Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD

Posted by RobbyHarris 
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
July 23, 2012 11:10AM
I meant to buy a dvd robby...how can i purchase one now?
July 23, 2012 11:31AM
Results emailed to John K. Yes Dustin you can still order one now.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 11:33AM by RobbyHarris.
July 23, 2012 04:42PM
I want to give Robby and Cassie Harris, Zac, Tony, and all of the TDGA a big THANK YOU!!!! We had a great time playing a very well run SNDC! I have seen the final numbers and they blew it out the water! (The 1st place advance team each won more than the 1st place PDGA world champion in advance.) All the places we went in Tupelo the people were friendly and smiling. The courses were challenging both from an endurance and disc golf stand point. We learned a lot this weekend about running the event for next year. I know it will be almost impossible to top this event , but I know Jacques, ADGA, and the Flight Club are going to give it their best effort.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 04:51PM by Keith Bodin.
July 23, 2012 04:56PM
Its a testament to the fine people of TDGA on how well everything was handled. First they took care of you health wise with an abundance of COLD water, and selected sites of shade and fresh bananas to combat heat and cramps. Even though the first day was a long two rounds on some grueling, hot, North Mississippi courses this old man made it as well as I could expect. They worked hard on making this a top notch payout for your SN championship, they sought out exposure through TV, print, the internet, and DVD productions to promote Disc Golf. I would like for other TD's to take note of how a tournament should be run. Even with a few unforeseen hiccups, the Tds were able to adapt and head these off before they became issues. In closing that is what I would like all to take away from this and that is we should truly appreciate those who take the time, the effort, and the heartache that comes with such an event. Thank you to all involved.
Anonymous User
July 23, 2012 06:20PM
NO Team would like to thank Tupelo for all the great hospitality at the 2012 SNDC!

Definitely a top-notch experience. I enjoyed all the little touches like the tape telling us not to play certain tee boxes, the free pizza, air conditioning and a big clean bathroom at the A pool players meeting, cold water (the TD even hiked up 17's fairway at BB2 to hand us a six-pack), scout spotters and scout disc swimmers, a DVD production, nice player packs and lots more. I even saw a story about the tournament on the 10 o'clock news Saturday night, that mentioned the Southern Nationals tournament series and likened it to the SEC of disc golf! That's got to be the greatest compliment to the SN ever made.

I even learned a little history while I was in town. Went to a gem of a little diner a block or two from the fairways of Veterans Park called Johnnies Drive In BBQ for lunch after the first round, and after dining on some excellent fixins I found out that Elvis Presley himself was a fan of the ROC!

Elvis used to sit at the table and say, "You know what? Forty years from now there's going to be a frisbee golf course right over there on that hill. And you know what they will call their frisbees then? An ROC. Mark my words! And I'm gonna sell 100 million records."

"Sure Elvis, whatever you say." But Elvis was right. He was always right, that Elvis.

I also got a visit from a poltergeist in room 307 of the LaQuinta, which I thought was kinda fun. First the poltergeist hid the TV remote in my bag and it took me 15 minutes to locate it. Then it opened my ice chest, but it wasn't able to take any of the beer at least. Later it threw my last clean pair of drawers into the toilet. The ride home was pungent. Who knew the hotel was haunted? Maybe it was a spirit from the Tupelo National Battlefield. I think the poltergeist may have followed me to the course now that I think about it, because it was knocking my putter out of the basket all day. You silly poltergeist!
Anonymous User
July 23, 2012 07:01PM
Bluff, that coulda been one of Gen. Sturgis men, still wandering in eternal unrest, after the whupping Sturgis got at Brice's Crossroads at Baldwyn, a few miles north of Tupelo. Gen'l Forrest outsmarted and outmaneuvered the Yank army in a battle still considered a classic in war colleges around the world.

On the other hand, isn't Poltergeist a potent, local craft brew in Tupelo? :>)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 07:03PM by bayouace.
July 23, 2012 08:42PM
Outstanding job Robby, the Harris family and all of Tupelo. It was a top notch event - well planned and well executed. Thanks for all of the hard work that went in to this tournament. It really showed.
July 24, 2012 12:04PM
Has anyone seen Rivers Disc Golf bag? He thinks he probably left it at the awards ceremony. There are just a bunch of old discs in it, but HE really likes them.
July 24, 2012 12:22PM
We have it. I spoke with him last night. We will be shipping it to him.

2011 Adv Points Champion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2012 12:24PM by RobbyHarris.
July 24, 2012 05:15PM
@ the harris family...You know there are always complaints...LOL IKR..just ask me..But as of now I dont have any in reguards to the tournament,that nobody complained about in the open..HEAT.....myself was greatful for both days rain free.no accidents./ incidents but one i know of.....NOW where this is going... in a few years from now...you have two sons and a baby girl... Im just wondering...how the hell you gonna caddy for all three of them...With Eli's 200ft plus bombs.hes gaining much experience, mini cooper.( i call him).and lil Mila....Save em some disc....and help keep on keeping on growing it up..maybe the time they are teenagers Tupelo will have to play 4 major courses in North MIssissippi to fit us all in......Just a few things I think about while being a pool guy.
......ANd thanks again for giving us the two days to play frisbee with our awesome friends.
@ the palmers......Prez Tony wife Vicki..I dont know how you all do it.. I guess the flick mcwraith pimp juice preston spoke of.. HA!!> thanks all tdga members for donating all your hard worked for money twice a week to build the bridges it took to make all this happen.....BOOM!! I am flick mcwraith and I approve this message.
July 24, 2012 05:51PM
[www.sndg.org]

Results are on the site, any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org

The first place in open men and women reflect the trophy cabinet (pictured below) won by each of those players (the value was placed at $625 by the TD)

Thanks to Robbie and Cassie and everyone invloved in any way with the 2012 SNDC!!! Thanks!!
JOhn k

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2012 05:54PM by John K.
July 25, 2012 05:56PM
pictures are posted on my facebook page!

team birdiemonster.com-bill tyler
July 27, 2012 10:19AM
.We would like to give 1 more HUGE THANKS to all of our sponsors:

Blue Canoe
Buffalo Wild Wings
Philips Garden Center
TDGA Members
TDGA
A Man & A Van
Abby Road North
Acadiana Disc Golf Associaiton
Bill McCarty
Cafe212
Columbus Disc Golf Association
Eat Sleep Disc
Dangerous Don Perkins
Danny and Renea Leach
Desoto Disc Golf Association
Full Blown Disc Golf
Grip Equipment
JUDGES
Justin Perry/Thomas Kelton
La Cote Disc Golf Course
Michael Fleming
Mississippi State Disc Golf Club
Norwood Trucking
O'Charleys
Paul Poland
Pickwick Disc Golf Association
Rafco Hardware and Mobile Home Supplies
Randy Sharp
Sky South
Sports Country
State Farm Robert Gaines
The Harris Family
The Powers Family
The Spott's Family
Tony and Vicki Palmer
Bud Hill
Cockrell Banana
Cory Bolen
Dustin Morris
John Kitrell
Hawkeye
Papa John's
Richard Flake
The Meyers Family

also:

TDGA
TDGA Members- ya'll are awesome. We have the best club around!
Randy Sharp and Hawkeye- Those trophies were amazing!
Everyone who helped get these courses looking the best they ever have
Everyone who donated water and ice
all co td's
Vicki and Chelsea Palmer
Jason Cross and Michael Russell who went above and beyond to help us.
Grip Equipment for makeing our ROF awesome!
Donna at Tombigbee for always helping us out
Tupelo Park and Rec
Tupelo Fire Department
The boy scouts who saved so many discs!!!!
Everyone who volunteered their time to help us in anyway

Robby Harris you did an amazing job! You deserve td of the year in every way!

We had a blast being a part of this and hope you all had a blast too! I will say it was hard to not be playing after sitting there watching all of you. LOL

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 10:50AM by CassieHarris.
July 28, 2012 08:59AM
I think the best thing about Robby being TD is how relaxed he seems and makes everyone feel. It's really nice not to be grilled with rule after rule after rule at the players meeting. Courses are always in great shape and there was water to spare, even in that 100* heat!! The Boy Scouts were saviors for sure (except for my vulcan, which obviously did not want to be found...), they were very friendly and super polite.
It's always fun to see everyone!
Thanks all!!
August 01, 2012 01:36AM
"I think the best thing about Robby being TD is how relaxed he seems and makes everyone feel." -lmeyers
I didn't recognize that quality in him.

BTW The results say Rivers & I won $255 each. We actually won $240 each. After gas $130, hotel $180, $100 entry fee + $12 ace pot+ $6 park fees on Sunday, & $100 (probably more) a piece for food & drinks for three days. That only put us down around $160 for the weekend. At the largest SN doubles tourney ever. & we only got beat by 1 team out of the 97 that played.

I have been trying to contain my extreme disappointment for the small payout, but I can't do it any longer. If the SN wants my continued support then they must do something about this epedimic affecting the payouts at thier championships. Someone in the SN needs to be responsible for making sure that the players actually benefit from all of the money raised for them in their name. I'm not even going to go in to the specifics about the cash because it would take to long. Just look at that list of $100+ sponsors. Much less the cash the SN sent them. Give me a break! Not make me broke. If you can't even cover the cost of your weekend when you only get beat by ONE team out of NINETY SEVEN in the annual end of the season championship tournament. That ties the attendance record. That you paid an $100 entry fee to play in. Then something has gone horribly wrong.
August 01, 2012 06:17AM
John k prob added the 15 to your payouts for trophies which were given to 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Sorry you went home unhappy.

2011 Adv Points Champion

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2012 06:54AM by RobbyHarris.
August 01, 2012 07:43AM
Let's check out the numbers in the open payout.

$1300 entry fees
$2240 paid out ( cash only, not counting players packs,etc)

$940.00 added

$1860.65 sent from SN.. looks like 50% of the SN money went to open alone.

That like 166% payout.

And no, you got beat by 1 team out of 13.

Did you attend the players party on Saturday night?
Did you recieve a players pack?
Did you drink any of the water on the courses?
Those things are not free...All the $100s of sponsorship went to pay for things like this . I understand that some think that every cent that is raised should go to pro payout. But there were 70 other teams there that wanted to reep their share of the benefits as well. I too am like Robby, I am sorry you went home unhappy.
August 01, 2012 08:46AM
It does seem a little low but with 13 teams, what do you expect? The disappointment should be the lack of pros that didn't show up and people bagging in advanced.

Well run tournament BTW.

......C
.T..////..B
....////
...//////////
........////
.......////
August 01, 2012 09:15AM
[www.sndg.org]

last years 1st place got less than $400.....
August 01, 2012 09:19AM
SNDC payouts in the Open division have been on a steady decline over the past several years. Hudd, you should probably check to see whom you are replying to when you talk about sponsors and where the money goes. Bernie is one of the people most apt to understand exactly how a tournament can be run with little to no sponsors and still have an awesome payout.
Anonymous User
August 01, 2012 09:27AM
Bernie, you didn't strike me as an idiot...until...

After gas $130 , really bro? Gas should of been around $90, under $100 for sure.
hotel $180, Tombigbee bunkhouse would of been under $20 entire weekend, also good motel 6 on McCullough blvd is 45$ a night, that's half the price you paid.
$100 entry fee
$12 ace pot optional, sorry you didn't ace, LOL
$6 park fees on Sunday, Robby said show them your receipt to get extra charges refunded, for someone crying about money and sure spending a lot of it you would of thought you would of got your $3 back!
$100 (probably more) a piece for food & drinks for three days How many beers you drink Friday night? LOL , did you use your SNDC discount for the food at the players party? Mickey D's does have a dollar menu for lunch you know, also Saturday night there was all the free hot pizza you could ask for.
we only got beat by 1 team out of the 97 that played I counted 13 teams in open, LOL

Did you really expect to drive from one of the furthest locations, drink all the beer you wanted Friday night, eat like a king, sleep in the most expensive hotel and come out ahead? Get real, this is disc golf, not ball golf.

Since you're such a praised TD with your stoplight series why don't you host the SNDC in 2014, if you start working on it now it might can compete with the 2012 SNDC...
Anonymous User
August 01, 2012 09:33AM
Really guys, complaining about the payouts?

It was the best players pack for any SNDC, and can compete with a SNAC players packs.
We had 28 CTPs on one course either for an Innova bag, or Innova bag straps
Possibly the best ring of fire the SN has ever seen

Most money was added to the open payout than any division. Pros didn't show up, only 13 teams. I know smaller tournaments who have MORE than that. What more do you guys want?
August 01, 2012 09:50AM
Hobbit, It is what it is.... numbers don't lie. I could care less who I have replied to. Hate to bust your bubble but I've ran many tournies without a penny of sponsorship money myself.. Not my first rodeo. I put a brief sumation of the money out there to be seen since there was a complaint about how much was paid out. No doubt that Bernie's payouts are fat..but without any sponsorship there is only one way to generate a fat pro payout....Again, sorry you went away unhappy.
August 01, 2012 09:55AM
Gas for us to come from S. Louisiana was 160.00 for us......Bernie got off cheap for 130.00.

[www.facebook.com]
Anonymous User
August 01, 2012 10:05AM
I figured 275 miles, 14 gallons x 2 @ 19 miles per gallon @ avg 3.50 per gallon... just sayin, could be wrong.
August 01, 2012 10:05AM
[www.youtube.com]

Evidently yall didn't follow these tips.
August 01, 2012 10:23AM
Im going to agree with Dillon, gas should have been the biggest concern. Im sure you know plenty of people that live close to the Tupelo area that you could've crashed at their house or you could've even slept in the bunkhouses like many other people. And you only paid $50, unless you paid for the whole entry fee (the players pack was worth about $60 or more, that is if you wouldn't have waited til the last minute to sign up)

Mississippi State Disc Golf
August 01, 2012 10:26AM
Those guys need subtitles........WTH did he say?!?!?!

[www.facebook.com]
August 01, 2012 10:29AM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I figured 275 miles, 14 gallons x 2 @ 19 miles per
> gallon @ avg 3.50 per gallon... just sayin, could
> be wrong.

14 gallons?!?! That don't but me past 1/2 tank. LOL 386 miles 1 way for us from my house, the guys from Lafayette had another 1.5 hours to go when I got home.

[www.facebook.com]
August 01, 2012 10:46AM
You never know...they might have rode in a hybrid. =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013