Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The 14th Annual Lafayette Mid-Winter Open - a 2013 SNDC fundraiser

Posted by jacques 
Re: The 14th Annual Lafayette Mid-Winter Open - a 2013 SNDC fundraiser
January 15, 2013 12:45PM
And here I am thinking that "Brooks and Done" was the names givin to Brook's two rnds in a tourney.

Terry Zeringue
Dex
January 15, 2013 01:06PM
No I just substituted done for Dex, Brooks kept telling me to go let his partner out of the truck

Zinger, I am holding that Zephyer for you, so don't let me forget Saturday, and thatnks for that sponsorship

Dex
January 15, 2013 03:30PM
Thank you Dex, and no problem

Terry Zeringue
January 15, 2013 10:43PM
Fair warning girls and gents, with the rain happening this week till thursday, there will be casual water on holes 1 and 3. Lots of it

Nick Robichaux
Acadiana Disc Golf Assoiciation and Flight Club Disc Golf
PDGA# 54519
January 16, 2013 05:46AM
Thanks, Nick.

Any water on the fairways on holes 1, 3 or anywhere else except water in the coulee adjacent to holes 1 & 4 is casual water - basically puddles - and you will incur no penalty strokes for landing in it.

Players may mark their lie behind the water in a straight line from the basket.

Unless they are real men who, of course, wade out in to the water and play their disc where it lies.
Marvin will go get mine out of the water.
January 16, 2013 06:22PM
bayouace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marvin will go get mine out of the water.

And move it back to the tee so you can throw again! What a guy!
January 16, 2013 09:24PM
Picked up the towels that will be offered for sale with this year's ADGA bag tags...

Pretty snazzy!

$20 gets you a tag and one of these towels

OR

$40 for a tag, a towel and a full color fundraiser disc for this year's SNDC

Quite a deal!
January 16, 2013 10:15PM
please put me down for the towel, tag, and disc.............I will send you the 40.00

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
January 17, 2013 07:40AM
Casual Obstacles to a Stance: A player may obtain relief only from the following obstacles that are on or behind the lie: casual water, loose leaves or debris, broken branches no longer connected to a tree, motor vehicles, harmful insects or animals, players' equipment, people, or any item or area specifically designated by the Director before the round. To obtain relief, the player must remove the obstacle if it is practical to do so. If it is impractical to move the obstacle, the player's lie may be relocated to the nearest lie which is no closer to the target, is on the line of play, and is not more than five meters from the original lie (unless greater casual relief is announced by the Director).

Question about the relief, will you allow more than 5 meters if needed?

Terry Zeringue
January 17, 2013 08:25AM
Put me down for a Bag Tag, and casual water relief....really?
January 17, 2013 12:26PM
@ keith - thank you sir!

@ zinger - yes but I do not think any casual water would move you back past 5 meters in the spots where it usually develops. Straight line from the basket and move it back until you are not standing in water to throw.
January 17, 2013 03:12PM
5 meters = 16.4042 feet

January 17, 2013 04:13PM
I see I'm the only one to pre-register. WTF?

Jon Davis
PDGA#46787
January 17, 2013 07:41PM
@ harrison - depends on whose feet you use

@ jon - kind of my fault for getting the DGU sign ups going pretty late

Thanks to Nick, Judd & David for helping me mark and paint the course. I could use a hand tomorrow evening putting a few signs back in the ground that were removed when the tee pad holes were dug. If anyone can lend a hand, come out around 5:00 or so.

Other than that the course looks pretty good considering the amount of rain that fell in the last 10 days. Less water than I thought but some spots are a little sloppy.

Thanks to John for going grocery shopping with me too. I swore after last year's September tournament that we would never come up short on food again. All I can say is, I hope y'all are hungry. He's cooking up a BIG pot of chili. Grilling up hot dogs to go with it and chips to make chili fritos. Watch out teeth, watch out gums, watch out stomach, here it comes!
January 17, 2013 08:18PM
I maybe able to get to this one this weekend!

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
January 17, 2013 08:21PM
I must say a big sorry to my Lafayette family!!!! Work has called and I have to attend.....good luck everyone!!!! And please buy a 50/50 raffel ticket!!!!! I know Ms. Hanna will have a lot to sell!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
January 18, 2013 06:21PM
Got an email from work today at 4:30.....fearing the worse. But to my surprise I'm still off tomorrow so I still plan on attending.

Terry Zeringue
January 18, 2013 07:48PM
@ hogman - sooooie!

@ zinger - outstanding!
January 18, 2013 09:40PM
The Chili is cooked and ready for tomorrows lunch! Now to shower and get some sleep. See you guys in the morning!
January 18, 2013 10:36PM
Schultz clan looking forward to playing in the morning. Also good times in Lafayette.
January 19, 2013 03:40PM
Sixty eight folks out on the course right now playing their second round. Good turnout for a January tournament and very nice weather.

Look for the results tomorrow.
January 19, 2013 08:34PM
Man what a fun filled day! The weather was great for disc golf, and everyone looked as if they had a blast. Terry, I enjoy playing with you during the first round, glad you made it out today. Ian, it was fun battling for the tiebreaker for first place in Advanced. I want a rematch!
Thank you all for the complements on the chili. It worth all the work it took to make it, just seeing all those swollen tummies struggling to move during the second round.

I also want to thank Jacques and everyone else that helped to pull off yet another great tournament. Jacques, please don't stop doing what you do. Lafayette is blessed to have you.
Ian
January 20, 2013 01:38AM
Good times
Dex
January 20, 2013 07:14PM
Great job Lafayette!!!!!

Thank Y'all for the fun, food and a very good time

Dex
January 20, 2013 07:44PM
Lafayette tournaments are always awesome!

Thanks to Jacques and his devoted crew...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)
January 20, 2013 09:15PM
I want to thank our sponsors on more time

David Clayton and the BOB Rodgers Memorial DGC at Sam Houston State Park in Moss Bluff

and

Joe & Nancy with Aboriginal Discs

We didn't try to drum up much sponsorship for this event and yet these folks stepped up and offered without being asked and we sincerely appreciate it.

Speaking of sincerely appreciating, thanks to all of the ADGA and Flight Club members who helped put this tournament on. I always resist naming names because I don't want to leave anyone out. Y'all know who you are and I want to make sure that you know how much I appreciate your help!

I also sincerely appreciate the good turnout and the good behavior by all of the players who attended this event. The flow of play wasn't bad, the competition was fair and friendly and tournament central was left cleaner than we found it that morning despite feeding a hearty lunch to over 70 people. I want to thank you for making it our pleasure to have you over for a fun day of Disc Golf.

The results....

Please check your name and score for accuracy before I submit these for posting. I'll give it a few days.

The P/O column is payout, cash for pros, merchandise for ams. Champion/Star plastic was valued @ $15 as always with Pro & DX used to fill in the holes. Any TD will tell you it is impossible to make exact change with discs but we try to be generous. Am Men & Advanced 1st place won a compeition bag with backsaver straps - these were valued @ $45.

Plaques for first place in all pro divisions and for top three in all am divisions were awarded. I assignd these zero value for event.

Winnings include CTPs and Ring-of-Fire prizes

CTPs

1 - Legacy Disc - Wyatt Hardenberg
3 - Legacy Disc - Thunder Schultz
7 - Legacy Disc - Nick Repar
8 - Legacy Disc - Joe Burback
9 - Innova Tern - Abby Mondy
10 - $25 cash - David Fifita (longest putt)
11 - Legacy Disc - Kevin Weiss
13 - #4 ADGA tag - David Fifita
16 - #6 ADGA tag - Will McInnis
17 - #8 ADGA tag - Pat Daniels

Ring-of-Fire

Innova 2013 Calendar, Roc3 & Legacy Cannon - David Fifita
USDGC Roc & Free Breakfast Gift Certificate - Casey Cox
Legacy Rival - Thunder Schultz
Legacy Rampage - Keith Osborne
Legacy Cannon - Logan Weiss

The biggest jackpot of the day, a $156 ace pot was taken by Sam Price in a throw off as no aces were hit during the rounds.

We fed everybody a FREE lunch including soda. We had a really good chili, cooked by John, and hot dogs and fritos to put it on. It looked like everybody ate their fill and we still had some leftover. Anyone who has been to the grocery lately knows that it is getting expensive to feed a large group of people. I like offering lunch between rounds and we will keep doing so as long as we can.

We held a 50/50 cash raffle to support the field events at YOUR 2013 SNDC here in Lafayette. It collected $155 and Abby Mondy won the drawing. She got $78 and the SNDC got $77.

Just like we announced, $5 from each entry fee collected was set aside as a fundraiser for the SNDC tournament which raised $340!!

We also rolled out the 2013 ADGA bag tags. We sold 39 out of 60 tags in ONE DAY which is by far the most I have ever seen purchased in such a short period of time. About half of those were sold as tags by themselves, many were bought as tag/towel combos and three were sold as tag/towel/discs. We really appreciate the support and hope everyone has fun playing for tags this year.

To say "thank you" to our 2012 tag holders, the top 3 ADGA tags from last year were redeemed for merchandise by Ronnie Adams, Kevin Weiss and Robbie Roger. We gave away two really nice fold-away chairs (good ones) and a 36 quart wheeled marine ice chest.

After the tournament, we went out for drinks at Somewhere's Else Bar & Grill and were joined by Terry Zeringue and his wife. Carol fed us FREE chicken & sausage gumbo and bought everyone a round. David "Minnesota Fats" Robichaux gave pool lessons and a card game broke out towards the end of the night. I'm not sure who won but eight people left in their drawers and John Bowden left with a bunch of new clothes, so I'm pretty sure he came out ahead. LOL

The only screw-ups that I am aware of were two players left without their plaques.

Esther Schultz - I have a second place award for you in Am Women and I will make arrangements to get it to you as soon as possible.

William Bryant - I have a third place award for you in Advanced Masters. Please let me know the best way to get your plaque to you.

Hope to see y'all back in Lafayette for the Spring Fling this April at Acadiana!
January 23, 2013 06:15PM
Looks like everything is good to go for the results to be posted JK.
One would have to be in the hospital or totally required to be at work upon penalty of losing their job to miss a Lafayette event!
January 24, 2013 08:40PM
bayouace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One would have to be in the hospital or totally
> required to be at work upon penalty of losing
> their job to miss a Lafayette event!

I confess; I was totally required to work by my supervisor. But then again, I am the supervisor!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013