Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
It looks like we will play Warrior Ridge twice tomorrow, as we did today! Places on Chickasaw we shoulder deep in water at lunchtime!

We will play one round of best shot and one 666, option 4 ending in Best Score.

We will te at 9, so be here in time for a short meeting in case we have some changes!

So far 30 players have raised $335 for the Iuka Food Depot!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
Bill,
Give us out-of-towners a weather update early, early Sunday morning before we make the trip.
Hope it will be a dry one!
The way it looks it wont be a dry one lol
How are we going to play that many teams on warrior at once

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2013 08:44PM by R.McCoy.
michael-lonewolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tdga bagtag challenge????? Playing for bagtags how
> does that count for tourney....and the new rules
> apply otherwise why would we have them????just
> don't want you getting dqed man

Michael-lonewolf-fisher.........[www.sndg.org]
TDGA Bag Tag Challenge was a SNQ and FYI it was posted.
Day 1 winners?
Open Donald Faulkner
Pro Women Michelle Cornelius
Advanced Master Tony Palmer

All I can remember before coffee!

Only a very light mist last night, nothing going on right now!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
Beautiful morning at Tish!

Looking at the radar, we might be good, nothing heavy coming that I can see! Unless it developed as the day progresses!

As I said, we had a light mist for a short time around midnight, then nothing!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
Beautiful day at Tishomongo, still dry and we are expecting the first cards anytime!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
Told you the payout in open would suffer....
dustin morris Wrote:
> Told you the payout in open would suffer....

???
Entry for open was 40 and 1st place received 12 a piece...and a plaque
Entry fee for Open was $40/team or $20/player. $5/player to charity. $3/player for state fees, and $2/player to SN was taken from each entry fee leaving $10/player for the payout. 6 players x $10=$60. 2 plaques x $18 ea. = $36. Each player recieved $12 cash x 2 = $24. $36 + $24 = $60. This is something you must figure out when you TD a tournament.
Mac, I understand the basic math of all of that. All I am saying is that we were competeing for nothing. The CTP was worth 25 dollars and that was more than the cash for both players that won open. When I am a TD, I will make sure the winners actually win something other than 12 dollars and a plaque. What I stated before the event was saying mathematically how it wouldn't work. But I was over looked and this happened anyway.There should not be a plaque at a charity event. Bill single handedly took $10-18 per plaque away from the charity or payout (he makes the plaques). As a local, I am sorry to all of the open players that competed for nothing. I will go ahead and say, I will not attend any more of Bill's events. Every event is seeming to have issues. We need TD's that want the players to have fun, not to make money (not saying you made a lot of money off this particular event). I hope I get to prove to everyone one day that I can turn around the Tishomingo/pickwick events as the tournament director. As for this thread, I am done. Keep in mind, I am not the only one that feels this way.
All I got to say is that the payouts Absolutely SUCKED! !! I will NEVER go to another tournament ran by bill mclarty. Has to be onwe of the worst Td's I've ever been in a tournament for. 2nd place didn't even get anything, only first paid out in doubles.That's absolutely horrible. 1st place open won 12 a piece and a plaque. no one cares about plaqus,give us money or disc and we'd be fine but no 2nd place didn't get either. This Td sucked and will never play in another tournament ran by him
All I got to say is that the payouts Absolutely SUCKED! !! I will NEVER go to another tournament ran by bill mclarto 2nd place didn't even get anything, only first paid out in doubles.That's absolutely horrible. 1st place open won 12 a piece and a plaque. no one cares about plaqus,give us money or disc and we'd be fine but no 2nd place didn't get either.
This is very sad to have to read......why not handle in private? Why must everyone be subject to this? Time and place...I don't if you like the TD or not why bash a man on an open forum??? I sure hope you 2 had the said this to his face. SAD SAD SAD!!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
I did it on the forum so people wont get ripped off from the tournaments he TD's . I aaid something to him in person also so its not sad sad sad
@dustin morris. You said it perfect! and if you are wanting AMAZING. payouts. go to tournaments where grass roots is doing the payout
This event was for charity. Regardless if the plaques were overpriced, it was about raising money for people who need it... not amazing payouts.

Mississippi State Disc Golf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2013 11:58PM by Ethan.
Dustin, Look at your post on page one! Whats up with you guys? The sport and the premise of the Ice Bowl just took a huge step backwards with this garbage and after tournament whining. What happened to "No Wimps, No Whiners"? I was so impressed with you guys coming out and competing in the less than perfect weather conditions but I just lost alot of respect for many of you. You are sadly mistaken if you think Bill made money off of this event. This just goes to show how much you don't know about directing a tournament especially a "Charity Event". The 16th Annual Spring Tournament will be an event that will have a large payout as Bill has already started soliciting sponsorships for that event. I think a couple of you owe him and the future of Disc Golf a big apology. If you can't find it in your heart or value system to support a charitible event once a year the sport would be better off without you. Thanks to the ones who were not Wimps or Whiners and came out and braved the conditions for a local charity that does so much good for those in need. God bless you and yours!
I don't mean to whine Bill. I just hate seeing people getting taken advantage of every event. It gets old. This was for the charity, but to pay 40 and get 26 back is crazy, even for an ice bowl. Sean and Oli played awsome and lost 16 dollars by playing. Yes this is a charity event, but its still a tournament. 1st ice bowl i have ever seen payout that low and I have been playing a while. Bill had $1000 added cash to last event and didn't payout that much....he will have to get at least 2000 or 3000 before you notice it in the payouts compared to other events. You should let me try to run one and see if I can break the payout/attendance records.
just a cuople of babies that don't understand anything about golf!!!
Jack was you at this event? You whined about the format and didn't even show up. Calling us babies?

Jack C. Wrote:
> just a cuople of babies that don't understand
> anything about golf!!!
Had to save the farm animals from the flood waters! Now do like You said...SHhhhhhhhhh and go away!!!
I am just sayin you were the first one to say anything about the format. Don't call people names about something that you wasn't even at. Yes I appreciate what all you do for our sport Jack. But I would never call you a name. I respect you as a person Jack, but I do not appreciate all the names that you have called me in the past few months. Sean and Ollie won negative 16 dollars at an event that was supposed to have a payout. It would have been better to just say it was trophy only and then all the money go to the charity. At least then we knew what we were competing for.
Re: Announcing the 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles January 12th & 13th 2013
January 14, 2013 09:49AM
Had a good time on saturday despite the conditions first round, almost got washed away a few times, wish i had a shot a bit better.

The new holes on warrior were neat.

Bill B, How high did/is the water on Chickasaw? Bear Creek was extremely high when i passed it on the trace (in Alabama)

-will
I would be all for Dustin running an event to see how he can do. I support him %100.

So let me get this right, the only person who came out in the black on this event was the TD? Everyone else in the red?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013