, par does not matter as far as how you score as compared to the other players, it still matters when it comes to the design of a hole

a par 3 that almost nobody gets a 2 or a 4 on is a bad hole, plain and simple (same for a par 4 where practically nobody gets a 3 or a 5) - and of course, this all changes depending on what skill level a particular layout was designed for - a good hole for ams will typically be a bad hole for pros

yes, everybody still has to execute the shot, so the total score is all that matters, but it is still nice if every hole "makes sense"
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 26, 2012 06:01PM
AMEN BAZKITCASE and to quote what dustin morris txt me that they were makin a gold design course out of it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

jcb
Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013