Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HALLOWEEN HOWLER #26 OCTOBER 27th & 28th

Posted by BERNIE 
HALLOWEEN HOWLER #26 OCTOBER 27th & 28th
September 25, 2012 04:54PM
MADGA Presents The:

2012 Halloween Howler
October 27-28, 2012
Chickasabogue Park & Chickasaw Park

Entry Fees:
Open: $72
Open Master: $62
Open Women: $52
Open Master Women: $52
Open Grand Master: $52
Advanced: $47
Advanced Women: $47
Advanced Master: $47
Intermediate: $42
Intermediate Women: $42
Novice: $27
Juniors: $27
**will offer any other division with three or more people**

Registration is available starting today at:

The Outdoor Exchange
3607 Old Shell Road
Mobile, AL 36608
251-338-9073

or

Sky South
2609 Howell Avenue
Mobile, AL 36606
251-478-0379

or

To register through paypal send funds to aubreysawyer@hotmail.com. Add $2 to the entry fee for paypal fees. NO REGISTRATION THROUGH PAYPAL AFTER
OCTOBER 25th!!! Make sure to include shirt size.

or

Last Chance Registration Saturday Morning at Chickasabogue on October 27th 7:30-8:30. THERE IS A $10 LATE FEE FOR SATURDAY REGISTRATION. NO SIGN UPS WILL BE TAKEN AFTER 8:30 A.M. PERIOD!!!!

Players Packs:
All players in any non-pro division will receive a disc for signing up.
The first 200 Players will receive a Howler T-Shirt

Schedule:
Friday, October 26
Tournament Registration 2:00pm-6:00pm - Sign up at Hole 8 Pavilion
Bring Your Partner Doubles - Pro Division $30 Am Division $20 per team - Sign up between 3:00-5:00pm

Saturday, October 27
Players Meeting: 9:30am
1st Round Tee-Off: 10:00am Sharp
2nd Round Tee-Off: One hour after last card turned in

Sunday, October 30
3rd Round Tee Off: ****9:00am SHARP****

Tournament Format:

Saturday, Oct 29
Pool A: All Professional Divisions
Pool B: All Advanced Divisions
Pool C: All Intermediate Divisions
Novice & Junior Divisions Will Be Placed In Whatever Pool Can Best Accomodate Them. To Be Determined After Registration Ends.

First Round
Pool A: Chickasaw Park 18 (Except Grandmasters Who Will Be Playing The New 9 at Chickasabogue Twice)
Pool B: Chickasabogue Regular 18
Pool C: Chickasabogue Temporary Course 18

Second Round
Pool A: Chickasabogue Temporary Course 18
Pool B: Chickasaw Park 18
Pool C: Chickasabogue Regular 18

Pool A Field Events At Chickasabogue Sports Field Immediately Following Second Round

Sunday, Oct 30
Third Round
Pool A: Chickasabogue Regular 18 + New 9 of Bogue (holes 1-27)
Pool B: Chickasabogue Temporary Course 18
Pool C: Chickasaw Park 18

Pools B & C Field Events At Chickasabogue Sports Field Immediately Following Third Round

Final Six Skins Match
Shortly after the third round ends there will be a Final Six Holes for the top 4 in the OPEN DIVISION in a Random Draw Doubles Skins Match
-Each Player will randomly draw a partner to play with them in the Skins Match.
-We will be selling $2 tickets throughout the weekend to qualify for the Skins Match drawing!!

Pre-Registration:
Checks or Money Orders can be sent up to October 22nd!!! DO NOT MAIL ANY ENTRIES THAT WILL NOT BE RECEIVED BEFORE OCTOBER 22ND!!!

MADGA
3607 Old Shell Road Suite 6
Mobile, AL 36608
Please list division and shirt size.

Lunches:
Papa's Pizza Will Be Set Up At The Pavilion By Hole 8. They Will Sell Lunch, Refreshments and Snacks On Both Days Of The Tournament

For more information please contact Bernie Sawyer at 251-338-9073 or aubreysawyer@hotmail.com or Jim Orum at 251-478-0379

This is a Southern National Qualifier - $2 from everyone's entry fee execpt Juniors and Novice will go for SN qualification
Re: HALLOWEEN HOWLER #26 OCTOBER 27th & 28th
September 25, 2012 05:01PM
Sponsorship Opportunities:

A $300 sponsorship will get you or your company a custom full page ad in the players program, logo on the backs of 200 disc golfers. You also get 2 tee signs, a tournament stamped disc and tshirt with your sponsorship.

A $100 sponsorship will get your name or logo on the backs of 200 disc golfers. You also get 2 tee signs, a tournament-stamped disc and tshirt with your sponsorship.

A $40 tee sponsorship will get your name or logo on a tee sign on both courses!

We've set a goal of 25 tshirt sponsors, so we need YOUR HELP Mobile! We need YOUR HELP SN family! All you need to say to your potential sponsors is that we had over 250 people at last year's Howler, the biggest tournament in the Southern Nationals!

We need your help in offsetting the costs for extra stuff like:
Putting Contest
Best Costume
Best Decorated Hole
Pumpkin Smash!
Road Warrior and Hall of Fame plaques
T Shirts

Please email me at aubreysawyer@hotmail.com and I will get you a sponsor form.
All sponsorships can be given through any of the tourney registration methods listed in the prior message.
Thank You Very Much & We Hope To See You There
September 25, 2012 05:03PM
WOW..............Chickasaw................ very displease to see this!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Anonymous User
September 25, 2012 05:46PM
I'm very "displeased" you failed English, Keith.

It's only one round at Chickasaw to accommodate more players! Then everything else is at the Bogue. So put your kleenex away and practice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 05:48PM by Bluff Magee.
September 25, 2012 06:19PM
The reason to play to howler is to get to the park on Thursday and not have to leave till Sunday when you go home. This is done to let 90 + ams play. No worries I will not say another word about it. Another tradition shot to h e l l for the sake of saying " the biggest tournament ever"!

[www.facebook.com]
Anonymous User
September 25, 2012 06:31PM
That's so ridiculous it's

It's never too late to go back to school.
September 25, 2012 08:39PM
Exactly, the ams = the future of the sport. Trust me, we went over just about every possible scenario. This was pretty much the only one that worked without enforcing a cap.
September 25, 2012 08:44PM
I have never played the Howler but know Its only at the bogue from hearing others talk about it and say how awesome a tournament it is. It's sad to now know it will be played on more than one course and that will break a great tradition. It is sad to see some traditions end. I thought about playing the Howler this year after hearing all the positives about it but as I am not a fan of Chickasaw I believe I will pass.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
September 25, 2012 09:13PM
It was suppose to be a PM....

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 09:38PM by Keith Bodin.
September 25, 2012 09:24PM

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
Anonymous User
September 25, 2012 09:27PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No worries I will not say another word about it.

That lasted almost three hours. How about if you enforce a cap on your mouth Sunshine?
September 25, 2012 10:48PM
This has absolutey nothing to do with saying, "the biggest tournament ever". It just happens to have gotten that big! Please don't bother enlightening me any further about Howler traditions Sunshine & Keith. I am pretty sure I've played Chickasabogue a couple of times myself. BTW Shrek, The Howler has been played on more than one course for years.

& if anyone has some sort of plan where we don't have to cap the field & we can put somwhere in the neighborhood of 300 people on 45 holes in 3 different pools without putting more than 5 players on a hole. Then please fill me in. The job of TD still hasn't been officially filled. Step up to the plate! Show us how its done.

We had more than one meeting to discuss this. & there is just no option other than adding another course or at least nine more holes. & there is nowhere to put them at Chickasabogue. I didn't make this decision alone. We voted on it. & it was pretty much unanimous that we needed more holes to accomodate the number of players we have been drawing to this event. I would certainly prefer to only play Chickasabogue too, but that isn't possible anymore.

So if you really feel like playing Chickasaw will ruin this event for you. Please feel free to stay at home. I imagine we will find some way to make it through the weekend without you. HOOTY HOO!!!!!!!!!!!
September 26, 2012 07:36AM
Why only 200 shirts?
September 26, 2012 08:59AM
Stay Classy SN ...Stay Classy.
While I wont be attending The Howler, I most certainly wont berate it.
I can only imagine the logistical nightmare to accomodate that many people.
Good luck to all and I hope NOLA brings home the hardware.
September 26, 2012 11:54AM
In the early days "the Bogue" only had 18 holes, but the Howler did not have many players. There were 53 players in 1989. In the early 90's when we expanded (attracted) more players, the 2 pools alternated use of the existing 18 holes. That meant that Pool A always finished after dark. At that time the park management would not allow us to set up a Temp course. So as the Howler grew rapidly, Chickasaw and Chickasabogue were both used for the Howler. This went on for several years. I didn't like it then (and still don't), it was not perfect but it was necessary.

Later, Jim O was able to "sweet talk" park management to allow 18 temp holes to be set up for the event. Later the "new" 9 was added. The Howler continued to grow, simply because it is a great tournament and has been geared towards the players and having fun. Last year we had over 270 player & even with 45 holes, some groups had 6 & 7. People complained.

The options are few: 1) limit the field to 225 players (5 per card), 2) don't allow novice, junior or ams (more complaints), 3) hope for more holes at the Bogue (good luck), 4) play 2 courses or 5) play or don't play the Howler.

Correct, it is not great but it is what it is. Let's all get behind the tournament staff, live with the short-comings and enjoy a great tournament.

Mark A. Mann #5019
September 26, 2012 12:09PM
T SHIRT SPONSORS
The Outdoor Exchange

HOLE SPONSORS
Ricky Martin

REGISTERED
Steve Hollis GM
Bernie Sawyer OPEN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2012 12:14PM by BERNIE.
September 26, 2012 12:41PM
Bernie da Aardvarks will be a teeshirt sponsor. Bhole now wants to play am now dat Chick is being played, he is scared. Can't wait for this tourney once again. Brooks
September 26, 2012 12:44PM
I have been looking forward to playing this one again since last year (it was my first howler). It was very well organized and everybody had a great time!
I would hate to see newer players left out because some folks don't like using two courses. The "BIG" tournaments are what help grow the sport, which will help get more courses started and maybe get local parks and rec. departments to spend a little more money improving existing ones. I, for one, was floored to see how many people came to DG tournaments when I saw the turn out for last year, and it made me want to attend more tournaments!

The Howler has a reputation that precedes it! (I heard about the Howler from friends before I started playing)

Thanks to all of the people that go out of their way to make this tournament something EVERYONE wants to play in!!.....well, almost everyone.
September 26, 2012 12:56PM
Sorry for my comments everyone....I know the staff is in a tough spot. I also know they will do a great job. Can't wait to get there. Put LA COTE DGC down for a tee shirt sponsor......

[www.facebook.com]
September 26, 2012 12:56PM
Bernie....

Key Chains Bike & Disc is in for a T-Shirt Sponsor :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
September 26, 2012 02:05PM
SHWEET!!! Thanks y'all.
September 26, 2012 03:38PM
please putt SKYSOUTH.COM YOUR COMPLETE ONLINE STORE DOWN FOR A TEESHIRT SPONSOR.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
September 26, 2012 04:29PM
$100 T SHIRT SPONSORS
The Outdoor Exchange
Aardvarks
La Cote DGC
Key Chains Bike & Disc
Sky South

$40 HOLE SPONSORS
Ricky Martin

REGISTERED
Steve Hollis GM
Bernie Sawyer OPEN

Thank all of you very much for all of your continued support. We are starting off strong! Lets keep it going. Make sure you send your logo (if you have one) with your sponsorship funds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2012 04:30PM by BERNIE.
September 26, 2012 04:39PM
My apologies to the staff of this great tournament. It appears I was misinformed about the history of the howler and have now been educated on its past and that more than one course has been used in the past to accommodate the large numbers that attend this great tournament. I may not play but if I am off I will be there to volunteer to help the TDs in any way they may need.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
September 26, 2012 10:37PM
Ill be at this awesome event i cant wait its going to be EPIC:-)
September 27, 2012 06:24AM
Bernie put down Bud Hill down for $100
September 27, 2012 10:52AM
I'll do it! Thanks Bud Hill. Are y'all planning on making it down?
September 27, 2012 11:29AM
Will there be any bag tags at the Howler available for purchase??
September 27, 2012 12:01PM
tmad1004 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will there be any bag tags at the Howler available
> for purchase??

SN Tags.. I will be there all week I will be sure to have some tags for sale.
September 27, 2012 12:07PM
We have MADGA tags too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Dex
Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013