Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HALLOWEEN HOWLER #26 OCTOBER 27th & 28th

Posted by BERNIE 
Re: HALLOWEEN HOWLER #26 OCTOBER 27th & 28th
October 31, 2012 04:24PM
Robby I'm not too sure that I know you. But I will say this if you think it's ok for the 2011 winner to win more money with not only less women but less people at the tournament then you might want to get yourself checked. I already said I was try to cause a commotion, but that's a legit question. There are many people not happy about the payout and I'm appear to be the only one to grow a pair and say something about it. Same goes for you Brad.....
October 31, 2012 04:28PM
Jen....i completely agree with you. I hope you find a legit answer. Should be interesting.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
October 31, 2012 04:36PM
Jenn, I will wait for Bernie to respond to your question.(since he was the TD) I was a major sponsor of the Howler and have NO problem with the payout. I hope you enjoyed yourself.
Anonymous User
October 31, 2012 04:59PM
Haha, Bernie people not happy with your payout it seems, hilarious.

11 women and only paid out 4, that's not even the standard %50.

Brad, the only troll I see is that thing you sleep next to you call honey.
October 31, 2012 05:03PM
So Brad you think it's great that in 2011, there were 7 women and 1st place won $350. In 2012, there were 11 women, that could possibly a record, and 1st place won 300$. Please feel free to explain how you consider that a "great" payout??
October 31, 2012 05:23PM
First of all Jenn show me where I used the word "great" payout? I said I didn't have a "problem" with the payout. So please don't put words in my mouth! Thankyou! Bernie will answer your question I'm sure. Dillion your just an complete idiot! I knew it wouldn't take you long too take the bait.
October 31, 2012 05:25PM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haha, Bernie people not happy with your payout it
> seems, hilarious.
>
> 11 women and only paid out 4, that's not even the
> standard %50.
>

I'm not sure Mobile has ever payed 50% I think he went with 25% or 30%. I for one was happy with a 125 average for 3rd 4th 5th split.
Anonymous User
October 31, 2012 05:50PM
Paying out %25 to %30 in AM is horrible, lets not mention being $50 less for first with 4 more participants.
October 31, 2012 06:01PM
We paid out 33% of the field in all divisions. We used the PDGA pay scale to determine the payout. Which is very specific as to what percentage of the pot 1st gets & 2nd & so on. We added sponsorship money to each division based on the number of players in each division. For example: if there were 300 people in the tourney & there were 30 people in your division then your division would receive 10% of the sponsorship funds + the amount paid in for entry fees less 1/2 for AM divisions then that 1/2 is added to the comparable OPEN divisions. Which seems like the most fair way to do it. The number of people in attendance in your division determines the amount added. I'm not sitting in front of the payout right now. P. Tait is working on posting the scores as we speak. & Our treasurer has an honors degree in accounting so I would bet that he got the numbers correct. When we have the payout posted then we can look into the questionable payout you speak of. Until then.......
October 31, 2012 08:48PM
Not wanting to get in this one really, but the PDGA pay scale is 40% in open (minimum). You can't even turn in the results on the TD excel sheet with less than 40% payout. For Open Men, the pay table even says "strongly encouraged 45%" and offers numbers for 50% scale.

But... The Am payout is 45% as well and for 11 spots, only 5 get paid.

So, he's one off - > Not the end of the world.

Finally, I'd be grateful for the $300 in merch for a weekend of golf. I'm shocked by how many people seem to play this game of flinging discs through the woods with silly people with the sole aim of coming out ahead on payout. $300 is huge for 1st and the $50 swing in payout really doesn't seem to warrant hurt feelings.

I don't even play as often as I used to, and TD'ing events has allowed me to see both sides of it. Everyone I know who played seemed to have a great time, and congrats to Cam. Was I there? No. So I'll shut the hell up.
October 31, 2012 08:53PM
October 31, 2012 10:15PM
Nice job Bob!

October 31, 2012 11:54PM
I absolutely do not want to get in the middle of an argument or controversy that has nothing to do with me, but it is just plain silly to compare payouts between the same event held in different years.
November 01, 2012 04:10AM
Good info Fatback.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 04:26AM by bmac.
November 01, 2012 08:27AM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> You two pricks can rot in f'n hell for talking
> about Robby and Tupelo Disc Golf like that. Better
> not ever catch you two in Tupelo after those
> remarks.

Why? Are you going to say ANYTHING to ANYONE'S face? OF course not.
Grow up and move on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 08:27AM by wayneacree.
November 01, 2012 08:33AM
We use that PDGA pay scale & pay out 33%. I have paid the top 33% at every tournament I have ever run. So does Jim O & most of the other SN TD's. This is the first time anyone has complained. That doesn't mean there is less money. It just means that the people in the top 33% get paid better. It is kind of ridiculous that we could be willing to run a tournament. Raise thousands of dollars. Add them to the payout which makes it way over 100%! Without deducting for the shirts which cost MADGA over $1000. Not charge the players for the NPC fees. & still have people complaining about the payout before we even get it posted.
November 01, 2012 08:36AM
Its all good wayneacree!! I try to respect everybody, but its hard giving him any. Good info FatbackBob!
November 01, 2012 08:44AM
WOW!!! If you feel like you weren't well compensated & didn't have a good time at The Howler. Then next October feel free to stay at home. The other 300 of us who had a great time will be at Chickasabogue not missing you. & since you guys want to compare what other tourneys have paid. Feel free to compare our payouts at MADGA tourneys to any others in the SN or the PDGA & then get back with me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 08:44AM by BERNIE.
November 01, 2012 08:53AM
I think Brad's comment was directed a Dillon.......

Bernie, I wasn't there but everyone from here that went said they had a blast! Sounds like it was a great time all around!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 08:54AM by DISCKEY.
November 01, 2012 09:06AM
Also I would like to point out that sometimes when sponsors add money to a tourney they tell you where they would like it to go. So that is where we put it. For example: at The Mango Classic a couple of weeks ago in Pensacola there was $1000 added to the OPEN Women's field. There were only two players. Which means they were both well compensated for their efforts. I'm not sure what was done at The Howler in 2011 because I didn't run it. However I believe in equal rights. So do most women! & like I said before, we added money according to the number of players in each division. Which is the only fair way to do it. I will also point out that EVERY division was paid a whole lot more than they paid in entry fees. So if you aren't happy with the outcome you are very likely the flip card or you are just being greedy. What do you think JEN33? Does this answer your question? Do you feel like we should give you more just because you are a girl? Or is it OK to add money proportionately to each division regardless of their sex?
November 01, 2012 09:14AM
Disckey, BERNIE is my friend, he knows where that comment was directed!! Good job Bernie!!!!
November 01, 2012 09:20AM
Ill say it one more time, this was GREAT event, td by a good guy I respect! Jenn I hope u had a good time.
November 01, 2012 10:19AM
Nope, I was The Flip card..lol First Time Too.. :)

Michelle "Snap"

pdga# 30918
wdga# 098
November 01, 2012 12:19PM
Look everyone. I have stated it multiply times, I was not trying to cause a commotion. I understand its hard to run a tournament, I have done it. I understand about adding money and all that jazz. Bernie, don't be so defensive it was a very legit question. Not too mention, there were other people questioning, I just stepped up and asked. Brad, I did have fun at the tournament and was very fourtunate to be able to play seeing how the previous Friday I found out I re-tore my rotator cuff. Jacques, it's not too silly comparing events. That's how you know where you can improve in certain areas. And again if this was indeed the biggest howler then I assumed the payouts would have been fat. My bad for assuming that. Bernie, yes I'm happy with the answer but not the scarcastic sh*t behind it. I have been very nice on here and again asked a legit question. I got my answer so I am out.

Again I did enjoy the tournament. Thanks to everyone that helped.
I hope everyone has a great day!!!!
November 01, 2012 01:19PM
Good luck with you Rotator Cuff! Take care!
November 01, 2012 02:10PM
Kinda makes you wanna volunteer to TD a tournament don't it......lol

Bernie,
Sorry I couldn't make it over this year but I have heard nothing but positive comments from the Hub City crew. Keep on doing what you do for the game of disc golf.
Congrats to Buddy on his win.
November 01, 2012 11:28PM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> You two pricks can rot in f'n hell for talking
> about Robby and Tupelo Disc Golf like that. Better
> not ever catch you two in Tupelo after those
> remarks.

What are you going to do bring a computer screen and a keyboard you don't strike me as a real tough guy typing away angrily if I recall the last time you we at butts park and someone was looking for you, you left out pretty quick drop the tough guy act nobody buys it and most people have you blocked on here and if they don't its only to see how big of a douche you can be
Anonymous User
November 02, 2012 08:56AM
Ha, coming from a guy with no name in his username...

You must not remember correctly, that sob thieving crook of a TD Tony Bass had every chance in the world to do something, did he? What I thought. Did I look scared? Don't think so. Tougher than you think, Pecker.
November 02, 2012 01:55PM
Well if I recall correctly when you where approached before the tourney and were told, "This aint the internet" you quickly picked up your stuff and walked away, and I have nothing to hide my name is Max Barron and if you would like to meet me and have something to say to my face then please feel free I live in Jackson, Ms. Please feel free to look me up and come down and see me other wise I have really nothing else to say about it other than you sure do a whole lot of talking for such a nonconfrentation person.
Anonymous User
November 02, 2012 02:30PM
Will do Pecker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013