Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wall Doxey Rumble in the Jungle - Sept. 22 & 23

Posted by Gary Wagoner 
Re: Wall Doxey Rumble in the Jungle - Sept. 22 & 23
August 07, 2012 01:51PM
He didn't tell you about it all going to the Senior Citizen division! Oh well, it will be fun anyway.
August 09, 2012 08:13AM
Not to worry, Thomas. Everyone will share in the money with no special consideration for the geezers. Sponsorship money will pay for everyone's park fee ($3) and SNDG fee ($2). The Am divisions will receive 100% of their entry fees in the value of trophies, players packs and prize merchandise. Sponsorship money will first pay for skins and tournament expenses. If no one donates anything for CTPs and Ring of Fire, then sponsorship money will pay for that as well. The remainder will go to the pro purses with the payout weighted to the highest entry fees.

Gary Wagoner
August 09, 2012 08:24AM
I would like to thank Five Star Plumbing for their $100 sponsorship. 5 Star is a small company out of Olive Branch, MS. When the water line at my house broke on my side of the meter this is who I called. The guy worked till dark, I set up halogen lights and he worked until my water service was restored. I considered his price very reasonable. If you need a really good plumber call 901-734-0961. As for Billy and say that I recommended him.

Gary Wagoner
August 09, 2012 08:29AM
Gary, great explanation of the use of sponsorship monies....very cut and dry
August 09, 2012 11:41AM
I'm just hacking on you a little Gary. You're doing a fine job and I'm looking forward it!
August 14, 2012 08:20AM
I would like to thank Askew Hargraves Harcourt & Associates, Inc. for their $50 sponsorship. A2H is a multi-discipline engineering firm that offers a complete range design professional services under one roof. They do a lot of government work, roads, bridges, etc., as well as private projects large and small.

Gary Wagoner
August 16, 2012 06:48AM
I would like to thank ANF Architects for their $100 sponsorship. ANFA is one of the largest architectural firms in Memphis. Their practice includes commercial, medical, industrial, educational and hospitality work. Their projects include the FedEx Main Screening Building, CBU School of Business, Pink Palace Museum renovations and Sams Town Hotel and Gambling Hall.

Gary Wagoner
August 19, 2012 10:16AM
Please see Work Day information on Discussion Forum.

Gary Wagoner
August 21, 2012 06:53AM
I would like to thank Wright Property Management for their $100 sponsorship. WPM takes care of the maintenance, taxes, assessments, utilities, landscaping, pest control and other common services for the Home Owner's Associations of 25 condominium complexes in Memphis.

Gary Wagoner
August 22, 2012 06:01PM
Attention, Senior Grand Masters,

Wall Doxey is a rather short course and well suited to the "Great" Grand Masters Division. There were 7 of us at the Bud Hill tournament (don't worry, my score on the Ridge was a fluke and is unlikely to happen again). If any of you older guys want to send me some sponsorship money and stipulate that it can only be used for the Senior Grand Masters payout, then that is where it will go.

Gary Wagoner
August 23, 2012 06:36AM
I would like to thank Chad Stewart & Associates for their $100 sponsorship. CSA is a structural engineering firm located in Millington, TN. They are know for coming up with innovative solutions to thorny problems and have some of the latest software for 3D modeling and analysis of structural elements.

Gary Wagoner
August 27, 2012 08:15AM
I would like to thank David Dunham, Byron Wood, Marc Darby and Doo Rag for braving the rain and helping to put both courses in good condition.

Gary Wagoner
August 27, 2012 02:00PM
Man, I feel bad - worked on the house on Saturday coz I figured you guys would not be there in the rain.....

PROPS to Gary and the Volunteer course crew......Nice WORK fellas!! Griff
August 28, 2012 09:50AM
I would like to thank Design Specialties & Construction, Inc. for their $100 sponsorship. Design Specialties is a small contractor specializing in tenant fit out projects although they are quite capable of ground up construction. For years they did most of the interior work at the Memphis Airport Terminal.

Gary Wagoner
August 29, 2012 04:42PM
The course looks great! Played it today and it will make this tournament more fun how good it looks.
August 29, 2012 10:09PM
cody, the people you saw there today aren't qualifyed..LOL ..so how you gonna beat a non qulified player??
August 30, 2012 10:05PM
What? Im not even playing this tournament lol.
August 31, 2012 05:41PM
I would like to thank A W Parker, P.C. for their $100 sponsorship. Wes does tax returns but more than that, he is an Enrolled Agent. That means he can represent his clients directly to the IRS to negotiate reduced tax liability, extended payment plans and other ways to get the government off your back. Wes will also be providing mini marker discs for the Amateur player packs. If you need your taxes done give him a call at 901-794-3528.

Gary Wagoner
September 10, 2012 10:21AM
I would like to thank Savage Brothers, Inc. for their $100 sponsorship. Savage Bros are a specialty contractor that focuses on coatings, waterproofing, masonry and concrete restoration. Their work is excellent. If you have a leaking wall, basement or parking garage deck give them a call a 901-363-1036.

Gary Wagoner
September 10, 2012 01:34PM
With less than 2 weeks to go before the tournament I have exactly 3 ams pre-registered. For those waiting until the last minute the last minute is closer than you think. The absolute last day for me to get your check is Wednesday 9/19. That is because the checks are coming to my home. Thursday I will go to work and take the money from the bank next door for the event. I will leave for Wall Doxey Friday morning. That means that any checks that are delivered Thursday 9/20 will be too late to put in the bank or cash. If you choose to wait until Monday 9/17 to mail in your entry fee be prepared to register with cash on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Please do not show up at the registration table wanting to write a check. I hope everyone understands this.

I have it on good authority that the ticks and chiggers are ferocious. Everyone should bring a can of insect repellent and apply it liberally. Remove your shoes and spray your socks and then your shoes along with your belt line and all exposed areas of skin. Staying in the the fairways will also help. It is also advisable to spray your bag. Put it on the ground unsprayed and chiggers will hitch a ride to your clothes.

The campsites on road 21 through 32 are filling up fast. I have relocated from 28 to 23 so that is where I will be during the week end. If you want to camp on the "Disc Golf" street make your campsite reservations now.

The tournament discs have arrived and they look great. Remember, only the first 50 ams will receive a players pack which will include, at a minimum, a tournament disc, two disposable tooth brushes, a custom mini and a Discraft decal.

Kevin "Landman" Land, of Meeman Roc Run fame, has agreed to head up the Safari Six event. Those of you who were there last year will remember what a great job he did. Riley Chambers will be conducting the Ring of Fire. I have not found anyone to cook lunch Saturday and the Park does not provide that service anymore, so you are on your own for Saturday lunch.

There is a now chill in the morning air so, barring rain, the weather should be perfect for camping.

Gary Wagoner
September 11, 2012 08:18AM
I would like to thank EZ Cash for their $50 sponsorship. EZ Cash provides payday and title loans and located at 180 Stateline Rd. in Southaven, MS. If you need a little money to get you past the car repair or other unexpected expense, give them at call at 901-280-1070.

Gary Wagoner
September 11, 2012 08:27AM
I'm ready! Gonna make reservations in the next few days.
September 11, 2012 12:29PM
Hay how about it how many pgms are going to come to wall doxey.......

RANDEYE
pdga#7250
September 12, 2012 01:14PM
probably be there
September 13, 2012 08:39AM
Danny and Harvey will be there
September 17, 2012 02:19PM
This weekend!!! The weather forcast is good. The Pro payouts ought to be great. So who else will be there?

Gary Wagoner
September 17, 2012 04:13PM
I will be there
September 18, 2012 03:37PM
Gary, Don't forget to put me back a tourney disc! I hope to see you at the Fall Classic in October. Best of luck with the Rumble!
September 19, 2012 06:39AM
The weekend weather forecast is lows in the 50s and 60s with highs in the 70s and 80s. No rain. This ought to be perfect weather for camping and disc golf. I will be down early on Friday so come by campsite 23 and register. Look for the neon palm trees.

Bill, I plan to be at the Fall Classic, but I will put your disc in the care of Mr. McCarty who will see you before I do.

Gary Wagoner
September 19, 2012 10:38AM
Gary,
Now that we are days away, do you know if the Bunk Houses will be available? (I am not bringing 7 folks.....)

THanks....BPG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013