Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: Lake Lowndes Gold Doubles April 7th
April 08, 2012 02:41PM
The team that got 2nd also got stroked. I know both of them and we discussed it after round
April 08, 2012 03:49PM
Not takin any sides but if the unused baskets were covered with trash bags that would have helped. Once again I have no complaints and had a great time. Thanks Chip!!
April 08, 2012 04:39PM
The two strokes did not cost you anything. You finished exactly where you would have without them. The two teams that did not get stroked did not cash and the other group came in after the fact with the advanced master group. They won by five, two strokes they still win by three. I am sorry I had to be the bad guy, but I did take 2 hours to make the tee sign that clearly marked it.
April 08, 2012 05:33PM
kimosabe021 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im just curious what went through your head when
> you walked right past that basket on the way to
> 16 teepad. We had a very bad start to the first
> round and if I could make an excuse for it I
> would, but we played the right basket on 15. We
> would have loved to take the guaranteed birdie on
> the old basket but threw around to the right one
> and took a three. From the second half of the
> first round all the way to the end of the tourney
> we were 2 down. just hard to make up for six
> stokes. As far as the penalty strokes, I believe
> all the top five teams got stroked so it affected
> your placing not at all.

The group that I played with no one made the throw close enough to of had a easy birdie nor see the other basket and I never playing the course watch two groups before me play it play that basket and the team in my group say play to that basket not knowing that there was another basket I would take them at there word. Now that doesn't make up for our lousy play the second round but I would have liked to believe that it would have made a little bit of a difference going into the second round not having been stroked for a mistake that cost us our 3 down first round. So forgive the newbie for not knowing a new course.
April 08, 2012 05:51PM
chip strain Wrote:
> The two strokes did not cost you anything. You
> finished exactly where you would have without
> them. The two teams that did not get stroked did
> not cash and the other group came in after the
> fact with the advanced master group. They won by
> five, two strokes they still win by three. I am
> sorry I had to be the bad guy, but I did take 2
> hours to make the tee sign that clearly marked it.

And to be done with this the 2 strokes put us at 1 down and had it not been for that we would have finished 1 stroke headed of the team that placed second I'm sorry to be a huge tool about this whole deal but I felt that the stroke penalty for players not know that there were multiple baskets and reciecing wrong information from other teams both verbally and visually was a little extreme nothing that we can do about it now just learning information for the next tournament that I play in and miss the players meeting because of Being caught up using the bathroom.
April 08, 2012 06:24PM
The team in second was stroked also. You still would have been third. As td my job is to enforce the rules not to make them. I never like to penalize players, but sometimes have to. It would not be fare to the ones who played the harder basket not too. Next time we will try to garbage bag the baskets, I thought the tee signs would have been sufficient. I was wrong and I apologize.
April 08, 2012 06:59PM
It was hard to navigate the first round....but another issue that I have seen is casual players playing.
.I was looking for my drive and I see a casual player with my disc....I told them we was playing a tournament and they said they told the person at the entrance that they were there to play disc golf and no one told them that there was a tournament or the park was closed...this issue wasn't a big deal to me BC I was playing mixed but it could be frustrating to a more competitive division....I have only played there twice and I have seen a large amount of casual players during both events.

If anyone finds a fire bird on the hole with the tree down it is blue with no name BC it wore off.

On peninsula shot I have 2 maxes with Chris mcraes name on i on the left sidet.

I have a warrior on the edge of the water on peninsula shot that I couldn't find. Also on the left.

I tried to find firebird by wading out there...was informed that we were not allowed to retrieve our discs....

I loved the course and shots....was a lot of fun and can't wait to play there again....chip didn't have to host this tournament at all but he did and put a lot of work into it.... Thanks!!
April 08, 2012 08:32PM
Oh yea, I have a yellow Blizzard Destroyer on hole 13. About 10 ft. out and 20 ft. or back from the big tree in the water. You can see it from the bank. Has my name and number on it. Would love to get it back!

Good tourney. Will definitely play Lake Lowndes gold again.
April 08, 2012 08:45PM
It was difficult to navigate I mean 18 holes and there was like 40 baskets out there casual players throwing and picking up disc next holes wasn't marked very well I mean we played wrong baskets threw from wrong tee pads whatever it is what it is . It was a great course and loved playing it just maybe next time cover the baskets up and mark next tee box signs we spend a lot of time looking for the next hole.
Anonymous User
April 09, 2012 12:21AM
Guys, I've only played the course once before and it's not hard for anyone with common sense, you tell me what's hard about the following,

1,The Td hands out maps at the players meeting of the course
2, they're gold tee signs from each of the tee pads to throw from

Also, Peckston, how can you complain about being stroked? It's the rules, this is a tournament. You expect chip to lesser himself as a TD by saying "my bad, well let that slide" , um no. His responsibility as a Td is to uphold the rules of play. Everyone who played the wrong basket got stroked. The excuse "I didn't know" or he said/she said doesn't hold up. I laugh anytime I hear someone cry about a rule or their lack thereof knowledge of them. I'll bring Vaseline next time!

Great tournament Chip. Look forward to the next one. No complaints.
April 09, 2012 06:20AM
Their shouldn't be baskets in between the one you are throwing to...and if they are, they should be covered up some how so no one is confused... After playing the 1st round i was curious to how many people played some of the holes wrong.
April 09, 2012 06:36AM
Yeah the map was black sharpie lines just going everywhere not detailed that well and Dillion bring that Vaseline you can use it on your self to make them naked pics shiny nice one lol lmbo
April 09, 2012 08:44AM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Guys, I've only played the course once before and
> it's not hard for anyone with common sense, you
> tell me what's hard about the following,
>
> 1,The Td hands out maps at the players meeting of
> the course
> 2, they're gold tee signs from each of the tee
> pads to throw from
>
> Also, Peckston, how can you complain about being
> stroked? It's the rules, this is a tournament. You
> expect chip to lesser himself as a TD by saying
> "my bad, well let that slide" , um no. His
> responsibility as a Td is to uphold the rules of
> play. Everyone who played the wrong basket got
> stroked. The excuse "I didn't know" or he said/she
> said doesn't hold up. I laugh anytime I hear
> someone cry about a rule or their lack thereof
> knowledge of them. I'll bring Vaseline next time!
>
> Great tournament Chip. Look forward to the next
> one. No complaints.

Ok so I guess the part about me missing the players meeting due to having to take a dump you missed so I'll go over this one more time since I don't have common sense apparently and you for your lack of reading comprehension:

1. Never played the course
2. Cannot throw 400+ feet
3. Not an easy birdie
4. Could not see the basket from my throw
5. Four teams before our group threw, played the exact same basket
6. Par both pin positions

And bring whatever you want doesn't make that big of a deal to me buddy

And I did like the course and I'm sorry chip I might not sound like it but thank you for spending time running the tournament I don't think that I could have done a better job I appreciate anyone who takes time out of the day to run events such as these and I'm sorry for coming off as a jerk toward you was just typing and not really thinking about all the stuff you guys as tds have to go through and deal with.
April 09, 2012 09:03AM
Should've held that dump in... Players meetings are mandatory for a reason.

I had a great time with no complaints, except for the fact that I was pretty sore the next day

Mississippi State Disc Golf
April 09, 2012 09:23AM
Are player's meetings mandatory? I have seen Many good pro's miss players meetings on purpose and then just ask the people after the fact where to go.....Not trying to stur up anything...i just have seen this, i try to be at every players meeting, especially to new courses.
April 09, 2012 09:28AM
Ethan Wrote:
> Should've held that dump in... Players meetings
> are mandatory for a reason.
>
> I had a great time with no complaints, except for
> the fact that I was pretty sore the next day

Tried that before lets just say I always try and bring extra clothes for a reason now and it anit because of water hazards
April 09, 2012 10:07AM
Chip didn't state the players meeting was mandatory, but it is common knowledge that if you have never played a course before, there will be some valuable information at the players meeting for you. I understand "peckston" had to take a dump, but the meeting was short and there was adequate time after to do your business. At many tournaments though, especially at courses like Lake Lowndes gold where problems like this can happen, players meeting are required.

It is the rules to play to the right basket or from the right tee. Ask Bernie about it, he had to do the same thing to Adv. Masters at a tourney he ran in Mobile for playing wrong tees I believe. It sucks that you were stroked but it is the rules.

Again, good tourney Chip. Thanks for raising money for the SNDC!
April 09, 2012 10:10AM
[www.sndg.org]

Results are on the site, thanks Chip for getting them to me quickly. Any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org. The one mixed team received 2 points in their normal division of play (they are mixed in with the other results).

JOhn k
April 09, 2012 11:12AM
Thanks John.
April 09, 2012 12:02PM
Should be clear to people that hasn't played this course before....I am glad that he held the doubles and everything but if there wasn't enough time to set up the gold course, i am sure everyone would have been happy to play the short course. Chip did the right thing but dillon saying people with common sence could figure it out is false.....Dillon has been playing a while and mentioned he played that course before so it is easier to find the tees and correct baskets if you have played it before...

codyroberts18 Wrote:
> Chip didn't state the players meeting was
> mandatory, but it is common knowledge that if you
> have never played a course before, there will be
> some valuable information at the players meeting
> for you. I understand "peckston" had to take a
> dump, but the meeting was short and there was
> adequate time after to do your business. At many
> tournaments though, especially at courses like
> Lake Lowndes gold where problems like this can
> happen, players meeting are required.
>
> It is the rules to play to the right basket or
> from the right tee. Ask Bernie about it, he had to
> do the same thing to Adv. Masters at a tourney he
> ran in Mobile for playing wrong tees I believe. It
> sucks that you were stroked but it is the rules.
>
> Again, good tourney Chip. Thanks for raising money
> for the SNDC!
April 09, 2012 07:07PM
Maybe mandatory wasn't the correct word I shouldve used. How about "players meetings are very important, especially if you've never played the course before because they go over all the confusing/important stuff."

Mississippi State Disc Golf
Anonymous User
April 09, 2012 10:23PM
Dustin, I've played it once. It's a gold course. You think I remember where the made up tee pads are? Um no. We actually sat down on the wrong tee pad for the peninsula hole but we quickly realized it was the wrong pad because the TEE SIGN wasn't gold! No wonder you shot -2, playing wrong baskets and tees, lol .

Peckston, sorry if I came off rude but all I'm saying is its the rules and the only person you can get mad at is yourself.
April 10, 2012 07:55AM
No we shot -2 because we only had 1 bogey and women got to play closer on some of the holes....We shot better the second round but if you miss 2 holes do to a car accident, you start out +8.Dillon you have to realize that we have played longer than a lot of the newer players and take into consideration that a lot of intermediate players are new to the sport and not going to throw to the correct basket if there is multiple baskets at the end of the fair way...I was able to tell where they were just by the distance because some of them didn't make since so we spent an extra 5 minutes or so looking for the basket.
April 10, 2012 08:53AM
All we can do now is learn an improve, so it doesn't really matter anymore.
April 10, 2012 10:45AM
Does anyone have a way I can get in touch with Keith spotts he had traded discs with me and I was going to mail him mine well someone threw away his address and now I cannot find the piece of paper it was one
April 10, 2012 03:28PM
Hey Peckston,

Address: 60153 Hatley Rd., Amory, MS 38821 be sure to get to your partner too since he threw it away.

As for the tourney and the chatter. Thanks to Chip and his hard work as well as the park staff there at Lake Lowndes. This is truly one of Mississippi's best looking courses in the state. Great tourney and I had a blast playing it and meeting new disc golfers from Jackson and Oxford. As for the mix-ups, as I said to Chip all the baskets out of play should be marked in some way. Garbage bags would likely enlighten the clueless rec players that there is a tourney going on. We were putting out on our last hole and a group of rec players(8+) start yelling "fore" at us like they get the right to play through. I was tempted to fire off a driver at their little group but withstood the urge. It is probably hard to close a course like LL due to campers and such. As for the meeting, I was there and don't recall any mention of basket placements. I remember the ob's being gone over and such. I was actually shocked when I realized the regular baskets would be out there.

Dylan, I have played the course, it has been a while and I was still confused about seeing some of the baskets all over the place. Not to mention the course has been tweaked since I last played it(Jeff Haydel monster) I was on the card with Peckston when we played the wrong hole so not really a typical am screw up. I personally throw the hole out on all the cards if I were TD but I think what Chip did is right because it is by the book. I don't happen to like it but I understand it. Didn't really affect us. We were however informed by two cards ahead they all played the hole the same way. We could have went back and played it correctly we sat on the next tee for 10 minutes or more? (what is the rule on that? stroke penalty for each "extra throw"?) Oh and Dylan, everyone knows the vaseline you carry is for your knuckles after dragging them across the tee on that wacked out drive of yours!!! :)

Oh and Ethan and Cody, look up IBS on Google and then realize how insensitive your comments about a bathroom break are. I wouldn't wish that mess on anyone, except for insensitive blokes like yourselves. Just kidding, but really look into that before you talk about what you'd do in that scenario.

Overall great tourney just a little confusing. Glad I was able to get out and knock the rust off. Thanks again to Chip for running the show, from one TD to another I know how much work your put in and I sincerely appreciate it. Chip runs great events.

Keith
Anonymous User
April 10, 2012 05:08PM
Glad you could make it Keith and I had plenty of wrecked drives that first round. However, we started off hot that 2nd round, -5 after 7 holes, too bad we couldn't get past -5 for the round but that's what happens when you get 3 bogies!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013