Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Southside Smackdown VIII April 21

Posted by southside 
Southside Smackdown VIII April 21
April 03, 2012 06:54PM
There will be a round played at USA and a round at Municipal. Pool A (all pro and advanced divisions) will play USA first, while pool B (all am,novice,junior) divisions will play Muni first. All divisions will play from the white tee pads except am women, novice and juniors (they play the reds). After everyone finishes the first round, there will be a free lunch at the Muni headquarters. The second round will start an hour after the last card is turned in. We will sign people up at the doubles (pick your partner,am and pro divisions $20 a team,sign up for dubs 2-5) Friday. Sign up will start at 7:00 and end at 9:30 Saturday. The players meeting will be at Muni at 9:30 and the first round will begin at 10:00. There will be fruit (bananas,apples,oranges) and Krispy Kreme in the morning. We will also provide bottled water and plenty of water kegs during the rounds. Can drinks, water and tea will be available at lunch.

Open $40
All other pro divisions $35
All advanced divisions $30
Am men $25
Am women $20
Novice $20
Juniors $15

Everyone who signs up will get a t shirt. Also we have minis, pencils, stickers and a free raffle ticket (good throughout the day) to give out. Novice and junior divisions receive a dx disc for signing up. All juniors and am women will get something in the payout (top 1/3 still gets 100% payout), probably a premium disc. We don't mind losing money on those two divisions.

The advanced and am men winners win an innova sport basket. With the persistence of Phil and the donation from Key Chains, the am women will fight it out for a sport basket as well. Advanced master champion gets a minimum of a traveler basket (lets see if I can get ya'll an upgrade).

$$PRO DIVISIONS$$
In the past the open division has paid out in the 240% range. In the other pro divisions we added $25 for every sign up. This year we are going for at least 300% (you give us $40,we add $80) in open and at least 200% in pro women, masters, and grandmasters. This is the SMACKDOWN! You don't just play for your money here.

There is going to be free raffles (at least 6), ring of fires, basket throw off (traveler), ctp's, and other goodies. Scooter will be running the $1 basket throw off (skittles style) for a sport basket and have some nice disc in a $1 per ticket raffle.

Sponsorship is needed to cover shirts, belts, food, and the added money. $100 gets a nice size spot on the t shirt with your name or logo. $50 gets your name on the shirt about half the size of the $100 sponsor. $25 gets a tee sign. All $100-50 sponsors also get a tee sign and a shirt. Will also display banners and add business cards to players pack.

Disc for sale: Matto stamp- dx aviars, dx san marino roc, kc roc, kc aviar, cfr glo katana, cfr glo sidewinder, cfr teebird (only a couiple left), star vulcan, star archon, echo star destroyer, echo star boss, and some ultimate pulsars. On the way we have blizzard boss, blizzard destroyers, star wraiths, and kc glo aviars.
Smackdown 8 stamp- pro d challengers, elite z buzz, elite z ss buzz, elite z nuke, elite z avenger, crystal buzz, crystal avenger, glo buzz (2 left), glo nuke.

Anyone wanting to sign up or send sponsor money through the mail:

Michael Martin
4850 Emerald Dr. E.
Mobile, AL 36619
Make checks payable to Southside Disc Golf

Mike Martin
Re: Southside Smackdown VIII April 21
April 03, 2012 07:14PM
Good job Mike Martin !! You herd him ladies, let's not disappoint. We would love to have a large group of women to compete for the sports basket and the belt. Send a shout to all your female counter parts and tell em to lace up there boots and step into a smackdown. it's time to smack it up . Talk it up before ya get to mob town, cause this is where we lay the smackdown.

Phillip/ CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE SOUTHSIDE IS COOKING!!!
April 03, 2012 07:17PM
I'm pumped for the Smackdown! Always a top-notch tournament!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
April 03, 2012 08:39PM
Phillip/ Southside,
I had my heart set on playing this year, but Southwest Louisiana DGC is installing a course that weekend. These guys have worked their azz off trying to get DG rolling in the Lake Charles area! La Cote DGC Ragley is about 20 minutes form the course getting installed that weekend. I will be helping my friends over in Lake Charles.

Sorry to miss this again!!!! Good luck my friends!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
April 03, 2012 10:44PM
No problem Keith. We will be doing it again next year. Good luck with the new course.

Phillip/ Southside
April 03, 2012 11:48PM
Prior champion belt discounts available this year?

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
April 04, 2012 05:17AM
You wear your belt and we will pay your ace pot. Belt must be on person at sign ups. Wear your belt and walk like a champ. It's the Smackdown!!!

Phillip/ get ya smackdown right ova heea
April 04, 2012 02:00PM
Watch out the Pot of Gold Masters Champ may be in the house!!!!!!!!
April 05, 2012 10:33AM
Smackdown was my favorite tournament last year and am looking forward to coming back to avenge my DFL in Novice by not DFL-ing in AM.

Josh "The Saintuation" Price - DFL Extraordinaire

Public Relations for JUDGES
April 06, 2012 11:03AM
How can I get my hands on a CFR Teebird before they run out? Looking for something in the 168-172 range. Hit me up at thejoshuap2121@gmail.com

Josh "The Saintuation" Price - DFL Extraordinaire

Public Relations for JUDGES
April 06, 2012 12:59PM
I will put your name on one. Thanks for supporting the SMACKDOWN

Phillip/Southside
April 06, 2012 05:20PM
Hey puttisher, I was just informed we only have max weight in the CFR t birds. Do you still want me to hold ya one?

Phillip/ Southside
April 07, 2012 06:43PM
This will be my first tournament. I was wondering what prizes there will be for novice winners. Also, can I get a Southside Smackdown VIII Crystal Buzz the day of the tourney or do I need to get it before then?
April 08, 2012 07:30AM
Hey Puttisher, what is DFL?
April 08, 2012 08:16AM
Dead Effin Last.
April 08, 2012 09:51AM
We should have some crystal buzzes the day of the tourny, but I can put your name on one if ya want. Novice winners will receive a SMACKDOWN belt and merchandise.

Phillip/ Southside
April 08, 2012 10:24AM
Does the Junior winner get a belt too?

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
April 08, 2012 10:38AM
Yea they do!!
April 08, 2012 08:34PM
If you could put my name on one that would be sweet.
Tyler Madison
April 08, 2012 08:44PM
Also where do I pick it up, how much, and can I get it before the tourney starts?
Tyler Madison
April 08, 2012 08:55PM
$15 gets you one or two for $25. we are doing sign ups Friday before the tourny. We will be selling disc then and we we be at some tosses around town next couple of weeks . I will hold you one back Tyler.

Phillip/ Southside
April 09, 2012 05:23AM
I appreciate man. Looking forward to the SMACKDOWN!!
Tyler Madison "Slick"
April 09, 2012 05:50AM
Do I need to be there to sign up for the tourney on Friday the 20'th or can I just sign up and pay entry fee and all the,day of? Thanks for all your help.
Tyler Madison
HB1
April 09, 2012 09:04AM
I might actually make it this year now that's it's no longer on my anniversary weekend (wife was not having it-lol).
Working on the details, hope to see y'all there.
April 09, 2012 11:17AM
Tyler you can sign up sat morning. Hope ya make it HB.

Phillip/ Southside
April 10, 2012 08:35PM
go on and get my belt personalized. It is MINE

leo otto-matic
April 11, 2012 10:34AM
Southside,

I apologize in advance for not making it this year. I have a wedding I have to go to in Gulf Shores that day.
Just want to send a word of encouragement to all the Am Men... If you get to a point saturday when you feel like there is no more reason to keep pushing yourself to shoot a good round... Just keep in mind the main goal... Beat Bayne. Don't let points or prizes be your motivation. Just beat Bayne. Good Luck Buddeeeeee!

2011 Intermediate Howler Champ / Pot of Gold Runner Up
April 11, 2012 11:39AM
What are they doing about hole 7 & 8 @ South? They are pretty crappy. Hole 7 more so.
aj
April 11, 2012 02:28PM
can a novice play doubles?
April 11, 2012 04:33PM
I might just have to give Ams a shot for this one and try to get me one of them belts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013