Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012

Posted by Joey Ingle 
Re: 2nd Annual Fling For A Cure - Hamilton, AL - March 24, 2012
March 20, 2012 07:30PM
They had 13 of the 18 complete last week in "B" position. Not sure if they got to the other five holes this week.

Joey
March 20, 2012 07:42PM
The way I see it is this you go play trace gold hard par4 and 5 it's played once a year this is once a year play the course and don't play it again but don't keep going on about it but the only thing I don't agree on is 7 and 13 being par 4 they should be a par 3 second round as well If your shooting good and done one eagles 7 and 13 that's 4 stokes right there come on now really
March 20, 2012 07:55PM
March 20, 2012 07:59PM
It has nothing to do with par. It is the number of throws you take. Hole 9 at vets in king position is a par 3 in tournament play, it is 700+ feet. Just thow the least amount of throws and stop worrying about par. It will be the same score whether they are par 15's through out the course, 50 throws is 50 throws period.
March 20, 2012 08:04PM
codyroberts18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It has nothing to do with par. It is the number of
> throws you take. Hole 9 at vets in king position
> is a par 3 in tournament play, it is 700+ feet.
> Just thow the least amount of throws and stop
> worrying about par. It will be the same score
> whether they are par 15's through out the course,
> 50 throws is 50 throws period.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 20, 2012 08:17PM
Yeah but if you've actually went and play the course like we have last week 7 And 13 don't need to be is all I'm saying all the rest ok par 4 but 7 didn't even move a birdie and a eagle will make a difference there
March 20, 2012 08:31PM
I think #1 #7 #13 needs to stay par 3 they are easy par3 the only way it wouldnt be on #13 is if they consider the ditch ob cause if u throw to hard u will be in ditch
March 20, 2012 08:37PM
But of course im goin to have fun and hit every tree lol see everyone there
March 20, 2012 09:15PM
I am going to post this post and then leave it alone. Par is just a number and when all are totaled you have a low score, your high score, and all in between. But the point I am trying to make is this, I believe by moving the pins to slightly longer position with no other factors you have reduced the skill level to score as well in relation to par.

For example hole one used to be a 280ish foot par three, its is now in the range of 400-425. My estimates I did not shoot the distance. The hole is pretty wide open, no water, generous fairway, no real obstacles. Calling it a par four still allows bigger arms (notice I said big arms not necessarily better golfers) the chance to get close off the tee and make a very well deserved 2. Most will not make 2's. But when it was a shorter par 3 it required a well placed shot of 280 feet give or take. Now players like myself (not a big arm by any means) can throw 275-320 off tee leaving me what amounts a par three of 100-150 with no water, OB, or obstacles.

This is only one example of someone who went overboard on a redesign. Like I said a few of the holes have added to the course but in my estimation the only hole that is even remotely a par four is I believe #10 the one on the fence line. I have heard that the reason it was done was to make it play harder when in reality it did just the opposite. ESP said he had 2 eagles, well Lonewolf had 2 himself in one round the other day. I was a big fan of the old layout, and if I wanted a stiffer challenge all I had to to was move to the pro pads. I think the tournament will give everyone a chance to see for themselves how it has been changed.

I would feel the same if B'ville or Vets or Tombigbee had wholesale changes and no one in the discing community had any imput. All of us I imagine look at some holes and envision how we would improve it, the truth is some holes are just natural the way they are. This is due to the terrain or the flow of the course. Every big arm player wants holes they can air it out on, and every player with accuracy and a short game want shorter reachable holes. I look at disc golf courses like I did at Ball golf courses, I look for the "signature hole" I look for holes that I can attack and holes I know I have to play smart or they will bite my behind. I always thought that #8 was Hamiltons signature hole and I knew #3, #6, and #10 where holes that could give you a big number due to the number of obstacles in the layout of the hole. Now those holes still have the same obstacles yet I have an extra stroke even though the holes are not much longer and not any more difficult.

Like I have said if I do not come to the tournament it will not be because of the current layout but because of other events the same day. I hope no one is injured, I hope for a great turnout, a smooth tournament, and a great time by all. I will be paying close attention to the scores and compare them to years past. The best scores from the pro pads were 57 last year for 3 over, if its another 57 for 14 under it ought to tell you something about the new design.
ESP
March 20, 2012 11:35PM
Hole 7 is still putter in its new location. 8 is just well thrown shot still. I went long and 4d it. bogie! 9 threw rock within a putt. par 4? really ? 10 could be nice 4 maybe. made it easy n 2 to the basket. 11 easily a birdie spike hyzer. par 4? 12 easy with roc. could do putter here too. par4? 13 holy moly easy putter from pro and short tee. par 4? cmon! 14 made it n 2. laugh to call it an eagle. i want to earn it. par 4? 15 parked it within 15 ft. made my 3 silly missed putt. would have been eagle? silly. 16 drove the basket made the putt. easy eagle? easy 3. par4? cmon. u get the drift. 17 same thing. drove the basket in one. another eagle try? u get the drift yet? 18 drove the basket. basically had i been putting . not carrying my 2 yr old with me. maybe would have eagled atleast 8 holes. by supposedly scoring. call it what you want. calling this course a par 72. after playing lake lowndes gold today which is par 69. jsut seems like u set ur self up for disappointment when it is all said and done. go around telling people you eagled nearly 10 holes on a course? great course n hamilton. check it out. just dont cheat urself. what does score mean that much to them where they are shooting over and wanna try to make the score card look good? now from the pro tees? well, dif story. hamilton will be tough from the pro tees. could be actually sum real par 4's on this course. bottom line. still a beautiful great course. just hate to hear sumone not using the tools provided for them on what par is and course design and layout. keith spotts and others did awesome with the original layout. the whole flow has been destroyed. discs have certain flight paths. u make holes geared towards that. i may be wrong. and hole 9 king at vets is a par 4. like that in the tourney too.
ESP
March 20, 2012 11:43PM
hole one same thing. easy 3. did not play 2,3,4,5,6. can only imagine. ;)
March 21, 2012 06:55AM
ESP if you threw from pro pads on all the holes and made it in to shots I wanna come watch you especially 17 it's 500ft almost from pros if you can drive the basket you should def call innova and play in more than just three tournys per year. I consider myself to have a long arm and by that I mean 430 or so and I didn't even drive the baskets so props if you did
March 21, 2012 07:03AM
Who are u esp cause if u can park 17 and have as many eagle chances i dont wanna play in ur group lol
March 21, 2012 08:07AM
I was able to throw a couple holes during lunch the other day and at least got to witness his drive go over 13 and made a long putt to eagle 14. As far as I know Sean plays pro so you shouldnt have to worry. They can leave the holes like they are and call it par four from now on. Makes me feel good bc my worst score has been six down. Usually 10-14 down. Im keeping tabs... I have eagled 3,5,9,12,13,14,16,18. Not all the same round. I have went right across the top of 12 basket both times I have thrown the new position. He did it to make the new players feel like they are accomplishing something. Anybody that has a decent round will shoot down saturday.
ESP
March 21, 2012 08:16AM
from the pro tees is way dif story. maybe from short tees par 3's with maybe one or two par 4's is good idea. from the long tees . gonna be mostly still sum really good 3's. but, def could make sum 4's. and just cause you can throw 430 plus. i can stil take you down on the course. long isnt always on top. many other factors come into play. but, i accept the challenge. i will play anytime call me. lol :)
March 21, 2012 08:50AM
Innovaputter84 Wrote:
> ESP if you threw from pro pads on all the holes
> and made it in to shots I wanna come watch you
> especially 17 it's 500ft almost from pros if you
> can drive the basket you should def call innova
> and play in more than just three tournys per year.
> I consider myself to have a long arm and by that I
> mean 430 or so and I didn't even drive the baskets
> so props if you did

sean is a very good golfer......i played in pdga intermediate and had people outdriving me...i consider myself a long arm
March 21, 2012 09:09AM
hole 17?? i can spit from the am pad and hit the pro pad. As far as distance there might be 10 ft difference if even that. Also, it gets you out away from the trees so I would rather throw pro pad on 17 anyday.
March 21, 2012 09:23AM
I know there's other aspects of the game like def putting that's a big one but all I'm saying is I agree with all of y'all they should not all be par 4 there are alot and I mean alot of holes that can be reached in two shots making them par fours don't help your game there just your score they wanna be a great golfer make them all par 3 and fight to get them that's all I am saying I don't agree with the par four issue
March 21, 2012 09:28AM
if newer golfer's came out and played that course they need to play it par 4 in my oppinion....if i shot a +30 my first round i probably wouldnt have came back
March 21, 2012 10:22AM
Play this tournament as par 3 and par 4. Then come back to play the Wesley Smith Memorial where all holes (both rounds) will be played as par 3's.
See all of you this weekend to talk in person about things.
March 22, 2012 09:02AM
So who all is coming?
March 22, 2012 10:32AM
Im goin
March 22, 2012 11:06AM
I cant make it...hurt wrist n gotta work :-(
March 22, 2012 06:26PM
dustin morris Wrote:
> if newer golfer's came out and played that course
> they need to play it par 4 in my oppinion....if i
> shot a +30 my first round i probably wouldnt have
> came back

A first time player should play for bogey or better per hole at most courses. B'ville am course is too easy for any player with any experience ,but that is what it was designed for, to help new and/or young players. I still play it either as a quick round or if the group wants to play, even as a more seasoned player now a short course will hone your short game.

As far as first time, I watched my sons throw "frisbees" in my yard and nearly hit my car, my house, and my grandkids. Since then I have done all three. I turned 50 in June of 2008 and picked up my first disc (a found pro destroyer with no name) at Veterans Park in Florence, AL. I fooled around but did not really play. The first time I played a complete round was at Pickwick and I played awful as expected and on top of that I thought the course sucked. Less than six months later I was playing much better and realized that Pickwick is a well laid out venue.

I lost my father-in-law to cancer 28 years ago and I was the one who took him to chemo since he was a proud man and did not want his immediate family to see how it made him sick after every visit. This tournament is really for a noble cause and I hope the turnout is the largest ever. I am hoping to make it and hopefully some advance masters show, so I do not have to show up the long young arms.
March 22, 2012 07:58PM
Kewl Ricco I want people at this tourny to realize that it's not just about disc golf my mother and father will be there to support not only me but everyone who comes out to play. My mother was diagnosed last year with stage 4 cancer in two places odds for her to survive was slim but she will be there and walk the course all thanks to tournys like this that's support cancer society's. So don't come
Out to grip and complain about the layout or the pars of whatever. Keep it in and play golf and thank god above that he give us and
My
Mother the life to just walk and play the game that we all love. Thanks guys and come
Out and have fun I probably will do horrible but to have my mom around another year and day to say you did good son that's all I want . Thanks Justin perry
March 22, 2012 10:16PM
ok guys since i myself am one of the founders along with Mr. Spots who did an awesome job laying the course's orginal layout, Have to TOTALLY agree..... This new idea will always be a par 3 as far as im concerned. For every tournament i host from now on it will be played as a par 3... I am tryin to start the local club and raise money so we can put in another course but trust me guys i will personally go to people like Spots, and other local pros and lay out a awsome course... keep in mind the main sports here that have been played r football and basketball .. DG is only been here like 3yrs and its gonna take others helping me to teach newbies the true way this game is suppose to be played not played cause someone thinks the par needs to change so it might get people to play ... Come on lets be real its only hurting people... heres my number 205-495-7591 if u got questions or suggestions i'm open and not bull headed lmao....

drive it hard, Bryan "DrewDogg" Drewery
AKA Nacho
March 22, 2012 10:24PM
Here is something to think about none of the ones i play discgolf with knows that a little over a year ago i had to go to er for a swollen testical the size of a baseball and they told me it was a form of pancreatic cancer is how i think u spell it Anyway they told me it may heal itself but could possibly spread but for me to stay active so i know what its like to be dignosed at an early age of 34 it may not be or ever be life threatning and then again it could get there so im goin to this tourney to support the ones in need god bless and see yall saturday
March 23, 2012 03:20AM
Ill be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 03:20AM by Derrick Lambert.
March 23, 2012 06:37AM
A first time player should play for bogey or better per hole at most courses. B'ville am course is too easy for any player with any experience ,but that is what it was designed for, to help new and/or young players. I still play it either as a quick round or if the group wants to play, even as a more seasoned player now a short course will hone your short game.

Booneville's "am" pads were created for recreational play. Even in tournaments, AM women played the back tees.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013