Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2013 Pot of Gold--March 16, New Orleans

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Re: 2013 Pot of Gold--March 16, New Orleans
March 13, 2013 02:50PM
Let's repeat a couple things:

THERE ARE NO SATURDAY SIGNUPS THIS YEAR!!!

Paypal will be accepted until 11:59 PM Friday night, or you can pay on Friday at Lafreniere Park. You can also pay at City Park all week long, ask for Joe Burback of Aboriginal Discs. Joe will also accept credit cards over the phone (add 4% for over the phone though which is $36.40 for ams & $57.20 for pros). Go here for the phone number----> [www.aboriginaldiscs.com]

Bring-your-partner Doubles is 3 PM Friday. 24 holes at Lafreniere Park. Best Shot, one round. $20 pro teams, $12 for am teams. All entrants into the Friday Doubles will get a 2013 Pot of Gold re-usable scorecard courtesy of Team Crafty.

Don't forget about the Vibram Open qualifying spots! For those in the Open, Pro Ladies, Pro Masters, Pro Grandmasters, and Advanced divisions, you can earn a spot to the 2013 Vibram Open, the biggest NT of the year! Just add $10 to your entry fee for a chance to earn one of two coveted spots. So far 6 players have opted in for the 2 spots: Ricky Martin, Jeff St. Romain, Doug Williams, Stephen Harrison, Nick Robichaux, and Mike Kernan. I've played the VO three times now and I can vouch that it is worth the trip...it's like the Pot of Gold with a better course!
Anonymous User
March 13, 2013 02:59PM
To get to City Park from either direction, take I-10 to I-610, then exit at Canal Blvd and head south, go under the railroad, then turn left at the first light (Navarre). Stay on that road until it ends, then turn left onto Marconi. Follow Marconi under the railroad tracks again and turn right immediately after that onto Zachary Taylor Drive. Then take your first right, Henry Thomas Drive, which will bring you under the railroad tracks again, then the course is on your right. Parking is kinda tight, if you can't park by hole 1 or 11 try parking behind Hole 2 or along Holes 8-10.

To get to Lafreniere Park from either direction, take I-10 to exit 225, Veterans Blvd. Take a left at the light, then go about 1/4 mile to a left at Downs Blvd. which takes you into the park. Take your first left in the park and go about 1/4 mile past the dog park to Shelter 2 which will be on the right.

GPS coordinates for the courses:

Lafreniere Park 30.001400,-90.209602

City Park 29.992082,-90.094371
Dex
March 13, 2013 03:04PM
Thanks Bluff

appreciate it

Dex
Anonymous User
March 13, 2013 05:50PM
NO Teamers, we would appreciate your donations to the raffle! Even if it's just one disc ! Drop off a donation to Joe at CP on your way to practice or bring it to tournament HQ at Lafreniere Friday.

Raffle tickets will be available at both courses Saturday morning, then at the lunch buffet. The drawing should be around 1 when we think both pools will be at Lafreniere Park eating lunch.

Tickets are $5 each. We'll have a couple Big Bird Roc 3s, a Innova Traveller portable basket, gift certificates and whatever else NO Team scrounges up!
March 13, 2013 07:41PM
Thank you nice lady!:) I'll be there sat morning!
March 13, 2013 08:24PM
The course looks awesome, the weather should be in the mid 70's and the hooters girls will be there. It doesn't get much better. Thanks to Mark "the shark" and Roy "farmer" for helping me out today with putting the finishing touches on getting the course ready for the P.O.G. And special thanks to MIke "Special K" Kernan for doing all he does to make this tourney happen time after time. See y'all at doubles Friday or at the "Dragons Den" Friday night.

Hey Keith , Did you find my disc ?
Anonymous User
March 13, 2013 09:15PM
Tonight's registration update is brought to us by:

The Jackson Union of Disc Golf Enthusiasts are an enthusiastic union of disc golfers from Jackson! They are coming to the Pot of Gold in enthusiastic droves to throw some plastic down. They will enthusiastically kick a lot of ass! And take names. NO Team enthusiastically thanks JUDGES for enthusiastically sponsoring the 2013 Pot of Gold!

Pool A (first round at City Park---8:45 a.m. players meeting at City Park)

Senior Grandmasters (2)
Marvin McVay
David Clayton

Am Ladies (4)
Angela Irby
Jennifer Cline
Hannah Stone
Esther Schultz

Advanced Grandmasters (2)
Steve McKay
Greg Finch

Advanced Masters(21)
Pat Fisher
Keith Bodin
Leon Irby
Cullen Wilson
Roy Poteet
Mark Laborde
Bayne Weaver
Brooks Newell
Michael Gray
Mark Smith
James Kainer
Kenneth Keller
Chuck Leggett
Joe Jacobson
Tommy Browning
Steven Ramsey
Mike Bennett
Steve Prieto
Lee Davison
Tommy Norman
Ken Oakley

Intermediate Am (30)
Ryan Niccolini
Justin Tolbert
Brian Kirkley
Chris Kirkley
Heath Swain
Joey Downey
Mason McKay
Elias Heerema
John Grandeury
Hunter Sarrett
Nick Rappazini
James Gonzales
Josh Long
Mike Quinn
Caleb Huber
Royden Peabody
Heath Gandy
Thunder Schultz
Alan Kansas
Matthew Adkinson
Max Barron
Scott Shannon
Andrew Larsen
Garrett Jones
Andy Perkins
Will McInnis
Cain Mabou
Phillip Murray
Rocky Curl
Greg Phillips

Novice (9)
Trinity Cline
Christopher Trahan
Jordan Sellers
John V Kirkley III
Joe Macadam
Jonathan Walker
Dan Dooley
Zack Shraberg
Silas Schultz

Pool B (first round at Lafreniere Park...9:00 a.m. players meeting at Lafreniere Park) VO=eligible for Vibram Open spots ($10 extra)

Pro Ladies (3)
Deborah Brouillette
Lynn Day
Charlee Swain

Open (10)
Jeff St. Romain (VO)
Bernie Sawyer
Ricky Martin (VO)
Jay Walsdorf
Willie Waite
Doug Marinovich
Nick Robichaux
Mike Sham
Bryan Oubre
Chris Akers

Masters (7)
Will Timmons
Mike Brown
Jon Fox
Doug Williams (VO)
Mike Kernan (VO)
Steve Folmar
Stephen Harrison (VO)

Grandmasters (15)
Randy Reynolds
John Kirkley
Jake Walsdorf
Richard Wallen
Rob Williams
David Dean
Steve Hollis
Randy Boyette
Dave Williamson
Ronnie Adams
Dex Braud
Dale McVeay
Jim Blansett
Buddy Pacatte
Mark Knoblach

Advanced Am (23)
Nick Hartley
Johnathan Nyce
Russell Williams
DJ Normand
Terry Zeringue
Jason Kimbell
Broderick Mayeaux
Eric Day
Hanan Browning
Scott Schulz
Keith Osborne
Joshua Wenger
Chris Downey
Tyler Stacy
James Wood
Jason Volo
Jacques Giraud
Dylan Schultz
Lloyd Wilkins
Derek Drew
Robbie Roger
Chad Sherbert
Philip Tait

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 09:19PM by Bluff Magee.
Anonymous User
March 13, 2013 09:25PM
One of the benefits of being a sponsor, present or past, is that this year since there are no Saturday signups, all sponsors get to suggest who they want in their group the first round!

Send me a PM with your requests, or post it here. NO Team aims to please...anything we can do for our sponsors, just ask! We couldn't do the Pot of Gold without y'all...thanks again.
March 14, 2013 06:58AM
Can a hooter girl be apart of that first round grouping choice?!?! Lol

Terry Zeringue
March 14, 2013 09:59AM
Dragons Den...yea baby
March 14, 2013 10:14AM
I need a partner for the doubles on friday if anyone's interested, AM
March 14, 2013 10:29AM
I would like to add myself to the Vibram Open qualifier. Can I pay the $10 at check in or do I need to paypal beforehand?

Doug Marinovich
March 14, 2013 11:13AM
who erased my comment??? nothing bad was said.
Anonymous User
March 14, 2013 11:17AM
Mr. ho, a few comments were deleted yesterday to avoid any confusion. Some erroneous information was posted that we felt might confuse some newer players.

Dugghm, you can pay for the VO at check-in.
March 14, 2013 11:56AM
gold fish boy!!!!! looks like the great weather will bless you; ya'll have fun wish i could be there.
March 14, 2013 12:15PM
Is the VO spots for each division or for the 2 top scores?
March 14, 2013 12:38PM
For any out-of-town folks that have not played City Park in a little while...the course is looking better than I have ever seen it look.

The fearless NOTeam volunteers have worked their tails off to beautify the course in many ways. Tee boxes have been groomed, new tee signs were installed and huge swaths of impassable rough were removed from a few holes. There are even new "stairs" to take you from the #3 green to the #4 pro tee box. This will come in handy on Saturday.
I am sure I am forgetting something else they did...but the course is a sight to behold. Thanks, guys.

Y'all are in for a real treat.
March 14, 2013 12:49PM
If you are Bluff you can say what you want.....but make a minor joke and the forum police come out! I am sure this will get deleted also.....

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 14, 2013 01:35PM
ok thanks
March 14, 2013 01:47PM
Edit this.

BMB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 02:00PM by MassiveJ.
March 14, 2013 01:53PM
Working out the final details but I'm going to try to make my first PoG! ... Look for my paypal for the Advanced Masters division tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Looks to be a HUGE Advanced Masters division ... maybe 1 or two more we'll qualify for a basket too :)
Anonymous User
March 14, 2013 02:29PM
Let me check my butt and see if I can pull a big basket for the bagger masters out...nope, can't pull one out. Pro Masters is still available, I'm certain whoever wins Adv. Masters will be a true pro. I think I'll even let ultra bagger Eddie sign up with y'all now.

Sig there are 2 spots total, not by division.
March 14, 2013 02:36PM
Well hopefully the Pro Masters are signing up in the Pro Master division ... I'm not going to get on my typical divisional/ratings people playing in the same division for 3, 5 or more years rant but ...
March 14, 2013 02:44PM
If he lets Eddie sign up for advance masters he is letting a pro in.....We could have a basket for advance masters....but we got Hooter girls instead.

[www.facebook.com]
March 14, 2013 04:22PM
Eddie has not played in over 5 months, since he won the number 1 bag tag. So if he does play he should be rusty. Unless Kernan let's him roll a bowling ball down the fairway. But that could get tricky on long 18. Thanks again to jay-Vo and Will for helping on the tee boxes. And also Mark "the shark" for his help with the bush hog. See y'all tomorrow at dubs at Laf.

Hey Keith , Did you find my disc ?
March 14, 2013 04:59PM
Add another advanced master to the list. See you guys tomorrow afternoon!

Wayne Acree
Anonymous User
March 14, 2013 05:07PM
I checked the stats and bagger Eddie is eligible. He did say he was almost out of discs so he wanted to win a bunch of them. And he is looking for a partner for doubles Friday---how about it Bodin?

If you can't beat 'em join 'em!
March 14, 2013 05:24PM
Is the hooter girls going to be there for doubs?

[www.facebook.com]
March 14, 2013 05:39PM
when we send paypal to you....do we tell what division we are playing in when sent? and is there any possible way for you to hold a pot of gold glo boss for me?
March 14, 2013 05:39PM
i only play on days the hooters girls are going to be there....

[www.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013