Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013

Posted by DG Guy 
I hate that we have only been able to use all three courses so few times. Hopefully that will change in this new year!

As far as the doubles format, we have only played best shot so far! You won't be so luck at the upcoming SNDC in Tupelo this year! I feel that we need to mix it up so that the doubles teams get a real taste of what a doubles event is all about, dealing with different formats!

That being said, we will run a 666 format on Warrior Ridge. One consolation! As you register for the Survivor Doubles, vote on the order you wish to play!

1. Worst Shot / Alternating Shot / Best Shot
2. Best Shot / Worst Shot / Alternating Shot
3. Alternating Shot / Best Shot / Worst Shot

Vote for 1, 2, or 3 when you register for the doubles. For those of you who cannot attend the Saturday event but plan to attend the doubles, you can post your vote here through Wednesday night. You can also text your team name & division and your vote to my cell number listed below.

See you there. ..

I am planning to be in the park Thursday setting up and all day Friday registering.

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
#2 michael fisher/doug prentiss. Am division

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2013 11:30AM by michael-lonewolf.
Let me clarify the format a little.

1. Worst Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Alternating Shot (7 through 12)/ Best Shot (13 through 18)
2. Best Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Worst Shot (7 through 12)/ Alternating Shot (13 through 18)
3. Alternating Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Best Shot (7 through 12)/ Worst Shot (13 through 18)

I would be much more confusing, and not quite as fair if you counted your starting hole due to the staggered start!

Hope this simplifies and and makes it fairer!

Keep the format votes coming!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
Bill the SNDC was played in tupelo this past year and we played all best shot.....
extremediscgolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What courses are the rec division playing on
> saturday?

All Divisions will be playing Chickasaw Trail and Warrior Ridge on Saturday. We will be having the Pro Divisions, Advanced divisions, & Amateurs. We have never used Intermediate and Recreational at Tishomingo.

Sunday Survivor Doubles will have a Mixed Division added in also.

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
DG Guy Wrote:
> extremediscgolf Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What courses are the rec division playing on
> > saturday?
>
> All Divisions will be playing Chickasaw Trail and
> Warrior Ridge on Saturday. We will be having the
> Pro Divisions, Advanced divisions, & Amateurs. We
> have never used Intermediate
and Recreational at
> Tishomingo.
>
> Sunday Survivor Doubles will have a Mixed Division
> added in also.

Bill, you sure? Starting to think Flick McWraith might of been onto something... LOL.
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> DG Guy Wrote:
> -----
> > extremediscgolf Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > What courses are the rec division playing on
> > > saturday?
> >
> > All Divisions will be playing Chickasaw Trail
> and
> > Warrior Ridge on Saturday. We will be having
> the
> > Pro Divisions, Advanced divisions, & Amateurs.
> We
> > have never used Intermediate and Recreational
> at
> > Tishomingo.
> >
> > Sunday Survivor Doubles will have a Mixed
> Division
> > added in also.
>
> Bill, you sure? Starting to think Flick McWraith
> might of been onto something... LOL.

Yes, I am very sure. I have NEVER had any leaderboard cards printed with Intermediate or Recreationsal, thus those two divisions have never been offered! I HAVE had NOVICE and Junior (boys and girls) leaderboad cards in the past, but never ever printed any Rec or Int. ones. And THAT is a FACT! ANYONE whos says different is sadly mistaken. Ask them to show you those divisions on a leaderboard card and see what happens!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
Dillon is just saying that there is no division as ams in SN or PDGA. What you consider ams is really intermediate.
Maybe on the voting we could have a vote for just best shot?
One more thing I just found out.

The Free entry to the 2013 SNDC in Lafayette, LA that will be awarded to the winner of the Tishomingo Survivor Double Pro Women's division will also include the Players pack AND one night at the Host Motel!

I am told this is around a $200 value.

Thanks to the 2013 SNDC!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
You can look on the leaderboard of any event I run and it has Intermediate because that is what ams really is called. If people would use this correct wording then it would do away with all of the confusion.
#3 is my vote since u clarified it better bill lol scratch #2
As far as if intermediate is getting players pack Yes it would help with advanced getting confused or complaining when they don't receive one...jmo
Thank you! I am looking forward to this weekend. It will be my first doubles tourney.
#3 Here as well
Re: Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013
January 08, 2013 08:32AM
Lookn for a partner for sunday

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
I'll partner with you if you want.
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

So far it looks like the third option is the favorite!

Got to thinking that any other way of setting hte holes could possibly be a big disadvantage on what format you played the whole. Thought this would be the fairest way and everyone would basically have the same thing to deal with.

I know that Amateurs are the same as the Intermediate, When I print cards, I prind a lot of them! So, when I run out of Amateur leaderboard cards the next batch will say intermediate, but the cards cost to print and I do not want to throw them away.

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
1. Worst Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Alternating Shot (7 through 12)/ Best Shot (13 through 18) - 1 vote
2. Best Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Worst Shot (7 through 12)/ Alternating Shot (13 through 18)) - votes
3. Alternating Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Best Shot (7 through 12)/ Worst Shot (13 through 18)) - 2 votes

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
As far as if intermediate is getting players pack Yes it would help with advanced getting confused or complaining when they don't receive one...jmo.................................. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE CLEAR AS WATER IN PICKWICK.... but I STILL MUST ASK THIS QUESTION... Does the tournament at Tish. have different division rules that were applied to PICKWICK... I mean does tennessee have a different set of rules. stating that ADV is NOT an am.. BUT at TISH i see that it is.
@ Dillon, I am onto something.... its called wondering why in tennessee ADVANCE, is NOT a AM division, I could careless what color a card is. I'll let it go tho, Im not going up there and giving my money away to someone that disrespected me and my club president.
Flick, I'm so disappointed that you are not coming to join us in this fundraising effort. I was so looking forward to getting to know you better since you seem like such a "Great Guy"! Everyone make plans to make this Ice Bowl special! Remember "No Whimps, No Whiners" !!!!!!
bill,when you say worst shot are both players going to have to put out.and who is this moron flick.if all he is conplaining about is he didnt get a disc i have plenty i'll give him if it will just shut him up.
Bobbyd222 I will go ahead and answer the question for you...yes on worst shot both players with have to putt out ...
May I ask which 2 courses will we be playing? ?
Warrior ridge and Chickasaw trail
Will advanced play warrior last on Sunday?
kimosabe021 Wrote:
> Will advanced play warrior last on Sunday?

I will not be able to determine that until we know how may players/pools we have.

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
I vote for "0". I don't play worst shot Format...to much Wasted time. Good format... best shot, alt shot,best score
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013