Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2012 SN CUP FINANCES

Posted by sand2bass2 
2012 SN CUP FINANCES
May 03, 2012 12:21PM
Income:

*Entry fees - $3300
*Team sponsorships - $300
*SN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 12:26PM by sand2bass2.
Re: 2012 SN CUP FINANCES
May 03, 2012 12:25PM
Expenses Breakdown:

Players Packs
May 03, 2012 12:26PM
Not sure what happened there....
May 03, 2012 12:27PM
Income

*Entry fees - $3300
*SN
May 03, 2012 12:29PM
Expenses Breakdown

Players Packs
May 03, 2012 12:30PM
I don't get it....

I can't seem to paste what I have copied.
May 03, 2012 01:11PM
Income:

*Entry fees - $3300
*SN
May 03, 2012 01:12PM
Well I give up....
May 03, 2012 07:59PM
really??? i spent over 6 hours uploading pictures from the tournament and didn't charge a dime,for the love of the sport.....you spent like less then a hour and you giving that easy?come on tony you are better then that.

team birdiemonster.com-bill tyler
May 03, 2012 09:51PM
I didn't mean for good.

Just for the time being.

I had to go to work.

We will get the issue fixed though, don't worry.

Just bare with me....
May 03, 2012 11:10PM
If you're trying to post with a lot of quotation marks, apostrophes, etc. it messes up for some reason. I've run into the same problem before.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
May 03, 2012 11:15PM
Yeah, there is quite a lot of punctuation. I guess that is the problem.

Going to send it to Eric tomorrow and see if he can get it done.
May 04, 2012 09:38AM
delete the apostrophies when copying and pasting......glitch in the matrix

JOhn k
May 04, 2012 01:42PM
Income:

Entry fees - $3300
Team sponsorships - $300
SN sponsorship - $200
Cup fundraiser tournies - $185
Business sponsors - $1350

Total Income - $5335

Expenses:

Cash Payout - $2000
Players Packs - $1650 (66 - Rampage & tee-shirt)
Gold Medals - $220
CTPs - $150
Trophy - $600 (includes cost of shipping)
Volunteer Packs - $300 (20 people received rampage and shirt at wholesale cost)
Volunteer Rewards - $60
Sponsors shirts - $65 (10 shirts at wholesale cost)
Disc Golf Trivia - $90
Club/course fees - $132 ($2 per player)
Yellow Rope (#17) - $55
pop up tent (putting station) - $95
hotel for 2 nights - $150
bottled water & coke banners - $50
basket sleeves (4 x $25) - $100
sprinkler head covers (7 x $8) - $56
concrete (7 bags x $3) - $21
dry/erase board - $30

Total Expenses - $5824

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 01:46PM by sand2bass2.
May 04, 2012 01:49PM
Expenses Breakdown:

(Players Packs) 66 players received a rampage disc and a shirt at a total RETAIL value of $25. $15 for the disc and $10 for the teeshirt.

(Gold Medals) 22 gold medals were awarded at a cost of $10 each.

(CTPs) 5 CTPs were awarded at an average RETAIL cost of $30 each. Every winner had a choice of (2) items consisting of discs, shirts and hats.

(Volunteer Packs) ALL volunteers (20) received a rampage disc and tourney shirt at a WHOLESALE value of $15.

(Volunteer Rewards) 3 drawings were done to reward the volunteers for their efforts. 2 of the items awarded were sponsored for free and the 3rd item was a SkillShot portable basket which I received at the WHOLESALE cost of $60.

(Sponsors Shirts) All local business sponsors will receive a tourney shirt for their patronage to our great sport valued at the WHOLESALE cost of $6.50 each.

(Disc golf Trivia) Saturday night at the players party we played trivia and the winning team will be awarded $90 ($15 for each player on the team.)

(Yellow Rope) This was used to tighten up the fairway on hole #17 making it much more challenging, giving the players a small taste of what the Winthrop Gold course is like. 1000 foot of rope.

(Pop Up Tent) This was used for the putting station to keep the volunteers and players out of the direct sun. The area where this was set up has absolutely no shade and I wasnt going to expect my volunteers to bake in the sun.

(Hotel) I do not live in Columbia and was not about to drive back and forth to Hattiesburg to put this event on, therefore this was necessary.

(Water & Banners) We had to purchase half of the bottled water (other half was free) from Coke in order to get the banners sponsored for free and I felt like this was a fair deal.

(Basket Sleeves) In order to keep our players out of a low-lying, flooded and mosquito infested area of the course, I set up 3 temp holes which required new sleeves to be purchased. The 4th sleeve was used on one of the 2 putting stations.

(Sprinkler Head Covers) When installing new basket sleeves that are not used permanently, I always encase them with a sprinkler head cover to protect the sleeve when it is not being used. 3 were purchased for the new temp holes, 2 for the putting station baskets, and 2 for accuracy station #4 (1 for the basket and 1 for the PVC ring).

(Concrete) All sleeves mentioned above have to be concreted in so that they can be used at a future time.

(Dry/Erase Board) This was purchased to display the results at the party and after the 3rd round. Since this is a points type tourney a simple leaderboard would not suffice.

In most cities a lot of this stuff could have been purchased out of a club fund, but unfortunately the sport is new to Columbia and we have no club fund established yet. Therefore all these necessities were purchased with the sponsor money that I (by myself) secured.

Some might say that this stuff should have come out of my pocket, but I live check to check as a bartender/server and do not make the kind of money that some people do. I could not afford to buy all this stuff myself!!

Taking 3 days off from work (yes, I work weekends) to pull this event off hurt my wallet plenty enough, so I am sorry if you feel like these things should have been bought by me.

The great news is that we will not have to buy any of this stuff for next years CUP which will reduce our expenses and in turn will boost the payout tremendously!

I hope this satisfies all the people who somehow thought they got ripped off. ..

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 02:00PM by sand2bass2.
May 04, 2012 02:00PM
WHEW!!! Finally!!
Anonymous User
May 04, 2012 09:27PM
May 05, 2012 05:09PM
I thought the trophy was to be brought back each year for the Next years winners.. I guess not being's Team Mobile Paid for it, is that what your saying Tony.

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
May 05, 2012 05:20PM
Quote: sand2bass2:
(Hotel) I do not live in Columbia and was not about to drive back and forth to Hattiesburg to put this event on, therefore this was necessary.

Interesting...It's less than an hour trip I thought.
May 05, 2012 05:36PM
This reminds me of the government......

May 05, 2012 05:37PM
Tony makes it appear he went in the hole $500, but as we all know that isn't the case, lol.

Tony you'd make a great magician, smoke and mirrors.
Anonymous User
May 05, 2012 05:43PM
It's 34 miles from Hattiesburg to Columbia. So $150 for under 120 miles in two days? Wow.

How come gas for traveling isn't listed? Lol
May 05, 2012 07:03PM
Team Mobile didn't pay for anything!! Are you kidding me???

The trophy cost $600 and therefore must be reflected in the payout, no matter what. It is not coming out of my pocket, so it came out of the sponsor money. Not your entry fees. There was more than a 100% payout for the tourney, so obviously you don't know what your talking about. Can you not crunch the numbers yourself and see that there was more paid out, than was taken in entry fees???

If ya'll want to keep the dang trophy it will not hurt my feelings one bit. I did it for the entire Southen Nationals so you can explain it to next year's winner when they have no trophy.

I am done with all this BS!

I've posted what I needed to post to prove there was no money taken from ya'll. If you cannot see that you got more than your money's worth in payouts, players packs and other shwag, then you just don't understand how tourney payouts work and should try running one yourself.

As of now all you haters can kiss my you know what and post on these threads all you want. I will not be reading any of it anymore and most def will not be posting. Good bye!!

TB
May 05, 2012 08:06PM
Wow.. Good job Tony!

Don't worry SN family, the Cup will return next year.. Up for grabs :D

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
May 05, 2012 08:14PM
Hogman!

May 06, 2012 06:50AM
Volunteer Packs - $300 (20 people received rampage and shirt at wholesale cost ( AND THEY al$o got rewards???)

Players Packs - $1650 (66 - Rampage & tee-shirt

so from your wholesale numbers we see that roughly 750 was made on the PP's :) although this is the norm, but good TD's put that money right back in the event....

And why in the world would anyone order a 600.00 dollar trophy?? You got a reciept for this??

I could go on, but I know how events work so these numbers do add up based on the current state of DG.

May 06, 2012 06:52PM
This is one of the reasons my interest in posting is waining....Tony is criticized for not posting the finances and then criticized when he does (from players that weren't even there). There are the ungrateful few that make running tournaments no fun....

JOhn k
May 06, 2012 08:39PM
thank you john!!!! sooooooooooo sad; tony thanks for all your hard work.
May 07, 2012 06:09AM
John K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is one of the reasons my interest in posting
> is waining....Tony is criticized for not posting
> the finances and then criticized when he does
> (from players that weren't even there). There are
> the ungrateful few that make running tournaments
> no fun....
>
> JOhn k

JK, only addressing what could have made the players unhappy! I also mentioned that he did nothing wrong as DG has been this way for years. As for the 600 dollar trophy, I have never seen a DG trophy that nice :) And its not like I have not run events, just pointing out some do things differently.

And why shouldn't the SN have open discussions?? It SHOULD help to improve future events :)))))))) Ungrateful, lmao....

Anonymous User
May 07, 2012 08:32PM
Aw, we made John have a sad.

John do you realize that the winning team gets taxed $600 for the trophy this year, and they have to give it back? So next year "allegedly" the winning team won't have to pay anything for the trophy. It's simply not very fair that the 2012 winners have to foot the bill for all the teams that come after them.

I would have said that earlier but I thought it was glaringly obvious. But then again we are dealing with disc golfers.

And I put "allegedly" in quotes because with the comedic history of the SN Cup, I totally expect more monkey business next year. I suggest changing the name of this event to the SN Team Follies. Oh but I do love the comedy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2012 08:35PM by Bluff Magee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013