Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013

Posted by DG Guy 
Great event as always 1st in our first advanced tourney. Bill can't help the weather. I hope people understand a td can't be expected to lose money. Great event I would rather be playing golf with a friend than working and a lot of hungry families will benefit from our playing. We voted to donate ace pot not many people upset about money.As always SECOND IS THE FIRST LOSER.
my partner and I hated bein the first place loser then"!! haha so why didn't they donate both ace pots???
Play in a division with more bring more people stay at home I don't know but honestly complaining doesn't help it's not good for the sport . Sure some people are mad and sad but for every sad person there is a EXCITED one. As with everything in life you can't please everyone. I have nothing bad to say about anyone upset it just doesn't do any good.
I've been looking @ rest of these ice bowl charities and the payout was not so bad at any of them? Why is it only particularly the ones ran in or near Tish? I'm sorry to ask such a terrible question . But, wow. If half of what people are saying is true. And some of u are saying its ok or don't say anything about it. Like its ok? So , if something was really wrong some of u would be perfectly fine with it cause its Bill? I would hope that these are rumors and if it is truth I would hope people would be held accountable no matter who it is. I would jut hope someone can please tell me that it's all lies. Cause I really respect bill. And I have for years. It would hurt my feelings deeply if even part of this is true. And more so if people are ok with it
Unless someone has proof hard proof that he is paying bills or keeping money then SHUT UP......someone show us we are waiting .....out of entry fee see what came out for state park the charity and southern nationals.
I turned Pro in 1983, Played and helped @ Many tournies. Bill does a Great Job.
That answer was predictable... can't ask questions without his trusty sidekicks getting defensive and chewing u out lol
You guys are HIGH!!

Don't play in charity events if you are there for the PAYOUT - silly jackrabbits!

EVERYONE else is there for a GOOD TIME WHILE DONATING TO CHARITY!!!

Heck, I ran the Bud Hill Ice Bowl for 8 years and HALF OF ALL ENTRIES went directly to charity, If no one aces - ACE POTS to charity, if anyone SPONSORED - SPONSOR $$ TO CHARITY - and guess what......never did I raise any less than $1300 for CHARITY....

AND NEVER DID I HEAR OF PLAYERS WITH COMPLAINTS!!!

Wake up and smell the Java - jacknuggets!!

Hope to see everyone in the Spring!! Peace....out......

Here guys, Bill posted this to facebook earlier today. I figured he was busy doing other things so I will post it up for him.
Results

This years Ice Bowl & Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles raised $837.50 for the Food Depot with the $10 per player on Saturday and the $10 per team on Sunday, $92 in Mulligans, $100.50 from the silent auction and $125 in the Amateur Ace Pot. I also have about 30 pounds of canned goods!

St. Onge partners last name is Henson, not Henderson as listed above. Form is corrected that goes to John K! Thanks Josh!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 04:52PM by DG Guy.
Was the open players the only ones that used mulligans? We had over $30 in th first round alone.
Dustin, not sure, there were $35 the first round and $57 the second round. Most of them DID come from the Open guys!

I forgot to add in the second round in the post above, but have corrected it!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 05:00PM by dustin morris.
92 sounds a lot better but I thought we added our mulligans up after the first round at 37..could be wrong though
For the pro women it is spelled KRYSTIN Nowicki and they shot a 54 first round and a 55 second round.
Bill, it looks like the Pro Women team of Krystin Nowicki & Mitzi Stegall won their entry fees for the 2013 SNDC. Please confirm this and they will be added to the list.
bearfaulkner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the pro women it is spelled KRYSTIN Nowicki
> and they shot a 54 first round and a 55 second
> round.

Thanks, I will double check the leaderboard card an make the corrections before I send it to John.

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
jacques Wrote:
> Bill, it looks like the Pro Women team of Krystin
> Nowicki & Mitzi Stegall won their entry fees for
> the 2013 SNDC. Please confirm this and they will
> be added to the list.

That is correct, I told them if they had any issues to contact me. I was told they got their entry, players pack & one night at the Host motel! So that I what I told them! It was a close two rounds for the ladies.

Thanks,

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
dustin morris Wrote:
> 92 sounds a lot better but I thought we added our
> mulligans up after the first round at 37..could be
> wrong though

Dustin, I will double chack the mulligan sticker on the back of your first round card to be sure, that is what I had wrote down on Saturdays envelope.

Thanks,

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Bill, to avoid more payout scrutiny you may want to adjust the winnings field in the payout you posted. I mean, it just doesn't add up. I'll give you one example and maybe you can find the rest. MPO in the doubles on Sunday, show a balance of $28 left after fees, trophies, you have $24 in their winnings, not to mention most of the other divisions are blank. Just trying to help you out.
Bill, they will receive free entry and players packs. We are currently planning to offer a choice of merchandise or lodging as players packs for the SNDC. I will give the players who win their entry the same option as everyone else. There are not an unlimited number of rooms for this so I will contact everyone who won their spot to see what they want to do once all of the details have been ironed out.
i believe I seen Discmaster get two discs for winning advance too. though the payout doesnt reflect this. Discmaster and his partner. 4 discs total? plus a plaque. was two dx discs for each?thanks just trying to help with calculations. and dillon your right. added it up yesterday
Im sure we've all added the payouts and we all know that they don't add up ,and I'm just wonderin where all the extra stuff went?
Easy with that question. Discmaster will tell u to shut up and call you names
I hope discmaster aka Devon dickey thinks about that first:)
That's devin by the way if I or my golf partner have a problem with our pay out we will as men talk to bill about it I have his # I am fine with the pay out I will not talk about someone on here I will call them. Disc golf is a get away for me I am not getting rich on disc. If anyone has a comment or question feel free to call 662 292 7905 or if you need a disc I use the same 4 I have plenty laying around. Sorry for saying shut up to the mad talk if I offended you I am sorry just better ways to deal with it. Thanks Devin DIckey
Kimosabe I looked back at my post I said without proof shut up I said if your upset or offend I am sorry BUT I DID NOT READ ME CALLING NAMES SORRY FOR YOUR CONFUSION. Again if you want to talk about the tourney that's fine call me I would like to see where this money stealing is coming from just the police officer in me this talking about grown men is silly I have nothing against any Golfer great group of guys.
After going back and reading them again I got you confused with linksplitter. Sorry bout that
good posts DEVIN. I have to say there are guys on here telling u what has happened to them. but your asking for them to come to you to show proof? their word is not good enough. i will not post again on here or about this anymore. But if you think that people are lieing ? I just ask that you find it in yourselves to draw your own conclusion. you think talking to Bill in private on each matter is the way to go. SURE IS IF ITS TRUE CAUSE THEN EASIER FOR NOONE TO FIND OUT AND COVER UP. basically i think most gripes by reading is he gave used discs, hes taken a lil pocket change out of the totals, he is marking up plaques way over priced, and marking up discs? that i think about sums up. nothing personally happened to me. BUT THE MILITARY PERSON IN ME JUST LIKES FACTS AND TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT FOR MY FELLOW DISC GOLFERS:) if thats how your putting it Mr police officer:)
Some people act like this is just the first tournament that someone complained about similar issues......We can just sweep it under the rug again. I hope to host an event soon and I may have a different perspective on things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013