Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mango Classic 2012

Posted by The Parker 
Re: Mango Classic 2012
September 30, 2012 07:51AM
5 pm clinic on Friday w/ Dave Feldberg, Ricky Wyscoki & Paul Oman

2pm Pro/Am Military Doubles...

5 days left to be onshirts - Anyone?

Will S is also in - Another dozen have called or emailed for info, we are just getting started!
Anyone that might not be playing and want to caddy? PM me!

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
October 01, 2012 03:46PM
Will you still offer a division if less than 3 sign up? In particular juniors? Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
October 02, 2012 07:06AM
Where can I find the list of sponsors? I searched the thread and the website with no luck.

Can't wait to play at BAP, again!
October 02, 2012 03:32PM
It is under the subtitle Mango Sponsors. I dont know the answer to the 3 to a field. I will ask.
October 02, 2012 04:15PM
Luke H. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is under the subtitle Mango Sponsors. I dont
> know the answer to the 3 to a field. I will ask.

Thanks Luke... Syd is thinking of playing and I didn't know if she should reg in juniors or try and put a whooping on the am ladies : )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
October 03, 2012 11:02AM
3 to a division - BUT sure we can make an exception for Sydney!

Only 10 days to register - Remember No Saturday Sign-ups.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

October 03, 2012 12:23PM
ARE THERE GOING TO BE ANY SHIRTS FOR SALE AT THE TOURNEY?
October 03, 2012 04:09PM
Yes, i believe we will have extra shirts printed. I do not know the price though. They will be at tournament central.
October 03, 2012 07:30PM
My registration is now paid. Can't hardly wait till next weekend. Going to be a blast playing in this one.
October 05, 2012 09:21AM
Mango would like to thank the ONE disc golf club from the SN that sponsored the Mango Classic - Emerald Coast Disc Golf Club form Pensacola.
Also the two SN Players - Dangerous Don Perkins and KC Heckathorn. Mango Disc Golf is a bit disappointed that more of you were unable to help ... not that anyone cares but us.

One week left to sign up - hope to see you there! Huge selection of Disc's and the Shirts look great!

No Trailers left - and there is a wait for two that are down. There are 5 cabins left, plenty of RV, and tent spaces. I may have one trailer available - PM me if you might be interested in taking it should know by Wed if it is available.

For those that have PM and asked about the possiblity of Saturday registration because you will not have the $$ until you get paid Friday... We are having a meeting next Monday and I will bring it up for a vote.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 09:23AM by The Parker.
October 05, 2012 08:54PM
i just registared via the PDGA website for Adv Grand Master division.... I'm looking forward to this, thanks Steve for all the hard work that you and your team have up into the great event... also a PM has been sent your way Steve...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
October 05, 2012 09:48PM
steve if you have an extra trailer bernie wants it; also we are playing in the morn. if you can make it; courses are looking awesome; k.c. smoothie and the crew are killin it.
Anonymous User
October 05, 2012 10:05PM

Well it seems that there is not enough BUZZZZ being generated about this here 2012 Mango Classic so....

It is now confirmed that at least $6,000.00 is being added to the Open Division!!!

YES, HE SAID $6,000.00 !!!! If Bluff Magee is using exclamation points, you know it's good! Did you know that 3 of the top 4 highest rated players in the WORLD are signed up already? The 4th guy, he's from Sweden. If Sweden wasn't 10,000 kilometers away he would be here!

But that's not all! How about at least $1,000.00 added to the Pro Women's Division!!!

Oh my...can I get a BOOYAH???

Thanks Cramer!

And just for extra fun there is going to be at least $500 added to Pro Masters and $500 added to Pro Grandmasters!!! Come on all you old guys, get signed up. I know you don't want to let me win all that loot in the Masters, because I will just use it to buy another keyboard from which to reap further untold destruction upon the disc golf world.

This is just for starters! Details of the huge amateur division players packs will be released by the end of the weekend. Plus more details on the Players' Party Saturday night and more...STAY TUNED Y'ALL, the Mango Classic is BLOWING UP!!!

October 06, 2012 05:15PM
Nice post, Bluff. You've inspired me.

I just signed up. According to the pdga mango classic 2012 sign up page, I'm only the 60th person signed up.
Thought there would be more interest in this one.

Where y'all at?

Heck, I'm just hoping I can find the stamina for a two day tourney. I believe this will be my first.

Come on Advanced Masters, Matt D's playing. Since I've got a lock on last place, you've got nothin' to lose. lol

BRING IT!
October 06, 2012 09:56PM
I really hate to agree with Bluff. I'm really having a hard time understanding why this event isn't being talked as much as it should be, with all these World class players attending. Not to mention the MONEY being added. And only 60 registered player a week away????? Come on guys this isn't your everyday run of the meal tournament, get with it.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2012 08:39AM
Don't forget that the Mango Classic is also having a raffle for a beautiful Innova Discatcher Pro Portable Basket (and other prizes)that you don't have to be present to win!

Details for the raffle are linked here:

[www.sndg.org]
October 07, 2012 01:10PM
also ace #16 on the pines and win 5k
October 07, 2012 10:10PM
As promised, here are the details for the 2012 Mango Disc Golf Am Divisions' Tournament Players Packs!

Each am division entrant (includes Advanced, Adv. Masters, Intermediate, Int. Women, Adv. Women, Recreational and Juniors and any other Am divisions) will receive:

Two dri-blend shirts with a 10-color Mango logo design, plus
One dri-blend shirt with black & white 2012 Mango Classic artwork with Tournament Sponsors

Choice of a Champion or Star Tournament Logo custom Innova disc (about 15 models to choose from) plus
One DX Tournament Logo custom Innova disc

Free food and adult beverages (over 21) at the Saturday Night Players Party in the park, by the bay, a short drive away

All Blue Angel Park greens fees paid ($4.50 value) plus all PDGA, SN and NPC fees covered making all players eligible for the 2013 SNAC and 2013 NPC

This players pack is worth somewhere in the range of $90 to $107...more than double the value of your $45 entry fee if you are a PDGA member!

A picture of the Am Players Pack will be posted tomorrow when I get to work. Remember the pro players pack is $6000 added to Open, $1000 added to Pro Women, $500 to both Masters and Grandmasters, and free food and adult beverages (over 21) at the Saturday night party!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

October 08, 2012 08:19AM
Hey Steve,

Pat Barnes and Bill Tylers signed up thru Pay Pal. Let me know if you see any issues!!!

Thanks,

This is going to be a big one!!!!!
October 08, 2012 09:06AM
Wow, that players pack is insane. Great job with everything Steve. Im getting more excited by the minute.
If you aren't signed up for this thing yet, go do it right now.
October 08, 2012 09:34AM
Here are pictures of the tee's coming in the AM players package and a few sample disc - they do look much better than they do in this picture.

JC, Pat and Bill - Will get you updated on the PDGA roster as soon as they release your sign-up it seems to take a couple of days to get it done!

We will accept Saturday morning registration between 7 am and 9 am - there is a $10 late registration fee. Hope everyone planning to come that can register before Sat and save the $10.

Looks like we will have some additional surprises - which we are sure you will enjoy.

I am working with the insurance company that is backing the $5000 ace pot to see if we can pick out another hole - the current contract has been voided due to it being disclosed prior to the event. I will be out there on Wed to see what we might do, to pick another hole.

The Pro are arriving today - don't be surprised if we show up to play at your course this week! Remember the Pro/Am Military doubles @ 2 pm Friday, we are are asking any Pro division players to participate and show some support for our military players.

Friday 5pm - Clinic with Dave F, Ricky W. and Paul O.

The double disc courts will be set up for pratice Thursday morning, find me for DDC disc!

Please let me know if we can do anything or answer any questions you might have! As Randy Reynolds says: BOOM - Here we go!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

October 08, 2012 09:36AM
oops - BAP is open for pratice, you need to tell them that you are praticing for the event - pay the $1.50 per car and .50 per person in car, Plus the $2 green fees. Friday it there will be no charge.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 09:36AM by The Parker.
October 08, 2012 10:16AM
Can't wait for this one! I'll be heading that way Friday mining. See y'all Saturday!
October 08, 2012 10:36AM
Please stop by SKY SOUTH and buy something and get a receipt, may be you will win the basket. open m-f 10-6.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
October 08, 2012 10:40AM
Wow Steve! What a great job ya'll are doing to get things set up! I'm looking forward to a great weekend at BAP. Keep up the good work!!
October 08, 2012 01:40PM
Up date for those who who have asked or might want to know:

If you renew your pdga membership at the Mango it will be good until the end of 2013. Might be a way to save you the $10 non-current or non-member fee.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

October 08, 2012 04:38PM
steve when you coming over??? jim jay and i will be over wed. morn to pick up some disc's for the store.
October 08, 2012 06:30PM
I just registered with paypal payment. so scuba will be there ....

Oh,no not the water again!
October 08, 2012 08:24PM
Head ill see ya friday morning me and my dad and a few other people got a cabin its going to be an awesome event i cant wait to see the big boys play i want to see it go down on the pines front 9 for sure with the pros:-) where will the finals for pros be held ????:-)
October 08, 2012 09:46PM
KC and Smoothie from BAP have put together a final 9 - sure it is going to be exciting to watch. Like last year with Avery, Nate and MAtt O going at it to the last hole with Matt O holding on to be the first winner of the Mango Classic.

Any predictions on who will win it this year?

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013