Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013

Posted by DG Guy 
Flick McWraith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As far as if intermediate is getting players pack
> Yes it would help with advanced getting confused
> or complaining when they don't receive
> one...jmo.................................. THIS
> SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE CLEAR AS WATER IN
> PICKWICK.... but I STILL MUST ASK THIS QUESTION...
> Does the tournament at Tish. have different
> division rules that were applied to PICKWICK... I
> mean does tennessee have a different set of rules.
> stating that ADV is NOT an am.. BUT at TISH i see
> that it is.

It seemed to be clear enough for everyone except you! No one esle is puting a hissy fit like you are.

Another thing, since YOU make the accusation!

Prove when I have EVER said that the Advanced and Amateurs are not both Amateur divisions? Put up or Shut up! Proof, not lies!

There were THREE divisions offered at Pickwick, of which the AMATEUR DIVISION was one and offered an event disc! How clearer does it have to be?

Perhaps you need to lay off that "shine" you are so fond of so you can understand simple english.

And while we are on the subject, tell me what the Wall Doxey or Lee Naquin payouts have to do with ME!

Here, again, show me the PROOF that it has ANYTHING to do with either the Pickwick event or this one! You blast me for them, Prove it or shut the f*** up!

Proof or appologize, if you are man enough!

Again, since we started the Tishomingo Ice bowl 13 years ago, there has NEVER been a players pack for ANYONE! That is also true for this years event!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
Jack C. Wrote:
> I vote for "0". I don't play worst shot
> Format...to much Wasted time. Good format... best
> shot, alt shot,best score

Jack,

Thanks for the input! I am adding another option, sounds like a good one!

1. Worst Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Alternating Shot (7 through 12)/ Best Shot (13 through 18) -
2. Best Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Worst Shot (7 through 12)/ Alternating Shot (13 through 18)) -
3. Alternating Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Best Shot (7 through 12)/ Worst Shot (13 through 18)) -
4 . Alternating Shot (Holes 1 through 6)/ Best Shot (7 through 12)/ Best Score (13 through 18)) -

Thanks Jack

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Option 4.

Thanks for the option of getting rid of worst shot.

Thanks Jack for suggesting.
#4 since that's an option now I liked the best score one and mentioned it waaaayyyy earlier in post...
Option 4 for me!! I think everyone will vot 4
4 for sure for us.. Me and Hubbs will be there Sunday to throw in dubs..
Change mine to number 4
This is supposed to be a fun, charity event. What is wrong with best shot? We are already gonna be playing in the rain. Might as well make it as enjoyable as possible.

And isn't best score basically singles? Who wants to play singles in a doubles tournament? I guess it is better than worst shot though, huh?

BTW, any mixed doubles teams planning on making it?
I think we need something different and all for it...it gets old playing just best score...jmo
To clarify HOW to play the formats:

Best Shot

Best Shot is by far the most popular doubles format. Both players throw from each lie (starting with the tee shot), then the team chooses which of the resulting lies to continue play from, until the hole is completed.
` A team may take a reasonable amount of time to pick which lie they want before the 30-second play clock starts.
` A lie that is picked up without being marked is gone forever; the team must throw from the other lie. If the second lie is picked up, it must be replaced in accordance with PDGA rules. All lies must be marked according to PDGA rules.
` If the first player throws from the wrong lie, the second player may still throw from the correct lie.
` In case of injury or disqualification, one partner may play alone, throwing one shot at each lie (essentially playing singles).

Alternate Shot

In Alternate Shot, only one sequence of throws is made on each hole. The team selects a player to throw the tee shot at the beginning of the round. The other player then throws from the subsequent lie, and play alternates in that fashion until the round is completed. Alternate Shot is closer to a singles format, where one partner can't bail the other out. If you miss a short putt, chances are good that you'll be driving the next hole.
` If the wrong player on a team throws, another team must call it immediately, like a foot fault. The team receives a warning, and the correct player throws. Subsequent violations incur a one-throw penalty.
` For any violation that requires a rethrow (stance violation, provisional throw), the same player throws.

Best Disc (Best Score)

In Best Disc (also known as Best Score), each player plays the hole as they would while playing singles; there are no shared lies. The team score is the best score on the hole by one of its players.
` The player who is away will always throw first, with this exception: If both players are lying the same number of throws, the team may choose which player throws first.
` A player must pick up once it is impossible for him to better the team's score. The team incurs a warning for the first violation, and a penalty throw for subsequent violations.
` In case of injury or disqualification, one partner may play alone.

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2013 08:51AM by dustin morris.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2013 08:51AM by dustin morris.
if you compare the numbers to last years event and take away 10 per team and do the math. 1st=90 2nd=36 and 3/4=54. Is there going to be a different payout percentage since 10 is going to charity per team?
Looking for a good intermediate player for Sunday. Send me a private message if interested.
If my partner doesn't show I will dillion
I'm done with it dude. I'm sure by now POI knows that the way things happend shouldn't have happend. And thats ALL I got to say bout that... I took down all the FB POST BILL!!!. The name calling stuff, thats like 8th grade man..Just when you decide to change the division ruling...DO IT WAY BEFORE hand...Hope the event goes well... and no rain....
For inquiring minds that want to know...

I will be ELDGIBLE to play Intermediate after I DON'T cash Saturday.

However, I will be playing ADV. Sunday with Kirby Powers.

Thank you all.
@DILLON how would u be eligible too jw?? Because you cashed in tish fall classic in advanced, then played in pickwick which was a dnf and according to the new rules after you cash,you cannot move down for 4 consecutive tourneys after before able to move back down ..and pickwick does not count according to new rule...just asking. Your stats show after tish you played hamilton which you didn't cash so that's 1 .ryc or something like that you didn't cash so that's 2...then pickwick which wouldn't count towards dropping down...so where's the other 1 tourney
dustin morris Wrote:
> if you compare the numbers to last years event and
> take away 10 per team and do the math. 1st=90
> 2nd=36 and 3/4=54. Is there going to be a
> different payout percentage since 10 is going to
> charity per team?

Dustin,

I assume you are asking about the Open Doubles payout!

Basically, you are playing for your entry fees, less the charity, Park & SN fees, and teh award for the division. So, depending on how may show up, it will not be a large payout since we never run around and get any sponsorship money for this event. It has always been Disc Golfers giving back!

If memroy serves, we, meaning all those who have attended our Ice Bowls, have raise well over $25,000 for the Tishomingo Red Cross, teh Mississippi Prothiesis Foundation ( hope I spelled it right), and the Iuka Food Depot.

I am hoping we can get close to $2000 this year, plus some canned goods.

See you all there!

BTW, I am posting from Grouphut 31, it has not rained here since I got down here to set up around 2:00

Later

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Why are y'all voting against worst shot? You must not have any confidence in your partners. Worst shot is a format which requires both if the players to have some skill.

With that being said I vote #2. Me and bear will be there on Sunday.

Mississippi State Disc Golf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 08:47AM by Ethan.
michael-lonewolf Wrote:
> @DILLON how would u be eligible too jw?? Because
> you cashed in tish fall classic in advanced, then
> played in pickwick which was a dnf and according
> to the new rules after you cash,you cannot move
> down for 4 consecutive tourneys after before able
> to move back down ..and pickwick does not count
> according to new rule...just asking. Your stats
> show after tish you played hamilton which you
> didn't cash so that's 1 .ryc or something like
> that you didn't cash so that's 2...then pickwick
> which wouldn't count towards dropping down...so
> where's the other 1 tourney

1. RYC
2. Pickwick , a DNF wasn't in the "old" handbook, the "new" handbook was just adopted & published Wednesday per the last meeting here [www.sndg.org]
3. TDGA bag tag challenge
4. Next event I play, hopefully this weekend.
Tdga bagtag challenge????? Playing for bagtags how does that count for tourney....and the new rules apply otherwise why would we have them????just don't want you getting dqed man
What time are the registrations? They may be mentioned on here somewhere but I couldn't find the times.
Dustin,

Sorry about that, good catch!

Players meeting Saturday is 9:00, right after signups end.

Sunday we will tee at 9:00

Ethan.

In their defense, generally worst shot calls for the opposing team to determine wich lie THEY think is the worst one, that could be very time consuming in a competitive round!

Best score is not a BAD option, just another one!

Set up at tourney central, wifi up and running, can check players status if there are any questions!

No rain last night or so far today.

One thing I want everyone to remember. . . .

NO WHIMPS - NO WHINERS

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 10:00AM by DG Guy.
As far as I know, unless a Bag Tag Challenge in a Southern Natinal event, it would have no bearing on a players status.

Just as Cash Ace Pots and Rings of Fire prizes don't change anything!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
the bag tag was a SN qualifier
Its not listed in tourney results .....but I believe as far as the pickwick tourney goes I think that would count against not being able to move down but maybe I'm wrong...could any of the board members shed light on that
If i recall correctly. It was last weekend..maybe the weekend before. Most take a while to get posted on the site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013