Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013

Posted by DG Guy 
Well said bubbab ..gonna play in the doubles if can find a partner love playing tish
boy hiding under the name flick which should start with a P. All used disc donations are for rentals!!! Most People(the Non-baggers) would rather entry go into the payout!!!
PS:Not going to do course work Today( Logging road is mud) has to be next week!!!
Re: Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013
December 29, 2012 10:14AM
Flick McWraith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DG Guy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > EdLee Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > if you are trying to make advance players
> move
> > up
> > > by eliminating their tournament disc, it may
> > > backfire. I want to add that of the 5 0r 6
> Ice
> > > Bowls that I have played I have never
> received
> > a
> > > disc. These are charity events that help
> > > communities stock their foodbanks. I don't
> want
> > to
> > > discourage anyone from playing this one.
> People
> > > need the help and it makes Disc Golf look
> Good.
> >
> > As to when, and if a players moves up, I have
> > NEVER been one to hollar "bagger" when others
> do.
> > I personnaly think it is up to the individual
> to
> > determine when it is their time to move up. My
> > ONLY issue are those who attempt to sign up for
> a
> > division they are not qualified for, for what
> ever
> > reason!
> >
> > I do feel the SN Board needs to take some
> action
> > to rewrite some of the rules or guidlines so
> that
> > it is cleared to the players. There needs to be
> a
> > pamplet publishied to give to all players at
> > southern national events so that it is a lot
> > cleared. Many do got get on the internet and
> > simply are not aware when a rule gets changed,
> > like the six month rule!
> >
> > Years ago I took it upon myself to publish the
> > then current SN rules in a small book form. Not
> > sure it really helped!
> ...
> .
> What needs to happen is SOMEONE READ the Rules as
> far as DIVISIONS.... persay.. ADVANCE.<~~~~ NOT A
> CLASS by itself like NOVICE.. I mean advance
> NOVICE maybe?? NA..thats what AM is supposed to
> be..what about ADVANCE AM....if advance is NOT an
> am division BILL. maybe YOU WILL START CASHING
> advance players instead of used plastic or what
> ever happend in walldoxey that pissed off the the
> few that got used disc. man u really need to
> really rethink before you drink .

Ed, your post soes not make a lot of sense! let's break it down.

1. Reading rules is not a bad thing, from here you go downhill!
2. ADVANCE.<~~~~ NOT A CLASS by itself like NOVICE, this makes no sense whatsoever!
3. I mean advance NOVICE maybe?? Yeah, that brings may questions to mind, like WTF are you talking about!
4. NA..thats what AM is supposed to be..what about ADVANCE AM.... what about it? There is no such thing, either advanced or amateur!
5. if advance is NOT an am division. I have NEVER said that Advanced is not an Amateur division, NEVER! Everyone who does not play Pro is an amateur. When you sign up at at event, do you tell them you are Advanced or Amateur. THEY ARE SEPARATE DIVISONS! Always have been, always will be!
6. BILL. maybe YOU WILL START CASHING advance players instead of used plastic or what ever happend in walldoxey that pissed off the few that got used disc. Well to clarify this misconception. I had absolutely NOTHING to do with the payout at Wall Doxey. I was not the TD and did not supply ANY of the prizes. Is that CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU??????
7. man u really need to really rethink before you drink. I think all of the above clarifies WHO might be doing the drinking!

Class is DISMISSED

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
Re: Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013
December 29, 2012 11:49AM
I think this argument needs to end for the better of the sport.

Advanced and Am is the same thing. The wording needs to be advanced and Intermediate. I would agree with flick if I saw a flyer that said all Ams receive a disc as a TD myself that would mean anyone that does not sign up pro. Just a suggestion from here on out to resolve such misunderstandings would break it down to all intermediate players. Because flick is right about that. The advanced division is a part of the amateur field just like intermediate.

Either way this needs to stop going back and forth. It's not good for the sport.
Bubbab I will try my best to bring some used disc I don't throw ...
head Wrote:
> I think this argument needs to end for the better
> of the sport.
>
> Advanced and Am is the same thing. The wording
> needs to be advanced and Intermediate. I would
> agree with flick if I saw a flyer that said all
> Ams receive a disc as a TD myself that would mean
> anyone that does not sign up pro. Just a
> suggestion from here on out to resolve such
> misunderstandings would break it down to all
> intermediate players. Because flick is right about
> that. The advanced division is a part of the
> amateur field just like intermediate.
>
> Either way this needs to stop going back and
> forth. It's not good for the sport.

This... the minute we stop calling INTERMEDIATE players "AMs," things will become much clearer.

Professional divisions: Men's Pro Open, Women's Pro Open, Men's Pro Master, Women's Pro Master and so on.
Amateur divisions: Advance Amateur, Advanced Master Amateur, Intermediate Amateur, and so on...

I completely understand how advertising a player's pack for all "Ams" would lead Advanced Amateur players to believe they are going to receive a disc. That being said, everyone just needs to be clearer on this.

Ed Lee makes a great point about the Naquin and other events. If there is a shift away from giving Advanced players a player's pack, it needs to be stated openly AND Advanced division payouts should reflect this. Cashing players in the new Advanced divisions should expect to receive fat payouts since no money is being taken out of their entry fees other than SN fee ($2) and park fees, if applicable.
The flyer for the Pickwick tournament had three divisions listed, . 1. Pro, 2. Advanced, & 3. Amateurs. with a different entry fee for each. The flyer only listed Amateurs would recieve the tournament disc. Does anybody read that Advanced would recieve the tournament discs?
December 30, 2012 10:21AM
I understand that Mac but Ams is not a division it's a field. No big deal to me as an adv player but like Robby said we need tds to stop listing intermediate as am at signups
Robert 'Mac' Wrote:
> The flyer for the Pickwick tournament had three
> divisions listed, . 1. Pro, 2. Advanced, & 3.
> Amateurs. with a different entry fee for each.
> The flyer only listed Amateurs would recieve the
> tournament disc. Does anybody read that Advanced
> would recieve the tournament discs?

People are either Pro or Am. It is not right to try and "hand pick" which Ams should receive a player's pack. All Am's or no Am's(player's packs) sounds like a quick fix. I don't play for the discs...BUT I like to receive a tournament disc as a memento for that tourney.
This confusion over the language on flyers is interesting.

Regardless of the fact that Ams receiving a pack sounds like Ams and Advanced (or all Am divisions), the more important point is the history of how things have gone in the past.

I played Advanced for two years and I went to every SN event within driving range from Mobile to Lafayette to Little Rock. I got a player pack disc at every event.

Beyond that, it's standard at every PDGA event and disc golf event outside of SN for Advanced players to get player pack discs.

Financially speaking, it's a way for all Amateur divisions to leave happy. Everyone gets something, and the winners get something extra. If the Advaned players are suddenly not getting player discs, the payouts should be huge. $40 multiplied by number of players minus fees should be easily seen in payout numbers. Players have been coming to these events for years and they know how things have gone in the past, they have expectations based on the past, and if there is a new direction in Advanced payout, it should be clearly and openly addressed.

I just don't understand the reasoning for the change from a TD perspective. Traditionally, only pros are playing each other for their full entry fee.
Looking for a Doubles Partner to play Sunday at Tish. I can play Advanced Masters or Advance. If interested then PM me please no posts on the thread, we wouldn't want to clog this thread with posts not directly about the tournament now would we?
Look I like flick as a
Person but man I have never seen you cash in adv since I've been playing move down to am and get u a player pack at every event ? That will solve it plus you'll save money :)
@Bubbab I gave 4 used disc to office yesterday for rentals ...have a great new years everyone and drive safe.Don't drink and drive
Bill,
what is the format for dubs?
bill i am sure i can come up with a bunch of disc for your rental. ill also get with joshua and bring them with us next time we come
I thought when you miss a put,drive,approach move on its over.
The order for the work day at the Ridge will be #11, 13, New 14, 15, and 16. Looking to be there round 10 or whenever Our Driver/cutter shows. Will start with pin selection and sleeving, then clean up downed wood and brush cutting...
saturday or sunday?
Saturday, closer to 10:30ish; got to go buy concrete!!!
Nice, I would come out today but I got scheduled to work. :( Do you know of anything that needs to be done that yall may not (or did not by the time you see this) get finished today? I can try my best to try to help as much as I can. Been looking for a house and working from dark to dark during the week leaves me with no time. Now I am back to working on saturdays.
Keep in mind that I work at a steel plant. So if you or bill wanted a mando sign or something like that I could probably have it cut and painted if approved. Just something to think about.
New #14 is in, long #15 is done. A lot of timber is down and ready to move on #13 and #16 before new pin location can be installed. #2, #10 Tee, and #11 will be after that!
cant make saturdays rd...but plan on bein there for the dubs sunday..havent shot this place in awhile...lookin foward to it
Jack,

Thinking about a 666 (best shot/worst shot/alternate shot) layout for Warrior and straight best shot for Chickasaw! Let me know what you think!

Anyone have any items laying around hte house you need to get rid of, we will be having a silent auction this weekend, what better way to get rid of things AND help out a good cause?

Hope to see you all there. .

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
I would rather have best shot but that's just me. Not a fan of worst shot
I don't really like worst shot myself but its whatever td chooses...I was tlkin with jack today and I like his idea of best score..I never played doubles that way n think it would be neat to try....
Best score? That's pretty much singles.
Well yeah but you pick the best score out of you and your partner but ohhh well.....I think the reason he wants 666 is to change things up and make a challenge...which I agree it gets old best shot all the time.
What courses are the rec division playing on saturday?
I think tushka is completely out unless things change which I don't figure it will because suppose to rain wed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013