Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 3 - 24 Nov 2012

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: Announcing the Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 3 - 24 Nov 2012
November 16, 2012 10:06AM
Michael,

Small to XL's are $15, 2X are $16, and 3X are $17

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
November 17, 2012 07:46AM
Bill,
James and I will be leaving out at 9:00; got saws and weedeaters, blower, and tool stuffs. See Ya in a few!!!
November 17, 2012 08:47PM
A long day at Pickwick, but well worth it!

Thanks go out to Jack White, James Burton, and Shane Mars. I think the course is in just a bout as good a shape as possible. Did a lot of mowing, blowing,Triming and cutting and I think you are going to like the results.

I am sure there will be some players out tomorrow to get some practice rounds in, there are a few branches that were cut on the back that need to be picked up and got rid of. Other than that the course is ready to play.

Might change the pin positions tomorrow to mix it up some.

The dogs and burgers were the bomb! Nothing like a good chow down after putting in a bunch of hours working on the course.

Hope to see you all there next week, going to be a good time!

I may head out Friday morning to get set up, maybe play a glow mini Friday night! We will see how it all works out.

Wishing everyone a great Thanksgiving. . .Please Pass the Stuffing. ...III

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 19, 2012 10:36AM
Bill,
North MS Allstars Thanksgiving Show at the Minglewood this friday night places me on the fence for the Pass the Stuffing tourney in the a.m. - if I am not there at least you'll know the jams must have been incredible!!! Peace!! Griff
November 19, 2012 11:38AM
Hate I'm gonna miss this one... But the Egg Bowl is calling my name.
jcb
November 19, 2012 01:07PM
Well I sure hope all you Advanced Masters are not staying home.
November 19, 2012 01:59PM
I know Tony Palmer and Ronnie Mccoy are coming
November 19, 2012 07:01PM
Bill I want to buy at least one of those printed wraiths please.. take at least two of those off the market. i still want two shirts also.. thanks man, this event seems to be growing day by day... MEMPHIS advance CREW hey yall come on down.. Alabama ADV crew Come on over.... JUDGES in jackson.. come on up...
November 20, 2012 07:50PM
A few notes on how we will be playing this weekend at the Pass the Stuffing 3!

We will be doing a Divisional Start the first round, you will be playing both rounds with those in your division. Depending on numbers, you could end up in a different division, especially the first round. Second round will be group by scores.

Open and Pro Masters will throw from the Championship tees the second round, all other divisions will play the regular tees both rounds.

If we have someone to move the backets, we will move them between rounds.

Tips' Ole Southern Bar-B-Que will be providing food at the break for a very reasonable cost.

Registration will stop at 9:00 for the players meeting and we will tee off as close to 9:30 as we can. It gets dark a lot sooner this time of year so we want to finish in the daylight!

All AMATEUR players will get a Custom stamped tournament disc. your choices will be Champion Vulcans, Champion TeeDevils, Glow Aviar Driver or Putters, Champion Glow Destroyers, Champion Glow Teebirds, or Champion Glow Wraiths, 150 Class Sidewinders or Valkryies.

Longsleeve Gray Tees will be available in very limited numbers for $15 for smalls to XL's, $16 for the 2x's, and $17 for the one 3x.

I hope to be up there Friday afternoon to set up and begin preregistering players. Registration will resume at 7:00 Saturday Morning until the Players meeting.

This should cover most of it, any questions you can contact me.

Looking forward to another great Pickwick Pass the Stuffing!

See you all there. .

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 20, 2012 08:00PM
Griff, dude, you got to make your place in the field of dreams dude, this course is fun. It could stand an occasioal 3 gallons of leaf blowing action,but if you play for the ace of each championship tee. just watch how close you are... .. I'm comin up..and A ton of Tupelo are. ..
November 20, 2012 08:47PM
Bill. Four or five of us will be coming from Hamilton Saturday morning will there be a problem getting into the tournament if we don't pre-register?
November 20, 2012 09:00PM
How many have already entered the tournament?
November 21, 2012 06:00AM
Will there be a novice? Met 2 new players that wanted to come to play in the event.
November 21, 2012 10:05AM
Also, Open will play am pads the first round?
November 21, 2012 08:01PM
well i just joined and looking forward to playing saturday. i am part of the TDGA crew LOL !! Don't hold that against me. Looking forward to playing.
November 23, 2012 12:38AM
As of this moment, onlyone player has registered. This will change tomorrow.

From the calls and messages I have been getting, looks like we will be having some fivesomes! We will just have to see!

I did not offer a Novice or Junior Divisions for this event, so I did not do any art for a plaques or price the entry. Also the slower play could be a problem with the shorter days, especially if we end up with quite a few groups of five.

I will be heading that way tomorrow to get set up.

See you all there. .

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 23, 2012 09:22PM
Three of us from Jackson TN will be there about 7:30..
November 24, 2012 10:39AM
Well we filled up, 74 players! Had to have two fivesomes!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 25, 2012 02:35PM
Another record breaking event at Pickwick!

We ended up with two players over the limit and had to play with two fivesomes, but it still went pretty smooth.

As it usually turns out there are those who wanted things done differently! Speak up and let me know, I have always listend to those with different ideas, some of them work, some don't, just the way of things.

I have been told that there may not be any Advanced players at Tishomingo because of the was this event was run, I believe they are refering to all the Amatuer players getting an event disc and the Advanced players did not. Looking at the last Tishomingo event, there were twice as many Advanced players as there were at Pickwick!

The event was advertised with the format and payout we would be doing for right at a month prior to the event. Plenty of time for anyone to speak up and make a suggestion. These events are for the players, all of them, I want you all to come out and enjoy them.

I will be posting the flyer for the Tishomingo Ice Bowl very shortly with the formats we will be using to raise money for the Iuka Food Depot. Last year many did not like the "buy a birdie" aspect, so that is now gone. Let me know what you think about the new format. I plan to bring the doubles into the charity fund raising also.

Anyway, thanks to all who came out and braved the cold and wind, and afew thousqan leaves to compete in this years Please Pass the Stuffing 3.

Here are the results . .

Let me know if I misspelled anyones names!

Thanks

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 25, 2012 04:52PM
Lisa hearn is not eligible to play in intermediate women.
November 25, 2012 04:56PM
She cashed in pro master at rumble in the jungle and what I see lost in 1 event since.
November 26, 2012 09:21AM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lisa hearn is not eligible to play in intermediate
> women.

So what? If she beat and intermediate player you would have a valid point. But since she was the only woman to show up in a field of 74 players what is the harm in letting her play for $30 instead of $50?

Gary Wagoner
November 26, 2012 09:37AM
The division that she cashed in was offered at this event (there was 2 other pro master women)....rules are rules...if no advanced players show up at an event and i see that a lot of top pros show up, is it ok for me to play in a lower division that I am clearly not eligible for? I believe that the reason many women do not play or do not enjoy competitive play is because of the skill of the intermediate field. If we have professional women playing in intermediate, then that will cause more women not to play. She may not be aware of the rule and I am not blaming the TD or anything like that. I just think it should be stated so that other TD's know that her status is professional. Better to state it now than to upset someone at an event and ruin someone's weekend.
November 26, 2012 09:51AM
Gary your statement is false....there was a total of 5 women that I remember because i was at the tournament.
November 26, 2012 10:24AM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gary your statement is false....there was a total
> of 5 women that I remember because i was at the
> tournament.

My mistake. I looked at the abbreviations, MFM, MFO & MPO without looking at the names and assumed that M stood for Men since Lisas division was the only one that started with an F. You have a valid point. However, I do know that Lisa is recovering from an arm injury which may have influenced her request to play in the intermediate division.

Gary Wagoner
November 26, 2012 11:46AM
I am not trying to be a butt head on this issue. But she needs to know what division she is eligible to play so that she does not accidentally sign up for the wrong division. I think that she may not know the proper rule on pro classification.
November 26, 2012 12:03PM
Dustin,

I will talk with her, as I am sure everyone knows, she is a pretty standup lady! We will get it straighened out before I submit the report. Thanks

On another note, I mispelled Jonathan Radin first name, put him down as Johnny, and forgot to put the s on Andrea Meyers name.

I will make those corrections to the report file before I send it to John K.

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 26, 2012 02:03PM
She has always seemed nice in my opinion. Thats why I believe she may not know the rule on it.
Hey Dustin , you ever thought about running a Pickwick spring tournament? Would be a good opportunity to TD one that would draw a lot of players.
November 27, 2012 06:07PM
I have been wanting to host a tournament for a while and will host one soon. This past year i have been working 60-70 hours a week... A lot of good money but not a lot of time to host an event because i have been working Saturdays and some Sundays. I have been off on Sundays so I may try to host a fundraiser tournament on a Sunday sometime. Work is slowing down though so i might have the time to host a few tournaments. We will see.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013