Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mango Classic 2012

Posted by The Parker 
Mango Classic 2012
July 27, 2012 09:59AM
Mango Disc Golf is excited about hosting the 2nd annual Mango Classic 2012

The tournament will be held October 13th & 14th, 2012, in Pensacola, Florida @ BAP (Blue Angel Disc Golf Park Complex) 2100 Bronson Rd, Pensacola, FL

The Mango Classic 2012 is a PDGA B-Tier, a SN Qualifier, and NPC Qualifier. Team Mango is trying to add $10,000 to the event and feel confident that goal will be reached. At the time of this post we are at $4,450.00. Up to date tournament info and updates can be found on the event website Offical Mango Classic 2012 Information Page Mango Classic 2012 Official Info Page

TD is Steve Hollis, Destin, Florida
Asst TD Kurt Lampkin, Durango Colorado
Asst TD Mike Kernan, New Orleans, Louisiana
Asst TD Ken Keller, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Asst TD Luke Hambleton, Fort Walton Beach, Florida

Mango Disc Golf is giving away a FREE Innova Pro DiscCatcher basket that you can win AND do not need to be present. Visit any of our sponsors in person or online and support them for supporting our tournament. Save your receipt(s) - scan and email them to themangoclassic at gmail.com or fax them to (850) 243-6408 to be entered. We will draw a name at the Mango Classic and announce the winner. Only one entry per day per sponsor - Shop everyday and increase your chances to win the basket. Current sponsors and discounts are on the event web page.Offical Mango Classic 2012 Information Page Mango Classic 2012 Official Info Page

We will have other raffles, the traditional ace pot entries, and we will pick out one hole on the course that if aced will payout $5000. More details about this at players meeting.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to leave include your name, a phone number, and email address. If you are not at the event to claim your basket we will ship it to you but you will be responsible for the shipping cost.

If you are interested or know someone who might be interested in supporting this event please let us know. We have posted a simple script to use to get a sponsor in your area for you to support and earn more entries for your chance to win the Innova Pro DiscCatcher (bottom of the page). Offical Mango Classic 2012 Information Page Mango Classic 2012 Official Info Page

Entry Fees posted below include the non-member PDGA fees, $2 SN fees, $2 NPC fees and you can sign up on the PDGA website PDGA (PDGA Tour - Event Schedules and Results - October - Mango Classic)

Current PDGA members will pay $10 less

Pro Open Men $85
Pro Master Men $75
Pro Grandmaster Men $75
Pro Sr. Grandmaster Men $70

Pro Open Women $85
Pro Master Women $75
Pro Grandmaster Women $75

Advanced Men $65
Advanced Master Men $65
Advanced Grandmaster Men $65
Advanced Sr Grandmaster Men $65

Intermediate Men $55
Recreational Men $50

Advanced Women $65
Advanced Master Women $65
Intermediate Women $55
Recreational Women $50

Junior Boys 19 and under $45
Junior Girls 19 and under $45

All players other than any Pro division will receive a players pack. All Players will receive at least one tournament shirt. Players Packs will be at least equal or greater than the entry fee.

Tournament Format to be decided at a later date. All Players except Open Men and Open Women will play 3

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 10:06AM by The Parker.
Mango Classic 2012
July 27, 2012 10:07AM
Tournament Format to be decided at a later date. All Players except Open Men and Open Women will play 3½ rounds. Open Players will play 4 rounds with the final 18 being specially selected holes. Sunday’s round for all divisions except the Open Divisions will start one hour before to give you time to watch the Open players play their final round.

Lunch will be available at the course on both days.

Players Party will be held on Saturday night 1 hour after last card turned in onsite at the BAP waterfront pavilion. We will have distance, ring of fires, DDC (double disc court) at that time.

Sponsorships: We will ask your SN help in addition to those who chose to take advantage to the sponsorship program for the event mentioned above for the Innova Pro DiscCatcher basket at a later time.

For more information email us at themangoclassic at gmail.com PM or call me @ (850) 830-5496

Thank You, Team Mango @ Mango Disc Golf

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 10:09AM by The Parker.
Re: Mango Classic 2012
July 30, 2012 10:38AM
Trailers @ Blue Angel

There are 10 trailers left for the Mango Classic. Here is the info to reserve.

Call (850) 453-9435 and mention the Mango Classic. You will need a credit card to reserve, the card will not be charged unless you give them permission to do so or you do not cancel 48 hours prior and do not show, in that case you will be billed for one night. You can pay by cash, personal check, money order or on the card. There is a $50 damage/cleaning deposit that they ask you do put on a credit card so the refund can be done quickly. Only 10 trailers left - please post here or PM me so we can keep the number of available trailers current here. No smoking in the trailers, and no pets. Check in is after 2pm and check out is 11 am.

There are also cabins, tent and RV availability. Rates are on the Mango Classic web page - see link above.

We are working very hard right now to make this a great event, hope to see all of you there.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 01, 2012 09:54PM
Going to be awesome! Mark it on your calendars!

A lot of hard work is going into this two and a half months before. We are looking to put on a great tourney in P'cola.

Hope to see you there. Got Mango?
August 15, 2012 08:31AM
8 trailers left

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 16, 2012 12:39PM
Love the sponsorship ideas Steve!

Sounds like it will be off the chain!
August 16, 2012 03:29PM
tony u gonna make it; i hope.
August 16, 2012 09:54PM
Man I wish I could say I was for sure but I am at a burned out point right now and am not touring for a while....

No doubt this event will be a success though...
August 19, 2012 03:09PM
i understand; tony hope you can make it.
August 20, 2012 09:43AM
Online sign ups at the PDGA web site are going strong. We have registered players from Colorado to the West - Atlanta to the North - and Tallahassee to our South. As one of the TD's I would hope that we will be full but also hope that none of my SN friends get left out. Remember that there will be no sign ups day of event! Looking forward to a great event and hope to see all of you there!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 28, 2012 05:14PM
Will there be a list of players posted
August 29, 2012 02:19PM
Yes - Once we get a bit closer to the event we will publish a list of players. Registration is open and players are signing up but there is plenty of room still, we encourage people to get registered. We have spent over $10,000 buying players pack materials - you will not want to miss this event. I have also heard that all of the cabins at BAP have been rented.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 05, 2012 08:23AM
Here are three ways to register for the 2012 Mango Classic:

You will want to include the following information: Name, Division, PDGA #, Shirt size for all non- Pro divisions

Register at PDGA website

PayPal - youcan32541 at yahoo.com (pay the fee on your end - amount received must equal the total entry fee)

Snail mail: must be received before October 10, 2012

Steve Hollis
221 Santa Rosa Blvd
Ft Walton Beach FL 32548

The amounts include the $10 PDGA fee for non-members, if you are a current PDGA member subtract $10 from these amounts

Open $85
Master $75
Grand Master $75
Senior Grand Master $70

Advanced $65
Advanced Master $65
Advanced Grand Master $65
Advanced Senior Grand Master $65
Intermediate $55
Recreational $50
Juniors (19 and under) $45

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 11, 2012 09:10AM
One month away -

We want to give you a basket or silver or entries into next years Mango Classic and Free Hotel for the event.
Support our Sponsors and be entered into the Raffle to win. This is one huge way you can help us raise more
money for next years event. Mango Classic 2012 info

A big thanks to Mike Parrish from Mobile, Al for stepping up to cater the Players Party

Look for BBQ pulled pork, jambalaya w/ sausage and chicken, cole slaw, and bread. Remember it will be at the
BAP pavilion on the water right after Saturdays rounds. Mike has Mango!!

But for this year: Can you help?

SPONSORSHIP LEVELS

HOLE SPONSOR - $40
Tournament Disc or Tournament Dri-fit, Tee sign on one Hole, Name on Tournament Website, Program Mention

LEVEL 1 SHIRT SPONSOR - $100
Name on Tournament Shirts, one Tournament Disc, one Tee Sign,
Tournament Dri-fit and Program Mention, Name on Tournament Website

SCORECARD SPONSOR - $150
Company logo on back of Scorecards for one course, Name on Tournament Shirts, one Tournament Disc, one Tee Sign,
Tournament Dri-fit and Program Mention, Name on Tournament Website

LEVEL 2 SHIRT SPONSOR - $250
Company Logo on Tournament Shirts and Name Listed on Website, two Tournament Discs, two Tee Signs, Tournament Dri-fit and Large Program Mention, Name on Tournament Website

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 11, 2012 09:12AM
Registered Players

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 13, 2012 10:22PM
Devan Owens
Paige Pierce

^^ boom.. big guns starting to sign up!
September 14, 2012 05:31PM
Thank you Dangerous Don Perkins for your support!

Can anyone else help?

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 17, 2012 08:40AM
Thank you - KC Carpentry LLC for your sponsorship!

We would like to leave the 10,000 we raised in the payouts. Anyone else able to help?
Less than a month away to the Classic- final date to get on the shirts will be the 5th of October.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 17, 2012 12:20PM
If you are not a friend of Mango Disc Golf on Facebook join us for news about the Classic and Mango Disc Golf.

Getting alot of mail from the touring pros - I have been putting them up in condos but I may run out of space. Anyone that might have an extra room PM me if you are able to host some of them. If needed we will contact you with a list of players (in order of your PM's) to choose from to stay with you. My guess would be Sunday or Monday arrival - they will be moving to BAP on Friday.

(3) cabins left - (5) trailers left

Still looking for sponsorships from our SN family... let me know if you can help.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 18, 2012 08:38PM
Reigning world champion has signed up! Paul mcBeth, devan owens, paige pierce, and brittany blair have all signed up! Going great so far, things are coming together. Here's a tentative schedule:

Tentative Schedule:
Friday October 12, 2012
3:30 PM to 5:00 PM: Sign-up and Check-In
No other sign ups!

Saturday October 13
8:00 AM to 9:15 AM: Check-In
9:30 Player
September 25, 2012 10:13AM
10 days left - to get on the tee shirts. Hard to believe that there are only two SN sponsorships. Hope some of you have been thinking about helping.

All Advanced divisions (1st place) will win a travel basket!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 25, 2012 11:51AM
We are having a club meeting tomorrow, so I will bring up sponsorship then :-)

nice looking players list thus far!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
September 26, 2012 10:42PM
My entry should be there soon Steve:-) cant wait for this event:-)
September 27, 2012 11:38PM
I'll be sending my entry fee this Wednesday coming. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making new ones on my birthday weekend.
September 28, 2012 09:53AM
Current Registration of Players

Recognize any of these players?

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 28, 2012 03:56PM
Here's the schedule of the courses that everybody will play:

Pool A-Open Pro, Open Women, Pro Masters
Pool B- Pro Grandmasters,Pro Senior Grandmasters, Advanced Men, Advanced Women
Pool C- Am Men, Adv Masters, Adv Grandmasters, Am Women, Recreational, Junior

Pool A- All Pro Tees
Pool B-All Pro Tees except Pro Sr Grandmasters who will play all shorts
Pool C- All Shorts

Round 1
Pool A- Palmetto
Pool B-Oaks
Pool C- Pines

Round 2
Pool A- Oaks
Pool B- Pines
Pool C- Palmetto

Round 3
Pool A- Pines
Pool B- Palmetto
Pool C-Oaks

Got Mango?
Man we have the big names already signing up. Come meet David Feldberg, Paul Mcbeth, Devan Owens, Ricky Wysocki, Matt O, Cam Colglazier, and Paul Oman
September 28, 2012 07:22PM
I'm trying to work in a Whataburger sponsorship for the tournament. My sister is meeting with CEO of operations tonight and I ask her to mention the tournament and the caliber of players that will be attending the event to see if Whataburger would be interested in some form of sponsorship. Don't know what will come of it all but we are trying :-}
September 29, 2012 10:44AM
Hi Steve,

The Emerald Coast Disc Golf Club is in for the $100 Sponsorship level.
You have always been very supportive of our efforts. Giving a little back, is the least we can do.

I apologize for taking so long to make the decision.

Do you need a logo from us for the shirt?

Let me know,
Matt Davenport

Big thanks go out to Gator John Briscoe for the idea/push to sponsor the Mango Classic 2012.
September 29, 2012 02:25PM
Thank you Matt, John and the ECDGC. Means alot to me that you guys have sponsored the event. I do not have a logo - pm-ed you my email address, send me one you would like us to use.

Thanks-

Anyone else able to help? Two weeks from today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

September 30, 2012 06:42AM
Oh yeah Socki Bomb has signed up oh yeah this is going to be EPIC!!!!:-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013