Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

11th Annual Late Summer Fest - September 15th

Posted by jacques 
Re: 11th Annual Late Summer Fest - September 15th
September 16, 2012 10:36AM
Johnathan Nyce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he even gave a shout out to all dem people
> throwin dem disc in da park ya heard!

Did he really? I missed that. That's funny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
September 16, 2012 01:56PM
Glad to help. Great tournament on a very well designed course. The OB's were diabolical. I hope it becomes permanent one day.
September 16, 2012 03:53PM
I had tons of fun yesterday. Couldn't have asked for better guys to card with both rounds. Love the OB's, I love playing defense. To Eli, Chris Lavergne, Chris Kirkley, and Shawn...I told you guys we were the Comeback Card! Great job! I saw a few cars and trucks get smoked during the rounds, good thing they belonged to disc golfers who count those scuffs as character! They flow of play was actually smoother than a split course event! It was great to see cards waiting until folks were out of range to drive in order to keep things from backing up. So glad to see the regulars out here and a few new folks as well. Thanks to the folks who put out coolers on the course.
Thanks for a great day of fun to the folks who made it possible.
September 16, 2012 03:56PM
Oh, i forgot to thank Nyce for eating all the food before my card finished our round. I hope you have heartburn! :)
September 16, 2012 05:17PM
Way to stay classy there Tyson. I may be a fat man, but to have only eaten a sandwich and 4 wings with haft a link of boudin really doesn't count for me eating all the food. But just so you know, it was delicious and not even a trace of heartburn!^) Glad you had a great time, and sorry you missed out on that fantastic lunch. Just wish I had gone back for seconds, because it was just that darn good.
September 16, 2012 07:35PM
Thanks lafayette for a great time and a really well run turny. It was a battle to the end in grand masters. And I really enjoyed the party afterwards event though your a bunch of gator haters.... LOL Was my first lafayette turny and ill be back ya-all are great. I really hope you can make Haymann a permanent course I wana play it agine for SNDC... OH AND GOOD LUCK NICK........

RANDEYE
Pdga#7250
September 16, 2012 08:45PM
You know I have to give you a hard time John, besides I went drop about $20 on those cupcakes anyways!. Who would have though helping NIck would taste so goood!

Thanks again Comeaux Family!
September 16, 2012 09:56PM
I want to make sure that our sponsors understand just how much their support means to us and the only way for me to do that is to tell them and to make sure they get recognized...

David Clayton - Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf
Dane Clayton - False River Fencing
Keith Bodin - La Cote Ragley DGC
Joe & Nancy Burback - Aboriginal Discs
Shawn Johnson - Holiday Inn Holidome
Pat Fisher - Hooters Restaurants
Johnathan Nyce
Colby Girard

And we've got some new sponsors to start thanking as our attention turns to next year's SNDC. We sold 8 CFR discs this weekend which is a fine start.

Jonathan Walker
Pat Latiolais
John Castille
Deborah Brouillette
Kevin Weiss
David Clayton
Dane Clayton
John Fowler

They join

Brooks Newell (2)
Teresa Key
Casey Cox
Nick Robichaux
Johnathan Nyce (1 + 3)

Who have their CFR discs reserved.

Thank y'all for supproting our efforts to host a top notch event here in Lafayette next summer. Look for some of these CFR discs at an event near you!!!

Now for the business at hand, the Late Summer Fest at Heymann Park...

93 players turned out for an enjoyable day of disc golf. The weather was a little hot and the course was a little crowded but everybody was patient and the flow of play was much better than I expected.

We received overwhelmingly positive feedback about the course and it getting it installed permanently is now clearly on our agenda.

Hosting this event would have been impossible without a lot of help from a lot of people...

Everyone that worked to get the course laid out, get baskets and signs set up before the tournament and taken down after, the guys who took care of the ice and water, my wife who ran all over town and picked up lunch, Scott's wife who patiently sat all day selling cupcakes & cookies, everyone that loaned their baskets including two from out of town, everyone that helped sign up players, count scorecards and post scores on the board, Paul for running the basket throw off, the guys who trimmed, marked & painted Pa Davis just in case we needed it

Thank you all.

I resist naming names when I thank everyone because I don't want to forget someone and offend them. Please know that your help is greatly appreciated by me and all the players who enjoyed this tournament!

This tournament was a tournament of FIRSTS...

Our first tournament at Heymann Park

Our first tournament with a Legends division

Our first tournament with back-to-back aces on the same card

Our first tournament to have players call in a to go order at a bar room and pick them up on the next tee box (awesome)

Our first tournament to receive an official "shout-out" from a live DJ

Here are the results, please check your name and score. I'll email John a copy once everyone has a chance to confirm their information is correct.

I think this was a good tournament, but I always look for ways that we can improve. The following are my "regrets" from this event...

There was some confusion before the first round started and some novice and junior players ended up on the wrong holes. I attribute this to a completely full board with no "blank" spaces between cards like there usually are with four per hole. The start of the first round was delayed as a result.

We ran out of food for lunch. All but one card of players got to eat, but that is one too many and I guarantee this will never, ever, ever happen again. In our defense, there was a SNAFU with one of the food orders which could not be resolved in the amount of time that we had that morning. As a result we came up a short - had this not happened, we should have had enough for everyone.

I wanted to get out of there early enough to join everybody at Somewhere's Else. We made it over once all of the baskets, signs, tables, ice chests and supplies were loaded up but I was told NO Team stopped by for a few drinks and had to get on the road before we got there. Sorry I missed y'all. The crew that hung around sure did have a good time and I'm glad to see Randy made it back to Mobile safe and sound.

Thanks again to the players that attended. We hope to see y'all back for the next one.

Last, but not least, the basket throw off was won with an ace by Anthony Wambsgans. The real winner, however, was Nick Robichaux who I know really appreciates everyone's generosity. The club bought the basket so 100% of the money in that envelope went to help him and his family along with the proceeds from the cupcake sale (thanks again Comeauxs!!).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2012 10:01PM by jacques.
September 16, 2012 10:35PM
Forgot the exact amount, but I'm pretty sure Keith had another successful 50/50 raffle. I know Deb drew the winning ticket. I want to thank Keith for doing this and thank the participants who bought tickets.
September 16, 2012 11:06PM
If those are your regrets then sir, i say you did pretty @#$%& good. I think everyone got sonething to eat so i wouldnt sweat that. I regret not going hang out with you guys after, but i had family obligations.
Thank you very much Jacques for giving me some time to give out a few Flight Club awards yesterday durinf your event.
I want you to know that means alot to me and i appreciate it very much.
Dex
September 17, 2012 07:50AM
Way to go Lafayette!!!

Awesome job,Jaques, and all who helped, the park is beautiful and an absolute show case for disc golf.

Man I hope y'all get this permanent.

Had a great time, glad to see you rebound so fast Nick

See y'all soon

Dex

Oh yeah, I heard the shout out
September 17, 2012 08:58AM
jacques Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forgot the exact amount, but I'm pretty sure Keith
> had another successful 50/50 raffle. I know Deb
> drew the winning ticket. I want to thank Keith
> for doing this and thank the participants who
> bought tickets.

We added another 68.00 to the pot this weekend in Lafayette. Deb won 67.00 in the 50/50 raffle. CONGRATS DEB!!! We are now up to 173.00....
THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT SUPPORTED THIS!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
September 17, 2012 04:35PM
Mason McKay instead of Mcvay that should be the correct spelling for the second place am
September 17, 2012 05:57PM
Jacques, A+ you did it again. Another great Laffy tourney. Loved the course. Some short, long, left, right, tunnel, and wide open. That's how every course should be. Had a blast, both rounds enjoyed who I played with. And got to see some old friends. Thanks to everyone who came together to make this happen. And also thanks to the little hottie at the bar on hole 17. We called her ahead and she brought our beers to us when we got to hole 17. Now that's service. See yall at the next tourney.

Hey Keith , Did you find my disc ?
September 17, 2012 06:12PM
Great job as always Jacques! Sorry I had to drop out with those cramps...just when I was catching up to Marvin! yeah right! As for lunch the cookies and banana were delicious, not to mention healthy.
September 17, 2012 08:04PM
@ peckston - changes will be made and thanks for checking it.

@ Keith - a bar room next door with a delivery service to the tee box is a very, very handy thing to have at a disc golf course, no doubt.

@ Joe - yep, I heard you had Marvin right where you wanted him.
September 17, 2012 08:10PM
I say we just repeat this bad boy the next open weekend! I'll put my basket in my truck, I'll go out and get some CTP sponsors as well.Who
s down?
September 17, 2012 08:29PM
Next time i play this course, im wearing sun block. My forehead got scorched
September 17, 2012 09:37PM
Loved every minute and everything about the tournament. As always top notch. Thankful to everyone who made it possible.
October 01, 2012 07:53AM
[www.sndg.org]

Results are on the site, any correction pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org

JOhn k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013