Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
"I did hear a rumor that the ADGA will supply caddies from Hooters for all Legends division players. Sr. Grand Master's caddies will be supplied by the Acadiana Old Folks home."

Yeah, Joe, Hooters babes are experienced at carrying dead chicken wings around. At least I'll have a red hot mama with a two-seater Rascal. Only thing Acadian Ambulance will have to worry about with you and Marvin is waking you up when you fall asleep from eyeing the cleavage.
I've got a good comeback about "dead chicken wings" but the forum police would remove the listing. I will make sure that red hot mama is old enough for you to call her mama! And the ambulance is for those young guys who die of jealousy!
@brady - the shirts look fantastic.
Alright boys and girls, it is time to get serious about getting signed up if you are coming to town for the Spring Fling.

Go to the tournament website - http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/ - and RSVP.

As always, we are not asking for prepayment, just registration so we have a reasonable head count.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shirt order is getting placed this week and we have added a few more SPONSORS

HAAS AUTOMATION

LAFAYETTE GRANITE

and

M.A. PATOUT & SONS

join

Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf
La Cote, Ragley DGC
The Aardvarks
Aboriginal Discs
Holiday Inn Holidome
JMA Painters
Prejean's Restaurant
Sterling Sugars, LLC
Reliable Power Systems
CompuWorks
Jory Bernard, LLC
Whitliejo Specialties
Louisiana Valve Source
M & S Grocery
False River Fencing

in enabling US to bring YOU a TOP QUALITY event!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

77 players registered so far.

An optimist would say our tournament is half-full.

A pessimist would say it is half-empty.

I would say quit monkeying around - go to the website and join the fun.

Speaking of monkeying around....

We just couldn't help ourselves. After all, it is the SPRING FLING!

Last but not least, I want to talk about a subject of the utmost importance - CRAWFISH.

It looks like we are going to pull it off - a FREE crawfish boil for lunch between rounds on Saturday. I will make another announcement as soon as I am 100% certain.

Almost forgot - I want to make sure everybody knows that ALL divisions will play the cement tees on both courses. If you come to town to practice, don't practice the long tees on either course. As usual, we will have blue tees staked out on some of the longer holes and some of the disc eaters for the novice and junior divisions.
misterbogey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've got a good comeback about "dead chicken
> wings" but the forum police would remove the
> listing. I will make sure that red hot mama is
> old enough for you to call her mama! And the
> ambulance is for those young guys who die of
> jealousy!

So my caddy will be your younger sister?
bayouace Wrote:
> misterbogey Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've got a good comeback about "dead chicken
> > wings" but the forum police would remove the
> > listing. I will make sure that red hot mama is
> > old enough for you to call her mama! And the
> > ambulance is for those young guys who die of
> > jealousy!
>
>
> So my caddy will be your younger sister?

Yep and she's carries a mean cane and was trained by Gregg Williams!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2012 06:03PM by misterbogey.
Three of us from northern mississippi are going to make it down. We heard about it at the CUP, and are looking forward to it. See you in a couple weeks.
Glad to hear we got some northerners coming down, see if any others want to join you guys. The more the merrier!^)
@Canadian Mike - outstanding!! Look forward to seeing everybody on the 28th.
2 Sr GM = natives are restless

3 Sr GM = riot in progress

4 Sr GM = martial law declared

ADD CRAWFISH = makes a jailbreak from Angola and Parchman Farm look like afternoon tea and scones.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to take a minute to talk about something very close to my heart.

My stomach.

More specifically, how happy my stomach is when I fill it with CRAWFISH.

Come join us on Saturday, April 28th for the SPRING FLING and you too can make your belly smile because we are definitely boiling mudbugs for lunch between rounds.

I've got 10 sacks reserved and a crew lined up to boil them. It is now more important than ever that we know how many people are coming, so PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP - go to the website and sign up if you are planning to attend and pass the word to others if you think they are planning to come.

We are approaching 90 registered with 10 days left.

Looking forward to this already.
@Jacques- is there any way I could get Robbies and my shirt from you before Saturday?? We are going to the smackdown and wanted to represent our new shirts!!
Yeah, we did a little bit of recruiting at the cup, nick and I were trying to get everyone to come. Hopefully we get more out of towners here......
I will be at Acadiana Park on Friday cutting grass and trimming trees. I've got the shirts in my truck.
Awesome, I don't get off til 5, but Robbie should be off by 3. I'll let him know, thanks Jacques!!
Got a few guys from Ruston coming down, i just love the Acadiana course. And WILD festival times!
@mtnbayou - glad to have y'all coming down! If you haven't already signed up, please go to the tournament website and register - just getting your info, not prepaying. A link to the site is on the 1st page of this thread.
how much added cash for open division? just curious. Group from shreveport is comin for sure and I announced it at my players meeting today at tourny here so hopefully shreveport will get it together and come support this event.
Whoo hooo thanks akeem, yall make yall pre register on the tournys website
Akeem, I will do a complete update this evening including payout projections. We have 96 signed up with at least a dozen others who I spoke to yesterday who said they are definitely coming but have not registered yet. I have the website set to shut off at 144 so there is still room, but it is filling up FAST so y'all get signed up soon.

http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/

Look forward to seeing everybody this weekend.
It's a definite, I'll be there!!

Terry Zeringue
bayouace Wrote:
> 2 Sr GM = natives are restless
>
> 3 Sr GM = riot in progress
>
> 4 Sr GM = martial law declared
>
> ADD CRAWFISH = makes a jailbreak from Angola and
> Parchman Farm look like afternoon tea and scones.

Louis told me today he won't be able to play so we'll have to settle for a mere riot!
Bummer that Louis can't play. Dang it. Well, we'll give Wonder Dog hell enough for Louis too.
Ladies and Gentlemen, in celebration of Zinger's return to Lafayette, a tournament update...

A few more SPONSORS

Nick Simon @ Simon Energy

RST Services, LLC

and

Gregula Guidry

join

Innova Champion Discs
Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf
La Cote, Ragley DGC
The Aardvarks
Aboriginal Discs
Holiday Inn Holidome
JMA Painters
Prejean's Restaurant
Sterling Sugars, LLC
Reliable Power Systems
CompuWorks
Jory Bernard, LLC
Whitliejo Specialties
Louisiana Valve Source
M & S Grocery
False River Fencing
Haas Automation
Lafayette Granite
MA Patout and Sons

in making it possible for The ADGA and Flight Club to bring YOU a blowout tournament.

103 registered out of a possible 144, so there is still room left but it continues to fill up quick so make up your mind soon and sign up if you are planning to attend.

The tee shirt order has been placed. I anticipated a bunch of sign ups this week and the order was placed when only 88 players were registered. We decided to make an order for 120 shirts and guessed on the sizes for the 32 "extra" shirts.

What this means is that everybody who was signed up when the order was placed is guaranteed a shirt in their size, it will be first-come-first-served on the next 32 registrants and anybody past 120 or walk-ups on Saturday will go topless because they had over two months to pre-reg and I am not a mind reader.

Here is what y'all are getting

Don't forget, EVERYBODY (Pro, Am, Novice & Junior) is also getting one of these...

AND a plate of these...

just for playing in the tournament.

AND FIRST PLACE in all divisions takes home one of these...

PAYOUTS

50% of the field in Advanced, Advanced Masters, Am Men and Am Women will be paid out WELL IN EXCESS of 100% of entry fees in addition to their player's packs!

Merchandise ADDED to AM Division payouts...

Three (3) Sport baskets -

1st place AM MEN, ADVANCED MASTERS & ADVANCED win baskets, guaranteed.

Six (6) Competition bags and Four (4) DISCarrier bags -

1st, 2nd & 3rd place AM WOMEN win bags, guaranteed
2nd & 3rd place AM MEN win bags, guaranteed
2nd & 3rd place ADVANCED MASTERS win bags, guaranteed
2nd, 3rd & 4th ADVANCED win bags, guaranteed.

TOP 1/3 PLUS ONE PLAYER in all Professional Divisions will be paid out IN EXCESS of 100% of entry fees in addition to their player's packs!

Pro Open - MINIMUM $30 CASH ADDED PER PLAYER - $45 entry fees + $30 cash add = MINIMUM 166% payout plus player's packs!

All other Pro Divisions - MINIMUM $15 ADDED PER PLAYER - $45 entry fees + $15 cash added = MINIMUM 133% payout plus player's packs!

AND don't forget that we are going to party it up after the tournament at Festival Internationale.

For those that haven't been to the festival before - if you are coming to the tournament, make plans to come to the festival too.

It isn't some rinky-dink, glorified street fair....

It is one of the largest outdoor music festivals in the nation, attended by roughly 500,000 people over five days, and it is 100% FREE. Free as in, park your car and walk up and listen to any band on any stage you want.

The schedule for Saturday night is particuarly outstanding as The Lost Bayou Ramblers and Corey Ledet & His Zydeco Band are playing back-to-back on one of the stages.

The complete line-up - http://www.festivalinternational.com/uploads/FILscheduleweb2012_final.pdf

PLUS there are dozens of local restaurants set up selling food, booths to buy beer and soft drinks, arts and crafts from all over the world are on sale and most downtown restaurants and bars are open throughout the festival grounds.

See what is on the menu (with prices) at each location -

http://www.festivalinternational.com/site475.php
http://www.festivalinternational.com/site476.php
http://www.festivalinternational.com/site477.php[www.festivalinternational.com]
http://www.festivalinternational.com/site478.php
http://www.festivalinternational.com/site479.php
http://www.festivalinternational.com/site481.php

PLUS there is a Biergarten at Festival this year featuring products from all the major local breweries! - http://www.festivalinternational.com/site519.php

This is the last major update before the tournament. I will be checking this site regularly, but the best way by far to get in touch if you have a question or a concern is by emailing the club's account - acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com.

TIME TO START GETTING EXCITED!!!

I know I am...

Anybody that may have tried to register this morning - the web service that we use for registration stops collecting RSVPs five days before the event by default.

I had to go in and manually change that to continue to function through this week but it will stop when we reach 144 or this Friday, whichever comes first.

If you tried to sign up this morning and it was not allowing you to do so, please go back and try again. I have confirmed that it is working now.

Thanks.
Mais, cher! I'll have to hitch up my trailer to carry all that stuff back home! Well, maybe not Marvin's trophy, but maybe I can tie Joe on the trailer and bring him to Lacassine where he can experience some obviously much-needed culture. I could bring Tyson too, but he eats strange things and I could not guarantee I could feed him.
aheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

this is going to be awesome!

jacques - i am probably changing the division i signed up for. thanx

Super pumped to be coming back down to Lafeyette. Looking forward to it. I know at least 3 of us from Monroe will be heading that way.
bayouace Wrote:
> Mais, cher! I'll have to hitch up my trailer to
> carry all that stuff back home! Well, maybe not
> Marvin's trophy, but maybe I can tie Joe on the
> trailer and bring him to Lacassine where he can
> experience some obviously much-needed culture. I
> could bring Tyson too, but he eats strange things
> and I could not guarantee I could feed him.

I couldn't stand the "culture shock"! Tie Marvin and his trophy to your trailer...on second thought I'll take care of his trophy!
Acadiana Park is looking its absolute springtime finest.

The grass is mowed and the fairways are clean and clear.

Today, the 'piece de resistance' - two brand new course signs - were installed by David, Greg and Brent with a little help from their friends.

ACE RUN

DUZEE

I want to sincerely thank them and everybody who spent their last two weekends laboring at the park to get it in top shape for this event.

111 players registered

Just to make sure everybody understands - declaring "there are seven of us coming from Cucamonga" on the forum doesn't mean that seven players from Cucamonga have their spots reserved at the tournament.

Of course, we love seeing our friends from Cucamonga just like everyone else but there simply won't be enough food, supplies and room for everyone if we don't know who is coming so I STRONGLY encourage everyone who is planning to attend the Spring Fling - go to the website and register ASAP.

ALSO, if I saw you in the park two months ago and you said "yeah, I'm pretty sure I might make it" when I asked you if you were planning to play in the Spring Filng - you are not signed up if your name is not on the list below.

AND I am the last man on Earth who isn't on Facebook and I know a lot of local players communicate with each other on there and I have had at least one person tell me that "you know seven guys from Cucamonga said on Facebook that they are coming this weekend." PLEASE let them know that they aren't signed up for the tournament if they aren't on the list below.

Once again, the website to register is

http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/

There was a SNAFU with the site earlier that has since been corrected and I confirmed it is working properly a little while ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013