Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 3 - 24 Nov 2012

Posted by DG Guy 
Announcing the Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 3 - 24 Nov 2012
October 22, 2012 02:56PM

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2012 06:36AM by John K.
Re: Announcing the Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 3
October 22, 2012 08:48PM
Iron Bowl Day, But as an Auburn fan i doubt i'll want to see that game, haha.

Might try to make it up!

-will
October 22, 2012 08:56PM
Whats the current status of that course? Didn't it used to be a restaurant or something? Is the house still open?
October 22, 2012 09:17PM
The Pickwick Plantation used to be called teh Sulfer Springs Hotel in years gone by, before my time here.

At present, the house is not being used at all, I am trying to work a deal to take it over, get the Bed & Breakfast going and have Disc GOlf weekends there, with a clubhouse, bands, food, rooms and bunks to accomodate Disc GOlfers!

Would really be a cool place!

As it is, it is a pay to play course! $3 a day during hte Week and $5 on the weekends.

I would love to see it doing more! It's a very cool place!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
October 27, 2012 01:13PM
has the grass been kept cut? id like to make a trip and play one day soon
October 27, 2012 02:26PM
Drew,

I will be heading up there in the next few days to drop off a flyer! I will post something!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
October 31, 2012 09:10PM
love this tourny and course..hope to make my 3rd trip this yr
November 03, 2012 09:48AM
Bill, put Flick McWraith down for advance, only way I wont be there is if I still have nerve damage and Cant feel my darn fingers.
November 04, 2012 08:56PM
ONly complaints that I've heard or have had myself about the course, is the upper section...The hardwood trees dropping leaves which is common this time of year..If someone couild take a leaf blower and blow 30 ft. circle around the baskets....not fairways..cause rain erosion during the December rains..but just around the baskets would take disc hunting out of the circle, maybe could speed up a tad.....Bill Thanks again for putting on this event, I hope Mac comes.I always enjoy hanging out with you guys..
November 04, 2012 10:23PM
I have purchased a Stihl leave blower, so it should be no problem to blow off the tees, a path down the fairways and around the baskets

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 06, 2012 12:44PM
I will be able to make this one.
November 06, 2012 01:54PM
I believe im gonna be able to make this one! Never been so any directions will be greatly appreciated or can i just google maps what word, name, place etc.? Thanks and look forward to it!
November 06, 2012 02:06PM
There is a back way( or better way) but I would think the easiest way coming from southaven would be driving down 72 to 25 north and then it turns into 57 and the course is on your right when you get in pickwick. About 2 miles after the state line. It is right behind Jon's pier which is a good restaurant and the owner of the restaurant owns the disc golf course aswell.
November 06, 2012 02:12PM
you can also look up jon's pier on google maps and it will bring you to the course.
November 07, 2012 05:11PM
Thank you sir!!^
November 07, 2012 06:04PM
Yo, Travis, DUDE, you gotta do this one. Its fairly easy to find, Dustin put it down in a nut shell, however the GPS cordinace is on dgcoursereview.com AND BRING ME A COPY of that CD physco was playing at BUTLA..
SIR.
November 07, 2012 06:48PM
Took a flyer up to the Plantation today, course could use a little leef blowing and some weed eating would really be nice. The mowing is not bad, but could be worse.

I plan to get up there the week before the event and blow all the boxes of and for sure around the baskets! My take the mower & weedeater up and run them some also!

All in all, things look pretty good!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 08, 2012 08:52AM
I think one of the main issues is the high grass on 1,10 ,4 17...if a discs lands in the creek it is almost impossible to see under the water...I might can try to cut some of it with a sling blade sometime after work. I was really out of line on the last event Bill, I will try to clean up and help you for this event as much as I can.
November 08, 2012 02:14PM
Dustin, no big!

All help is appreciated, to be sure, especially on a one day event! Everything is compressed, still have everything to do, but just have one day to do it!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 08, 2012 02:43PM
I will try to go after work tomorrow trim some of that thick grass.
November 08, 2012 04:50PM
TacO.
November 08, 2012 07:21PM
bringing a crew from Memphis for this one.....cant wait. Never had the chance to play this track.
November 11, 2012 11:16AM
Put me down for one amateur, coming from Memphis! Blake N.
November 12, 2012 11:54AM
I have been getting some calls asking about what discs are being offered to the Amateur Players at this event, here is the list of discs ordered. They will be here tomorrow! I will try to post a picture of the discs before this weekend!

CFR Champion Vulcans - 170-172
CFR Champion TeeDevils - 170-172
CFR Aviar Drivers - 173-175
CFR Aviar Putters - 170-172
CFR Destroyers - 165-169
CFR Katanas - 173-175
CFR Teebirds - 173-175
CFR Wraiths - 173-175

These discs are NOT FREE! They will come out of the payout! So, basically, half of the Amatuer payout will comprise of the disc each that each and every Amateur player will receive, what is left will have the $2 per person sanctioning fees and $2 per person for the Pickwick Plantation and the cost of the Plaque deducted.

All other divisions will have the $2 per person sanctioning fees and $2 per person for the Pickwick Plantation and the cost of the Plaque deducted.

Any sponsorships that are recieved will offset these fees or the Plaques, as far as the sponsorship money will go.

There will also be some 150 class Sidewinders and Valkyries for sale with the event Hotstamp on them.

Weather permiting, I will be at the course doing some tweaking this cominig Saturday with a lawnmower, weedeater, hedger, and leave blower. Will also be taking a grill and cooking out! So if you care to come and help out, you will be welcome!

You will be able to preregister for the event this weekend! Also you can also contact me about payment by check or PayPal prior to the event.

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 12, 2012 07:52PM
Better bring chainsaw tree in #11 fairway before the ditch ..and on 13 there is 2 or 3 old big dead trees that look very dangerous that need cut down JS
November 12, 2012 09:11PM
Will do

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
Re: Announcing the Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 3 - 24 Nov 2012
November 13, 2012 06:31PM
If u could make workday sunday insead of saturday i can make it bill
November 15, 2012 11:12AM
Michael,

There may still be some things left to do on Sunday, I will make a post Saturday night to let everyone know where we are and if htere is anything left to do!

Discs are in and they look pretty sweet. .

[/center

Have 6.1 oz Long Sleeve Heather Gray Shirts ordered, very limited supply (2 dozen)! Small through XL will be $15, 2XL is $16, and 3XL is $17. the size breakdown will be:

2 small
3 medium
6 large
6 XL
6 2XL
1 3XL

Let me know if you want one ASAP and what size you need so I can be sure to have it!

The green will be a lot brighter that in the printout! They will also have a Team Pickwick Disc Golf print below the collar on the back!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 15, 2012 04:43PM
Justin perry adv and I would like a shirt xl please thank you and ready for this one I enjoyed this course very much last year
November 15, 2012 10:42PM
Bill we coming saturday mornin to play 2 rounds might try n help out after and how much are shirts
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013