Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GCBC Doubles Sept 22

Posted by Byron 
GCBC Doubles Sept 22
August 21, 2012 11:00PM
Gulf Coast Bible Camp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2012 11:01PM by Byron.
Re: GCBC Doubles Sept 22
August 21, 2012 11:04PM
Gulf Coast Bible Camp ‘Lucedale, MS’
Disc Golf Tournament
September 22nd Two rounds
Doubles (Best Shot)
TD Josh Brigan & Byron Smith

LOCATED 3 MILES OVER THE Alabama/Mississippi State Line
CHECK MAPQUEST FOR DIRECTIONS (ADDRESS: 120 Bible Camp Rd)
SIGN IN AT 8:00AM TIL 9:30
PLAYERS MEETING AT 9:30
TEE OFF AT 10AM

TWO ROUNDS OF EIGHTEEN
LUNCH AVAILABLE ON SITE FOR $6 “We have a full dining hall and kitchen on site.”
THIS WILL BE SOUTHERN NATIONAL QUALIFIER. PAYOUT WILL BE TO TOP ¼ OF EACH FIELD.

$46 FOR NOVICE
$60 FOR ALL AM DIVISIONS
$70 For ADVANCE
$80 ALL PRO DIVISIONS
(Each Player will receive a Champion CFR disc at sign up)

CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS 251-753-0962
Course will be open to play before hand. Check sndg.org for updates.
August 21, 2012 11:05PM
Josh please adjust entry fees on the flyer at blue Angel. I did not change them from the singles pricing
August 23, 2012 06:34AM
Byron, please let me know which division y'all want to play for free entry into next year's SNDC.
August 30, 2012 12:10PM
Advanced

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
August 30, 2012 03:18PM
You can also reach me at 850-712-7960 for questions. If any of you have been to this tournament you know its a fun course and an even better lunch.

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
August 30, 2012 09:40PM
Josh, Advanced was already given away earlier this year at the New Orleans Doubles Championship. Please check out the thread on the General Discussion board. It has a list of remaining divisions and explains how we are giving these away as well as what stands to be won by the players.
September 05, 2012 08:41AM
Then we will go with Juniors sir

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
September 06, 2012 05:12AM
JUNIORS - good choice!

The winners of the JUNIORS division at this event will receive free paid entry at the 2013 SNDC in Lafayette.
September 06, 2012 11:02AM
Thank you sir.

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
September 06, 2012 07:44PM
I would like to play the course a couple of times before your tournament, disc golf course reviews says its only open for tournament play . I live in west mobile so its not that far and a new course to play that's not to far would be nice . I would like to enter tournament but if I can't get in some practice time I don't think I will attend .

Oh,no not the water again!
September 07, 2012 09:10AM
The course is open this week for practice. If you want to be surd you can freely call Byron to make sure. He lives on the course and I live in Pensacola so he will know for sure. To all those coming to the Walley Free Doubles I should have more details at he tournament

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
September 10, 2012 07:17AM
Updated course times. Next Saturday the 15th the course will be open for practice and Friday the 21st the course will be open for practice. If there is another time you would like to practice Byron said give him a call and he'd be willing to try and set up an appointment with whom ever to practice the course.

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
September 10, 2012 04:34PM
I'm trying to set this up to bring a couple of students out. Looking forward to this one!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
September 11, 2012 10:52AM
That's awesome JT. I'm also trying to work out a skills challenge for all groups to compete in singles and win a basket. Trying to come up with a fair scoring system is crazy though.

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
September 12, 2012 08:43AM
I've seen tournies have several holes that require you to throw with a particular type of shot (forehand, thumber, roller, etc.). You could do it in a CTP format where the 5 closest people get points. Closest gets 5, next gets 4, so on... The problem is that you'd need a volunteer on each hole to keep up with the 5 closest people.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
September 12, 2012 08:56AM
Awesome Idea. What about just using flags that get moved like in the skittles challenge

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
September 12, 2012 12:47PM
Sorry about the lack of help posting info Josh. I now have internet after nearly 3 weeks. Course will be open to play this Saturday from 10 - 5. And the Friday before the Tournament. I just got the discs in and will be posting later the selection. I players will be getting one CFR of the choice for signing up. Josh will be running a skills competition between rounds and sounds like he has some new and challenging ways to go about it. I know lunches have been good but a bit of a wait in the past. We will be going pulled pork sandwhiches, chips or fries, and a drink for $6. The meal line should move much quicker allowing more time for the skills competition.

Thank everyone you has been calling and confirming. Last tournament we had 86. Looking for a big turn out :).

Byron Smith
September 12, 2012 12:51PM
Also, Hole sponsors for CTP's will be posted here. Some have mentioned wanting to do that again.

I will be bringing a CFR Firebird for a CTP on hole 2.
I hope to get at least 6 CTP sponsors and some cash for Open's payout.
September 13, 2012 08:07AM
Byron,
I have a large BHS Disc Golf mesh polo shirt to donate for a CTP prize. I hope this helps.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
September 13, 2012 10:54AM
Thanks Justin. I know Josh will put something up for his hole #4 that he spent hours clearing by hand :) so that makes 3.
Jim O, will you be coming out this year. Wanted to set you up near the AC again :).

We just got in our Discs. They look great.
CFR Boss, Destroyer, Monarch, Wraith, & I got 50 Firebirds this year so we dont run out :)
KC Rocs and Aviars
Every player will receive one of these at sign up. We have a few disc left over from last Dec I'll put out too.

All funds made at this tournament will go to the non-profit "Gulf Coast Bible Camp Inc." to help with course improvements and up keep. This is why Innova allows me to work prizes with CFR discs and I thank them.
September 13, 2012 11:16AM
Are any of them blizzard plastic?

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
September 13, 2012 01:06PM
No, they are all KC or CFR. This will boost all paid outs since I have to increase the payout by $12 at least. I', thinking the Dec tournament I will invest in blizzards since they are in demand
September 13, 2012 09:29PM
Course will be opened this Sat from 10 til 5. CFR disc are $18 if you want to get plastic early :)
September 14, 2012 06:01PM
Danial johnson and my self went to GCBC today and we played a solid round the course is in great shape and looks like there has been a lot of work gone in to putting on this event I am looking forward to this weekend
September 15, 2012 11:46AM
we have had 14 to through so far and play and its not even noon yet. Hope to see alot more!
September 17, 2012 09:56AM
This may sound like a dumb question, but how is the payout looking for this tournament? I live 5 hours away, but I'm wanting to play a tournament this weekend.
September 17, 2012 11:12AM
Update on skills challenge: There will be 2 Cpt's per round per card for skills points. Meaning if your in the skills challenge and you end up getting ctp for the specified hole you will get point toward the challenge. There will also be a field challenge on the softball field during lunch. It'll be a giant bullseye with(hopefully) a target in the middle. Each ring will be worth points and if your able to get all your discs clustered in the same ring then bonus points will be awarded. We might also be puting together a putting challenge. More details and specifics will be explained this Saturday. The skills challenge will be will more than likely around $5 a person. Oh and the CTPs for this challenge won't be easy. This is a accuracy challenge which I thought was more fair and equal across the whole field than throwing distance shots.
I look forward to seeing everyone and enjoying Byron's excellent cooking. I'll be there all day Friday so come out and get your practice on.

Oh and sorry Cody, Byron will have to answer that question since he is handling that aspect of the tournament. Feel free to call him with questions in that manner

Josh Brigan
EatSleepDisc Pensacola
September 17, 2012 11:42AM
codyroberts18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This may sound like a dumb question, but how is
> the payout looking for this tournament? I live 5
> hours away, but I'm wanting to play a tournament
> this weekend.

the lunch is worth a 5 hour drive.
September 17, 2012 12:33PM
i will try and make over saturday, if anyone needs any thinks please call, thanks Jim!

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

cox3 , DJ
Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013