Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

11th Annual Late Summer Fest - September 15th

Posted by jacques 
11th Annual Late Summer Fest - September 15th
August 16, 2012 09:52PM
So we must have been so busy flappin' our gums about next year's SNDC that we forgot about our tournament that's just right around the bend, right?

NOT SO FAST, MY FRIEND!

Not only did we not forget about it, we've been cooking up something that I'm sure everyone will want to try a bite of - a whole new course.

That's right an 18 hole temp course will be set up at Heyman Park off of Surrey Street for this installment of the Late Summer Fest.

This park is approximately one minute away from Pa Davis and it has real potential for some mighty fine Disc Golf.

Here are a few ground level pictures to get an idea of how it looks...

Much more information about the tournament will come out this weekend, but I wanted to start a thread to let everyone know where we are headed with this event.

Please make plans to join us next month on the 15th for a fun day of Disc Golf and a chance to play somewhere new.
Anonymous User
Re: 11th Annual Late Summer Fest - September 15th
August 16, 2012 10:19PM
That's awesome. Only have to play Pa Davis once!
August 16, 2012 10:24PM
Looking at two rounds of 18 out here and giving Acadiana & Pa Davis the weekend off.
Anonymous User
August 16, 2012 10:45PM
Are you an angel? Is this heaven?
August 17, 2012 11:11AM
bluff this is cajun heaven!
August 17, 2012 11:56AM
Certainly not heaven, but Somewhere's Else.

And by that, I mean the bar room Somewhere's Else is only 25 paces from the tee box for hole 17 which is a long hole with plenty of OB potential.

I assume it is going to back up a bit during the rounds so put a few dollars in your Disc Golf bag and slide on over for a cold beer or two while the groups in front of you hole out!
August 17, 2012 11:59AM
Jacques....Sounds like you found your 1st hole sponsor.....Somewhere's Else........

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
August 17, 2012 06:49PM
Believe it or not I plan to come out of retirement for this one. How about you Louis?
August 17, 2012 07:29PM
Outstanding, Joe!

Does this mean we will have our very first Legends division?
August 17, 2012 08:46PM
Yea....but you will have to remind them......lol

[www.facebook.com]
Anonymous User
August 18, 2012 08:09AM
I'm IN, but I'm just a young squirt of 66 come this Tuesday. If its a Legends, I'll have to be allowed to play with those crazy old guys unattached, or I'm taking my discs and going home!!! When I see players rolling on the ground laughing after I throw, I do have to think some of my flings are legendary.

SW LA DG and False River Fencing are 2 CTP sponsors for $25 each, ah garontee!
August 18, 2012 08:29AM
Look forward to seeing y'all again David and thanks for your continued support. There will definitely be an 'old farts' card - Sr.Grandmasters & Legends!
August 18, 2012 07:12PM
Jacques - yes we should have a legends division.
David - Us old guys will take you under our wing.
Keith- remind us of what? LOL

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]
[www.acadianadga.org]
[www.pipscause.org]
August 18, 2012 08:01PM
Serious question, Joe and anybody else that would know, would this be the first time Legends was offered at an SN tournament?
August 18, 2012 08:25PM
jacques Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Serious question, Joe and anybody else that would
> know, would this be the first time Legends was
> offered at an SN tournament?

I believe it was offered before, but I'm not sure. I was thinking an old Greenwood or Scottlandville tournament.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2012 08:34PM by Eric Day.
Anonymous User
August 18, 2012 08:34PM
For sure none of the players who entered remember.
August 19, 2012 06:51PM
bayouace Wrote:
> For sure none of the players who entered
> remember.

Remember what? I wasn't that old when I played in B.R. but I think I was the oldest player back then.
Anonymous User
August 19, 2012 07:24PM
Just a number on a piece of paper, Joe.
August 20, 2012 10:13PM
The Acadiana Disc Golf Association proudly presents

The 11th Late Summer Fest at Heyman Park

Schedule and Format

Saturday, September 15th at Heyman Park. Registration opens at 8:00 AM. A brief players meeting will follow the conclusion of registration and the first round will tee off at 10:00 AM.

This is an 18 hole temp course. All divisions will play the same tees, except for novices and juniors. They will play a mixture of the normal tees and shorter "blue" tees on certain holes. Blue tees will be clearly marked as always.

FREE LUNCH will be served. Either wings, pizza, po-boys or some combination thereof will be served to all players free of charge. May even sneak some boudin in there too.

Tee time for the second round will be announced and posted at lunch, once all of the first round score cards have been turned in.

Local players are loaning their putting/practice baskets for this event. Some are single chains, others are double. They will all be equivalent quality of Discatcher Sport or better. No whining about the baskets.

An awards ceremony will follow the second round once the final scores have been tallied. All CTP prizes, awards, merchandise and cash won by players will be presented at the awards ceremony.

Entry Fees

Pro Divisions

Pro Open - $35
Pro Women - $35
Pro Masters - $35
Pro Masters Women - $35
Pro Grandmasters - $35
Pro Senior Grandmasters - $35
Pro Legends - $35

Amateur Divisions

Advanced - $25
Advanced Masters - $25
Am Men - $25
Am Women - $25
Novice - $15
Junior - $15

Highlights and Extras

CTPs will be out on the course, cash and merchandise as always.

Vegas style Ace Pot, $1 thru $5. Throw-off (if necessary) will be held while the scores are being tallied after the second round.

Novices and Juniors will receive a free Star or Champion disc of their choice.

My favorite "extra" - a player's party at Somewhere's Else Bar & Grill is in the works. I wasn't kidding when I said that it is literally 25 paces from seventeen's tee box. We encourage our out of town guests to stay and join us in the festivities afterwards. More information is coming soon.

Directions and Contact Information

Heyman Park

Take the Highway 90 Exit (Exit 103) off I-10. Go south Highway 90 (also called Evangeline Thruway) to the intersection of Surrey St. Turn left on Surrey and travel past the Lafayette Regional Airport. Continue on Surrey across the small bridge over the Vermillion River. Approximately one block past this bridge, turn left onto Chargois Springs Rd. which is one of the two entrance roads to the Park. Two parking areas will be available - turn right at the intersection and park in one of the spaces on the left and right sides of the road or continue at the intersection and follow the loop around to the larger lot adjacent to the basketball courts past the ball field. Tournament central will be set up at one of the pavillions between these two lots.

Heyman Park's address is 1500 South Orange Street Lafayette, LA 70501

Contact

Tournament director - Jacques Giraud. Contact me at the club's email - acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Sponsorship

We are accepting small cash and merchandise sponsorships for this tournament, suitable for CTPs or ring-of-fire prizes.
August 20, 2012 10:14PM
John K - please update the front page of the site with this info and please change the location from Pa Davis to Heyman Park. Thanks in advance!
August 20, 2012 10:24PM
Speaking of sponsorship, I want to personally thank the following people for supporting our event...

David Clayton & Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf - Mr. David ponied up $25 for a cash CTP - buy him a round at the player's party if you win it and be sure to swing by and play a few rounds of Disc Golf the next time you are in Lake Charles.

Dane Clayton & False River Fencing - also $25 cash CTP sponsors. Remember False River Fencing for your Residential and Commercial fencing needs!

The Holiday Inn Holidome - 2032 Northeast Evangeline Thruway - Lafayette, LA 70501 - (337) 233-6815 - Thanks to them and Mr. Shawn Johnson for arranging a courtesy hold on seven rooms at the hotel for the low-low price of $62 per night! On the web at hilafayette.com
August 20, 2012 10:28PM
Jacques,

Since you and ADGA appreciate your sponsors, I will donate the $$ I was going to give another event to you instead.

Please put La Cote DGC in for 100.00.....

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2012 10:30PM by Keith Bodin.
August 21, 2012 07:15PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> Jacques,
>
> Since you and ADGA appreciate your sponsors, I
> will donate the $$ I was going to give another
> event to you instead.
>
> Please put La Cote DGC in for 100.00.....

Now that even I will not forget! Thanks for the sponsorship Keith and yes we do appreciate it1
August 21, 2012 10:06PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Heyman Park for this tournament....

Distances

Hole 1 - 279'
Hole 2 - 342'
Hole 3 - 240'
Hole 4 - 327'
Hole 5 - 260'
Hole 6 - 393'
Hole 7 - 312'
Hole 8 - 525'
Hole 9 - 270'
Hole 10 - 465;
Hole 11 - 330'
Hole 12 - 500'
Hole 13 - 360'
Hole 14 - 285'
Hole 15 - 345'
Hole 16 - 423'
Hole 17 - 480'
Hole 18 - 351'

Total - A respectable 6,487' (approximately) with a bunch of OB, a real swamp and a muddy river. Come join us for the tournament and get in touch if you want a preview of the park.
August 21, 2012 10:08PM
AND a great big THANK YOU to Keith and La Cote Ragley Disc Golf Course!!
August 23, 2012 09:09PM
Put me down for a $25 hole sponsor for hole 11!
August 23, 2012 09:25PM
Looks awesome, Jacques! Can't wait to play it! Hopefully I can make the tournament. Great job!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
August 24, 2012 08:42AM
Very Nice, Mr. Nyce! How about a $25 CTP or LONGEST PUTT on that hole?

Look forward to seeing you on the 15th if you can make it Casey. If you would, please help spread the word in BR about the tournament and the course.
August 24, 2012 12:05PM
Longest putt sound pretty good to me. LOL
August 26, 2012 07:48AM
THANK YOU Joe & Nancy at Aboriginal Discs for sponsoring two holes.

Joe says he hopes nobody throws their discs in the Vermillion river or the swamp at Heyman Park, but if you do, make sure to pick up a replacement from Aboriginal Discs!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013