Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Roc A Cure fundraiser for relay for life June 17, 2012

Posted by ransomjones 
Roc A Cure fundraiser for relay for life June 17, 2012
March 07, 2012 02:17PM
Covington County Hospital and Collins Disc Golf Club proudly presents:

Roc A Cure (fundraiser for relay for life)

Schedule and Format:
Sunday June 17th 2012 Roberson Park Collins, MS. Two rounds of 18. Registration opens from 8:00am to 9:00am, immediately followed by a brief players meeting. First round to tee off at 9:15 second round 1 hour and 15 minutes after last card from first round is turned in.

Tee assignments are:
All division with the exception of juniors and novice will play regular tees. Juniors and novice will play shorter blue tees both rounds.

Entry fees:
$27 for all divisions

Payouts and extras:
ALL payouts will be in PRIZES (NO CASH PAYOUTS). This tournament is to raise money for relay for life patients and survivors. All participants will receive a custom stamp Roc at entry.

For those who don't know about relay for life it is a fundraising event that runs from September 1st to August 31st every year in order to raise money for people with or that have survived cancer.

We will have CTP's and Ring of Fire we willl aslo have a raffle (raffle merchandise to be announced at a later date).

Hole sponsors are appreciated, they will start at $25 and go up to whatever you would like to donate (no cap).

Direction:

From Hattiesburg- take hwy 49 north towards Jackson about 40 miles north of Hattiesburg you will run into Collins once in Collins take a right on Roberts St. (between Sullivan motors and Sanderson Farms) you will run into the park at the end of Roberts St.

From Jackson- take hwy 49 south towards Hattiesburg about 60 miles south of Jackson you will run into Collins once in Collins you will pass the Best Western Hotel Roberts St. (between Sullivan motors and Sanderson Farms) will be two median crossings on your left.
Pre-registration and donation/sponsorships:
Send check or money order payable to Collins Disc Golf Club P.O. Box 344 Seminary, MS. 39479

Tournament Director

Ransom Jones (601) 297-1918 rjones@covingtoncountyhospital.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 02:24PM by ransomjones.
Re: Roc A Cure fundraiser for relay for life June 17, 2012
March 08, 2012 11:13AM
This IS a sanctioned event.
Our relay for life team is working hard getting really great prizes together for this event, they are raising money, getting gift certificates, and large items for first place in each divisions as well as a large item for the raffle.
March 08, 2012 02:22PM
this is what we hope to have for the PRO open first place prize:

March 22, 2012 10:50AM
Custom stamp on Relay For Life Tournament disc.
If you would like to purchase one of these discs they will be DX ROC's for $15.00 all proceeds will go to Relay For Life. Everyone that enters will get one at registration.

March 22, 2012 07:14PM
First place prize for Jr. division:

April 04, 2012 06:51AM
ROC for Covington County Hospital Relay For Life Tournament June 17th 2012. These can be purchased for $15 until June 1st 2012

April 13, 2012 09:45AM
Sounds like a good event. If possible I know I would like to play in this one to help raise money for cancer patients and survivors.
April 18, 2012 09:59AM
What's first place prize for Novice??? Amateur??? I might be in either division...not sure yet. I am playing my first tournament this weekend at the Southside Smackdown.
April 18, 2012 11:56AM
not sure yet possibly camping gear or something like that. will update soon.
April 23, 2012 04:11PM
Do you know about how far you are from Sebastopol??? And is there a more direct route from Sebastopol to Collins rather than driving west on I-20 to get to 49 and then heading to Collins?? Again I would really like to play in this one and maybe place a little better than my 7'th in the Smackdown. What is the golf course like there?? Wooded? Open? Water hazards??
April 24, 2012 07:00AM
The only other route I can see is to take hwy 35 all the way down, but I dont't know if that will be faster. The course is in the city park it is wooded but not thick, there are two water hazards but not an extreme danger (unless you go short or weak with a toss). This course was designed to be beginner friendly with a touch of a challenge with some distance and OB.

if you take hwy 35 it is 76 miles. going thru jackson will be 129 miles and meridian to 84 is 133 miles. it may be easier and faster to take hwy 35.
April 24, 2012 11:01AM
Cool. I live in Mobile Alabama but my wife has family over that way. Hopefully be able to get someone to watch the young ones so we can both play in the fundraiser. We would probably both be in Novice. Are you expecting a decent turnout?
April 24, 2012 04:27PM
As with any event a TD expects a good turnout. We would love to have a full course so that we can raise as much money as possible for the American cancer society. You can help us out by spreading the word about this event. We (Covington county hospital's Relay For Life team) appreciates you and anyone else that comes and supports this event.
April 24, 2012 04:39PM
FYI for those considering this weekend and are playing the states games Saturday keep in mind that Collins has a best western with camping at either seminary canoe rental or okatoma outdoor post.
April 25, 2012 09:30PM
Ransom,

Count LargeMouth DG Productions in for a $50 sponsorship. $25 cash and some plastic.

Thanks for supporting such a good cause!!! It's people like you that give Disc Golf a good name!

I look forward to getting up there and checking out the course in the near future.

TB
April 26, 2012 07:13AM
Thanks Tony we appreciate your sponsorship. Covington County Hospital's Relay For Life team have set a goal this year to raise $20,000, we are just above $16,000 to date and hope that we can get a great turnout for this event to push us closer to our goal. Please keep in mind that there will be NO cash payouts at this event however we are gathering some great prizes to award the winners. Aslo everyone that enters this event will receive a custom stamp dx roc.
April 30, 2012 08:53PM
I'm gonna ask my mom and sister if they might be interested in sponsorship. They own "Signature Real Estate" here in Mobile Alabama. Any word on Amateur division prizes? How many places "cash"?
April 30, 2012 09:27PM
Do the hole sponsorships get a tee sign or will you have shirts with their logo? Just wondering. I know the important thing here is about helping people by raising money.
April 30, 2012 09:53PM
We will be doing tee signs for hole sponsors. We're not doing shirts because it's difficult to get sizes and we don't really know how many people will attend. We are still working on getting prizes together so I can't say for sure what the am division payout will be, but you won't be dissapointed. Also if we have any left over tournament stamp discs we were thinking of giving them to the sponsors for collecting. As for how far we will pay in each division will depend on the attendance in that division, we will try to get as close to the 33% standard as possible, but like you said we are trying to raise as much money for the American cancer society as possible.

We are also strictly capping the the field to 100 participants because the park doesn't have the room for several additional holes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2012 10:00PM by ransomjones.
May 01, 2012 06:50AM
Ok. So probably need to pre-register to be on the safe side. How many people you have so far?? I may try to send you my registration this week if possible. I appreciate your help on all this.
May 01, 2012 07:12AM
Pre-registration is encouraged but not mandatory we anticipate a full field but as of now we don't have any pre-registered participants. We hope that we receive more but we will be doing Saturday and Sunday registration I will be at the States games in Hattiesburg on the Saturday before our event taking registration.
May 02, 2012 09:17PM
First Place AM Men
May 02, 2012 09:20PM
First Place Novice: The bag on the left is a cloth ice chest
May 03, 2012 10:47AM
Looks like some cool prizes for the winners. Im excited about the opportunity to play in this event because it means something and it's for a cause.
May 16, 2012 06:51AM
Any updates on the tournament?
May 23, 2012 10:24AM
We are having a raffle for a Yeti Roadie cooler package the tickets are $2 each (no limit).
The package includes:
(1) Yeti Roadie 20 tan cooler,
(1) Yeti T-shirt,
(1) Yeti Tervis Tumbler - 16oz,
(1) Yeti koozie, and
(1) Yeti Traditional trucker hat.
Drawing will be held Friday, June 15th. Make check payable to Relay For Life
Mail to Ransom Jones P.O. Box 344 Seminary MS 39479.

Info needed: Name, Address, and Phone you do not have to be present to win.

Description of cooler:
One piece roto-molded UV polyethylene construction is extremely durable.
Constructed of food-grade material that is dry ice compatible.
Two inches of YETIs polyurethane foam provides superior insulation.
Freezer style sealing gasket to locks out the heat.
T-latch keepers are molded into the cooler body.
Recessed drain plug and rubber washer guarantee leak-proof reliability (20qt model only).
Padlock holes molded into the cooler body and lid.
Full length self-stopping hinge cant hyper extend and break.
May 29, 2012 10:50AM
19 days and counting. I have got a couple tournaments under my belt now (Southside Smackdown VIII and Citronelle Safari 6), so hopefully I will be ready to do some serious disc golfing while helping to raise money at the same time. I will be playing Amateur in this one. I will try to go ahead and pre-register in the next week or two and my wife might be playing as well in Novice. Either way, just looking to have a good time meeting new disc golfers and throwing some discs. I had been trying to find something about the park to get an idea of what its like until today. I found a forum you made last year with the proposed layout for the course. It looked pretty sweet. Is the proposed layout the one that was ultimately used and is in use today?? I am going to try to play a round or two before the tournament but if not atleast I will have an idea what I will be going in to. A LOT OF O.B.
June 02, 2012 11:22PM
do you accept paypal????
June 03, 2012 06:57PM
Sorry no paypal
June 06, 2012 09:59AM
this course only has nine permanent baskets right now so we will be using temp baskets i think we have enough but if you are coming and can fit a basket in your ride bring it with so we are sure to have enough thanks for your help and support.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013