Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HPD Presents 1st Annual Doubles - Hamilton, AL 8/11/12

Posted by Par54WhereAreYou? 
Re: HPD Presents 1st Annual Doubles - Hamilton, AL 8/11/12
August 14, 2012 06:01AM
Ethan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This was definitely a fun tournament. I always
> love playing doubles. The best part of the
> tournament is when Robby threw a tomahawk on hole
> 6 and then he caught it before it hit the
> ground... now how many times have you caught your
> drive? lol

now we could've left that one off of here LOL. Was pretty hilarious though lmao.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
August 14, 2012 06:37AM
Pro pads sucked,bottom line... I hate hole 6 with a passion, then having to try to run up and do a DILLON flick..I almost sprained my wrist trying NOT to hit the little stump sticking up.
August 14, 2012 09:06AM
Wow. I didn't mean to start a pile on over the pro pad locations... HA! Obviously there was a mix-up when they were laid out. Live and learn. Seems this is an easy fix for future events. The main point was that Aggieland has potential to be a great course with a few tweaks. My opinions were meant as constructive criticism, not bashing the course. Hopefully they are taken as such.

Joey - Thanks for the info. I figured that might be the case. I know it's a balancing act to get a course in a public park. Compromises always have to be made. Are holes 3 and 6 on AFC land? Addressing those two holes would make a big difference. As for hole 10, removing just a few trees that are 4-6" dia. or less would also be a huge help in creating a bit more reasonable fairway. Maybe that can be discussed with them at the appropriate time. 6" in dia. seems to be the threshold for tree removal with most park systems.

Disc golf courses in public parks are always a work in progress so I hope Aggieland will continue to be fine tuned to reach it's potential! Look forward to getting another shot at it... one round from each tees just wasn't enough to find the good lines on many of the holes. That one's on me for not getting in a proper practice round...

Marshall
Anonymous User
August 14, 2012 05:06PM
I'll be at every tournament on this course.
August 14, 2012 11:52PM
Thanks Dillon , we will make them better for next time. Pro tees were supposed to be marked but day of tourney I found they were not. So my fought I marked them at the last minute so if I hadn't u would not known where a lot of them were
August 16, 2012 05:23AM
Par54WhereAreYou? Wrote:
> $1080 raised.
>
> I will try to get the results posted this evening.

?

2011 Adv Points Champion
August 16, 2012 08:08AM
As the original designer of this course, I agree with the potential that this course has. I have stressed since the day we started it that if they would focus on getting the pads(ams/pros)concreted and signed it would be one of the best courses in N. Alabama. I have no idea which position the baskets were in for this tourney and not sure of the pro placements that were used. The original layout would have been near perfect if the pro tees would have been concreted instead of moving the pins. As for the problems with 3, 6, and 10. 3 was fine in the old position, the new position has made it impossible to birdie, so if it was moved back, then yes it is too hard, especially from the pros. And it is to close too 4's pro tee with a walkout back into the fairway after the putt(the biggest personal pet peeve of any course is to have to walk back down a fairway after the putt). 6 is what every course needs, a monster hole. I had originally planned to have more trees cut but I understand the forestry commissions stance. I still think in the original pin placement from ams/pros it is a good hole. It is hard and can really mess up your round but I par it now as much as I bogey it, You can't try for the bird as the hole will make you pay for it. If in the new pin it too has a walkout, even worse than 3's. 10 is the worst hole on the course and quite frankly my personal nemesis hole and I look forward to the challenge. It was not part of the original design and added after the original layout was done. We were able to make 17 longer by adding it but perhaps to the course's demise. This hole is in the backyard of the of the F.Comm. so any cutting here is a really bad idea. I mean they get paid to preserve trees/forests. Again, like 6 and 3, in the original pin placement and original tees this hole, though hard, is a good par. I don't par it often but feel really great when I do as it is very challenging. As for the park, you have to commend Larry Armstrong(P&R director) for embracing this sport and diving head first into it. This course is always beautiful and mowed like a ball golf course. I think the biggest hindrence in the growth of this course and the DG scene in general there is the lack of an association to get all of these opinions looked at and handled. I have met with several people and have encouraged this but to my knowledge it is still a work in progress. I love this course, the town, and the P&R staff. If I lived there I would head the club up personally. Unfortunately I don't live there and make it over there 1-2 per month for work and that's it.
fsn
August 16, 2012 12:04PM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
> Par54WhereAreYou? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > $1080 raised.
> >
> > I will try to get the results posted this
> evening.
>
>
> ?

still looking for those results ...
ESP
August 16, 2012 04:15PM
results? anyone? HELLO? KNOCK knock? AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAA!!! THEY ARE MINE ALL MINE!! THE PRECIOUS RESULTS ARE MINE!!!!
jcb
August 17, 2012 01:23PM
Since everyone is talking about the course, I would also suggest to NOT PAINT THE TEE BOXES,it makes them very slick! Don't know where they came up with that genius idea.
August 20, 2012 01:56PM
What about the results? ????? Cmon sn.
ESP
August 21, 2012 01:45PM
Really guys cmon? There is about to be another tournament here and 2wks later still no RESULTS?! THEY MUST BE HANGING OUT WITH THE PRO TEES? AHAHAHHAHAHAAHA!!! Seriously though. RESULTS?
August 22, 2012 07:05PM
Results????????????????????
Anonymous User
August 22, 2012 08:32PM
Drum roll please...

RESULTS?
August 22, 2012 11:23PM
This is starting to look like another Desoto county freeze out, lost results...

Mississippi State Disc Golf
August 23, 2012 07:06AM
I heard the results said Nick and brandon won advanced and john k knew that couldn't be correct results so he is waiting for the real results.
August 23, 2012 07:52AM
clayton and philley got 1st in open and me and Hunter got 2nd. I believe robby and ethan was tied for 3rd with someone.
August 23, 2012 08:36AM
Good one Chip. LOL We are going to try for another one in Pensacola. You going?
August 23, 2012 08:55AM
Same week as tupelo.
August 23, 2012 10:53AM
You still need to sell me that bag.
August 24, 2012 07:52PM
Almost two weeks and still no results...

August 25, 2012 05:58AM
Bill is usually really good about getting the results up the day of....Hope nothing is wrong.
August 29, 2012 12:12PM

August 30, 2012 06:46AM
?????????? Really?

2011 Adv Points Champion
September 02, 2012 08:48AM
Looks like the HPD needs to put out an APB on the TD who is AWOL from the SN!
September 03, 2012 08:49AM
He posted on fb telling the Cullman group about a mini. I would think it would take just as long to send results.
Anonymous User
September 03, 2012 06:00PM
I sent him a message on FB saying we were waiting.
September 03, 2012 08:06PM
I text him last week....he sent john message asking how he wants it set up.
September 03, 2012 09:27PM
dustin morris Wrote:
> I text him last week....he sent john message
> asking how he wants it set up.

thats the same thing he told me in a PM

September 03, 2012 10:32PM
Did he also TD the Desoto County Freeze Out? ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013