Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

13th Annual Groundhog Grappler - Jan 26, 2013 - The Rez - 1st Stop for MS Tour

Posted by No Low Putt Lloyd 
Introducing the 2013 Mississippi State Tour (MST). This is a combination of 5 (hopefully more) events leading up to the 2013 MS State Championship. The goal of the tour is to promote disc golf in throughout the state of Mississippi and to help raise funds for the 2013 MS State Championship. With great clubs and great courses throughout the state we hope to make this a great year for MS disc golf!! The first stop on the MST will be the:

13th Annual Groundhog Grappler

Saturday - January 26, 2013

Location - The Rez DGC

TD - Lloyd Wilkins - 601.213.7614, info@jacksondiscgolf.org

Format: 2 Rounds of 18, multiple pin positions

Schedule:
Signups 7:30 to 8:30am
Players meeting 9:00am
Round 1 tee off - 9:30am
Round 2 tee off - 1 hr after last card is turned in.

Divisions:
Pro Open and Masters - $40
Pro Women and Grandmasters - $35
Adv and Adv Masters - $30
Am Men and Women - $25
Novice - $20

Hosted by the Judges

Prepay via Paypal to lloydw86@gmail.com
or snail mail to 103 Highbury Cv. Canton, MS 39046

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
I have ordered the trophies!! Who ready to claim themselves a Groundhog!!!

Will be hitting up sponsors all weekend and the weeks following! Trying to get food lined up again! Cant wait for this event! One of our biggest every year!!

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Trophies are in!! time to get them painted and set up for the 1st place winners!!

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Re: 13th Annual Groundhog Grappler - Jan 26, 2013 - The Rez - 1st Stop for MS Tour
January 10, 2013 10:37AM
What are the different events on the tour?
So far its

Jan - Jackson, MS - The Rez - Groundhog Grappler
Feb - Tupelo, MS - Veterans Park - Double Barrel Shoot Out
Apr - Clinton, MS - Buddy Butts Park - Buddy Butts Park Doubles
May - Columbia, MS - Pearl River Landing - Columbia Clash
June - Columbus, MS - Whispering Pines - Summer Sizzler

And to end the tour

MS State Championships in Jackson @ the Rez and Morton DGCs

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Re: 13th Annual Groundhog Grappler - Jan 26, 2013 - The Rez - 1st Stop for MS Tour
January 11, 2013 08:57AM
Just a question......Why is Crystal Springs not in this mix? Nit being an ass, just wondering.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
It's could be Allan. Hope to add more!

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

bigal it may be, the schedule is young.. set it up make it happen man...
Feb..... veterans park on feb 2nd is the ice bowl...the following day is the dubs.....all divisions if enough teams sho up//PLUS a MIX division if we have at least three teams. so far I know of two teams for mix....

-------------------------------------------------------
> So far its
>
> Jan - Jackson, MS - The Rez - Groundhog Grappler
> Feb - Tupelo, MS - Veterans Park - Double Barrel
> Shoot Out
> Apr - Clinton, MS - Buddy Butts Park - Buddy Butts
> Park Doubles
> May - Columbia, MS - Pearl River Landing -
> Columbia Clash
> June - Columbus, MS - Whispering Pines - Summer
> Sizzler
>
> And to end the tour
>
> MS State Championships in Jackson @ the Rez and
> Morton DGCs
January 14, 2013 08:26PM
Count LargeMouth DG in for a sponsorship.

What are your options??
January 15, 2013 02:13PM
Lookin forward to this Lloyd.. I'll be at the Grappler next weekend.. and im down to help out with sponserships. So, like tony ask, what are the options.. And if you need anything to help w the first event don't hesitate to ask?

Curry Williams
Throw Innova!
January 16, 2013 01:36AM
Gonna try and make the Grappler this year since I missed out last year

Mississippi State Disc Golf
We are not doing shirts, so Hole Sponsor for $25 and $100 will get you a hole sponsorship and advertising on our website for a year.

Curry and Tony, send me your logos or just let me know what you want them to say and i'll make it happen

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 09:58AM by No Low Putt Lloyd.
Also just to let everyone know, we will be taking $5 out of entry fees to Cover SN Fees ($2) and $3 a head will go towards the Mississippi State Championships which is the End of the Mississippi State Tour!

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Work weekend this weekend!! Also the local newspaper (The Clarion Ledger) is coming Saturday to do a story on Disc Golf and the Judges! If you want to get your name in the paper come on by!!

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

January 17, 2013 12:05AM
Lloyd do you still have the file for the one I did I Chrystal springs? I'm cool with using the same.
I do i'll get that one ready!!

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

January 17, 2013 04:49PM
If I can get three people to ride with me from Memphis, I should be there.
January 21, 2013 09:22PM
Anyone in Lafayette or BR going to this who wants to split travel costs?

David Fifita (Lafayette)
Great work days this past weekend!! The course is looking good! You will be seeing multiple pin position this coming Saturday. The 1st round will play short, the second round will play long! 1st Round full of A and B positions, second full of B and C positions.

We should have someone on site cooking hamburgers and hotdogs this year. I believe its $5 Hamburger, Chips, Drink, $4 Hotdog, chips, drink.

Tournament Central will be at the Pavilion on hole 6 as usual. When you come in the park take an immediate left and follow that road, it will take you right to tournament central.

We have been over the Cap of 90 the last two years. We try and stick with 90 players but we will not turn anyone away. So go ahead and guarantee you spot and pre reg on our website or just paypal to lloydw86@gmail.com

Look forward to running another great event!!

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

January 22, 2013 12:48PM
Lafayette mite just be bringing a few down for this one.
January 22, 2013 01:37PM
up.....North

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
January 22, 2013 05:06PM
Lloyd, im bringing a car load down.
Jonathan Ray- Open
Blake Dyas- Adv
Marc Flanders- Adv
Stacy Ray- Int
Tray Desnoyer- Int

Just a little heads up. Looking forward to seeing you guys and playing one of my favorite tracks!
January 22, 2013 11:46PM
Gettin to be a few days away. Gettin jacked up.. Just wished I had the time to play this week.. LLoyd I'm still down for the hole sponser if you got that logo for me.. Lookin forward to it you always run Great events..

Curry Williams
PDGA# 34413
Throw Innova!
January 23, 2013 12:18PM
whos ready to shake and bake!!!
January 23, 2013 03:17PM
Bring it on Coach!!!
January 24, 2013 11:51AM
rj you cant handle this flavor of shake and bake. i call no homo on that statement.
January 24, 2013 07:44PM
Hey guys, is anything going on tomorrow? Any last minute course work, early setup, or Friday afternoon doubles?

I'm off work tomorrow, and I probably have some availability to help with anything that's needed. I've got something going on mid-day.

-Micah
January 24, 2013 11:50PM
LargeMouth Disc Golf will be in the house Saturday morning with CFR Teebirds for sale to support the LM tour, so please find me if you would like to show some support or just need a new teebird. They are only $12 apiece, and you get bonus tour points for buying one so please hit me up when you see me.

See y'all Saturday morning....
I'll also be selling a few disc golf shirts to help raise money for the club
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013