Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

11th Annual Late Summer Fest - September 15th

Posted by jacques 
Re: 11th Annual Late Summer Fest - September 15th
September 11, 2012 02:00PM
Everyone, the doctor just released me to play disc golf for now one! I will be competing this weekend!
September 11, 2012 06:24PM
Great news Nick! See you on Saturday.
September 12, 2012 11:29AM
right on Nick!

aheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

September 12, 2012 07:11PM
Drove through the park this afternoon, and let me tell you. The parks department has mowed it to perfection. There is no way this park could not look even better than it does for this tournament. The oaks with all the moss is something to behold, not to mention the river flowing right along side several of the holes. And a small swamp in the middle of the course looks beautiful as well. You guys really don't want to miss out on playing at this park.
Anonymous User
September 12, 2012 07:27PM
Yeah, Joe and I will probably be so dazzled by the beauty of the park that we won't be able to beat Marvin, dangit!
September 12, 2012 07:56PM
Woo, this is going to be a sweet, but challenging couse!
September 12, 2012 08:41PM
All oils spills completed today! Will be there Saturday with the 50/50 raffle for the 2013 SNDC skills competition. All help is welcome!!!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 13, 2012 12:10AM
LIKE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anonymous User
September 13, 2012 11:34AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All oils spills completed today! Will be there
> Saturday with the 50/50 raffle for the 2013 SNDC
> skills competition. All help is welcome!!!!

What help is needed?
September 13, 2012 07:49PM
Dex
Clyde "The Glyde" Hawk will be making his debut in pro grandmasters this weekend.
If Brent G and T-Pat play......we could have a full card or more
September 14, 2012 07:45AM
David, that sounds like a fun card to play on - you, Dex, Clyde, T-Pat & Cha-wee.

Lafayette players, don't forget to drop baskets off at Heymann THIS AFTERNOON. I'll be out there around 1:30. Scott and Pat may be over there sooner than that.

We still plan on going by Somewhere's Else after the tournament for an INFORMAL player's party. We went by there the other night to research (drink beer) what type of place it was. It isn't really high end or really low end - kind of suits a Disc Golf crowd. They have a few pool tables, a juke box and a video game or two and room for around 40-50 people. LSU is playing Saturday but it isn't televised so I would expect their usual Saturday night crowd.

Rob Perillo is giving a 20% chance of rain and a high of 90 degrees for Saturday. We will have plenty of water in bottles and in coolers on the course.

Otherwise, I am getting the feeling it is going to be a packed house this weekend. Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
Dex
September 14, 2012 07:55AM
Looking forward to it!

I once played on a ''Chinese Menu'' card at Acadiana

Ron, Don, John, and Dex,

Saturday

Dex
September 14, 2012 03:42PM
Is there a pre-registration? Any chance of getting turned away?

Heading over in the AM. Just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!
September 14, 2012 05:08PM
I am not trying to speak for Jacques....I spoke with him this morning and he has a plan in place in case there is over 100 people. He told me no one will be turned away.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 14, 2012 05:49PM
Jason, funny you should ask...

Based on the number of people that contacted me today, I expect a very large turnout. I will not overcrowd the course with 6, 7 & 8 on every hole. We preemptively trimmed Pa Davis in case we have to run two pools tomorrow. We will not turn players away.

I upped the food order to feed 125 so lunch should be covered.

We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as we try to accommodate our guests and host a fun tournament.
September 14, 2012 06:46PM
ill be paying when i get there cause i dont have paypal if that is ok? and what is the exact address?
September 14, 2012 06:56PM
orangesherbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ill be paying when i get there cause i dont have
> paypal if that is ok? and what is the exact
> address?

1500 S Orange St, Lafayette, LA 70501
Anonymous User
September 14, 2012 08:23PM
Pa Davis?

September 14, 2012 08:46PM
Pa Davis, maybe.

Acadiana is out, there is an LHSAA cross country meet out there this weekend. Both courses are unplayable when this is going on.

Only way I am doing this is if there are just too many people to fit on 18 holes. I really wasn't planning on over 100 showing up for this tournament and this may not turn out to be the case but I received emails and texts about this all day long. Two pools and playing PA Davis is still plan B.
Anonymous User
September 14, 2012 08:54PM

got them fingers crossed
September 14, 2012 09:08PM
Played the course this afternoon
It is the bomb
Nice layout on a really beautiful piece of property.
some of the live oaks are huge....just make sure your lie is not behind them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2012 09:10PM by ArcHyzer.
September 14, 2012 09:52PM
Mike, I definitely want to keep it all at one park too.

On the bright side, the Parks Dept. came in earlier this year to PA Davis with an attachment for a backhoe that scrapes all of the small branches off trees. They went throughout the park and and did this and it cleaned up the flight paths tremendously. In my opinion it is much more fun to play now. When was the last time you played a round out there?
September 14, 2012 10:30PM
Just got home and found a nice surprise...

The CFR discs for the 2013 SNDC arrived and will be for sale for the first time at the tournament tomorrow.

There is a thread about them here.
September 15, 2012 02:29AM
I played the course this afternoon and I think it's a fantastic layout. I heard that the area had a bad reputation, but all I found were silent, unassertive wussies who talk much but do little, even when certain people are all by their widdle selves.

There are OB's that rival the US Open but overall, it's a great balance of long/short and technical play. I can think of one hole that will irritate many players, but the sinister "one hole" concept has always been a highlight of great courses. In short, I love the design and hope a permanent course is eventually put in place.

I'll be bringing my basket with me. I know you told me that you likely have more than you need, but just in case, I'll have one.

And beer. I will also have beer. Not sure why I bring that up, but - um - beer.
Anonymous User
September 15, 2012 07:15PM
Awesome course, awesome tournament. Great job Lafayette, hope you land that course permanently.

Definitely enjoyed the DJ. That was a nice touch!
September 15, 2012 09:36PM
I would like to thank everyone that came out today to play this awesome course. I know I am not alone when I say that Lafayette needs to have this permanently installed for years of enjoyment. Everyone I spoke to today said they really love the layout of this course. I also want to give a big thank you once again to Jacques for doing a fantastic good as always running this event, Lafayette is very blessed to have you. Chris and John, thanks for giving me a hand picking up the baskets and T-sign markers after the second round. Wow what a fantastic day it has been, great disc golf, good food, and awesome friends to share it all with.
September 15, 2012 10:16PM
LSU Football time. Will put up results tomorrow. Looked like everybody had fun which is all I can really ask for as the TD.

I'm sure the DJ would be happy to travel to NOLA for your next tournament, LOL. I'll put in a good word for y'all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2012 10:20PM by jacques.
September 15, 2012 10:30PM
I think he even gave a shout out to all dem people throwin dem disc in da park ya heard!
Anonymous User
September 16, 2012 08:19AM
Great tournament! Thanks to all who made it happen.
September 16, 2012 09:34AM
Great event yesterday. The course was sweet...very challenging and fun to play. The OB was a real test. I have not seen that many circles on scorecards in a long time!

Thanks to Jacque and his staff...Lafayette know how to put on an event.

P.S. Next time, please portion out the boudin! Ha ha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013