Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The 2012 Lafayette Spring Fling - Disc Golf Tournament, Extravaganza and Revue - Saturday, April 28th - Acadiana Park

Posted by jacques 
Whoohoo! Awsome updates jacques! Cant wait for this event. btw brooks is listed twice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 10:10PM by CajunWarrior33.
I will have my cast taken off on the 18th, which give me 9 days to try and get my leg back in order. Hopefully I will be able to play, but if not I will be there regardless. I've been missing me some disc golf like crazy.
@ Nick - Maybe there are two different people, both named Brooks Newell signed up. Didn't think of that, did you?

@ Nyce - Mais, come get you a crawfish disk t-boy!
Wow David and I get a great looking disc and Marvin gets a really cool trophy...maybe.
Don't forget you all get shirts and lunch too, Joe.

Does "maybe" mean you and David are gonna dethrone the champ?

Lafayette tournament threads - THE place to be for Senior Grandmaster SMACK TALK!!

I love it.
This just in - the Holiday Inn Holidome on the Evangeline Thruway in Lafayette will be the official hotel of this year's Spring Fling.

Remember that we are having the tournament on Festival Internationale weekend and rooms in Lafayette are going to be hard to come by if you wait until the last minute.

They have placed a courtesy hold on five rooms for our event and they are offering them at a discounted rate. Please give them an opportunity for your business if you require hotel accomodations for the tournament.

Visit them on the web at http://www.hilafayette.com/ or give them a call (337) 233-6815

Thanks to Shawn Johnson and Tammy Kelly for putting this together for us.
Now I have to get a dictionary and look up lolligag and dilly-dally. Must have learned those in Latin class at Jesuit.
Marvin, I know you read this stuff. If you would learn how to post instead of practicing all the time, you might get your clock cleaned. If you want to spend Friday night with my wife, my fat cat Ziva, and me in beautiful downtown Lacassine, let me know.

Dawgs all: Mighty Dawg, Legal Beagle, and Dirty Dawg are yipping after Wonder Dawg, but Dirty Dawg doesn't throw too well where the sun doesn't shine and that not good for playing Duzee and Ace Run.
I'm looking at making this but I might already have plans, got to check. Is there going to be something other than crawfish for those who don't or can't eat them?
IF we are doing a crawfish boil (not 100% certain, need to watch the prices this month) then yes we will have something other than crawfish - we will have corn & potatoes.

IF crawfish prices stay as high as they are now, it is going to be tough to do a boil to feed that many people on a disc golf tournament budget, in which case we will definitely have something else for lunch.

IF you are a real picky eater - bring yourself a sammich.

An UrgeTo Dance Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm looking at making this but I might already
> have plans, got to check. Is there going to be
> something other than crawfish for those who don't
> or can't eat them?
bayouace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marvin, I know you read this stuff. If you would
> learn how to post instead of practicing all the
> time, you might get your clock cleaned. If you
> want to spend Friday night with my wife, my fat
> cat Ziva, and me in beautiful downtown Lacassine,
> let me know.
>
> Dawgs all: Mighty Dawg, Legal Beagle, and Dirty
> Dawg are yipping after Wonder Dawg, but Dirty Dawg
> doesn't throw too well where the sun doesn't
> shine and that not good for playing Duzee and Ace
> Run.

Legal begal is waiting for approval from the Prez and the injustice department to decide if he can make it. At any rate we'll have a dawgone good time!
Mais chere awhat tis dat price ovah dere yeah? Dems crawfish is too tirty nine a pound round here yeah.
I imagine the price will go down after Easter, I was just asking because I can't get myself to eat crawfish. I am perfectly fine with bringing a sandwich :)
1.99 in French settlement right now.....

$2:00 around here also, price will drop a little after Easter and then fall big after Mothers day.

Looks like a great one shaping up in Cajun Town

Dex
$2 a lb in beautiful Jeff Davis Parish. Boiling tomorrow PM.
The Spring Fling welcomes our newest SPONSORS

The Holiday Inn Holidome
M & S Grocery
Reliable Power Systems
False River Fencing

They join

Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf
La Cote Disc Golf Course - Ragley, LA
The Aadrvarks
Prejean's Restaurant
Sterling Sugars
JMA Painters
Aboriginal Discs

in making it possible to bring you this fine event.

Sponsorship opportunities are definitely still available. I'm going to place the shirt order in a few weeks so get in touch if you are interested in getting your name, business or logo on 100+ shirts and the website.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of the website, go to http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/ and join the 68 others who have already registered.

We are almost half full and the event is still three weeks away, so don't dawdle and please don't delay. Go to the website and get yourself all fixed up.

Once again, we are not asking for pre-payment, just RSVP and let us know who is coming.

Already signed up...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We played Blue Angel and we played Crystal Springs and we came back to Lafayette with a serious case of HANGING BASKET ENVY so we decided we needed to join the fun...

Hanging around with hole #6 on the Ace Run.

There is definitely a little more hijinks on the way including a limited time only SPRING fling basket. You won't want to miss it!

A lot of people have been working really hard to make sure that Acadiana Park will look its springtime finest for this tournament.
Mighty Dawg Joe Todd better hit the sleeve with his roller or he's gonna be partying with the folks at that house.
How about some baskets in holes for us roller guys?

Hey Jacques, you said "Sponsorship opportunities are definitely still available. I'm going to place the shirt order in a few WEEKS so get in touch if you are interested in getting your name, business or logo on 100+ shirts and the website."

I think you may have meant you were going to place the T-shirt order in a few DAYS since the tourney is less than a few weeks away. So come on your stragglers, get those sponsorships in now!
Joe, I have learned that the only people who procrastinate worse than disc golfers are t-shirt vendors. I will leave the shirt sponsorships open for another week, making the deadline next Monday - April 16th.

Speaking of SPONSORSHIPS, the Spring Fling welcomes three more businesses

Louisiana Valve Source
Whitliejoe Specialties
and
Jory Bernard, LLC

to the growing list of tournament sponsors.

70 players signed up and for the most part it is shaping up to be a Baton Rouge vs. Lafayette battle royal.

Where y'at NOTeam? Roger Goodell didn't suspend y'all too, did he?

Also MIA - Beaumont, Houston & Best Monroe. Would love to see some of our friends from out west too (looking at you Mississippi & Alabama).

If you haven't made it over to Lafayette for a tournament before, this would be the one to come see.
@#$%& Cooyon, Mississippi, and Alabama are to our east not west. Come on T-boy you can do better than that! LOL
Oh, mais ga de don! Oh well, tout la meme chose.
Looks like there will be a little more exciting things to come. Stay tuned to find out what they will be.
I did hear a rumor that the ADGA will supply caddies from Hooters for all Legends division players. Sr. Grand Master's caddies will be supplied by the Acadiana Old Folks home!
That is correct, Joe! And Acadian Ambulance will be on standby to deal with any heart related emergencies resulting from this.

Complete tournament update coming tomorrow.

Also, ADGA bag tag shirts are in. I will have them at doubles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013