Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The 2012 Lafayette Spring Fling - Disc Golf Tournament, Extravaganza and Revue - Saturday, April 28th - Acadiana Park

Posted by jacques 
@biodarwin - who all is coming from Monroe?
Louis Corne told me yesterday he won't be able to play so that leaves another spot open. Unless I can get two throws, which still won't help me beat that old Marvin guy and that young David dude.
116 registered out of a possible 144.

There are still 28 spots left (29 with Mr Louis withdrawing) so get off your keester, sign up and come join us in Lafayette for a good time this weekend.

Several players have contacted me about changing divisions. The website that we use for sign-ups does allow me to edit your registrations (or so it said) but I haven't figured out how and I don't have time to learn any new tricks right now so remind us on Saturday morning and we will get you fixed up then.

Now after playing Disc Golf at Acadiana Park all day and partying at the Festival all night, there is a good chance you might end up looking like this....

However if you wake up Sunday morning bright eyed and bushy tailed and feel like playing some more golf, come join us at 10:00 for Sunday doubles - blind-draw, best-shot format with cash payout & a progressive ace pot. Ask anybody from Lafayette at the Spring Fling and they will give you all the details.
this weekend is going to be SWEET!!! I CANT WAIT!
misterbogey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Louis Corne told me yesterday he won't be able to
> play so that leaves another spot open. Unless I
> can get two throws, which still won't help me beat
> that old Marvin guy and that young David dude.

Joe, if you get two rollers a hole, the course would have to be declared a freeway by DOTD!
@#$%&!!!! 15 open players, now that's a awesome number to see. Great job of getting this all together,Jacques!!!!!
I just found out that the volunteer that was working Saturday at the Cypress Island Visitor Center won't be able to make it. Since I'm in charge of those volunteers, there's a 90% chance I'll have to work and won't be able to make the tournament. We will have 3 players in our division since I will come by early Saturday morning and pay my entry fee. I was donating it anyway so there's no change there! NLOL!

Don't hold a spot open for me since I won't know until the last minute if I can play.

Jacques - sorry I won't be able to help with registration but I have to be at the VC at least by 8. It would really be good if Randy had two more people helping with the registration.
Well, that's another bummer for all 3 of us. Hope something works out for you to play.
We now have a full car coming down from Northern Mississippi, and we are looking forward to this weekend. See ya"ll saturday morning.
Say it ain't so, Joe.

We've got sign-ups covered so don't worry about that.

Speaking of sign-ups, 127 out of a possible 144 are signed up for this weekend...

We may need a few more sacks of crawfish. I'll call Glenn and Mitchell in the morning and tell them to put out a few more traps...

As I explained before, when the deadline for placing the shirt order arrived we only had 88 people signed up for the tournament.

Those 88 people are guaranteed a shirt in the size they submitted when they registered.

We knew people were going to wait until the last minute to sign-up so we guessed 120 shirts total and we guessed the sizes for what were the "extra" shirts at the time.

With 127 signed up, they aren't "extra" anymore so here is how we are going to handle this.

The 89th player to sign-up through the 120th player to sign up on the website will get shirts with no guarantee that there wil be one available in their size.

Players 121 through 144 are S-O-L for a shirt unless we have some no-shows. Sorry about that - we will try to make it up somehow.
We have plenty of people coming from out of town who may not be familiar with the layout Acadiana Park.

I have added course maps for both the Ace Run and Duzee to the "Downloads" section of the tournament website - http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/.

It is on the front page on the left hand side. The file names are "ace_run_small.pdf" and "duzee_small.pdf". These same images also appear on the new signs at hole one's tee box on both courses.

131 signed up as of this morning - looking like we are going to have ourselves a full house!
I think a Lafayette tournament is more of a Royal Flush!!

Great maps. Suggest the two maps be placed on dgcoursereview.com and the ADGA website, after the tournament, when you have time. Would have been a big help to me in the past.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2012 09:18AM by bayouace.
bayouace Wrote:
> I think a Lafayette tournament is more of a Royal
> Flush!!
>
> Great maps. Suggest the two maps be placed on
> dgcoursereview.com and the ADGA website, after
> the tournament, when you have time. Would have
> been a big help to me in the past.

DONE!

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]
[www.acadianadga.org]
[www.pipscause.org]
You da man, Joe! You gotta play Saturday. I have been looking forward to playing with you and Marvin (and Louis) since January. Can we hire a sub, and I'll help pay?
I managed to misspell my name on the registration. if you can change Jeremy Davuos to Davis that would be awesome!
@jacques

Myself( Jeremy Davis), Ricky Blaylock, Billy Corbin. No RB this year. Got a few coming from Ruston as well.
bayouace Wrote:
> You da man, Joe! You gotta play Saturday. I have
> been looking forward to playing with you and
> Marvin (and Louis) since January. Can we hire a
> sub, and I'll help pay?

I'd have to be there to train them. There's still a slim chance I can find someone.
Online registration closes at midnight tonight.

If tomorrow (4/27) you decide you want to play in this tournament, send an email to acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com and we will see if you can be acommodated. Everybody will be out at the course putting the finishing touches on the park tomorrow, so you may not get an answer immediately.

Final update, 133 registered!

Thanks to everybody who signed up, we really look forward to seeing y'all on Saturday.

Trophies are finished...

Thanks to Mr. Nyce for his assistance with this tedious task.

Got two more sacks of crawfish to make sure we have enough for everybody.

Lunch is BYOB, so stop by our fine sponsor - M&S Grocery - and pick up something to drink, only blocks from Acadiana Park on the corner of Alexander St. & Louisiana Ave.

We will have water coolers on the course to help keep y'all hydrated during the rounds.
I noticed you have 2 Matt Orums and 2 Eddie Villafuertes, so that might free up 2 more spots.
I was trying to make this one Lafayette is one of my favorite places to go to. But I was reminded last night that I am having my son jimmy and grand daughter Samantha 16 years young birthday party in my back yard on Sunday, also Blake going away to Auburn , he just finished at Bishop, so his going away party too. Yall have fun and ace one for me,

ps Matto is listed twice,

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
@Jim - sorry you can't make it.

@Darren - my favorite ones so far, but a gigantic PITA to make.

@Mike - your new nickname, "hawkeye". Saw the double Matt Orum - not sure about the Villafuerte. One signed up as Eddie and then another as Eduardo so I thought it may be a father/son deal.

There IS still room either way, but I the online registration is shut down so if anybody decides today that they want to play tomorrow, send an email to acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com
Jacques thank you for asking me to help put those trophies together. I am more than happy to give what help I can. These trophies are pretty sweet and I can only hope to actually win one tomorrow, here is to praying the screws in my leg don't break and I can finish. I'm looking forward to seeing all of my SN family in the morning. So that would be a >yes< to my competing.......
jacques, thanks for a really fun tourny! Keep doing what your doing man, had fun playing with cam, matto, horsey,and a few others! Time for the festival!
Man, that was a great tournament. I was very happy to see everyone out there today. The weather couldn't have been better, the courses looked better than they ever have. Big thanks to all the crews that went out and cleaned them up so well. And another big thanks to the flight club for hooking up some great mud bugs. I'm very proud to be from Lafayette after such a beautifully ran Tournament. Guys you all did a great job today!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of good tournaments in Louisiana. None better than a Lafayette tournament. Great job! Great fun! Even if I did play in a group that got beat by a broken leg guy on crutches!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013