Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

South Mississippi Doubles Championship, August 11th

Posted by Eric Day 
South Mississippi Doubles Championship, August 11th
June 14, 2012 01:19AM
Singing River Disc Golf Association Presents, South Mississippi Doubles Championship

Join us August 11th at IG Levy park in Pascagoula, MS for the greatest doubles event on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

We will be playing on a restored IG Levy disc golf course . We plan on ordering shirts and possibly hot stamp disc for a players pack for the first 50 teams, more info to come on player packs as soon as I know more.

2 rounds of 18 holes (+ temps if needed).
2 round of best shot format

1st round 10am IG Levy - Best Shot format
2nd round 1 hour after last card

Registration Time 8:00am- 9:15am near Hole #1 at IG Levy
Players Meeting 9:30am

Disc Golf Course - I G Levy Pascagoula MS
TD's Chris Grace

Contact info.
Chris 228-627-8068 chrisgrace24@hotmail.com,

Entry Fees Per Division
Pro Men (MPO) $90 per team
Pro Women (FPO) $90 per team
Pro Master (MPM) $90 per team
Pro Master Women (FPM) $90 per team
Advanced (MA1) $70 per team
Adv Master (MM1) $70 per team
Adv Women (FW1) $60 per team
Am Men (MA2) $60 per team
Am Women (FW2) $60 per team
Novice (MA3) $50 per team
Juniors (MJ2) $50 per team
Other Divisions Offered - Will open division if at least 3 teams are
present

***Sign ups, Players meeting and Awards will be done at IG Levy in Pascagoula.***

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 08:40PM by Eric Day.
Re: South Mississippi Doubles Championship, August 11th
June 14, 2012 01:48AM
We will need Your help so we can make this event a great one.

We are asking for Hole and Tshirt sponsors

Hole Sponsor $25, Hole sponsors will have have there Name, Club, Business, or whatever You would like (keep it family friendly) posted at the Teebox of one of our beautiful holes for all to see. You don't want to miss out on this great promoting opportunity!

But it gets even better if you upgrade to the Tshirt sponsorship!!!!
For the low price of $50 we will put not only put your name and/or logo on our wonderful shirts giving you unlimited advertising, but we will combine it with a hole sponsorship for no extra cost!!!

Take advantage of this great opportunity and buy a 2nd sponsor package for a friend or loved one. This will make for a great Birthday, Christmas, or even Anniversary gift. I assure you they will never forget it.

Hurry while supplies last as we have less then 50 remaining. If you can't get through on you first attempt keep trying, Our line are busy with all the excited callers and We will be with You as soon as possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2012 04:41PM by Eric Day.
June 15, 2012 10:44AM
That's pretty cool you guys have a course at I.G. Levy. I grew up in Pascagoula in one of the neighborhoods right next to the park. It would be cool to play in this one but I won't know for a little bit. Trying to get into the SNAC.
Tyler Madison
July 01, 2012 10:50AM
Is this only at IG now. I heard Mike Smith said it was going to be to Hot to run a tournament on that day so he pulled out? Just wondering whats going on?
July 01, 2012 12:47PM
Too hot?? Wow, that's pretty dumb. If you can't take the heat, stay off the golf course.
July 01, 2012 11:41PM
It is going to be held at I.G. Levy only now and we are going to add some holes in the soccer field.
July 02, 2012 07:46AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to try and make this one.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
July 03, 2012 04:50PM
Info has been edited, as said before it will now only be at IG Levy. Also I was asked to adjust price per div's. So as of now don't go by the scheduel page, use prices listed on this page.

If there are any questions contact Chris or Pm me. I will do my best at answering asap, but I am out of town and away from the world of internet most of the time.

I'll will do my best to help Chris into making this an event not me be missed. Please come out an support this growing club.

We are still in need of sponsors as well!!!
July 05, 2012 10:45PM
Too Hot????? ummm,ok,
i dont have the time to dedicate to hosting a good tourn at this time, and Chris and his guys need this date so i figured the right thing to do is to let them have it. i also will help Chris and Eric and friends anyway they need. So i hope it turns out to be a great tournament!!!
July 06, 2012 08:06AM
Schedule page has been updated with the info posted above...

JOhn k
July 06, 2012 04:08PM
Thank You John.

Mike, When I get back down South Im gonna make a run out to IG, I might need help setting up some temp holes. If Chris already has then set up then I'll just take that Bag tag from ya ;)
July 08, 2012 09:16PM
I hope people show for this tournament. A few of the members travel to alot of tournaments in Al, La, Ms, & Fl to support disc golf. We are trying to get more people to come and play at this park. For people who have never played at this park you are in for a wide variety of holes. There are water holes, wooded holes, open holes, short holes and long holes. The course is being well maintained. We just hope the Southern National Nation will come and support a new club as well as a not-so-well-known beautiful course.
July 08, 2012 11:23PM
cmon Eric, its here for the taking!!!
hopefully me and Chuck will be done with Hiller Park by then. its gonna be an awesome course!
July 13, 2012 09:40AM
Pilfering other people's efforts and "taking credit where credit is due," is a serious offence. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ain't that right Mikey. . . . . . . . . . . Isn't it Chuck and I? Chuck was the one that set up the meeting. Chuck proposed the course. Chuck is the primary creator? Right, Right! You should watch "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" w/ Simon Pegg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2012 09:50AM by DemAmazins.
July 13, 2012 10:15AM
Is the I.G. Levy course the same laid out course that was there before Katrinia?
July 13, 2012 10:48AM
Slightly changed, I'm not the one to ask though. There are some more knowledgeable individuals that can fill u in on its changes.
Anonymous User
July 13, 2012 05:15PM
Eric Day Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> We will be playing on a restored IG Levy disc
> golf course .

Better get to work then. It would be a great course if the tees were actually marked. Especially Hole 1. You'd think Hole 1 would have a tee sign at least.

I hadn't played IG Levy in years but it was a good challenge yesterday. The holes are great, if you can find them...at least half the tee signs are missing.

The layout is almost the same as pre-Katrina.
July 13, 2012 11:18PM
Hey Kernan, from what I know they have tee signs, or post. However they are waiting to put them in the ground thanks to kids pulling them out and taking them.... I really don't know alot about the course, I am just trying to help these guys out the best I can. From talking with them it sounds like they are going to be
more then ready by tournament time.
Anonymous User
July 14, 2012 07:48PM
Well that's all good, just wanted to say that so I would have an excuse to talk about lighting a fire under someone, and then post this picture

like wow man, trippy stuff

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 08:01PM by Bluff Magee.
July 16, 2012 10:51PM
Here are directions to IG Levy Park in Pascagoula, Ms for out of towners who would like to check out the course. Take exit 69/Hwy 63 off of I-10. Go South about 5 miles until you come to Hwy 90 (a big intersection). Turn right on to Hwy 90. Turn left at your third red light which should be Chicot Road. Take your first left at Nathan Hale (about 50 yards). Go about 100 yards and turn right into IG Levy Park. Park in the parking lot on your right. Take the sidewalk that goes on the left side of the science building and follow it past the childrens play park on right towards the restrooms. Hole #1's teebox is just before the restrooms on the small mound. The basket for Hole #1 is straight ahead facing the backstop in the middle of the field under 3 trees. Hole #2's Teebox will be directly to your left of the #1's basket. Monday thru Friday the Science building is open and usually has score cards and a layout of the course. The layout is close for most holes but should give you a good enough layout to find them all. If anyone is interested in playing during the week in the afternoons, I will be glad to play with you and show you the course. My name is Mike Bennett. My cell number is 228-366-0105. I get off at 5 and am only 10 minutes from the park.
July 17, 2012 12:51PM
Bkaa. Biloxi Disc Golf. Yeah.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2012 01:17PM by DemAmazins.
July 21, 2012 10:08PM
The triple six format usually keeps the attendance down. Just saying....people seemed to reject it. I like the course....really do, but have become bored with devil golf.
May try to make it.

Jmart
July 23, 2012 07:54PM
any word yet on the player packs???
July 23, 2012 08:06PM
Last news I got from Chris is He is having the Shirts done next week. That's all that I know right now.
July 23, 2012 10:31PM
Thank you for supporting next year's SNDC tourney!

July 26, 2012 04:42AM
mobz Wrote:
> The triple six format usually keeps the attendance
> down. Just saying....people seemed to reject it. I
> like the course....really do, but have become
> bored with devil golf.
> May try to make it.
>
> Jmart

Couldn't have said it better myself
July 28, 2012 07:23PM
Went And played ig levy today whats up with know tee signs or anything just about impossable to navigate
July 29, 2012 09:40PM
YOUR 2013 SNDC wants to give away free entry fee into next year's doubles championships to the winners of one division at this event.

Check out this thread for the details.

Eric or Chris, please reply and let me know which division you want to offer this to.
August 03, 2012 03:50PM
Codey-faircloth Wrote:
> Went And played ig levy today whats up with know
> tee signs or anything just about impossable to
> navigate

Hey dumbass next time your in town call your boy up and I will meet you out there bro and it is very impossible if you never been there.
August 05, 2012 08:38PM
Are u playing there this weekend any one else playing ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013