Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013

Posted by DG Guy 
The TDGA was a SNQ, was just last weekend, it hasn't been sent in yet.

The "new" SN handbook was just adopted Wednesday per this thread [www.sndg.org] , the only rules adopted before Wednesday was the "4 tournament without cashing before you can move down" & "2 points to play in our SNCs".

After 1 more event I will be qualified for INT.
the tupelo bag tag was a sanctioned even, its just not up bc it was just last week. I played in it
I guess you guys are talking about Dillon!

His last advanced cash was 10-13 at Tishomingo, Since that time he has played one event without cashing (11-03) and one DNF which does not count towards four events! The way I read the newly posted rules, he needs three more events without cashing, or refusing the cash (prizes)!

There is no longer a time frame imposed, just four non-cashing events!

Still Dry here!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
The new rules were just issued and the DNF was before the issue of the new rules. Prolly be up to the BOD.
The TDGA Bag Tag only gave out tags from what i hear, also it is not posted, so I don't think it would count one way or the other!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
It did give out disc and passes if you did "cash" so if you didn't come in 1 or 2nd you didn't cash. ro
It don't matter to me I had seen new rules and knew he cashed and don't want noone to get dqed that would suck ...
Maybe another rule they need to address with the SNB, if an event has not been published to the results, it has no bearing! It is bad enough to think that you have to look at every players stats to determine what divisions they are qualified to play.

You just about have to have a lawyer to have players meeting anymore, The Southern Nationals was founded years ago to get the fun back in the sport! Like it or not, we are getting more like the PDGA every day!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
The Tupelo Bag Tag was a SN qualifier
The results have been sent in they just have not been posted
More like PDGA might not be a bad thing though. We need a good foundation to have a successful series. If the rules are flawed, they need to be fixed. It seems like the BOD are making steps toward this direction. Hopefully it will make everything more organized and less work for the TD.
Amen dustin I agree 100%
The big difference here is that the folks at the PDGA get paid and are full time workeres! Our board only meets so often and get nothing for it!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
That could change to but it would be a little biased if the board voted on them getting paid. SN hasn't grown much and I do not see it improving without making drastic changes. Yes it will cost extra money, maybe more work on certain people (maybe paid employees) but could possibly grow the sport more if we were looked at like a sport. To be looked at more like a sport, there would have to be many changes. Our image to majority of the community is they dont know about the sport or we are all do drugs. With that type of image, we can not grow as a sport. Yes in golf people do the same stuff, but the image is different than disc golf. It would have to start with all the players in all of the communities.
lots of people obsessed with what others are doing.....maybe people should just focus on themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 01:40PM by wayneacree.
Wayne, I didn't say what other people were doing was wrong. I just believe our tournament series could be more professional than what it is now. The players are what decides on how professional it is going to be. Yes, there are some wrong (unprofessional) activities at some events. And we all get judged on those actions because of our image. I am not perfect, I do things at events that I would consider wrong to like getting mad and throwing my mini or some dumb crap like that.
when you get right down to it, we are all people!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Have the courses been decided on? Will it be Chickasaw and Warrior Ridge like normally?

I also hope the carpet tees have been cleaned so they will not be like teeing off on ice...

Mississippi State Disc Golf
No Tushka this time around I am afraid!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Re: Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013
January 11, 2013 04:02PM
Will be there tomorrow playing ADV.

Josh
Re: Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013
January 11, 2013 04:35PM
I will answer all questions that are BOD related as soon as I cam get to a laptop and read this over. Sorry I didn't catch this sooner but I havn't been on here keeping up with threads as I did in the past. If you need something answered please PM me and I will do my best to answer asap.
January 11, 2013 05:33PM
Okay, so the main question here is if a player doesn't accept a finishing award in 4 consecutive events and also DNFing in one of these events and wants to drop down, can said player drop down?
1.3.2 A player not qualified for an Intermediate Amateur division due to having accepted a finishing award in an Advanced Amateur division may compete in an Intermediate Amateur division for which the player would otherwise be qualified after finishing four (4) consecutive immediately preceding Championship qualifying tournaments without accepting a finishing award in any and all Advanced Amateur divisions in which the player accepted a finishing award.
1.3.3 Competition in a tournament without finishing all holes and rounds offered shall be disregarded for the purposes of player reclassification if no finishing award is accepted. Example a DNF (Did Not Finish) with no finishing award accepted will not qualify or disqualify a player for reclassification. Example accepting a finishing prize for a DNF means the player must finish four (4) subsequent events as specified above to be reclassified.

"The TDGA was a SNQ, was just last weekend, it hasn't been sent in yet.

The "new" SN handbook was just adopted Wednesday per this thread [www.sndg.org] , the only rules adopted before Wednesday was the "4 tournament without cashing before you can move down" & "2 points to play in our SNCs".

After 1 more event I will be qualified for INT."

Dillon, I'm sorry but You are wrong on this one, the first 4 sections of the "New" Handbook had been voted on sometime around June or July of last year, I know it was with the last Board. We just had to finish up the last few section before we posted the final copy of the handbook.

So to answer the question You would need to play in 4 singles events without "cashing" and without DNFing before You drop down.
Thank you. Eric

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Eric, how can you expect me or anyone to know a minor rule change when it's been a work in progress? The rules just now got published per the last Wednesday meeting. If I knew I had to finish the tournament I would of played the last 6 holes. I am moving this topic to the BOD thread. See you over there!
January 11, 2013 07:16PM
I think i'm the 2nd or 3rd person to say I'll see you guys tomorrow!

Always enjoy tish tourneys.

-will
Bring it on Will! Dry day here today! Beautiful day at Tish!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Sorry to drift the thread, but are any grandmasters coming? I thought this was a Tish tournament thread, not another "The SN should be like the PDGA" thread of a debate of the virtues of various doubles formats.

With the forecast for rain being 100 percent tomorrow, I'm about 45 percent on this one.
Robert & Danny will be here

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
30% chance of rain tommorrow 60% chance Sunday ...see u Sunday bill..
First players just arrived & signed up!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Michael ....I'm seeing 70 for both days....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013