Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ZEPHYRMAN MEMORIAL DEC 1ST 2012

Posted by Rouster 
Dex
Re: ZEPHYRMAN MEMORIAL DEC 1ST 2012
November 28, 2012 01:05PM
Things are looking good

Stephen H. (What) has arranged for Hooter wings, (thanks Chris and Pat) and Steve Folmar has offered to pick them up

Thanks to all of you

Bobbys Son, Adam, will play the first round as he has a wedding to attend that afternoon

See y'all Saturday

Dex
November 28, 2012 01:21PM
Red beans and rice too!
Also a zephyr only one round tourney will take place Sunday at 9am you can make it.

Dex
November 28, 2012 02:39PM
Weather should be fantastic, we just had some much needed rain so the course should be fine

Looking good

Dex
Anonymous User
November 28, 2012 02:47PM
Looking like I could be the only Old Geezer. Marvin isn't feeling too great right now and Joe is working. Is that how it's looking, Dex?
November 28, 2012 05:34PM
What's the payout
November 28, 2012 05:39PM
How can the payout be posted?
Can you tell me how many people will show in each division?
Who are you annoying orange?

November 28, 2012 06:38PM
I'm guessing he means payout percent, as in 50% of the field or 33%...
November 28, 2012 07:36PM
Like is it in discs ? Plaque medal
November 28, 2012 09:14PM
Aaron sims will be at this tournament do i need to pre reg or can i just sign up sat morning? ????
November 28, 2012 09:26PM
orangesherbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Like is it in discs ? Plaque medal

Correct me if I am wrong, but they let you pick your winnings at their events. So disc, bags, chairs, ect...
November 28, 2012 11:10PM
OKay sounds good thank you
November 29, 2012 12:06AM
With the TD's blessing, we will have the CFR discs for next year's SNDC for sale at this event.

Please consider purchasing one (or more) to support YOUR championship.
Dex
November 29, 2012 07:09AM
Jaques

Consider yourself blessed

Orange, Ams get paid in merchandise, their choice, Pros get cash,

The only thing we take out is the park fees $2.00 per player and S.N. fees $2.00 per player. We make up with extra cash and lots of CTPs

B.R. is usually around 40% per division, we always go up and above what is needed, and give extra spots on a regular basis, but we have no set in stone pattern we just make it really nice for the players.

Hope that helps

Every one be safe and hope to see y'all Saturday

Thanks
Dex
November 29, 2012 10:21AM
how about we pay out in orange sherbert?

love that stuff!

the weather is calling for some fog Saturday so please be aware. you may want to leave a little early and drive slower! TEE OFF 9:30

we will have FREE LUNCH at this tourney!! Hooters wings, Red Beans and Rice, and sloppy joes.

we are excited to see a great tournout to celebrate the life of our great friend Bobby "the Zephyrman" Debenedetto!

bring on the Zephyrs! Sunday morning there will be a zephyr only round held at 9:00 a.m.

Dex
November 29, 2012 11:03AM
Want to thank Steve Folmar for a $60.00 donation

we will do more CTPs and help with the food

Thanks
Dex
November 29, 2012 01:41PM
Dex, I should be rolling bt 3sh tommorrow. Will u or someone be at the course taking signups? Looking forward to seeing all my BR n SN friends one last time n 2012!
Dex
November 29, 2012 02:08PM
I don't think any one will be doing sign ups, but if we are there why the hell not?

Thanks and have a safe trip
Dex
November 29, 2012 03:02PM
Thankyou
November 29, 2012 06:38PM
I know I will be there right at 315 to play around so if anyone is playing around that time I am down to play or show some people the course if they haven't seen it yet
Anonymous User
November 29, 2012 06:51PM
Speaking of signups I will be there to save anyone $10 who wants to sign up for the New Orleans tournament next Saturday the 8th.

Just don't get all excited and kiss me on the lips like the Zephyrman did to me one time. "Don't think I won't do it" he said. I didn't think he would. I should have known!
November 29, 2012 10:29PM
I am glad to be able to attend this event. I love me some BR disc golf family! I don't really visit the forums much to stay out of the 9th grade drama. I hope to see a huge turn out. Will there be alternate tees? I am sure Greenwood is starting to be more open with the change in climate. I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.
Dex
November 30, 2012 07:10AM
There may be some

We have food, drinks, deserts, and doughnuts in the morning

more CTPs, would like to thank Aaron, sorry not sure of the last name

Mike you could never expect what Bobby would do, wish we had a picture

Be Safe

Dex
November 30, 2012 07:27AM
Bad thing is that after that kiss, Mike always had a little twinkle in his eye for ole Zephyr. haha

Weather should be nice. Headin out to the park later to make sure it's lookin good and ready to go, Zephyr style. Brad Wells, don't know if I'll still be out there at 3, but I'll try brother. It'll be good to see ya, just don't leave that wallet on hood.lol

Not sure about Alt tees for this one. There will be a few blue tees for sure. Me, Dex and WHAT may look at placing a few Gold tees, just depends on whether we have time or not. Either way it will be a fun tournament as always.

Lookin forward to seeing everyone.
November 30, 2012 09:57AM
hopefully Brad won't make a wrong turn and end up in Ohio!

we will be there this afternoon and hopefully end up with a couple of gold tees for the second round.

I was able to come up with a collage of pics of Bobby and they will be printed on a Zephyr for the family from BRDGA. Unfortunately they will not arrive until Monday. I am posting a pic of the disc below. Thanks to Joe Todd, Steve Timm, and Robin Adams for pictures. I had two myself - one great smile with those dark giant shades! Also a huge thanks to DiscStalker!

November 30, 2012 10:02AM
November 30, 2012 12:08PM
What a beautiful tribute to Bobby. He will surely be missed. Got to get me one of those zephyr special stamped discs.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
November 30, 2012 12:14PM
Yes, we are going to offer Zephyr class divisions for this event 1 OPEN and 1 AM. That means Zephyr only both rounds. Just like all of the other divisions payout will be 100% minimum. No SN points will be awarded for these divisions and the rounds will not be included for SN Player ratings. Marking your lie with your beverage container will be allowed.

Anyone interested in participating in the Zephyr class divisions please post your name here on this thread and I will try to make sure that you get a Zephyr.

So far we have:

OPEN
Shane Seal
Casey Cox
Logan Weiss
Kevin Weiss
Tony Bass ?

Who else? and don't be scared, it should be a lot of fun!
November 30, 2012 03:08PM
Good luck guys!!!! I know Kevin, Dex, and What and the rest of B.R.will do an outstanding job with this event. Unfortunately I have to work and will not be able to honor Zephyrman one last time.

November 30, 2012 03:28PM
Chunk Wrote:
. No SN
> points will be awarded for these divisions and the
> rounds will not be included for SN Player ratings.

It may fall under the special event class, allowing anybody who plays it 2 points in whatever division they would normally play.
November 30, 2012 06:34PM
misterbogey Wrote:
> I don't know if I can make this one but, if I do,
> I plan to plan it with 1 disc, the way Bobby did!
> No, it won't be a Zephyr, I can't throw one of
> them things sidearm; Bobby was the master at that!

I plan to be there but Marvin said he wouldn't so I'll have to play with those young kids!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013