Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012

Posted by Warlord 
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 11:31AM
By the way your not even running this tourny so when nov 10th comes you want take it up to dave or alan at the tourny. You are just beating a dead horse



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2012 11:34AM by CajunWarrior33.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 11:44AM
The pars and distances on the signs are incorrect. Yes, we have already established, ad nauseum, that you don't know what par is. You wear that lack of understanding of par on your sleeve quite well. You continue to throw barbs, but all you have is ignorance of the subject to back up your claims related to par. So I pose this question to you: What gives you the right to use the incorrect par designations just because you want to?

But I will answer your question, first by pointing out that I have not changed par for any reason. The par marked on "my" card is the correct par per the PDGA guidelines. You, on the other hand, apparently just made up numbers to your liking and call them par out of ignorance.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 11:48AM
Lol man u crack me up because your just digging a hole deeper and deeper for yourself, you are the idiot i think i have been playing long enough to know what par is... Dont let me see you on nov 10 because i will give you a peace of my mind.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2012 11:50AM by CajunWarrior33.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 11:51AM
Btw if you want to keep this arguement going go to another thread. This is the tourny thread to post thing related to the tourny.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 01:01PM
It was just an offer. I didn't know that you already had scorecards printed up. You may note from my cards that the distances have been corrected in addition to the pars. I also have a course map that I can put on the back of mine, with room for additional info.

As for par, you are partially correct in that we have already established, ad nauseum, your basic ingnorance of the concept of "par." My cards do not "change par," they simply reflect the correct par designations. I have no more right to "change par" than you. The real question is: What do you think gives you the right to incorrectly designate par just because you want to?
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 01:08PM
Ok it showing me tht your ignorant, i told you that this is a tourny thread and you should not be starting crap with people, 1 more time this happens, i will contact a someone that will try to get you banned from the forums. Quit with the stupid crap
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 01:14PM
CajunWarrior33 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok it showing me tht your ignorant, i told you
> that this is a tourny thread and you should not be
> starting crap with people, 1 more time this
> happens, i will contact a someone that will try to
> get you banned from the forums. Quit with the
> stupid crap
Are you really this stupid? How is he starting anything? You start this stuff every time. It's not his problem that 1. You don't understand what par means, 2. You troll this board, 3. You attack other posters over something you don't comprehend, and 4. you talk about ability like it has anything to do with the topic at hand.

Give him a piece of your mind? Are you seriously threatening another poster? You really should be banned. You probably need to use the ignore feature since you cannot discuss this topic calmly and logically.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 01:20PM
Ok aboviously this is getting out of hand but when i get told that im ignorant and dumb and he doesnt even know me i get kinda of mad. We will talk about this the day of the tourny and i promise i wont get out of hand now alan any new updates?
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 01:54PM
CWarrior,

Learn to use the "Cntrl F" feature of your browser. It let's you search the text of a page. Search this page and page 1 of this thread for the word "dumb." You will find that your post above was the first time that it was used. No one called you "dumb." You can also search for the word "idiot." Do you see a pattern? You are the only one who is calling people names. You are the one who reacted to a couple of prods between Keith and I over the par designations on the scorecard that I offered by stating the following:

"We have already argued about this and already stated that the pars will not be changed because you want them changed. I have already gotten par on this holes. What gives you the right to change them because of your lack of skill?"

You are the one who drug the argument into this thread.

BTW, the word I used was "ignorant" which means "lacking knowledge." I.e., when someone says that you are ignorant, they are saying that you don't know something. I used that word to suggest that you just don't know what "par" is. You say you think you know what par is because, you " . . . have been playing long enough . . ." but you refuse to accept the only existing standard for par.

But hey, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, so if you know what par is then give us all your definition and then tell all us "idiots" (your word), the difference between a par 3 hole and a par 4 hole? When you answer, please tell us where you got the standard so that I'll know where to look it up next time. As far as giving me a "peace" of your mind, I'll be happy to bring the beer (just name your preference) and discuss this with you for hours if you so desire.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 01:59PM
Ok this has gone too far... John k can u delete the all the post that dont relate to the tournament?
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 02:24PM
It would be particularly nice to know why 213' and 549' have the same "par" when both have wooded approaches.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 02:29PM
Go ask on general discussions not this thread
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 02:37PM
Are you a mod or my posting coach?
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 02:55PM
Guys par for a tournament is whatever the director sets it at......as far as par recreationally, use Discasaurus app for keeping score, it's on iphone and online, www.discasaurus.com , on there you will find buhlow, and you will find a have created a layout for each different par level, with the regular layout being all par "3". Play however you like, but know that for this tournament they will be all par 3, as per the tournament director.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 02:57PM
Thanks penny for explaining. They just dont get it.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 03:00PM
niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guys par for a tournament is whatever the director
> sets it at......as far as par recreationally, use
> Discasaurus app for keeping score, it's on iphone
> and online, www.discasaurus.com , on there you
> will find buhlow, and you will find a have created
> a layout for each different par level, with the
> regular layout being all par "3". Play however you
> like, but know that for this tournament they will
> be all par 3, as per the tournament director.


Yes, we use that ap. Thanks.
Anonymous User
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 07:25PM
The cards look great Jazzcaster. I'm man enough to use one too, y'all heard ? A couple par fours ain't gonna make me screw up my score.

The man has a dream. Don't crush people's dreams.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 07:36PM
I see both sides of the argument here. There probably are holes that should be designated par 4's. On the other hand, it doesn't really matter. Whenever I see a course, I just decide what each par is for me and play the hole accordingly. Sometimes it should vary for different people. If I'm playing a 550 foot, mostly open hole, I just want to make sure that I make an easy 3 while many pros are actually attempting to reach this hole from the tee. Additionally, often times I will play for a 3 instead of a 2 on holes that do not set up well for my game while I will be much more aggressive for a 2 on others which suit my game better than others. The par on the tee sign or scorecard really should not affect at all the way in which a player plays the course. You should play each hole in a manner which will give you the best scoring average on that hole over a significant number of times playing it... barring a situation in which you potentially might need to be more aggressive in order to make up strokes of course.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 07:45PM
Mr. Cox for the win.....
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 08:04PM
Good point casey!
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 08:33PM
Great points Casey!

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 08:39PM
Yeah casey way to point that out:-)
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 23, 2012 08:28AM
It's an argument with no apparent end, although I don't think that there should be much of an argument at all since there is a published standard. As to people playing all holes as if they were par 3 vs. designating the hole as a par 3 on the sign, well, those are two different things. When you approach a hole that you have never played before, the par designation is a little bit of information about the comparative difficulty of the hole versus other holes. If all holes are labeled "Par 3" the par designation is meaningless and doesn't help anyone.

As for the scorecards, I still hold open the offer to print them up (with a course map on the back - see below) and to put the tourney name on them and edit them as the tournament directors want. The scorecard was simply meant as an offer to contribute, nothing more.



If you have any suggestions for the course map, please let me know.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 23, 2012 08:53AM
Great looking map. :cheers:
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 23, 2012 05:25PM
Jazzcaster,

Thanks for the offer of help....David told me that he would try to make contact with you. We appreciate any assistance we can get on this one.

The card looks good....and the map is something I wish I would have had the first time I played.

The "par" thing, as you said, is an argument that has no end. I agree with you....but I have come to treat every hole with a "personal par" as does Casey. Maybe, after this tournament, when there is a record of how Open players score on the holes in question, actual listed pars can be adjusted.

I'll be talking to David a little later tonight and will post updates as they come....

Alan
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 24, 2012 09:29AM
We picked up two bags or so of trash yesterday. Mostly Mountain Dew and energy drink cans. Many of those appeared even after trash cans were placed on the course. I have been very surprised at the amount of littering on the course. Hopefully, the cans will be seen now by all, and used.

Cheers to whoever poisoned the ants. The piles along the tees were getting out of hand.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 24, 2012 10:14AM
I believe it was the park rangers over there, some of the nicest guys over there, always asking what we think to improve the course like trash cans, ant problems, and stuff like that.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 24, 2012 10:33AM
Yes. Very nice. Very apologetic when confronted with the fact that the course was open during a 3D archery shoot where the archers set up targets in 6 fairway. He rushed to get a closed sign posted before things got bad. Should have seen the guy that got hit in the foot with a disc. he just knew there was no reason we should be out there. I hope they change the location for next year's shoot. So much land out there. No reason for the two activities to conflict.
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 24, 2012 11:21AM
Yea hole 6 has become a problem for us as well, being so close to the parking lot, and the walking trail. I have a teenager grab my disc and start walking away with it, as I was making my way from Tee after driving. I had a mom grab my disc and throw it, cause she thought we were trying to hit her kids, who were on a blanket far to the left. Numerous times, i have had to wait for bridal photographers, to clear out before throwing my disc, and I didnt see them, but there was 2 people laying down behind a tree, being intimate, and i drove and my frisbee missed the guys head by like a few inches, and smacked the tree, scaring the crap outta them. So yea hole 6 is a bit of a problem, signs will need to be placed for tournament day
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
October 24, 2012 11:41AM
niklpenny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but there was 2 people
> laying down behind a tree, being intimate,


That park attracts some unusual behavior.....besides disc golf.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013