Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Mango Classic 2013 - October 12 & 13, 2013

Posted by The Parker 
The Mango Classic 2013 - October 12 & 13, 2013
January 28, 2013 01:36PM

Mango Disc Golf is announcing and is thankful that MADGA is allowing us to bring the Mango Classic 2013 to the disc golf capitol of the south - Mobile, Al on October 12th and 13th, 2013. Mango Disc Golf will be presenting MADGA a token of our appreciation at the awards ceremony.

The Mango Classic is a sanctioned Southern National, PDGA and NPC Tour event. Event is capped at 72 Pro Players and 144 Amateur Players. (Registration will be open at the time of this post.) All divisions must have three (3) players to open division.

Pro Divisions (72)
(32) Open Men $70
(12) Open Women $70
(16) Pro Masters Men $65
(12) Pro Grandmasters Men $60

Amateur Divisions (144)
(40) Advanced Men $50
(8) Advanced Women $50
(12) Advanced Masters $50
(12) Advanced Grandmasters $50
(56) Intermediate Men $45
(16 Intermediate Women $45

(If your division is full [or not offered] you can go on a wait list - if another division does not fill we will place the wait list into event in order of the list on October 1, 2013. Late fee of $10 aftrer October 1, 2013 All AM players that are registered by October 1, 2013 will get a players pack - Online registration ends at 12 am on the 9th of October 2013.

Tee Assignments:
A pool - (all Pro Divisions) will play the long tees - 3 rounds of 18 (with a final 9 for the top 20 Open Men players in this division.
B pool - (all advanced divisions) will play short tees - 3 rounds of 18
C pool - (all AM/ Intermediate divisions) short tees - 3 rounds of 18

Saturday October 12, 2013
A pool - Muni / Muni Gold
B pool - Muni Gold / Muni
C pool - USA / USA

Sunday October 13, 2013
A pool - Muni / Final 9 @ Muni Safari
B pool - USA
C pool - Muni Gold

Players meeting Saturday 12th - 8:45 am tee off at 9:30 am (@ Muni)
Sunday 13th - AM's and Advanced divvisions tee off @ 8:30 am (no players meeting) Pro's tee off at 9 am

Payouts
Pro's - 40% of the field
AM's - 1st place trophie for all divisions / Players Pack / Payout to top 50%

Registration
PayPal youcan32541 at yahoo dot com
PDGA - PDGA website
In person - any where I am
Snail mail - Steve Hollis 221 Santa Rosa Blvd FOrt Walton BEach FL 32548

Include Name, Division, PDGA #, email address, shirt size if playing in an AM division

We will be having clinics on Friday and Saturday by some of the best players in our sport - more info to come.

Lunch will be available both days.

Got Mango??

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2013 09:28AM by Eric Day.
Re: The Mango Classic 2013 - October 12 & 13, 2013
January 29, 2013 08:52AM
The Parker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Event is capped
> at 72 Pro Players and 90 Amateur Players.

sorry this should have read 144 Am Players - thanks for the heads up!

thanks Eric for fixing this for us!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2013 09:36AM by The Parker.
January 29, 2013 09:04AM
What do you think about capping the entire Pro field instead of each Pro division?
January 29, 2013 09:35AM
hobbit489 Wrote:
> What do you think about capping the entire Pro
> field instead of each Pro division?

These numbers allow more players in each division to play than we had last year. It also allows about 100 more players than the 2012 event. Everyone should keep an eye on the registration page(s) and be sure to get their entry in, in time to play in the division of your choice. Also if there are more players in one division and we do not fill up in in another we will allow you to get in from the wait list to that closed division.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 09, 2013 12:59PM
We posted this in the general discussion section - have been asked to copy it here also, so here you go.

Just a few quick updates for the Mango Classic - "Mango in Mobile".

The offical website for the Mango Classic is published. Even though we need to make a couple of tweeks to it - should be complete by the end of the weekend. (the course maps need to be adjusted - the q & a page needs a contact form added to it, etc..) This is the offical site and will stand as the last word on the event.

We hope that you will check it out and make plans to register - if you are planning to play in the Open field you should keep an eye on it because it looks like it will fill up first. If enough Open players sign up early enough we will add another course and extend the open players to 72 persons - if not we will just run with it as is.

We have passed the $10,000 mark and are still looking for more $$ - if you can help as a business or a player be sure to check out the raffle - sponsor links on the site for how the money will be used.

Still need a few helpers - checkin and adding scores. We could use a few more spotters for anyone that is not playing check out the link for spectators to learn more about what you can expect.

Team Mango is looking forward to this years event and hope you are also...
Mango Classic Offical Site

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 10, 2013 10:02AM
Still plenty of time to Register but they are starting to come in. 20 Open spots remaining!

Here are two more options for registering -

Mike Kernan will accept your $ and info in NO
Randeye Reynolds will do the same in Mobile

Mango in Mobile Registered Players

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 13, 2013 11:17AM
Oh yeah i cant wait for this event some world class golfers coming to play :-)
August 14, 2013 08:40AM
BOOM!

BMB
August 14, 2013 09:13AM
What will the players pack be like for intermediate?
August 15, 2013 10:28PM
???
August 16, 2013 12:41PM
At least one event shirt and disc. Did not get much of a reply when asking after last years event if the non Pro groups wanted another large players pack or more of a payout - the larger payout had the largest number of voices.

Host hotels have been added to the site - Right about $50 plus tax per night...

Mango in Mobile Host Hotels

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 19, 2013 08:07PM
7 Open Men spots left - Mango Classic Registered Players

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 20, 2013 07:32AM
6 Open spots left - 9 GM, rest of the divisions have plenty of space. Remember that we will start a wait list and will place that list into the event on October 1st... spots remaining.

Would anyone be interested in us looking at the possibility for a 6 hole skins with the final 6 players and a raffle? My guess is that you would be playing with one of the best players in the world... Any other things you might want to see happen?

We still could use 3 or 4 more spotters - can you help? Thanks for all the FB and PM messages of support and a big THANKS to all who have offered your help!

Thanks to Dangerous Don Perkins and Thomas Palmer who's sponsorships have paid the $2 SN fee for 75 players! Thanks to Palmer Toyota for their Tee sponsor - go out and buy a new or used car from them today to drive to the Classic! All individuals sponsor ships will be used to offset the SN and PDGA fees etc. - Business sponsorships will go towards the event fees - Thanks in advance to all who can help! 100% of funds received will be put to payout or event fees - Team Mango will not take a dime from the event, we do this for the Players not ourselves.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 21, 2013 06:28PM
Awesome job Steve!

Dangerous Don
August 22, 2013 08:38AM
Thank you Don!

Thank you to Kevin Reilly for his $75 sponsor support. Adding that to Dangerous Don and Thomas Palmers help - they have paid the SN fees for 112 of you. Anyone else? Team Mango has worked hard all year to raise money for this event - just because we have raised a bit of money does not mean that we could not use your support...

Last day for the Players pack will be October 1st, late fee of $10 also starts then - if you are playing get registered save $10 and help a TD out. No day of registration - will be at Muni (by hole 10) Friday for those that wait til the last minute. Online registration closes @ 12 am the 9th of October.

Looks like the order and courses may change - stay tuned for more information on that.

Open has 2 spots left until the wait list kicks in - PGM has 7 - FPO has 9 - the other still have plenty of room.Hope all have a great weekend!

Congratulations to Jamie Massengale who will have his Hotel stay paid for by Mango for his win in the Raffle last year.

Remember that you can pay Mike Kernan in NO, Randye Reynolds in Mobile, and any of us at the SNPC.

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 08:39AM by The Parker.
August 22, 2013 03:08PM
Open has filled up and we have one on the wait list. I still have believe that we will have room for 8 - 10 more players once October 1 rolls around. If you want in this division message or email me to be added to the list. Come October 1st you need to be ready to pay or lose your spot.

8 spots for Open Woman - 7 for Pro Grand Master.....

Current List of Registered Players

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 23, 2013 08:12AM
This was a question asked on our facebook page and thought we might see what some of you think-

Mobile is home to Matt Orum and Cameron Colglazier does that give them an advantage, small advantage, or large advantage to repeat as a Mango Classic Champion in 2013. The field has 9 of the best players in the world - how much do you think local knowledge of the playground at this level swings the win there way?

Team Mango wishes all of the disc golfers a great tournament at the Vibram and do not want to play favorites... GO CAM!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 23, 2013 09:06AM
The courses being used are not all that difficult for the pros. I don't think the fact that Matt and Cameron "know" the courses will give them a huge advantage. It will help but, after one round, the other guys like mcbeth, feldberg, laccastro, so on and so forth, will have a good idea of what to do. It should be a pretty competitive tournament I think.
August 23, 2013 09:23AM
Cam or Matt will win :)
August 23, 2013 04:35PM
tmad1004 Wrote:
> The courses being used are not all that difficult
> for the pros. I don't think the fact that Matt and
> Cameron "know" the courses will give them a huge
> advantage. It will help but, after one round, the
> other guys like mcbeth, feldberg, laccastro, so on
> and so forth, will have a good idea of what to do.
> It should be a pretty competitive tournament I
> think.

As I posted on FB I have to agree with this quote. The courses we are playing are not exactly the hardest courses.. or should I say it's not a course you have a bunch of "local" routes. For the most part it is what it looks like it should be each hole. There is really not any of those " hidden " routes. Yes Matt & Cam will have a slight advantage.. as much as I am a Prodigy fan.. I would say Matt has the biggest advantage due to his disc line up has not really changed. Cam on the other hand has a newish bag and may not have his " go to " discs per hole anymore.

But all that being said. The skill level of the players coming out.. it's going to be who can just putt better over the weekend. That's my thoughts on the matter at least :)
Anonymous User
August 23, 2013 07:30PM
Yeah Mr. Rob that must be why Cam is tied for first at the Vibram Open, he sure is having trouble with that new plastic. D'oh!
August 23, 2013 10:14PM
You did read what I typed right? Or just pull one line off and try to make a come back? If your having trouble understanding what I posted I can explain in simpler English for you :)
Anonymous User
August 24, 2013 06:20AM
Mr.Rob Wrote:
> If your
> having trouble understanding what I posted I can
> explain in simpler English for you :)

It's you're not your. Nice try on the English. D'oh!
August 24, 2013 12:47PM
Real Quick to answer some questions and hope fully cut down on some of the messages and calls. Open division is full and has two paid on the wait list - and several on a paper list here at Mango. The paid wait list will get in before the paper list does. Let us say again that we feel that at least the first 10 will get in - if not more. SO, if you are playing in this division, go ahead and get registered. There is going to be a time when there will just not be any more spaces to move around.

Next, several of the PM, facebook messages, and emails have suggested that we lower the amount of players in other groups so those who are ready to pay can be assured a spot. This may happen in the near future - register in the division you are planning on playing in to be sure you get a spot. Team Mango is not rushing anyone to register just making a suggestion to you. We did not foresee the Open division filling up so quickly and are sorry that we did not see that happening before hand - but we are happy that it has!

Go Cam!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 24, 2013 05:21PM
><! Trolling me with the grammar Nazi :(

Courses are looking great! There was someone out @ USA today spray painting white all over.. any idea if that was tourney prep or something? My best guess was it was prepping for maybe mowing it?

Also Muni Gold will need to be flagged big time. I've played there a couple times and I still had a hard time finding some tee pads.
August 26, 2013 11:57AM
Monday Morning Update -

All the Pro divisions have filled up -

Anyone with computer skills that would like to help with - Live Scoring and Posting Round Scores - PM or email us!

Now that we have all the Pro Players attention - we still have 7 Open Women and 5 Pro Grandmaster spots left - Pro Masters has no registrations at all. Team Mango just wants to keep you up to date and registration has been open for 5 or 6 months, if you wait to long and lose the spot please don't come on here and beat us up - they are going to fill up!

Rob - the courses will be well marked not to worry - rumor about a 700+ foot hole being added at Muni for the Pros... Yes, its true...

What do you think the best total score will be not counting the playoff? and who shoots it?

Great Job Cam - you should be proud as all of us are of you!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

August 26, 2013 02:25PM
150 Cameron Colglazier!
August 27, 2013 01:18AM
Really depends on what you do to the course layout. I know at the Mango @ Ferry you really put it on the pro's with O.B. lines. But @ B.A. you didn't. So :) Scores will depend on how " Hard " you make it.

An 700ft+ hole! Good lord man lol. We are only human.. :D Sounds fun though!! Can't wait!!
August 27, 2013 08:41AM
That 700 footer at Muni Gold is a beast if its the one they had at CoM. Right on the edge of the lake also
August 27, 2013 09:35PM
You said that the courses and orders may be changing....any word on that yet? Im intermediate so im more worried about that but it would be cool to know for all divisions. Sounds like a really great tournament coming up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013