Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012

Posted by Warlord 
Re: Red River Rendezvous - Fort Buhlow DGC - 10 Nov 2012
November 11, 2012 08:48PM
Just wanted to let everybody know that Dad (Ron Byrd) was in an accident this afternoon passing thru Oil City on the way back to New Mexico. Car was hit by oncoming truck on two lane bridge....tore entire driver's side off. He broke two cervical vertebrae, but is in pretty good condition. Doctor said that if he weren't in such good condition he would have probably been killed. I don't know any 80 year old men that could make it through something like that.....don't know any that could spank Marvin McVay like that, either.

He's in good spirits, though....told me to tell Marvin that beating him was so hard that it put him in traction.

He'll be out of the disc golf business for a while, also. That is the toughest thing on him right now.

Doc has released him to fly back to New Mexico.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2012 09:27PM by Warlord.
November 11, 2012 09:05PM
Sorry to hear Allan! We will keep him in our prayers!

November 12, 2012 05:52AM
Corrected SN Report

Corrected Copy
Anonymous User
November 12, 2012 08:09AM
PM me Ron's home address so I can send a card, please. Ron is a really fine player and I enjoyed playing with him.

Let's not get too carried away on Marvin finishing second. That was my sixth tournament with Marvin, and it was just not a good outing for him, which is not to take anything away from Ron playing well and making up two shots on the second round. I would pay money to see Ron and Marvin on a day when both are at their best. Two great guys and DG'ers.
Anonymous User
November 12, 2012 08:44AM
Best wishes on a speedy recovery to Ron...

Thanks for fixing up the file on your end Warlord, I have cleaned up the event's SN Ratings page:

[docs.google.com]
November 12, 2012 01:38PM
Why are my ratings different on Bluff's than they are on Alan's?
Anonymous User
November 12, 2012 02:04PM
Nick when I looked at the numbers, the pDGA had the 2nd round rating on the same tees about 16 points below the first round. That was due to the limited number of players playing that set of tees the 2nd round. So I adjusted the ratings for the SN to make the SN Ratings more accurate.
November 12, 2012 02:13PM
So the southern nationals ratings and the pdga ratings dont match?
when i average to 2 PDGA ratings from both rounds I get a 907, but with the SN ratings I get 914
Anonymous User
November 12, 2012 02:26PM
No the SN and pDGA ratings don't always match. Most of the time, the SN Ratings will match the pDGA, but not always. If there is a statistical anomaly that can be identified, then the SN will calculate a different set of numbers and use those.

There isn't really must difference between 914 and 907. It's less than 2/10 of 1%.
November 12, 2012 06:09PM
Sorry to hear of Mr. Byrd's accident and I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.
November 13, 2012 06:35AM
[www.sndg.org]

Results are on the site, any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org

JOhn k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013