Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: 2013 SNPC - Aug. 31 - Sept. 1, 2013 - Columbus, MS
September 04, 2013 10:15AM
Lori, There was a players meeting on Sat. morning ..... there was one scheduled for Sunday, but at 8:00 am there were only 2 players there...... The awards still happen, but no one from the BOD stepped up and took over (Kittrill is out of the country on duty and he usually handles them), Points discs were handed out (very quietly ) LoL, , the local club put their own spin on the event as happens every year... it just happens that they run their tourneys on a 10,000 ft. course . Next year will be Memphis and they will do their thing and you will feel more at home!!!! See you there and tell Dicky that I enjoyed playing with him!!! Later, Bud
September 04, 2013 04:54PM
Enjoyed the courses! Courses were in great shape, but gold could have been marked a lot better days before and day of. Thank you Palmers for spotting on the gold peninsula hole! Maybe could have used a spotter on a couple of other holes..... Plenty of water/bananas throughout the course was very helpful! Was hoping for a dri-fit shirt again this year instead of a heavy t, but I'm sure that may be related to sponsorships.
Thanks Columbus crew and Clayton
ww
September 04, 2013 06:17PM
Who got the USDGC spots?
September 04, 2013 06:54PM
Excluding players already qualified it should be:

Barrett Johnson -20
Donald Ellsworth -20
Tim Keith -18
Akeem Williams -15
Dan Sisk -11
September 04, 2013 07:15PM
Nope, Akeem got the last spot. Barry wasn't on the already qualified list.

Barry
Barrett
Donald
Tim
Akeem
September 04, 2013 07:32PM
correct
September 04, 2013 09:01PM
I know things could have been a lot better and for that I apologize. I have quite a list of things to improve on and things I wish I had done differently, but I hope the things we did right meant that the majority of players enjoyed themselves.

Columbus has a really small disc golf club and I live an hour away, but the volunteers that were there worked hard so others could have fun. I thought we could pull it off, but it is very difficult to run such a high caliber event with limited help and not make some mistakes. Even more so when there has been such an impressive precedent set with all the good championships held before ours.

Good Luck to future championships!
September 05, 2013 07:32AM
Never heard of people bagging in Pro's =/. Pro divisions are supposed to have the best players.

dmzich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not a pro player, so my opinion might not
> matter, but if every year some PDGA world ranked
> players are going to show up and win MOST of the
> money, it seems a waste to compete. I know I am
> supposed to want to play because it is fun, but
> paying $80 to enter and for gas and lodging, I
> would like to feel I have some chance of cashing.
> This may be one of the reasons for the low
> turnout. It may be time to AMEND the eligibility
> requirements for the Pro Championship. What do
> some of the pros who played feel about this?
September 05, 2013 08:59AM
I think the idea of top touring pros playing snpc's is great! Only way somebody should feel bitter towards it is if they are jealous they cant compete at such a high level. Over 3/4 of the pros in sn land never get to see top pros play unless on youtube or live stream during Nt's or major events. Lets be honest part of the reason the sport grows is bc of top pros doing what they do. I got WHOOPED just like the rest of the non touring pros but hey whos fault is that? lol I could practice and attempt to compete w them. They met ALL requirements needed to play this event so I was really excited to get to play w some of those guys. I play alot of pdga events but I had never been to an event where barry was there. I thought that was pretty kool. Had Matt or Cam won this convo wouldnt be. I think this should be a wake up call to us sn pros to step our games up and aim higher! If Cam and matt and eric tracy and rivers and shane seal and Worm and Fowler and whoever else in sn land could reach that high level of golf while living in our sn area then I dont see why anybody else cant do the same. As far as the snpc itself I enjoyed myself and hats off to the crew for doing all they did. There were a few things I could rant abt but nothing is ever good enough for everybody so I will just say thanks to everybody who helped put on this event. I do wish there wouldve been disc being sold but oh well no worries :-)
September 05, 2013 04:10PM
It's great if Will and Barry go around the US bragging about the SNPC AND courses. Congrats to all the winners and everyone who had fun.

Terry Zeringue
September 10, 2013 03:50PM
Results Posted

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013