Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

3RD ANNUAL FLING FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT

Posted by Slim T 
3RD ANNUAL FLING FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT
October 29, 2012 10:48AM
This is an early shout out for the 3rd Annual Fling For Life tournament on 23 February 2013. I will put out more information at a later date.

I'm going to be out of pocket for awhile starting the last week of November. Having another knee surgery (2nd one in 15 months). According to the Drs. I will be close to normal (whatever normal is) by the time the tournament comes around in February. My playing days are over, but I still love the sport and look forward to another great turnout for this tournament. Those who support this tournament I can never thank you enough for supporting a great cause.

If anyone or any business would like to be a sponsor for the tournament please let me know. Thanks for the support.

Go Fling One For Me!

Ty Beach
(850) 621-0044
Re: 3RD ANNUAL FLING FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT
December 05, 2012 10:47AM
Here is the tournament information for the 3RD Annual Fling For Life Tournament. If you have any questions are would like to be a sponsor please give me a call. See you in February!

Tournament Director: Ty Beach (beachmotley@yahoo.com) (850-621-0044) Assistant TD Jim Orum (skysouth96 [at] yahoo.com) (251) 478-0379
Date(s): 2/23/2013 Location: Blue Angel Park - Pensacola, FL
2013 Fling For Life
December 05, 2012 10:48AM
technical difficulties

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 10:52AM by Slim T.
December 05, 2012 10:52AM
2013 Fling For Life

Tournament Director: Ty Beach (beachmotley@yahoo.com) (850-621-0044) Assistant TD Jim Orum (skysouth96 [at] yahoo.com) (251) 478-0379
Date(s): 2/23/2013 Location: Blue Angel Park - Pensacola, FL
2013 Fling For Life

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 10:57AM by Slim T.
December 05, 2012 11:19AM
2013 Fling For Life

Benefitting American Cancer Society's Relay For Life. Hosted by Skysouth.com, Blue Angel Recreation Park and the American Legion Post 382 Navarre Florida.

Where: Blue Angel Recreation Park
When: February 23, 2013

Tournament will be comprised of two rounds of 18 (if needed, all three courses will be used for play)
Sign-up will be from 3:00 - 4:00 on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning 7:45 until 9:00
Players meeting will start at 9:00
Tee off at 9:30 sharp!
2nd round will commence one hour after last card is turned in from first round
Awards ceremony will be after completion of 2nd round approximately 30 minutes after completion of round

This is a 2013 Southern Nationals Qualifier

Entry Fees:

$27.00 - all AMs and Novice Divisions
$37.00 - Advance and all Pro Divisions
**A minimum of two players is required to field a division**

Payout will be to the top 1/3 of each division, except Juniors and Novice. 75% of entry will be paid to players and 25% will go to charity.

Ring of Fires, CTPs and other prizes and drawings will be held at the event.

This event grew last year from the first. Over 110 players last year. Look forward to an even bigger turnout this year. I look forward to seeing you there.

If you have any questions or would like to be a hole sponsor please let me know.

I would like to thank Key Chains Disc Golf for once again sponsoring this event.

Ty Beach
Tournament Director
850-621-0044
December 05, 2012 05:07PM
i guess your not going to let me help as a t.d. helper; thanks dicweed.
December 06, 2012 07:39AM
So glad some things never change. Mike you can help anytime, any place. I'll see you Saturday.

Ty
December 06, 2012 08:45AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 12, 2012 12:31PM
Would like to thank the sponsors who have committed so far:

Key Chains Bike & Disc
American Legion Post 382
Thomas Bernardo

Thank you. Anyone else who would like to be a sponsor please let me know.

Thomas, it was great talking with you this morning.

Ty Beach
850-621-0044
December 19, 2012 12:33PM
Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I'll see you in February.

Ty
January 03, 2013 05:56PM
Well I had an interesting end to the year. Had a mild heart attack the Friday before Christmas and got to spend a couple of days in the hospital. Made it home for Christmas and doing great now. Docs and I deciding on what we are going to do, probably a stent. Anyway, also am having surgery on February 5th on left knee again. The tournament will go on no matter how much I may or may not be hobbling around. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and look forward to seeing everyone at the tournament.

Still looking for some more sponsors if anyone is interested. Thank you.

Ty Beach
January 03, 2013 07:43PM
OMG.... Hugs and good thoughts heading your way Ty ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
January 04, 2013 08:55AM
@#$%& ty you just have to out do me; don't ya GO ARMY!!!!!
January 04, 2013 10:05AM
Thanks for the well wishes. Didn't know anybody would claim to be in the Army Mike. Definitely not trying to out do you in the sucky health department. One race I don't want to win. See you soon.

Ty
January 05, 2013 08:01AM
Good morning.

Got confirmation on a sponsorship from ResortQuest late yesterday. They are donating a 2 night stay in a condo at any of their locations from Panama City to Orange Beach. Depending on location this can be valued up to 500.00. I've decided to use this as the prize for our CTP contest. More information at the tournament. See you then and come get some.

Ty
January 16, 2013 08:30AM
Trailers are available. Please call 850-453-9435 for reservations. If you are not a military ID card holder give my name as I am the sponsor. Be sure and tell them you are playing in the tournament.

Got some goodies donated by Steve Hollis for ring of fires. If anybody else has anything they would like to donate please let me know. Could still use some more hole sponsors.

T-shirts look great. Will post them as soon as I get the final draft.

Thanks to everyone for your support of this tournament.

Ty
January 22, 2013 03:56PM
Just wanted to remind everybody about the trailers. Please ensure you get your reservation in early.

Thanks again to all my sponsors so far. Can still use some more. Thank you in advance for your support of this tournament.

Ty
January 28, 2013 11:05AM
Trailers are available. Please call 850-453-9435 for reservations. If you are not a military ID card holder give my name as I am the sponsor. Be sure and tell them you are playing in the tournament.

Still looking for hole sponsors. If interested please give me a call at 850-621-0044 or post here.

Thanks,

Ty
January 30, 2013 04:57PM
Got a phone call from BAP today and there are still trailers available. So far only 3 reserved for tournament. Give them a call and get your trailer reserved.

Could still use some sponsors.

I will be there Friday afternoon for registration from 3-4 pm. Maybe a little longer, but definitely 3-4.
Thanks,

Ty
February 06, 2013 02:54PM
Had a bad connection on the phone a few minutes ago and couldn't understand your name, but, thanks for the hole sponsorship. I will post as soon as I know who it was.

Five trailers taken so far. Still trailers available.

Ty
February 08, 2013 11:36AM
just fyi there will be a new hole on the oaks; and an addition to a hole on the pines; the hole #5 will be a booby hole like the one in hattisburg; and there will be a new holoe between 10 & 11 on the oaks. the hole after the revene will be gone; also the fence hole will be completly diffirent.
February 11, 2013 04:11PM
A reminder to those wanting to be a sponsor for the tournament. This Thursday is the deadline to sponsor and get on the t-shirt. Please give me a call with your sponsorship and I'll make sure you make it on the shirt and get a hole sign.

Trailers are still available.

There will be food for lunch available at park for donation.

Anyone wanting to help at tournament I can probably use it since I'm not moving to fast. Surgery was on Friday and was successful, just need time to heal. Hopefully be moving well by tourney day.

Ty
850-621-0044
February 11, 2013 06:21PM
T-shirts look great and will be available to the first 100 players who sign up. As a reminder again, I will be at the course on Friday afternoon from 3-4 for early regristration. I want to thank Mike Brown for doing a great job on the shirts, as usual.

See everybody in a couple of weeks.

Ty
February 12, 2013 03:08AM
Mike's the man!! Mike brown, I mean. Sideways doesn't have a clue. Thank you, mr brown!
February 12, 2013 09:04AM
chris are you gone yet?????
February 12, 2013 12:50PM
Yep, I'm in Jackson, ms. I'll be there for the tourney, though. Don't know how we'll I'll play, cause I won't be able to touch a disc for 2 weeks, but I'll be there.
February 12, 2013 06:21PM
but your chris b. i bet anyone he cashes
February 12, 2013 11:42PM
I'll bet u $300 I don't, lol
February 17, 2013 03:45PM
Less than a week to go...can't wait!
February 18, 2013 03:17PM
BUMP !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013