Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mango Classic 2012

Posted by The Parker 
Re: Mango Classic 2012
October 14, 2012 06:18PM
Naw just a good reason to leave well enough alone and let yall have those courses and what they hold and Obama is garbage and so is romney goodluck getting anything accomplished with them lol
October 14, 2012 06:20PM
And if its for our troops thats fine they can have it for all i care buts its all i idc who gets mad i got my opinion and nothing anybody can say or do!!!!
Anonymous User
October 14, 2012 06:35PM
Keep going Sims, love your 10 post in a row rants. We missed you at Tish this weekend!
October 14, 2012 06:43PM
Missed yall too dude i will be at spring classic :-)
October 14, 2012 07:17PM
Not to take anything away from the event this year,it was cool,but The Mango belongs in Mobile!!
October 14, 2012 07:24PM
I second Bmac for sure:-)
October 14, 2012 07:30PM
steve; just an awesome job my friend you really put on a class event; and tell vita star that she was the best t.d. ever; as far as all this other stuff i really do think it will work it's self out; when i left some rules did change somewhat; this is not anyones fault; thats just the way it is in the gov. but please don't react to harshly; and i think jim would agree. we had a great 13 yrs there and it's not over yet; congrats to all the winners and again steve that was awesome. and yes chris we all do love our hereos and thanks for that comment.
October 14, 2012 07:39PM
Well put mike well put:-)
October 14, 2012 07:40PM
Thanks to Steve Hollis for running a great tournament. It looked seemless from the outside looking in. I had a great time and got to play more than most electing to go for quantity over quality in regards to my disc throwing. I do hope that whatever pro picked up my champion panther from 9's tee box on the palmetto course during the first round enjoys the disc since they either forgot to turn it in to lost and found or decide to keep it.

JOhn k
October 14, 2012 07:41PM
Awesome tournament !!!! And I also would like to see Mango Mobile next year .

Oh,no not the water again!
October 14, 2012 08:39PM
Steve you are the man!!!! I don't think anyone else could have pulled this off. Thank you and everyone who put time money sweat and energy into this tournament. This is one of the best things to ever happen in dg in the panhandle. It was amazing to walk around BAP and see the future of our sport! I would agree that Mobile has a better mix of courses and would be awesome for Mango but BAP got major upgrades and with some much needed more tweaking on holes I believe it could be an awesome place for future PDGA tournaments. If they could mix in a lot more open holes that would help. Thanks again. That was awesome

James Ireland
They're always after me lucky bag tag!
[www.ecdgc.org]

Anonymous User
October 14, 2012 09:12PM
Not sure why the ratings didn't get corrected yet. Might need to call pDGA HQ on Monday to get that straightened out, and get the final 9 scores uploaded too. What's up with the pDGA website these days?

I would like to thank all the players for making the staff's job nice and easy all weekend! Really really enjoyed watching many of the world's best in the Final 9.

Also want to thank Luke Hambleton for handling the Saturday morning late registrations so well, and Ken Keller for the fast scorecard work. And everyone else who helped check scores.

The weather was fantastic too just to top it all off. Thanks again Mr. Hollis for running the show, you did very well and handled things like a champ. See y'all next year !
October 14, 2012 10:48PM
WOW!!!! What a fun tournament. That said, I will be moving back down to Advanced after this weekend. It is clear that my game is not up to snuff to play in Open any longer. That and I can't afford to donate to the division. Steve you did a fantastic job. Got to play with one of the best disc golfers in the world my first round, which was awesome. Loved hanging out with so many of my SN family. Thanks to all who made this event possible.
October 15, 2012 08:42AM
Great job to Steve and his staff on a great tournament.Pictures are posted on my facebook account.

team birdiemonster.com-bill tyler
October 15, 2012 08:47AM
CONGRATS TO TEAM MOBILE.....DANG SHAME THAT JIM COULDN'T SET UP, BUT SOME IF US SAW THIS COMING. PARK MANAGEMENT IS STILL AN ISSUE......EVEN AFTER EVERYTHING ELSE. BOYCOTT STANDS!!!!
October 15, 2012 09:22AM
Awsome turny steve hollis..... BOOOOOOOOOOM.. thanks to everyone that helped this turny run so smooth... Hope to see it in memphis next year.... Bud hill & johnson rd?????????????

RANDEYE
pdga#7250
October 15, 2012 09:25AM
I will be posting a final post on the Mango Classic 2012 in the coming days - just beat up and to tired STILL to make a coherent post today. If you need something you can call me and wake me up at work today, pm me, or email us - discparker at yahoo.com.

Hope that everyone understands that this was my first tournament as a TD and have made some mistakes - excuse me for that - but have also learned alot and hope to do a better job next year.

I will be posting a final post on the Mango Classic 2012 in the coming days - just beat up and to tired STILL to make a coherent post today. If you need something you can call me and wake me up at work today, pm me, or email us - discparker at yahoo.com.

Hope that everyone understands that this was my first tournament as a TD and have made some mistakes - excuse me for that - but have also learned a lot and hope to do a better job next year.

I have contacted the pdga for help fixing the results page and will do so asap please be patient, will post once that is taken care of.

Have written a check to BAP for their 10% of everyone

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
October 15, 2012 09:59AM
jmart Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CONGRATS TO TEAM MOBILE.....DANG SHAME THAT JIM
> COULDN'T SET UP, BUT SOME IF US SAW THIS COMING.
> PARK MANAGEMENT IS STILL AN ISSUE......EVEN AFTER
> EVERYTHING ELSE. BOYCOTT STANDS!!!!

I hate to hear that. I am now and forever Brothers in Flight with my Mobz Brothers, but this boycott business is ridiculous.
Mike Sidebottom is not the villain here. The idiot who brought an illegal substance on Federal Property and then dropped
the illegal substance on the ground, is the villain here. And an idiot to boot.

Hate Mike if you want. Boycott Blue Angel Park if you must. But know this, you're in the wrong here Jeff. I love 'ya man, but that doesn't change the fact that you're wrong on this one.

As far as Mr. Jim setting up his trailer at BAP this weekend, an obvious communication breakdown happened. Steve Hollis, Mike Sidebottom or Jay, the new park manager, should have let Mr. Jim know before he pulled his trailer over here. They didn't, and that was wrong. On the flip side of that equation, the Country Store at Blue Angel Park sells discs. They have for 4 or 5 years. Every one of those discs were bought through Sky South. There is a longstanding business relationship between Mr Jim and Blue Angel Park. I would like to see it continue.

I sincerely hope Jay and Mr. Jim can work something out. I love the tourneys that Mr. Jim runs and I plan to play in many more.

Now, enough on that.

I would like to thank Steve Hollis, Kurt Lampkin, Mike Kernan, Luke Hambleton, Ken Keller and Team Mango for a great tournament. I also would like to thank Jay, Thomas"Bubba" Bernardo, Mr. KC Heckathorne, Mr. Kevin "Smoothey" Knuckley and the rest of the staff and crew at Blue Angel Park. That's an incredible complex you have there. We are truly blessed to have such an awesome facility so close to home.

Big thanks to my fellow Advanced Masters. You guys are the best. Always a pleasure and a joy throwing down with you good folks. Old guys rule!

Thanks also to the Big Guns for showing us what's possible and for being so cool with your time, advice, autographs, clinics, etc...

I hope everybody made it home alright.

If you missed out on that Mickey Hart show last night. You missed out. That show was a blast.

Peace on y'all,
Matt D
October 15, 2012 11:24AM
PROS: well....the "Pros" and the Pro Payout, courses looked great, party and food, a lot of people helping! Always a great time at Blue Angel!

Not so pros: Am payout was horrible (response was "great player pack," of which at cost may have been a little over $40/ea), a little unorganized (even with all the help),
Jim not being allowed to set up(I mean after all, he is a huge reason for disc golf in SN land!), Mysterious 5K Ace Pot Debacle,
Did I mention the Am/Adv/Novice Payouts?

Entry Fees: almost $9-10k?
Pro division cash payout: $10,600 or so?
Blue Angel: 10% of registration? almost 1K?

The rebuttal will be "such an outstanding players pack for the Ams," but the Ams fuel the sport! Something should have been done to see that what fuels the sport should have left with some sort of appreciation. -OR- the lack of sponsors, I'm surprised anyone donated with comments like this:

The Parker Wrote:
> Mango Disc Golf is a bit disappointed that more of you were unable to help
> ... not that anyone cares but us.

It's a great thing that the "Pros" came to Pensacola, but at what cost? If anyone offers a substantial amount of money, pros will come! But it shouldn't be at the expense of what fuels the sport! Every tournament needs feedback, take it or leave it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 11:51AM by Live2disc.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012 12:59PM
Mr. Live2disc, the TD did post the following in respect to am payouts:

The Parker Wrote:
> the am
> payouts will be almost "trophy only" with the
> exception of the baskets we are giving to 1st
> place. We also award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
> plaques to at least Advanced and Intermediate
> divisions. It will depend on how many of you make
> it to see if we can go deeper. We will do the best
> we can!

I don't know how you can say a Star and a DX disc, 3 shirts, free dinner and beer, Blue Angel's 10% tax/greens fees, and $7 worth of sanctioning fees are only $40 at cost. If you really feel like you didn't get your money's worth on these players packs, you will be disappointed at any tournament you play. The trophies cost $700 and there were 8 baskets valued at about $1000 given away too, and even more than was promised was paid out to the ams. The thing is, the TD wanted to try this payout formula and see if players would prefer huge players packs or if they'd rather have more prizes. I think the majority of the players like bigger players packs, obviously you're not one of them. But to claim that you weren't shown any "appreciation" is rather selfish on your part. Yes, the pros were shown more appreciation. Move up baggers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 01:03PM by Bluff Magee.
October 15, 2012 01:08PM
Wtg on a great tournament it made clearly see what i already knew which is im not a pro and dont need to play pro tees lol but still great tournament will do it again. Wtg to all the winners.
October 15, 2012 01:15PM
Rather than get into endless banter with Mr bluff, because it appears on these forums he's always right! I gave feedback, done!

Thank you for proving my point Mr. Bluff on the appreciation! But you are right Mr. Bluff, I under estimated and can't count.... Make it $48, but I don't drink.... So can I have my beer portion of my players pack "paid to me in gum?"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 01:31PM by Live2disc.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012 02:05PM
You're awesome dude. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth, thanks for the laughs.

I guess you forgot to add the $10 non-member pDGA tax in there too. But you don't have enough fingers and toes left to count that high, do ya?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 02:06PM by Bluff Magee.
October 15, 2012 02:19PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> You're awesome dude. Talk about looking a gift
> horse in the mouth, thanks for the laughs.
>

Oh ye of ole English proverb: Wether it be a gift horse in the mouth, or in this case the other end!

Stay classy my friend!
October 15, 2012 02:26PM
oops - let me try again

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 02:36PM by The Parker.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012 02:26PM
So did you find any gum in the other end of the horse Mr. Live2disc?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 02:29PM by Bluff Magee.
October 15, 2012 02:38PM
Live2disc ,

While I appreciate your feed back, wish you would have waited until we posted the payout break down before you made your comments.
Above your post I did say that we would be making a final statement on the event once I recovered from no sleep, and working so very hard to put on a great event for you and everyone else.

The Pros had added cash that I raised of $10,000 and that had nothing to do with the Am divisions. Your comment about:

I'm surprised anyone donated with comments like this:

The Parker Wrote:
> Mango Disc Golf is a bit disappointed that more of you were unable to help
> ... not that anyone cares but us.

Happened after we closed the sponsorship donations and in hind site it was a mistake. I believe that I did mention that I am a first time TD and that I had made some mistakes, but that we would try to do a better job for you next year.
The fact that in the last 3 years I have supported events and have donated over $3,000 ( to my best knowledge) to other events and just thought that maybe our SN family would have helped a bit more. I am not upset about it just stating what I was feeling at the time.
Once again it was a mistake on my part and hope that you can understand and let it go.

It has always been my understanding that player packs are valued at retail prices not wholesale if you know something different please let me know so I can improve on next years event..
It is the value that it would have cost the individual player if they were to purchase by them. I can not believe that you can purchase a 10 color hot stamp on a moisture- wicking shirt for $8

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

October 15, 2012 02:39PM
Nope, none whatsoever! I did however find humor in the situation, statement and numbers. Which oops, the numbers are gone.
But if there was " $10K raised an added to the pro divisions" that should put the pro payouts totaling approx 13-15k right? If it was "added pro cash"

And yes alibaba.com for all your moister whicking needs

Stay classy

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 03:13PM by Live2disc.
October 15, 2012 02:46PM
It was no big deal for me not to sell at this event, I just hope that they think about it a little more. If we bring in a lot of new players to the park that have never been there before and then as they come back each time after that it would be great for each of us.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
October 15, 2012 02:50PM
On that note from Mr. Jim, I'm done with this topic......

Stay Classy my friends
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DC
Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013