Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mango Classic 2012

Posted by The Parker 
Re: Mango Classic 2012
October 15, 2012 03:09PM
I hate that I missed such an awesome tourney but it sounds like OBAMA wants to keep it for himself. Let the BOYCOTT begin! No luck will be needed BROWNSON.
October 15, 2012 03:15PM
beauknows Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate that I missed such an awesome tourney but
> it sounds like OBAMA wants to keep it for himself.
> Let the BOYCOTT begin! No luck will be needed
> BROWNSON.

fsn
October 15, 2012 03:21PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> Not sure why the ratings didn't get corrected yet.
> Might need to call pDGA HQ on Monday to get that
> straightened out, and get the final 9 scores
> uploaded too. What's up with the pDGA website
> these days?

not the pdga's fault ... the td has to specify which layout each division played on the tournament admin page

it is quite easy to tell that all divisions were posted as playing the same layout when they actually did not
October 15, 2012 03:35PM
I for one had a great time and could care less about a boycott and all that childish nonsense. I had no problem with the payout. The players packs were very nice and to me the people that complain about payouts after receiving a nice players packs are bagging. I traveled a long way to play and getting the PP was a nice thing to get. I cashed and donated my winnings to the next guy in line because I needed to leave.

No crying here

Great job Steve and crew!!!! Will be back to BAP. Super nice facility!
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012 04:03PM
fsn Wrote:
> Bluff Magee Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not sure why the ratings didn't get corrected
> yet.
> > Might need to call pDGA HQ on Monday to get
> that
> > straightened out, and get the final 9 scores
> > uploaded too. What's up with the pDGA website
> > these days?
>
> not the pdga's fault ... the td has to specify
> which layout each division played on the
> tournament admin page
>
> it is quite easy to tell that all divisions were
> posted as playing the same layout when they
> actually did not

Yeah, I entered that information in but it didn't change anything. Of course I only got one crack at it since we didn't have an internet connection. But the pDGA home office wasn't very helpful when Steve called trying to get it right this morning. But I'm sure they were soooooo busy in Augusta this morning counting the hundreds and hundreds of $$ they made off of this tournament LoL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 04:04PM by Bluff Magee.
October 15, 2012 05:04PM
Who wants to sponsor The Howler?
October 15, 2012 05:07PM
& it is definitely time for Dustin LeMasters to move up to OPEN!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 05:47PM by BERNIE.
October 15, 2012 05:10PM
All I am reading here is a whole lot of crying about the payouts. I played open, and did not come close to cashing in this event. I didn't think I had a chance anyway. The thing is for me, I came to hangout and play with some of the best disc golfers in the world today. That alone was payout enough for my money. I know the Ams didn't get to play with the pros, but they did get to meet them, attend some of there clinics, and get there autographs. Most of you Ams knew what the payouts were going to be before you signed up, and those that didn't could and should have withdrawn from the tournament if it was that big of a deal to you.

As for what happened to Mr. Jim, that I do not agree with at all. He has been providing disc and merchandise to players at Blue Angel for years. And to be turned away after loading up and transporting his trailer to the park was beyond WRONG! Rules have been over looked for years at Blue Angel so that one of our SN founders could sale to our players at tournaments. Someone should have made him aware that the rules were going to be enforced long before he drove out of his way...........

My second gripe would be that there was no shirt "singular" given out to the Open players. And that is not so much a gripe but a suggestion for next years Mango Championship. A singular shirt for the Open players that attend would at least give them something to remember from playing in this event. I didn't cash and therefore I went home with nothing tangible to remind me of this years Mango tournament. Like I said, it is a suggestion.

Steve like I said before, you and your crew did a fantastic job running this event! Thank you!!!!!!
October 15, 2012 05:22PM
Um, ok. I have no idea who you are, but as I said before, I hate to hear it that someone doesn't want to come to bap. It'll probably ruin the whole tourney if u don't show up! Sucks! Maybe we'll just start doing roller skating tourneys since nobody will come here to play disc golf. Lol, u ladies are funny:)))
October 15, 2012 05:27PM
And for the record, ALL the bap players are not happy about Jim not being able to set up, with myself included...but as I said, there is nothing we can do about it! If there was, we would have already!!!
October 15, 2012 07:20PM
This gonna be a long post because i have lots to say...
To Steve Hollis.. Sir, i must say you have done a wonderful job in your first TD effort.. This was a great event that many of us are blessed to have experienced.. From start to finish YOU and YOUR CREW did a fantastic job.. just look at the number of top level professional players you were able to bring in for this event.. players that i never thought i would get to meet, much less have the privledge to throw with and spend time with.. the military pro/am round friday paired me as a pro(yes i'm still laughing at this) along with Mr. Devan Owens.. An absolutely amazing young man, that was very nice to get to know.. i had the honor of feeding some of the worlds best players my brauts & italian sausage on friday night with a host of other great friends.. You sir share my thoughts on pay outs for the Amature divisions, that is a giant players pack for everyone and "some" prizes for those who finish at the top.. I've tried to do the exact same with the tournaments i have directed in the past.. players packs with retail value greater that the entry fee, good job sir.. fund raising and sponsorships are the hardest part to getting an event "off the ground" and you did fantastic.. i will say this boldly so it is clear,those have have not given birth to a tournament and directed it to completion have NO IDEA of what it takes to do so.. These players who "complain" without the vision of seeing it from the TD's eyes do not know what they are talking about!!! Yes, there were areas where things could go better, but it is that way with everything, and knowing you as i think i do you will work on those.. as all GOOD TD's try to do.. Steve, you were MOST accommodating to ALL the players and guests at this event, and i for one am glad to have made it.. There were things that happened that were beyond you control and for that you should not feel bad, it's life, it happens, and we learn from it, then we move forward with the knowledge we have gained..
To Everyone else.. If you have been a tournament director please let me know if my post is "out of line"..
If you have NOT directed a tournament in the past, but was lucky enough to have attended this event and enjoyed the opportunity that Mr Steve Hollis made available to you then besure to tell him..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
October 15, 2012 07:34PM
The funny guy would be yourself Jay. Because YOU Jay could have turned a blind eye just as Mr. Mike had done for years before you took over. And that is turned a blind eye to allow Jim to provide the players with a larger selection of merch then what you guys had on hand. And no one would have been the wiser about the whole thing other than yourself. I don't plan to boycott BAP because of this, but to say there was nothing you could have done about it is complete BS. Those same rules you enforced this weekend are in no way different from the same rules that were in place long before you took over management of BAP. I know being in the military has made you a stickler for rules, but there are some rules that are and should be just to silly to follow. You know it, and everyone of us here in the SN's knows it............
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012 09:22PM
Sorta like speed limit is a silly rule to follow.
October 15, 2012 09:27PM
Have the ratings been fixed on pdga I saw that the final nine was added so was the rating fixed too
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012 09:36PM
Sorry Will, we haven't yet been able to get the pDGA to take the ten minutes of their time that it will take to fix them. You'd think that for the ~$1500 check that Steve will write them in pDGA fees that they would try to help. But hey, customer service is so overrated anyway.
October 16, 2012 08:38AM
I'm not Jay, I'm Chris...nyce to meet you. Steve, you did an awesome job and I had a blast! Can't wait till the next one!
....on to the HOWLER!!!!!!!!!
October 16, 2012 08:43AM
Thank you for all the PM's - Was advised not to even reply to the one negitive post, but after sleeping on it felt that I needed to at least jot down some basic numbers. We will be using the under valued player pack numbers that the one person (who is unknown) says things were worth.

Also want to say that all events that I have played in value the players packs at retail. There are alot of expenses that I had that I am not listing here - like the uhaul rental - trailor cost, printing, gas - back and forth from Destin and BAP several times etc...

AM's - (wholesale - not retail)
-10 color moisture-wicking shirts - at $8 (I want to know where I can buy one these for $8) 2,544
-disc (at 16.00 for two) 1,696
-BAP 10 percent 507.50
-sn/npc/pdga fees 742.00
-food (beer, mikes mango, 4 different types of soda, water) 530.00 (where can I get this for 5.00?)
-ROF 240.00
-baskets 1,250.00
-trophys 677.00
-prize disc payouts for 20 players 320.00 (at 16.00 for two)

Total - 8,506.50
Entry fees for all AM divisions was 5,075

- Nuff said on that.

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
October 16, 2012 08:56AM
Chris equals Jay??? Bwahahahahhaha

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
October 16, 2012 09:42AM
Guess so:-/
fsn
October 16, 2012 11:14AM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> Sorry Will, we haven't yet been able to get the
> pDGA to take the ten minutes of their time that it
> will take to fix them. You'd think that for the
> ~$1500 check that Steve will write them in pDGA
> fees that they would try to help. But hey,
> customer service is so overrated anyway.

Unofficial results are the responsibility of the TD to upload correctly. There is a section on the tournament admin page to fix the layouts so that the preliminary ratings get processed like they should. It is easy if you know how to use a computer and the internet. Instead of blaming someone else, why not just fix it.
Anonymous User
October 16, 2012 11:18AM
Bluff isn't very good at taking blame. He usually just drops it on someone else, sorta like the 2011 SNAC.
October 16, 2012 11:27AM
Whoever / whatever you are? It still should not have happened......
Sorry for getting your name wrong. "NICE" to meet you as well.
October 16, 2012 11:45AM
Steve, I wanted to say thanks for all you did with this tournament. I can't imagine the stress of appeasing all of the players, pros, and BAP management. Also doing this on a limited budget must be very difficult. I personally had a great time in my first major tournament, and am extremely happy with the location of your event. I hope it stays there for years to come.

As always, there are things that go wrong with big events like this, and Im sure Steve will take note and make adjustments, as long as he has the power to do so. I can't wait to attend next years event, and maybe I'll play a little better then also. :)

Thanks Steve for all you do for the advancement of this sport in our area. Keep up the great work.
Anonymous User
October 16, 2012 12:46PM
fsn Wrote:
> Bluff Magee Wrote:
> -----
> > Sorry Will, we haven't yet been able to get the
> > pDGA to take the ten minutes of their time that
> it
> > will take to fix them. You'd think that for the
> > ~$1500 check that Steve will write them in pDGA
> > fees that they would try to help. But hey,
> > customer service is so overrated anyway.
>
>
> Unofficial results are the responsibility of the
> TD to upload correctly. There is a section on the
> tournament admin page to fix the layouts so that
> the preliminary ratings get processed like they
> should. It is easy if you know how to use a
> computer and the internet. Instead of blaming
> someone else, why not just fix it.

I guess you read my previous posts, but didn't comprehend them. I don't have the file, only had access to it for a few minutes,I input the data with the proper pools just as you suggest, then handed it off so it could be uploaded at a place away from the course because we didn't have Internet access. Sometimes computers take a little more work than that.

But hey feel free to keep demonstrating your inability to comprehend, it gives Dillon a woody. Makes him feel like a man. One day we'll all know the correct ratings.
October 16, 2012 12:50PM
fsn another nameless poster. Dillion biggest troll of all!!! Freakin loser.
fsn
October 16, 2012 01:25PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> fsn Wrote:
> -----
> > Bluff Magee Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Sorry Will, we haven't yet been able to get
> the
> > > pDGA to take the ten minutes of their time
> that
> > it
> > > will take to fix them. You'd think that for
> the
> > > ~$1500 check that Steve will write them in
> pDGA
> > > fees that they would try to help. But hey,
> > > customer service is so overrated anyway.
> >
> >
> > Unofficial results are the responsibility of
> the
> > TD to upload correctly. There is a section on
> the
> > tournament admin page to fix the layouts so
> that
> > the preliminary ratings get processed like they
> > should. It is easy if you know how to use a
> > computer and the internet. Instead of blaming
> > someone else, why not just fix it.
>
>
> I guess you read my previous posts, but didn't
> comprehend them. I don't have the file, only had
> access to it for a few minutes,I input the data
> with the proper pools just as you suggest, then
> handed it off so it could be uploaded at a place
> away from the course because we didn't have
> Internet access. Sometimes computers take a little
> more work than that.
>
>
> But hey feel free to keep demonstrating your
> inability to comprehend, it gives Dillon a woody.
> Makes him feel like a man. One day we'll all know
> the correct ratings.

You don't need the td report file ... just the password ... layouts can be fixed on the tournament admin webpage. Currently, everybody is marked as playing the same layout. You can tell this because they have the same round ratings for the same scores. The lower divisions played a shorter layout. This has to be indicated ONLINE on the TOURNAMENT ADMIN WEBPAGE. It doesn't upload with the scores when you copy and paste from the td report excel file. Anybody with the password can fix this in less than 5 minutes (less than 1 minute if they have done it before). Here is the link:

[www.pdga.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2012 01:26PM by fsn.
fsn
October 16, 2012 01:29PM
Here is the link to the help file: [www.pdga.com]

Check under Generating Ratings where there is a short step-by-step process.
October 16, 2012 01:50PM
fsn Wrote:
> Here is the link to the help file:
> [www.pdga.com]
>
> Check under Generating Ratings where there is a
> short step-by-step process.

Anonymous User
October 16, 2012 01:53PM
Let me be clear Mr. fsn, I know all that. I don't have the password though and until I get it I can't correct it. The actual TD is new to the process and he thought they would have the decency when he called pDGA HQ to help him just like you are trying to do. Anyway once he's done with his real job tonight I'm sure he'll read this thread and do his best to correct it. Or maybe he's like me and likes laughing at folks who think the end of the world might occur if the ratings aren't fixed immediately.

Anyway I would like to reiterate what a blast I had at the 2012 Mango Classic. Easily the best tournament since the NPC in May!
fsn
October 16, 2012 02:07PM
hehe ... wayne is funny

some people across the country like to follow the top players in the world (which includes their round ratings). the current usdgc champ is shown as having a 950 rated round which is a bit absurd especially since it isn't right. the players are not listed in the correct finishing order because the course layouts were entered incorrectly when the finals were added to the results. it is certainly not the end of the world when ratings aren't fixed immediately, but it's a bigger deal when it involves so many top players. otherwise, it just becomes old news. a lot of people who don't check this forum do look up tournament results. it is tuesday. errors were detected and reported here on sunday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013