Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: 11th Annual Late Summer Fest - September 15th
August 26, 2012 12:48PM
Definitley going to try and make this, never shot a round in Lafayette.
Anonymous User
August 29, 2012 08:19AM
Jacques,

Is there anything we can organize at the tournament to raise some money for Nick? $20 Special Ace Pot with winner getting a prize or 10%? Auction? Raffle? Something? Even a fund for straight donations. Not trying to mess with your event, just concerned.
August 29, 2012 06:47PM
Great idea David! I plan to be there so let me know if I can help put something together Jacques.
August 29, 2012 09:24PM
Absolutely, David and Joe. We had a pretty hectic start to this week at work with storm prep and I haven't had much time to check the forum.

There will definitely be a fundraising component to this tournament to assist Nick and the Robichaux family. We will discuss it at doubles this Sunday and I will make an announcement as soon as plans are made.

For those that haven't heard, Nick Robichaux was injured this past Sunday morning when he and several others were struck by a vehicle in a parking lot outside a business in Lafayette. He suffered a skull fracture and surgery was performed to relieve swelling on his brain and to install a shunt to drain fluid. He spent time recovering in ICU and is still hospitalized at Lafayette General. There is a thread on the Off Topic Forum of this website where a more detailed explanation of what happened is available as well as updates about Nick's condition.

Nick is David and Connie Robichaux's son. He is a fine young man, an Iraq War Veteran and currently serves in the Louisiana National Guard. Had this accident not occurred, he would almost certainly be deployed right now in the Southeastern portion of our State performing hurricane response.

Please plan on bringing a few extra dollars with you if you are coming to this tournament. We will be raising funds to help one of our own. I'll post the details as soon as they are available.
August 30, 2012 01:17PM
I heard from Louis Corne and he doesn't plan to make the tourney. He said he took up something called "ball golf" whatever that is!
Anonymous User
August 30, 2012 01:56PM
Joe,

That's what you do when you get too old for disc golf. :>)

Not for you, Marvin, and myself.

Really though, I understand Louis has been fighting some injuries for a while. If ball golf allows him to compete and have fun, go for it.
August 30, 2012 09:50PM
Got an Innova Discatcher Sport ordered for a basket throw off.

Club is buying the basket so 100% of the money raised will go to assist Nick in his time of need.

This isn't going to be a nickel and penny deal, I know we can raise enough to make a difference.
Anonymous User
August 31, 2012 07:40AM
I'm in for a C note. Who will match it?
August 31, 2012 12:12PM
I'm in David, no problem.
August 31, 2012 08:03PM
what are the prizes for the winners?
August 31, 2012 08:50PM
@orangesherbert - not sure what you mean.

Local disc golfer was seriously injured last weekend after being hit by a vehicle. We are doing a basket throw off at our upcoming tournament to raise money to help him and his family with expenses. Winner of this wins an Innova Discatcher Sport basket.
September 02, 2012 01:25PM
like are there gonna be trophies given out?
September 02, 2012 08:43PM
OK, I thought you were talking about the basket throw off.

The tournament ...

Awards (plaques) for 1st, 2nd & 3rd in all amateur divisions and 1st in all pro divisions.
Payout (discs/bags) of no less than 100% entry fees for the top 50% of all competitive amateur divisions.
Payout (cash) of no less than 100% entry fees for the top 33% plus one player in all pro divisions.
Novice and Juniors compete for trophies only, but receive a free champion or star disc at sign up.
Everybody gets a free lunch at the park between rounds.
Cash CTPs will blanket the course.

Hope to see y'all there.
Dex
September 04, 2012 08:44AM
Dex will be there for sure!!

Be good to see y'all

Dex
September 04, 2012 10:33AM
Are the tees and basket positions flagged or staked or something? I might try to make it over some time before the tournament and give it a look.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
September 04, 2012 12:41PM
Casey, nothing staked out because it would likely get run over by the lawnmowers this far out from the tournament. Let me know when you want to come check it out and I will meet y'all over there and walk through the layout if it is an evening or weekend.

Dex, glad you can make it over. Not sure if David is going to make it but T-Pat & Brent may jump in Grandmasters with you to make a field.
September 04, 2012 09:29PM
I would like to make this one.

As usual, any NoTeam folks going please let me know...would love to catch a ride and pay for some gas.

Thanks.
September 05, 2012 07:56PM
Myself an mark Martin coming jauques from Jackson. Hey just a suggestion on the layout that was posted on the first page.. It looks like it would b cool if u swooped hole 12 an 18.. Make the transition better and also 12 where it is now looks to be more of a signature hole.. Just my 2 cents.. Can't wait to come back to what I once called home..
September 06, 2012 05:22AM
Looking forward to seeing y'all Matt.

Also, I thought about it some more and I really like the suggestion about the layout. Not just making 18 the "bigger" finish, but the sequence that results is holes 16, 17 and 18 become an absolute gauntlet. It is hard to tell from the aerial view that 16 and especially 17 are bad mamba jambas.

Let me talk it over with the other people involved in developing the layout and I'll announce something soon.
September 06, 2012 06:14PM
Casey and anyone else that wants to come look at this course can call me @ 337-354-9440. I live less than 5 minutes away and would be glad to walk anyone threw the planned course.
Anonymous User
September 07, 2012 07:33AM
Without a cast and crutches you walk too fast for me. :>)
September 07, 2012 05:47PM
hey guys and gals, i want to thank everyone for the great prayers and things they have said about me. It was unfortunate that i got hit in a parking lot and got brain damage, but i have gotten great recovery since my surgery. i do plan playing on our next tourny here in lafayette. thanks jacque and everybody here in lafayette, lake charles, baton rouge, new orleans and everywhere else in sn land. Hope to see everyone on the 15th!
September 07, 2012 06:12PM
Great to hear nick. See you next Saturday!

[www.acadianaparkdiscgolf.com]
[www.acadianadga.org]
[www.pipscause.org]
September 09, 2012 08:35PM
Bump!
September 09, 2012 10:53PM
Update brought to you by our SPONSORS

David Clayton - Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf
Dane Clayton - False River Fencing
Shawn Johnson - Holiday Inn Holidome
Keith Bodin - La Cote, Ragley DGC
Johnathan Nyce
Joe and Nancy - Aboriginal Discs
Pat Fisher - Hooters Restaurants

Heymann Park is looking good. Mr Eddie has the maintenance crew lined up to pass the mowers again later this week so it should be pretty well manicured next Saturday for its debut.

Lunch Menu - Chicken wings courtesy of the fine folks over at Hooters, po-boys from Olde Tyme Grocery, boudin from Don's in Carencro, potato chips and soft drinks will be served FREE OF CHARGE between rounds. Got enough for 100 people so everyone should be well fed, fat & happy. Also, Scott Comeaux's wife is baking cupcakes for desert which will be sold for a reasonable price with the proceeds being added to the money raised by the basket throw-off.

CTPs - Got cash up for grabs all over the course

Hole 1 - $25 cash - all pro divisions
Hole 2 - $25 cash - all divisions
Hole 3 - $25 cash - all divisions
Hole 4 - $20 cash - all ladies - longest putt
Hole 5 - $25 cash - all AARP eligible players
Hole 9 - $20 cash - all divisions
Hole 11 - $25 cash - all am divisions - longest putt
Hole 12 - $20 cash - all divisions
Hole 14 - $20 cash - all divisions

Tweaks to the course - as suggested by Matt & Calvin (thanks again!) , holes 12 & 18 from the original layout are swapped. Also, holes 15 & 16 are stretched out a bit to include some nice area beneath some big oaks that wasn't being used before.

The result is that the last four holes are really good finish to the course in terms of length, shot selection, OB potential & scenery.

Here is a slightly revised layout showing the changes...

Distances

1 - 312
2 - 309
3 - 242
4 - 337
5 - 225
6 - 382
7 - 299
8 - 525
9 - 270
10 - 493
11 - 310
12 - 300
13 - 382
14 - 278
15 - 407
16 - 532
17 - 488
18 - 526

Total - 6,617

Remember, this is a temp course, with practice baskets that local players are loaning for this event. Everything will be at least equvalent qualty of the Discatcher Sport - some have single chains and some have doubles.

Also, this tournament is two rounds of 18 at the same park. Based on past attendance for the Late Summer Fest, this shouldn't be a problem. If we get surprised with an unusually large turnout, everyone will have to exercise patience and expect slower rounds. There isn't much room for adding extra holes as we are using basically the entire property for the course.

Look for a few more update during the week!
Dex
September 10, 2012 08:15AM
Great to see you doing so well Nick!

Tell your Mom and Dad, Dex says Hello

Dex
September 10, 2012 11:44AM
Will do mr dex, also they will be at the tourny this weekend!
Anonymous User
September 10, 2012 02:25PM
Getting excited to go to another Jacques/FC/ADGA tournament. Always first class fun.

Two tourney givens: 1.Joe and I will show up and have a blast. 2.Marvin will pop the top on another can of Whoopass!
September 10, 2012 06:09PM
bayouace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Getting excited to go to another Jacques/FC/ADGA
> tournament. Always first class fun.
>
> Two tourney givens: 1.Joe and I will show up and
> have a blast. 2.Marvin will pop the top on
> another can of Whoopass!

And I'll pop in the watch you two battle it out! And take a shot at hole #5's CTP.
September 10, 2012 11:21PM
No trophies for this one, just plaques. 1st, 2nd & 3rd in all amateur divisions plus novice and juniors and 1st place in all pro divisions...

Phone takes pretty bad pictures - sorry about the glare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2012 11:22PM by jacques.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 53
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013