Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD

Posted by RobbyHarris 
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 01, 2012 10:53AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I figured 275 miles, 14 gallons x 2 @ 19 miles
> per
> > gallon @ avg 3.50 per gallon... just sayin,
> could
> > be wrong.
>
> 14 gallons?!?! That don't but me past 1/2 tank.
> LOL 386 miles 1 way for us from my house, the
> guys from Lafayette had another 1.5 hours to go
> when I got home.


Yea the trip from lafayette is a little bit farther than the trip from mobile lol. Y'all probably did spend $130 or more on gas. But if you spend $130 to go from mobile and back, then your only getting about 7 mpg. Thats worse gas mileage than a Hummer.

Mississippi State Disc Golf
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 01, 2012 02:19PM
I am sorry that Mr. Sawyer did not have a good time at the SNDC. I thought it was a well put together and well ran tournament. I am sure I am not the only one so I will speak for myself. I was out $200.00 of my own money over the 3 days, so this SNDC could be all it could be, and I did not play. So that would have been $200.00 less in the over all payout just in my part alone. So if you are that unhappy and ungrateful for the hard work that was done so you could have a good time or not in your case, then please return a percentage of my money!

And keep in mind not everything is perfect, and if it was then the turn out would have been less a few because there would have been nothing from them to complain about.

Ronnie McCoy
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 01, 2012 06:19PM
BERNIE Wrote:
>
> BTW The results say Rivers & I won $255 each. We
> actually won $240 each. After gas $130, hotel
> $180, $100 entry fee + $12 ace pot+ $6 park fees
> on Sunday, & $100 (probably more) a piece for food
> & drinks for three days. That only put us down
> around $160 for the weekend. At the largest SN
> doubles tourney ever. & we only got beat by 1 team
> out of the 97 that played.
>
> I have been trying to contain my extreme
> disappointment for the small payout, but I can't
> do it any longer. If the SN wants my continued
> support then they must do something about this
> epedimic affecting the payouts at thier
> championships. Someone in the SN needs to be
> responsible for making sure that the players
> actually benefit from all of the money raised for
> them in their name. I'm not even going to go in to
> the specifics about the cash because it would take
> to long. Just look at that list of $100+ sponsors.
> Much less the cash the SN sent them. Give me a
> break! Not make me broke. If you can't even cover
> the cost of your weekend when you only get beat by
> ONE team out of NINETY SEVEN in the annual end of
> the season championship tournament. That ties the
> attendance record. That you paid an $100 entry fee
> to play in. Then something has gone horribly
> wrong.


I'm the new guy, constantly looking to learn so I'll ask ya a couple questions. . . . You played pro, pro had 13 teams, not 97, to say you beat 96 teams is kinda silly IMO, you're only competing against teams in your division, otherwise, why have more than one division!!! I'd like to see how you'd like to have seen the payouts done. I truly believe you brought up a valid point from the original payout schedule. It as noted and changed. That said, how much more can you honestly expect from 13 teams???? If you truly think the payout was poor, TALK other teams into showing up and going PRO!!!!! If there had been 50 other pro teams, then you can bet the payout woulda been better. Again, you played in a 13 team tourney, didn't win and made money doing something that's supposed to be fun!!! All in all, I'd say not a bad weekend!!!!
Anonymous User
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 01, 2012 07:24PM
Keith, I have no doubt in your figures on cost to fill your 'lanche up. Glad you guys could make it. How much money did you lose Keith, yall didn't cash, might as well complain how much $ you're out, hell even include your sponsorship $, LOL
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 01, 2012 07:28PM
The weekend cost me about 500.00, no wee didn't cash, but I can not think of a better way to spend that money.....disc golf to me is release from my job....

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 01, 2012 07:33PM
I will say the jackazz that runs trace state park is lucky he live up there and not down here or he would be,crab bait! My only problem all weekend was that azzhole! I hope he read this also!

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 02, 2012 12:28AM
That wasn't the only problem you had Keith. What about all the jackholes driving 60 in the fast lane? LOL I have not one complaint about this years doubles other than my own game not coming together until after we played Vets. I had fun playing with and seeing my SN Disc Golf Family.
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 12:38PM
I do realize that there were only 13 OPEN teams, but the other 96 teams did pay an entry fee. & we only got beat by 1 of them. No? & there was somewhere in the neighborhood of $5,000-$6,000 in added cash without the entry fees. Not to mention the 80-100% profit made off of EVERY entry fee in non-pro divisions. Who supplied the prizes? Because they made out very well that weekend. Much better than anyone who played in the tourney. & of course I am not saying the people running the tourney shouldn't get something for thier troubles. I just don't appreciate them portraying the image that the players benefitted the most from all of all of these things. Because that just isn't true. Water & bananas do not cost that much!!!

& why was the payout changed multiple times? Were they just trying to test the waters? Find out how little they could give us without causing to much of a rucuss? It should have been prettty cut & dried. This is how much money we have. This is what we are doing with it.

& no I didn't go to the player's party. Even though I am not one who would generally miss a party. I & others agreed that it would be best if I didn't. Since the TD was such a turd when I questioned the payout. I didn't want to go to the party & risk having another altercation with the TD. I did hear that everyone had a good time. Which is always good to hear.

& BTW I never said that I didn't have a good time. I enjoyed the courses very much. As far as I can tell Tupelo has the best compilatipn of courses in Misssisssippi. Trace Gold is a fine example of the direction Disc Golf course design needs to be moving. I also thought that the Blue Canoe was a fine spot for the Friday night festivities. Good food, good music, & lots of games.

The ONLY thing I had a problem with was the payout that was posted after the first round & the way the TD handled it when he was questioned about it. A player should have the right to know where his/her money is going. Shouldn't they?
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 01:41PM
First off you jumped on my grill with an attitude demanding answers while I'm busy counting scores & getting everything ready to move to the next round...told you the payout would be looked at & reason in the end it looked like that was because payout for pro was accidentally written by what each player got instead of by team. You left then came back again with another lame attitude so I let you see what my attitude looked like and you didn't like it very much. If out of 194 players only 1 complaint by a guy who saw my bad side is the only complaint we got then I chalk this one up to be a success. Especially when your partner himself calls the day after and expresses how happy he was with everything & sham...the guy who beat you by that stroke says it's in his top 5 of all time. So I'm sorry I didn't steal from the am payout & give to a pro team who beat 12 pro teams like you did when you ran the city of mobile doubles "championships" and gave the am team who beat 31 other teams $300!!! There I've vented & am done with this guy.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 01:54PM
Ps- if you had went to the party & stayed for the biggest ring of fire ever maybe you wouldn't be sayn we made a killn when in reality our club made about 300 bucks.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 02:28PM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First off you jumped on my grill with an attitude
> demanding answers while I'm busy counting scores &
> getting everything ready to move to the next
> round...told you the payout would be looked at &
> reason in the end it looked like that was because
> payout for pro was accidentally written by what
> each player got instead of by team. You left then
> came back again with another lame attitude so I
> let you see what my attitude looked like and you
> didn't like it very much. If out of 194 players
> only 1 complaint by a guy who saw my bad side is
> the only complaint we got then I chalk this one up
> to be a success. Especially when your partner
> himself calls the day after and expresses how
> happy he was with everything & sham...the guy who
> beat you by that stroke says it's in his top 5 of
> all time. So I'm sorry I didn't steal from the am
> payout & give to a pro team who beat 12 pro teams
> like you did when you ran the city of mobile
> doubles "championships" and gave the am team who
> beat 31 other teams $300!!! There I've vented & am
> done with this guy.

I didn't, "jump on your grill." Robby. The fact is that Shane & Sham had just come in & said nearly the same thing I did about the payout. & you were obviously already irritated when I came in. So you "vented" on me then too. Are you proud of yourself for the way you handled that situation? How about your smart mouthed completely incorrect comment about how I didn't actually win the tourney the year before in Jackson? You actually shocked me so much with that one that I had to take a minute to reevaluate whether you were correct. Was that necessary? What positive outcome could possibly have been accomplished by that? BTW everyone on your staff came up & apologized or expressed some type of regret for the way you handled the situation. EVERYONE BUT YOU. Not that it matters now, but the only one of us that handled that situation poorly was you. & everyone but you seems to realize that. I was just looking for some answers. Which I didn't get. & when you told me to "GO AWAY" I did.

& good luck finding an AM to complain about any of my payouts.
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 02:32PM
I was there when Shane apologized to robby to. Did you? You also handled the situation poorly by posting it on here.
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 02:43PM
If any of my staff apologized to you then that's between you and them...i for one am not apologizing to you because i dont think i have a reason to. I was not irritated by Shane, myself and Shane handled it well if u ask him im sure he will say the same. If you didn't have an attitude why did rivers call me the following Monday apologizing for you? But whatever bro, its in the past & I'm not gonna dwell on what 1 PERSON thinks, have a good one BERNIE.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 02:54PM
OK man. You are entitled to your opinion. & so am I. Not that I expected you to take responsibility for your actions anyway.

BTW Rivers didn't call & apologize. He called to thank you for finding his bag. & I did confirm that. The whole situation was unecessary. Hopefully we can agree on that. If not so be it. The past is the past. Live & learn. Thats all any of us can do.

You have a good one to Robby. Over & out.
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 02:55PM
BERNIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I didn't, "jump on your grill." Robby. The fact is
> that Shane & Sham had just come in & said nearly
> the same thing I did about the payout. & you were
> obviously already irritated when I came in. So you
> "vented" on me then too. Are you proud of yourself
> for the way you handled that situation? How about
> your smart mouthed completely incorrect comment
> about how I didn't actually win the tourney the
> year before in Jackson? You actually shocked me so
> much with that one that I had to take a minute to
> reevaluate whether you were correct. Was that
> necessary?
What positive outcome could possibly
> have been accomplished by that? BTW everyone on
> your staff came up & apologized or expressed some
> type of regret for the way you handled the
> situation. EVERYONE BUT YOU. Not that it matters
> now, but the only one of us that handled that
> situation poorly was you. & everyone but you seems
> to realize that. I was just looking for some
> answers. Which I didn't get. & when you told me to
> "GO AWAY" I did.
>
> & good luck finding an AM to complain about any of
> my payouts.


As far as the year before in Jackson goes, I took ownership in that and told you during that entire conversation that I pulled up the year before last sndc instead of last years from Jackson and that is why he didn't see your name.
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 03:04PM
Actually rivers did call about his bag now that you say that but during the conversation did apologize for Bernie because he "knows he can be obnoxious sometimes" but it's all good I'm not a thief or a liar maybe an azzhole @ times but who's perfect.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 03:18PM
ME Robby ;)
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 03:20PM
Ur a redhead too matt lol

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 03:33PM
It happens
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 05:17PM
OK now I have to say this.....I was apart of Robby's staff and I did not apologize to anyone for anything. When we were taking Sunday you asked me about getting your payout early so you could leave, you had me to ask so you did not have to talk to the TD yourself I told you then "I am in no way apologizing for anyone but the hole thing could have been avoided if you would have left after the first time the TD told you the problem would be looked into and fixed before the second round was over. But you had to keep coming back not once but 3 times before you were asked to go away".
I will go as far to say this and hope I am not out of line, even an off duty police officer that was in the building at the time said that you were out of line for coming back 3 time after you were told it would be looked at and fixed by the end of the second round, and to take into consideration of the timing of when all this took place the TD handled it very well!

Now this brings me to one question so I might can have a better understanding. From reading the post it reads that you feel that your division should have gotten some of the payout from other division and added to yours? So that's my question is that what your saying?
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 08:24PM
I'm kinda suprised this thread hasn't been moved to the private discussion

Mississippi State Disc Golf
Anonymous User
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 09:10PM
Bernie I made it from Tupelo to Destin on exactly 50$ , premium gas, $3.60 a gallon, 358 miles, opposed to 275 miles to Tupelo/Mobile.

Also, big deal, payout was written first in a non traditional way, then corrected.
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 03, 2012 11:30PM
BERNIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do realize that there were only 13 OPEN teams,
> but the other 96 teams did pay an entry fee. & we
> only got beat by 1 of them. No? & there was
> somewhere in the neighborhood of $5,000-$6,000 in
> added cash without the entry fees. Not to mention
> the 80-100% profit made off of EVERY entry fee in
> non-pro divisions. Who supplied the prizes?
> Because they made out very well that weekend. Much
> better than anyone who played in the tourney. & of
> course I am not saying the people running the
> tourney shouldn't get something for thier
> troubles. I just don't appreciate them portraying
> the image that the players benefitted the most
> from all of all of these things. Because that just
> isn't true. Water & bananas do not cost that
> much!!!
>
> & why was the payout changed multiple times? Were
> they just trying to test the waters? Find out how
> little they could give us without causing to much
> of a rucuss? It should have been prettty cut &
> dried. This is how much money we have. This is
> what we are doing with it.
>
> & no I didn't go to the player's party. Even
> though I am not one who would generally miss a
> party. I & others agreed that it would be best if
> I didn't. Since the TD was such a turd when I
> questioned the payout. I didn't want to go to the
> party & risk having another altercation with the
> TD. I did hear that everyone had a good time.
> Which is always good to hear.
>
> & BTW I never said that I didn't have a good time.
> I enjoyed the courses very much. As far as I can
> tell Tupelo has the best compilatipn of courses in
> Misssisssippi. Trace Gold is a fine example of the
> direction Disc Golf course design needs to be
> moving. I also thought that the Blue Canoe was a
> fine spot for the Friday night festivities. Good
> food, good music, & lots of games.
>
> The ONLY thing I had a problem with was the payout
> that was posted after the first round & the way
> the TD handled it when he was questioned about it.
> A player should have the right to know where
> his/her money is going. Shouldn't they?
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 06, 2012 03:59AM
R.McCoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK now I have to say this.....I was apart of
> Robby's staff and I did not apologize to anyone
> for anything. When we were taking Sunday you
> asked me about getting your payout early so you
> could leave, you had me to ask so you did not have
> to talk to the TD yourself I told you then "I am
> in no way apologizing for anyone but the hole
> thing could have been avoided if you would have
> left after the first time the TD told you the
> problem would be looked into and fixed before the
> second round was over. But you had to keep coming
> back not once but 3 times before you were asked to
> go away".
> I will go as far to say this and hope I am not
> out of line, even an off duty police officer that
> was in the building at the time said that you were
> out of line for coming back 3 time after you were
> told it would be looked at and fixed by the end of
> the second round, and to take into consideration
> of the timing of when all this took place the TD
> handled it very well!
>
> Now this brings me to one question so I might can
> have a better understanding. From reading the post
> it reads that you feel that your division should
> have gotten some of the payout from other division
> and added to yours? So that's my question is that
> what your saying?
Anonymous User
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 06, 2012 11:08AM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bernie I made it from Tupelo to Destin on exactly
> 50$ , premium gas, $3.60 a gallon, 358 miles,
> opposed to 275 miles to Tupelo/Mobile.
>
> Also, big deal, payout was written first in a non
> traditional way, then corrected.
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 06, 2012 11:31AM
Seems like we are going in circles lol
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 06, 2012 11:34AM
[www.youtube.com]

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 06, 2012 05:05PM
I normally just sit back and read this stuff and laugh at everyone for the nonsense they post on here. Many of you may not even know who i am but i just wanted to say that everyone needs to sit down and put things into perspective a little bit here. This is a Disc Golf Tournament not The End of the World. I drove from Little Rock, AR (240+ miles) and came in dead last place in the open division. AND I WOULD HAPPILY DO IT AGAIN!!!....why you ask....I dont win alot of tournaments (judge that however you want to) but i play this game for the fun of it because i love to play it not because i think i will make a big pay day.

Bernie you and i get along and your partner for this tournament (Rivers) is hands down one of my favorites to play a round with because of the calmness he brings to any round of golf. Bernie you are a leader in the disc golf community you are in as well as the one that is growing around you and sometimes that means you have to bite your tongue and take it easy. This is something that I am still learning being the president of the DSDGA (Diamond State Disc Golf Association) and man is it hard to do sometimes. Now i have played in the open division for sometime now (sometimes succesful and sometimes not) but i have to say that it totally shocks me to see how some people handle situations. It totally blindsighted me when i pulled up in the parking lot after shooting a not so good round to see you walking up to every open player that was around complaining about the payout......which is why i drove off when you started in with me about it. Handle it behind closed doors please.....no need to call anyone out for a mistake they made.....just give them the opportunity to fix it the best way they can.

Veterans to the game like you and I need to realize the example we have to set for everyone else. After all when all the old school guys are gone its going to be guys like you and i that have to step up and take the bull by the horns (sorry im a late bloomer). How we handle these issues when they occur could define how others handle it when it happens (and it will happen again.....because it always does .....because nobody is perfect).

Robby, i have no conmplaints about the tournament i had a blast and thank you very much for the hospitality you and all of Tupelo showed me and the guys from Little Rock. Please continue to help the sport grow. I know i will and i know Bernie will too.

James Lecy
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 06, 2012 05:13PM
^^^^^Well done James!

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: THE 2012 SNDC JULY21-22 TUPELO, MS OFFICIAL THREAD
August 07, 2012 06:25AM
well said by the " best @#$%& disc golfer in Arkansas"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013